ImageImageImageImageImage

BaF Discussion #16: Back To Full Strength :-)

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,039

Re: BaF Discussion #16: Back To Full Strength :-) 

Post#2001 » by bringbackhoffa » Sat Feb 9, 2019 12:17 am

HEZI wrote:
SOUL wrote:
HEZI wrote:
Not just his strength but he's very slow

My nickname for him when he was in Texas was Slow Bamba. I don't get what's so intriguing about him besides the length. He's not very skilled and he lacks mobility. Personally I'd much rather have Mitchell Robinson.

Bamba can become a decent player but I just dont see anything special there, he's basically like the Center version of Jonathan Isaac. Your guys draft the last couple years was very meh .

He's not slow at all, he had one of the fastest times in the sprint workouts: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2779614-mo-bamba-reportedly-ran-faster-than-russell-westbrook-james-harden-in-workout

I think his length works against him though, and he definitely needs to know when to use his motor better. But he can already stretch the floor and put the ball on the floor as well. It's basically just a lot of basic stuff he needs to get down + get stronger, but it's almost impossible for you to gather any information half a season in. I haven't seen much of Mitch so I can't speak of him.

And Isaac I am very high on. Not as an all star, but as an uber role player that everybody needs. He will be all team defense one day, and I think like a less passing version of AK47 type of impact. He's starting to get a lot of 10/8/3/2/2 sort of games on the daily lately since he's being involved more. Keep in mind both of these dudes play with DJ Augustin and Jerian Grant as their point guards, neither who could pass if their life depended on it.

Yeah I know about the sprint workput and its so deceiving because it makes you believe he's actually quick when he plays but a drill that lasts a few seconds and a basketball game are two different scenarios.

The PG argument I feel you on, they could both benefit from better PG play. You guys also have Isiah Briscoe in your PG rotation, I'm so sorry you have to go through that
They got fultz now they good......

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#2002 » by HEZI » Sat Feb 9, 2019 12:24 am

bringbackhoffa wrote:
HEZI wrote:
SOUL wrote:
He's not slow at all, he had one of the fastest times in the sprint workouts: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2779614-mo-bamba-reportedly-ran-faster-than-russell-westbrook-james-harden-in-workout

I think his length works against him though, and he definitely needs to know when to use his motor better. But he can already stretch the floor and put the ball on the floor as well. It's basically just a lot of basic stuff he needs to get down + get stronger, but it's almost impossible for you to gather any information half a season in. I haven't seen much of Mitch so I can't speak of him.

And Isaac I am very high on. Not as an all star, but as an uber role player that everybody needs. He will be all team defense one day, and I think like a less passing version of AK47 type of impact. He's starting to get a lot of 10/8/3/2/2 sort of games on the daily lately since he's being involved more. Keep in mind both of these dudes play with DJ Augustin and Jerian Grant as their point guards, neither who could pass if their life depended on it.

Yeah I know about the sprint workput and its so deceiving because it makes you believe he's actually quick when he plays but a drill that lasts a few seconds and a basketball game are two different scenarios.

The PG argument I feel you on, they could both benefit from better PG play. You guys also have Isiah Briscoe in your PG rotation, I'm so sorry you have to go through that
They got fultz now they good......

Oh yeah they did just get him. That's gonna be an interesting situation to monitor.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#2003 » by bringbackhoffa » Sat Feb 9, 2019 12:25 am

Just gauging interest as we are up against the deadline anyone interested in brook lopez 115/2

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#2004 » by bringbackhoffa » Sat Feb 9, 2019 12:27 am

It was time to close the chapter on one of my players, it was going to be around one year too long for me to purchase a certain "book" of the shelf next offseason

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,576

Post#2005 » by El Poochio » Sat Feb 9, 2019 12:28 am

bringbackhoffa wrote:Just gauging interest as we are up against the deadline anyone interested in brook lopez 115/2

Lol

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
RealGM
And1: 39,071

Post#2006 » by 2010 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 12:45 am

SOUL wrote:
HEZI wrote:
SOUL wrote:idk how it works for sim life but Bamba definitely hasn't been a bust for the Magic (as a fan). Definitely has looked lost at times but in limited minutes after a rocky start, put together some decent games. Just needs to come back and get stronger and he'll be fine. Showed good touch, can block any shot, needs to get stronger for more rebounds though.. ya'll quick to call any player a bust lol. Definitely isn't coming out of the gates as strong as JJJ and some others though..

Not just his strength but he's very slow

My nickname for him when he was in Texas was Slow Bamba. I don't get what's so intriguing about him besides the length. He's not very skilled and he lacks mobility. Personally I'd much rather have Mitchell Robinson.

Bamba can become a decent player but I just dont see anything special there, he's basically like the Center version of Jonathan Isaac. Your guys draft the last couple years was very meh .

He's not slow at all...

Spoiler:

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#2007 » by bringbackhoffa » Sat Feb 9, 2019 12:58 am

The west has a new leader

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#2008 » by bringbackhoffa » Sat Feb 9, 2019 12:58 am

The east has a new contender for zion

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,289

Post#2009 » by NewEra » Sat Feb 9, 2019 2:09 am

Always willing to listen to offers, but if nothing happens between now and the deadline I’m confident going to war with my squad.
BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
And1: 13,570

Post#2010 » by bishnykfan » Sat Feb 9, 2019 2:32 am

NewEra wrote:Always willing to listen to offers, but if nothing happens between now and the deadline I’m confident going to war with my squad.

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1803682
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins

Return to New York Knicks