ImageImageImageImageImage

Magic among many teams interested in Frank

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,917

Re: Magic among many teams interested in Frank 

Post#901 » by F N 11 » Thu Dec 6, 2018 8:46 pm

And here we go...

Frank getting demoted Bc he soft and don’t make ally and was drafted by Phil.

Mudiay and Hardaway can just not play defense the entire game and not be punished. It’s bullchit
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#902 » by NYKAL » Thu Dec 6, 2018 8:48 pm

K P 6 wrote:And here we go...

Mudiay and Hardaway can just not play defense the entire game and not be punished. It’s bullchit

you left the other non defending guards out. Tray and Trier and Mudiays defense IS better than either of them.
SmoothLefty21
Starter
And1: 2,410

Post#903 » by SmoothLefty21 » Thu Dec 6, 2018 8:49 pm

I mentioned in the PG thread that Trier as our backup PG has to stop and it has nothing to do with Frank. Putting Trier in a bad position like that is compromising his ability to do what he does best which is score the ball. You're basically putting Trier out there for empty minutes if he's at the point. Same thing Frank is giving us but Trier actually gives us some positive things when he's not running the point, unlike Frank.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,806

Post#904 » by cgf » Thu Dec 6, 2018 8:51 pm

Newyorknick94 wrote:
cgf wrote:
Newyorknick94 wrote:We don’t have time to wait for him to develop we’re trying to win right now

lol sure

Lol green font

My B, I used to give people the benefit of the doubt about that. Starting to post here again has changed that lol. I’m glad the Knicks are the only team I share with some of the folks on here, they wouldn’t have survived being an avs fan in 2016-2017...when we followed a historically terrible season up by getting bumped down to 4th in the lottery :laugh:
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,806

Post#905 » by cgf » Thu Dec 6, 2018 8:57 pm

SmoothLefty21 wrote:I mentioned in the PG thread that Trier as our backup PG has to stop and it has nothing to do with Frank. Putting Trier in a bad position like that is compromising his ability to do what he does best which is score the ball. You're basically putting Trier out there for empty minutes if he's at the point. Same thing Frank is giving us but Trier actually gives us some positive things when he's not running the point, unlike Frank.

That's not how development works. Zo's shown that his polished iso game works in the NBA, now we need to see if his PG-potential can be developed to turn him into a sweet-Lou-like backup PG, or if he's a scorer only. Yes he might struggle with it initially and nothing may come of it in the long run, but you need to try to develop players in every way that you can until you find out what can be added to their skillset & what they'll never be able to do. I'd let Zo keep that spot for another game or two before shuffling Frank back into the rotation if I were Fiz.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,202

Post#906 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Dec 6, 2018 8:57 pm

whocares1 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:If anything, now is the time when Frank should be getting time off the bench. Maybe he will get a few more touches and a chance to run some plays with Burke out. There isn't even a pg in the rotation off the bench.

Whether we want to keep him or trade him, seems like it would be in our best interest

Trier right now is the acting backup point guard. You have to understand that Fiz wants to play with pace. I remember Breen commented how Fiz was urging Frank to pick up the pace in one game, and he must’ve been demonstrative enough for Breen to take note of it and make that comment. Frank at the 1 is very mechanical. It’s dribble the ball slowly up the court and run a half court play.

Fiz wants a guy that’s going to start a fastbreak and look for an opening before pulling back and setting up a play. Frank isn’t like that with the ball.

Our pace is higher with Frank then with Trier, Burke, or Timmy. It is surprising, but Frank does move the ball much better then those guys so it makes some sense.

https://stats.nba.com/players/advanced/?sort=PACE&dir=-1&Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&TeamID=1610612752

But it was not to take anything away from Trier or compare them. I was thinking they both could play together and complement each other in the backcourt. When on the court together, Trier and Frank have a pace of about 104 together which is pretty good. Only 5 teams play with a higher pace then that. Trier can still get out and run. Frank can settle things down and keep the ball moving.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,693

Post#907 » by Knicksfan1992 » Thu Dec 6, 2018 9:30 pm

Not that RPM is the end all be all but Mudiay's defensive RPM is higher than Frank's :dontknow:

Mudiay's defense is probably why he's kept his spot over Frank.
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#908 » by bringinhinkie » Thu Dec 6, 2018 9:35 pm

don't trade frank!!

this would be a huge mistake.. this kid is going to develop

keeping guys like mudiay/burke over him is asinine
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,228

Post#909 » by DOT » Thu Dec 6, 2018 9:36 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:

Not that RPM is the end all be all but Mudiay's defensive RPM is higher than Frank's :dontknow:

I'd say its his all around game

His defense isn't terrible any more, and he's been able to finish at the rim and shoot, that combined with him being a good passer and the best athlete at PG is why he's starting

I got no problem with it if we're seriously trying to develop and keep him, he is only 22, but it don't make much sense if we're gonna let him walk in the summer, which we probably have to due to his cap hold

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,407

Post#910 » by KnicksGod » Thu Dec 6, 2018 9:36 pm

That "yet" from Fizdale does seem possibly revealing.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,917

Post#911 » by F N 11 » Thu Dec 6, 2018 9:43 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

His defense isn't terrible any more, and he's been able to finish at the rim and shoot, that combined with him being a good passer and the best athlete at PG is why he's starting

I got no problem with it if we're seriously trying to develop and keep him, he is only 22, but it don't make much sense if we're gonna let him walk in the summer, which we probably have to due to his cap hold

Mudiay attacks all the time thats hwy he is in. Frank just needs to play ball and stop dribbling on perimeter. Its just bad we cant play him at all. It shows we only care about offense. Getting killed by Wizards and no Burke and we couldn't even use him to get stops. Its whatever i guess.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#912 » by NYKAL » Thu Dec 6, 2018 9:57 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

guys, he's due a 5mil qualifying offer....you guys are using the cap hold wrong.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,228

Post#913 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Dec 6, 2018 10:08 pm

HEZI wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
HEZI wrote:
No it was a great decision to dump Willy and open up a roster spot/playing time for another big man prospect who turned out to be Mitchell Robinson. One of the best decisions we've made in recent years actually

They could have done the same by dumping Kanter.

Trading WHG had nothing to do with Mitch.

Or trade Willy and get two future 2nds draft Mitch and keep Kanters expiring contract.

Or dump Luke Kornet and keep WHG
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,202

Post#914 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Dec 6, 2018 10:10 pm

NYKAL wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

guys, he's due a 5mil qualifying offer....you guys are using the cap hold wrong.

Mudiay's cap hold is 300% of his previous salary so it's $12.88mil
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,647

Post#915 » by prophet_of_rage » Thu Dec 6, 2018 10:49 pm

Greenie wrote:
HEZI wrote:
K-DOT wrote:There's nothing to admit we were wrong about though

We all said he'd be a project, and, shock, he's a project. If he becomes Dragan Bender, we'll have been wrong, but y'all are the ones judging a project as a finished player not even halfway through his 2nd year

And I'm not spinning anything. You yourself admitted you would rather trade him for literally nothing right now than even try and hold on to him and raise his trade value

Have a good rest of your day

Hold up

Did you just judge a 21 year old not even halfway through his 3rd year?

Oh the irony

See this is what I mean, we look at out own through a special kind of lens than we look at other prospects around the league. According to you Dragan Bender is a scrub despite being only 21 and not even halfway into his 3rd year

I'm done here. Good day

This same board was calling DSJR a bust...LAST YEAR
These facts don't help.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
BowlRips
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,836

Post#916 » by BowlRips » Thu Dec 6, 2018 10:57 pm

As to Dennis Smith.
On BS Pod when they spoke about potential of Frank, next thing brought up was DSJ
Simmons said that Dallas knows that Doncic and Smith are a bad fit and they know that DSJ might not be a winning player. They just like him right now cause hes a good character but expect them to move him soon.
Grass aint always greener.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,372

Post#917 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Dec 6, 2018 11:05 pm

BowlRips wrote:As to Dennis Smith.
On BS Pod when they spoke about potential of Frank, next thing brought up was DSJ
Simmons said that Dallas knows that Doncic and Smith are a bad fit and they know that DSJ might not be a winning player. They just like him right now cause hes a good character but expect them to move him soon.

i wish that was true so they can trade him over here. too bad he's out there helping the mavs win games. he's actually rounding out his game pretty well too.
Read on Twitter

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#918 » by DOT » Thu Dec 6, 2018 11:05 pm

Frank for DSJ who says no

BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,921

Post#919 » by Capn'O » Thu Dec 6, 2018 11:13 pm

K-DOT wrote:

Door number 3?

We don't really need a microwave guard type player. We have two. Teens projected pick though in a 3 team deal? I'd have to consider.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#920 » by DOT » Thu Dec 6, 2018 11:16 pm

Capn'O wrote:
K-DOT wrote:

Door number 3?

We don't really need a microwave guard type player. We have two. Teens projected pick though in a 3 team deal? I'd have to consider.
They also take Tim for Wesley Matthews?

BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Return to New York Knicks