ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks-Thunder PG

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Re: Knicks-Thunder PG 

Post#541 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:02 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Mecca wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Now I've read everything

It really has. The data I track and count are mostly defensive statistics.

They dont want to hear the truth. Mudiay has been good defensively this year and while both have been bad offensively Mudiay has been less so.

Mudiay has played the passing lanes for a few steals. His man to man defense sucks. Sorry about the data. I've watched him play.

That's ok. I hope the Knicks throw a big ass contract at him and he's the starting PG for years.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,590

Post#542 » by mpharris36 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:02 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Mecca wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Now I've read everything

They dont want to hear the truth. Mudiay has been good defensively this year and while both have been bad offensively Mudiay has been less so.

lets also put this into perspective a bit. Mudiay has also been coming off the bench in a limited role vs mostly weaker bench guards. Just like the game vs OKC he was destroyed by a starting caliber point guard. And tonight he will probably be destroyed against Jrue Holiday.

No more nights against the Tim Frazier's of the world Mudiay...we shall see soon enough if those defensive numbers hold up...

a little insight there...they wont.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#543 » by Mecca » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:03 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Mecca wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Now I've read everything

A lot of people just judge by reputation instead of analyzing the player without bias.

Frank’s defense has been like an 8.5 this year. Mudiay’s defense has been like a 7.5.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Mecca
RealGM

Post#544 » by Mecca » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:04 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Mudiay has played the passing lanes for a few steals. His man to man defense sucks. Sorry about the data. I've watched him play.

That's ok. I hope the Knicks throw a big ass contract at him and he's the starting PG for years.

His man to man has actually been good.
Brooklyn Nets
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#545 » by mpharris36 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:09 pm

Mecca wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Mecca wrote:

A lot of people just judge by reputation instead of analyzing the player without bias.

Frank’s defense has been like an 8.5 this year. Mudiay’s defense has been like a 7.5.

you think that will stay at a 7.5 when he stops going up against the jerian grants, jeremy lins, and the austin rivers of the world

and starts going up against the John Wall, Jrue Holiday, and Steph Curry's?

we saw one game vs Schroder and nothing changed to me...still an awful defender. You can just hide it more coming off the bench because the talent level is so different.

Just trying to put a little context into it. That is where analytics come up short. Even though I am a big analytics guy.

ROSTER

Mecca
RealGM

Post#546 » by Mecca » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:17 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

you think that will stay at a 7.5 when he stops going up against the jerian grants, jeremy lins, and the austin rivers of the world

we saw one game vs Schroder and nothing changed to me...still an awful defender. You can just hide it more coming off the bench because the talent level is so different.

Just trying to put a little context into it. That is where analytics come up short. Even though I am a big analytics guy.

I think the evidence is based on assumption in this situation. I won’t be able to give a definitive answer until we see how he reacts to top tier PG’s in future. Can only judge on what we’ve seen thus far.
Brooklyn Nets
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#547 » by mpharris36 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:22 pm

Mecca wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Mecca wrote:

I think the evidence is based on assumption in this situation. I won’t be able to give a definitive answer until we see how he reacts to top tier PG’s in future. Can only judge on what we’ve seen thus far.

thats fair enough and I will give you that.

However if I was a betting man I would tend to lead on his numbers sky rocketing up because there is over 3 years of analytics saying he is an atrocious defender. And his 1st start against a starting caliber point guard he went right back to awful.

But however long this starting period is for him I guess we will know for sure.

ROSTER

whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Post#548 » by whocares1 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:36 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Mecca wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
correct, that will come next year :lol:

I’m not debating that. I like Knox a lot, but drafting SGA would’ve made a ton of sense just because this is a weak PG draft and he’s exactly what this team needed.

Knicks once again don't know how to plan. Took the wing the year before the top of the draft was wing heavy

Knicks needed two wings in my opinion. That’s before Mitch was in the equation and we were content with KP at the 5.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,443

Post#549 » by KnicksGod » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:14 pm

Statrax wrote:Kevin Knox is a mediocre prospect. Mills and Perry better realize they’ll keep getting these types of players if they win 30 games every season.

He’s not mediocre. He has rare talent for that size.

Also draft position is a very imperfect indicator of the quality of the player drafted. We just got Mitch with a 2nd.
Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 5,641

Post#550 » by Buttah304 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:30 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
Statrax wrote:Kevin Knox is a mediocre prospect. Mills and Perry better realize they’ll keep getting these types of players if they win 30 games every season.

He’s not mediocre. He has rare talent for that size.

Also draft position is a very imperfect indicator of the quality of the player drafted. We just got Mitch with a 2nd.

I will never understand calling someone a mediocre prospect whose got the size that Knox has and his release is beautiful. Needs to significantly improve his defense and his decision making on the break/going to the hoop but he’s legitimately a 19 year old kid.

Return to New York Knicks