ImageImageImageImageImage

PG Thread: No Limit Tanks

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,441

Re: PG Thread: No Limit Tanks 

Post#221 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:11 pm

whocares1 wrote:I think Fiz has to make things simpler for Knox defensively. He’s just trying to play safety out there, when he should focus on sticking his man. If players rotate, then pick up your new assignment but stay focused on getting back to the original guy when teammates want to switch back.

Knox should think with the defensive mindset of holding his assignment under 10 points. It sounds corny but if you drill it into his mind that his assignment can’t get more than 10 points he’ll take defense more seriously. He’s far too content giving up easy baskets.

No man, he's got to fulfill his rotation responsibility on defense. No excuses. If he can't, then he's not ready to play. He can go to the G League too.
Free Palestine
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,139

Post#222 » by Fat Kat » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:11 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Frank is our PG of the future. What else do you guys expect to get? An expensive Timmy type player like Kemba, or a Burke. PG can be overrated. Doesn’t solve all problems like you guys are sort of saying. I’d rather Timmy take better shots than replace Frank with some deluxe Burke.

All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,441

Post#223 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:14 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:Frank is our PG of the future. What else do you guys expect to get? An expensive Timmy type player like Kemba, or a Burke. PG can be overrated. Doesn’t solve all problems like you guys are sort of saying. I’d rather Timmy take better shots than replace Frank with some deluxe Burke.

Frank is always looking directly at his questioner with confidence every time.
Free Palestine
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Post#224 » by robillionaire » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:23 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
robillionaire wrote:Like I said just trade him, y’all deserve mediocrity. Worst fanbase in the nba

Personally, I hope we miss out on Zion, the other Duke kids and all the other top draft prospects. I live for the "draft regret" posts on here.

:D

:lol:

This fanbase would turn it’s back on Zion just as fast as anybody else who has ever played here
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,975

Post#225 » by whocares1 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:28 pm

robillionaire wrote:Like I said just trade him, y’all deserve mediocrity. Worst fanbase in the nba

We have the worst fanbase but being critical of players doesn’t mean they needed to be traded. We’re rooting for their success because they play on our favorite team, we just don’t agree on how good the prospects we have actually are.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,139

Post#226 » by Fat Kat » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:33 pm

robillionaire wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Personally, I hope we miss out on Zion, the other Duke kids and all the other top draft prospects. I live for the "draft regret" posts on here.

:D

:lol:

This fanbase would turn it’s back on Zion just as fast as anybody else who has ever played here

The Zion vs. KP vs. Knox battles would be epic.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,975

Post#227 » by whocares1 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:08 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
whocares1 wrote:I think Fiz has to make things simpler for Knox defensively. He’s just trying to play safety out there, when he should focus on sticking his man. If players rotate, then pick up your new assignment but stay focused on getting back to the original guy when teammates want to switch back.

Knox should think with the defensive mindset of holding his assignment under 10 points. It sounds corny but if you drill it into his mind that his assignment can’t get more than 10 points he’ll take defense more seriously. He’s far too content giving up easy baskets.

No man, he's got to fulfill his rotation responsibility on defense. No excuses. If he can't, then he's not ready to play. He can go to the G League too.

But my point is that rotating is fine, but then he gets stuck between defending the player he rotated with or the guy he was previously defending. He then ends ups around the free throw line and before you know it, the guy he’s supposed to be defending is taking a wide open three point shot. I’d understand if it happened every once in a while, but it happens a lot. It’s alarming actually and he hasn’t improved even slightly.

It’s not like I’m asking him to go from a F defender to A+. I’m saying at least an F to a C and he’d be borderline useful out there.
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,955

Post#228 » by ITGM » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:14 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:

Frank is always looking directly at his questioner with confidence every time.

I wish he had that same confidence when it comes to dribbling, driving to the basket, and shooting.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,750

Post#229 » by cgf » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:42 am

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
cgf wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Burke would be best as a bench scorer, but he's inefficient, undersized and not a good defender so I dont think he's even a good option in that role long term.

Finding our starting PG is def a priority.

Is it? Don't each of the best case scenarios for this team entail adding a wing who'd be the primary ballhandler? KD, Kawhi, Khris, Zion, Cam, RJ, Romeo; basically everyone we're dreaming about other than Nas would negate the need for a ball dominant PG. Meaning we'd be perfectly fine with a 3&D PG who can run some PNRs as a secondary ballhandler.

...and with frank's mechanics and how little he's missing by on a lot of his shots, he could well be that guy in a year's time :dontknow:

Yea i would say so. As it stands right now pg is def our biggest weakness. Even if we bring in those guys we still need a pg. They are facilitators, but not pgs. If it turns out Frank can be our pg then even better. I would not give up on him, but he has a lot to improve and its not yet known if he can develop into a good starting point. If he can, then we found our pg.

But that depends on what our expectations are from our PG, no?

Frank’s shown potential running PNRs, he initiates the offense, and his shot is promising...the motion is smooth, if not particular quick, and his shots aren’t missing by much most of the time. That profiles to a certain type of starting PG, one who fits especially well next to a star primary ballhandler.

That’s why I’m not so sure that a PG is our biggest need moving forward, as we don’t seem to be aiming for a PG-dominated offense.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#230 » by F N 11 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:48 am

Frank violated Randle I see.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#231 » by dakomish23 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:11 am

Da ThRONe wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:I would have loved for them to have landed Butler.

AD is the best big since Duncan and maybe Hakeem.

Reign23 wrote:what about shaq :x

Shaq in his prime was one of the most dominating forces in the league. But I think AD could pass him by the time he’s done.

I just haven’t seen a guy this far above every other big man in a long time.

Juco24 wrote:And uummmm Mr. Garnett wasn't too shabby either. IJS

You think Garnett is better than AD?

AD last season, 6th season

28.1 PPG 11.1 RPG 2.3 APG 1.5 SPG 2.6 BPG
53% FG% 34% 3PT 83% FT

AD this season, 7th season

26.5 PPG 13.1 RPG 4.7 APG 1.4 SPG 2.9 BPG
48% FG% 38% 3PT 76% FT

KG MVP season, easily his best season, 9th season

24.2 PPG 13.9 RPG 5.0 APG 1.5 SPG 2.2 BPG
50% FG% 26% 3PT 80% FT

You are severely underestimating how amazing AD is.

Stats are incredibly inflated. Players are not allowed to guard now like they did just last season let alone 10-12 years ago. As a Pelicans fan I'm taking Garnett. Although Davis is very impressive in his own right.

AD would kill it in Garnett’s era. He is a generational talent.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#232 » by dakomish23 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:15 am

magnumt wrote:• Youngest Team in the NBA.

• THREE Rookies starting.

• We almost beat the Pelicans.

... How about we actually let these guys develop and get past their ROOKIE contracts BEFORE we label ANYONE a **** bust?!?! :roll:

Geez man, can some of y'all get a clue already?! :crazy:

--Mags :beer:

Who was it about? Frank or Knox? Or both? :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#233 » by dakomish23 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:22 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
WajaBawl wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Play Mitch next Kanter.

Literally no spacing.

You can have Mitch setting weak-side screens and hitting the offensive glass with Enes after the shot. Mitch covers a lot of ground very quickly. If we're going to develop Mitch, then why not let him start taking open look 3s? So what if he bricks the first ten, right? He'll hit the 11th and go from there. Kanter can also set screens and pass out the high post or top of the key. He can also hit jump shots from there.

I still say, as long as Fizdale is trying out different lineups, it's worth check out. It could also force opposing teams to contract its defense opening up better looks from 3 for our guys.

Kanter clogs the lane, at times, as he’s trying to box out for the offensive rebound.

The best thing is to keep him away by setting picks and then crashing the glass.

When he’s just standing down there, it’s not ideal

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,805

Post#234 » by Spree2Houston » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:25 am

Keyboard Warriors who have never have played ball in their life ridiculing 20 year old kids playing against grown men and thinking they're busts who will never improve after 20 lol pathetic
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,256

Post#235 » by Chanel Bomber » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:43 am

Dirk in his prime was better than Davis (and Garnett who was also mentioned in this thread). He led a team with no other All-Stars to the Finals twice, winning one championship and one FMVP trophy.

AD doesn't have Dirk's gravitational pull. He's nowhere near Dirk in terms of overall impact, at least not yet. He still heavily relies on his teammates. I personally don't think he will ever be the offensive centerpiece of a championship team.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Post#236 » by robillionaire » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:14 am

Chanel Bomber wrote:

Dirk in his prime was better than Davis (and Garnett who was also mentioned in this thread). He led a team with no other All-Stars to the Finals twice, winning one championship and one FMVP trophy.

AD doesn't have Dirk's gravitational pull. He's nowhere near Dirk in terms of overall impact, at least not yet. He still heavily relies on his teammates. I personally don't think he will ever be the offensive centerpiece of a championship team.

I agree but keep in mind people said the same things about dirk for years until it actually happened. that he could never win as a teams best player. and he was arguably a little bit past his prime when he did win. the story about davis hasn't been written yet, not even close.
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#237 » by levendis » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:50 am

Spree2Houston wrote:Keyboard Warriors who have never have played ball in their life ridiculing 20 year old kids playing against grown men and thinking they're busts who will never improve after 20 lol pathetic

There are countless amount of lottery picks that look liked busts from the get go. We have some of the largest collection on this team. I believe Knox is going to be bust. I hope he isn’t and cashes some large checks in the future but I doubt it. It Ain’t that deep. Criticizing him as a player is fair game.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#238 » by magnumt » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:19 am

dakomish23 wrote:
magnumt wrote:• Youngest Team in the NBA.

• THREE Rookies starting.

• We almost beat the Pelicans.

... How about we actually let these guys develop and get past their ROOKIE contracts BEFORE we label ANYONE a **** bust?!?! :roll:

Geez man, can some of y'all get a clue already?! :crazy:

Who was it about? Frank or Knox? Or both? :lol:

Knox this time. Can you believe it?! :crazy:

BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,151

Post#239 » by Garbagelo » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:47 am

You bunch of whiners deserve 30 year old vets at every position on a treadmill 9th seed team
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#240 » by Mecca » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:27 am

My dream scenario will continue to be to use Frank to get out of THJ/Lee contracts to bring Kemba in with KD.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney

Return to New York Knicks