ImageImageImageImageImage

OT 90s Hoops With Scottie Pippen and Charles Oakley

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,431

OT 90s Hoops With Scottie Pippen and Charles Oakley 

Post#1 » by RHODEY » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:39 pm

I thought this was a really good listen, mods delete i f you feel this shouldn't be here:

GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Re: OT 90s Hoops With Scottie Pippen and Charles Oakley 

Post#2 » by GEOLINK » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:15 pm

Ugh it has Michael Rappaport, pass.
Anotha Knicks fan
Head Coach
And1: 1,333

Post#3 » by Anotha Knicks fan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:49 pm

RHODEY wrote:I though this was a really good listen, mods delete i f you feel this shouldn't be here:

Pretty cool vid...

I'd just change a couple of things, like make it a little longer, let them develop their answers a little more, maybe stage it at a better place, and definitely choose a different host.

But pretty cool video.

Funny about Isiah Thomas. Lol, damn.
Join me in welcoming in the new Era of our basketball team:

The New York Mediocrebockers!
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#4 » by RHODEY » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:02 pm

GEOLINK wrote:Ugh it has Michael Rappaport, pass.

LOL yeah I feel you , but I somehow for me he was less annoying here.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#5 » by RHODEY » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:04 pm

Anotha Knicks fan wrote:
RHODEY wrote:I though this was a really good listen, mods delete i f you feel this shouldn't be here:

Pretty cool vid...

I'd just change a couple of things, like make it a little longer, let them develop their answers a little more, maybe stage it at a better place, and definitely choose a different host.

But pretty cool video.

Funny about Isiah Thomas. Lol, damn.

Yeah, learned a few things....never knew Mase and OAK were tight. Imagine partying with those two?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,630

Post#6 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:05 pm

#OldSchool

Free Palestine
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#7 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:48 pm

Two things immediately jump out:

1. Scottie Pippen was thinner than Frank Ntilikina but Chicago didn't give up on him, one migraine after the Pistons got their 2nd Chip.

2. Oakley is right! It's no longer about playing time but matchups. I don't really like today's NBA. It feels more like baseball than NBA.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#8 » by MaseInYourFace » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:54 am

Rappaport is not a good interviewer but I really enjoyed that. Just wish it would have been a little longer. And boy the part where they talked about Zeke. Lmao.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,210

Post#9 » by Kampuchea » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:07 am

Couldn’t listen due to interviewer, may try again but skip the bits where Rap is talking.
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,251

Post#10 » by Knicks Byke » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:47 am

theres not one interview with scottie that doesnt involve mj :lol:
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,650

Post#11 » by prophet_of_rage » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:38 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Two things immediately jump out:

1. Scottie Pippen was thinner than Frank Ntilikina but Chicago didn't give up on him, one migraine after the Pistons got their 2nd Chip.

2. Oakley is right! It's no longer about playing time but matchups. I don't really like today's NBA. It feels more like baseball than NBA.
Thinner and waaaaay more talented.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#12 » by Dr. Detfink » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:02 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Maybe.

First of all, Scottie stayed in school and entered the NBA at age 22. He averaged around 7.9ppg which is where a 20 year old Frank Ntilikina was at before coach Fizzles cut his minutes and had him coming off the bench.

At age 23 Scottie Pippen averaged double digit points in the NBA. That's at least 2.5 seasons ahead of Frank.

Secondly, Scottie had good mentors and coaches. Frank had Jeff Hornacek. I mean, really? Hopefully Coach Fizzles will stress teaching over winning during this time of rebuild.

Third, Scottie had Michael Jordan. Right now, Frank has Count Chuckaway Jr. MJ was a high volume scorer BUT he also created wide open looks for his teammates (see Jim Paxson). Count Chuckaway Jr creates...um, problems for his teammates.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#13 » by prophet_of_rage » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:16 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:

Maybe.

First of all, Scottie stayed in school and entered the NBA at age 22. He averaged around 7.9ppg which is where a 20 year old Frank Ntilikina was at before coach Fizzles cut his minutes and had him coming off the bench.

At age 23 Scottie Pippen averaged double digit points in the NBA. That's at least 2.5 seasons ahead of Frank.

Secondly, Scottie had good mentors and coaches. Frank had Jeff Hornacek. I mean, really? Hopefully Coach Fizzles will stress teaching over winning during this time of rebuild.

Third, Scottie had Michael Jordan. Right now, Frank has Count Chuckaway Jr. MJ was a high volume scorer BUT he also created wide open looks for his teammates (see Jim Paxson). Count Chuckaway Jr creates...um, problems for his teammates.
Scottie Pippen was way better as a rookie. Don't be ridiculous using him as a comparator to Frank. There was a reason the Pistons strategy was rough him up and the league's strategy against Frank is leave him alone.

All your reasons why Scottie was in a different situation are all the reasons why you can't compare them.

RHODEY
RealGM

Post#14 » by RHODEY » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:00 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:

Maybe.

Scottie Pippen was way better as a rookie. Don't be ridiculous using him as a comparator to Frank. There was a reason the Pistons strategy was rough him up and the league's strategy against Frank is leave him alone.

All your reasons why Scottie was in a different situation are all the reasons why you can't compare them.

From what I cant recall Scottie's rookie season was underwhelming...and he was 22? Frank can be balling in another 2 years ..who knows?
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#15 » by prophet_of_rage » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:52 pm

RHODEY wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:
Maybe.

From what I cant recall Scottie's rookie season was underwhelming...and he was 22? Frank can be balling in another 2 years ..who knows?
Scottie Pippen doubled his production in his sophomore year after being groomed on the bench the first year. Year 2 he was nearly 14, 6 and 4 assists on 48 per cent shooting. Frank isn't anywhere close to Pip's trajectory in a more physical era in 33 minutes.

And Pippen being 22 means nothing. He went to a small school that wouldn't be any better than playing pro.

Set lower bars for Frank.

RHODEY
RealGM

Post#16 » by RHODEY » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:10 am

prophet_of_rage wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:Scottie Pippen was way better as a rookie. Don't be ridiculous using him as a comparator to Frank. There was a reason the Pistons strategy was rough him up and the league's strategy against Frank is leave him alone.

Scottie Pippen doubled his production in his sophomore year after being groomed on the bench the first year. Year 2 he was nearly 14, 6 and 4 assists on 48 per cent shooting. Frank isn't anywhere close to Pip's trajectory in a more physical era in 33 minutes.

And Pippen being 22 means nothing. He went to a small school that wouldn't be any better than playing pro.

True Franks currently not on PIPs trajectory, untrue to assume he cant improve based on that.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#17 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:22 am

RHODEY wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

True Franks currently not on PIPs trajectory, untrue to assume he cant improve based on that.
I said set a lower bar.

Return to New York Knicks