ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Cavs-bucks trade

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Re: OT: Cavs-bucks trade 

Post#61 » by GEOLINK » Sat Dec 8, 2018 12:08 pm

Kemba is a great guy but I don't put my stock into an undersized PG.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,820

Post#62 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Dec 8, 2018 1:02 pm

We should have dealt Lee last year.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,820

Post#63 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Dec 8, 2018 1:04 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
blanko wrote:With the Washington situation still up in the air. The trade market for wings wont start until beal is either dealt or the wiz take him off the market.

I will say this though..

Utah should have traded for timmy. I would have taken theie korver package to take timmy off our books. Assuming we have a wink wink with Durant .

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk

Read on Twitter

That softie isn't coming here.

Stop bringing up SAS here please. This place is better than that.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#64 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Dec 8, 2018 7:36 pm

The Knicks might have the next Lebron James BUT they'll get nothing for him because the Knicks have no rapport with any of the teams in the league. In order to get a good deal, you have to have others working at other franchises. Knicks have none of that.

I thought the Knicks hired Scott Perry, gave him NO CAP space, thinking he'd use his influence in Detroit and Sacramento to take garbage off the Knicks' hands...Nope. I thought, Perry would find a way to swap first round picks so the Knicks could move up and get Doncic...NOPE.

Scott Perry is a big ZERO.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#65 » by NoLayupRule » Sat Dec 8, 2018 7:59 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:1) This was a salary dump for MKE. That's why they had to give up the picks.
2) Hill actually might help MKE.
3) Cavs weren't going to use their space anyway without overpaying someone because it's Cleveland.

In summation, this trade was a 19 million dollar (ish) trade for a late first round pick. Unless the Knicks were taking on LONG TERM SALARY, they were not going to get any deal like this. Also, Lee's deal is nowhere near as good as Hill's deal is - he was 1 million guaranteed next year.

Ahhh reality

How refreshing
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#66 » by magnumt » Sat Dec 8, 2018 10:28 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:1) This was a salary dump for MKE. That's why they had to give up the picks.
3) Cavs weren't going to use their space anyway without overpaying someone because it's Cleveland.

In summation, this trade was a 19 million dollar (ish) trade for a late first round pick. Unless the Knicks were taking on LONG TERM SALARY, they were not going to get any deal like this. Also, Lee's deal is nowhere near as good as Hill's deal is - he was 1 million guaranteed next year.

Ahhh reality

How refreshing

Agreed. But just to clarify, Thomas has the $1 Million only guaranteed deal not CLee. He's fully guaranteed IIRC. Otherwise, great post KT!

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#67 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sat Dec 8, 2018 10:32 pm

magnumt wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:

Ahhh reality

How refreshing

Agreed. But just to clarify, Thomas has the $1 Million only guaranteed deal not CLee. He's fully guaranteed IIRC. Otherwise, great post KT!

--Mags :beer:

Hill’s contract has 1 million guaranteed - that’s what I was referring to.

Return to New York Knicks