ImageImageImageImageImage

PG Thread: Don't be a Frankophobe anymore Fiz, but keep the tank rollin'

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

blackbishop
Rookie
And1: 85

Re: PG Thread: Don't be a Frankophobe anymore Fiz, but keep the tank rollin' 

Post#261 » by blackbishop » Sun Dec 9, 2018 5:29 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
Cookies4Life wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
Sometimes sitting is helpful to "resetting" a young players mind.

I can appreciate that perspective. I also can appreciate the idea that young guys like him are going to be inconsistent and it's almost always beneficial for them to try to play through their inconsistencies rather than keeping them on such a short leash.

If guys like Hardaway Jr can get consistent minutes on this team, than so should Frank. He has a much more positive impact than our leading scorer.

Disagree on the framing that Frank had a short leash.

Hardaway Jr like it or not is the best scorer on the team.

it may not necessarily be a short leash, but fizdale rhetoric and what he actually does is messed up.

He talks about defense and wanting a defensive culture but his rotations and playing times are based on how well you are putting the ball in the basket. Defense be damned.

It is the reason players like burke and hardaway get so many minutes. Reason Frank will struggle to stay on the floor. His pass first mentality fails if other players arent putting the ball in the hoop. It also fails because if he isnt initiating the offense he is sitting in the corner where I have rarely seen a pass go.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,211

Post#262 » by Kampuchea » Sun Dec 9, 2018 5:39 pm

I want us to be developing our guys that we think we will have next season. These are the ones who should get the most minutes:

Frank - still our best passer even if his shot is rough, positive defender. More minutes, please
Knox - looking much better lately, good energy
Vonleh (Hope we can bring him back cheap, if not see ya) - The 3 ball is a nice surprise
Mitch - Is very raw but already a plus out there
Trier - Future 6 man scoring demon

THJ - He is too erratic, shot selection is very bad when he seems able to get to the rim not sure why he doesn't more often. Don't mind him and we won't be able to move him anyway, if an offer came we should definitely look at it

- Dot - best all-around player. 3,D and rebound. The whole rape thing though
-Mudiay - is to be renounced so we won't be bringing him back.
-Kanter - Lack of defense seals it, plus we won't pay him
-Burke - like him as a scoring guard, but we have Trier in that role
-Lee - keep him if 10 years younger, now he needs to be shipped off
- Baker - I am OK keeping him as a 12 man, his effort wins me over but I know he is nothing more than bench fodder
- Lance - Same like Baker, just never play him in a meaningful game
-Mario - you can see the skill, I never think it will materialize. Seems like a headcase, enjoy playing overseas.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,499

Post#263 » by Fat Kat » Sun Dec 9, 2018 5:40 pm

When is Trey Burke returning?
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Kampuchea
RealGM

Post#264 » by Kampuchea » Sun Dec 9, 2018 5:57 pm

Fat Kat wrote:When is Trey Burke returning?

Never, we hope.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,499

Post#265 » by Fat Kat » Sun Dec 9, 2018 6:01 pm

Kampuchea wrote:

Never, we hope.

That’s not very nice
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Kampuchea
RealGM

Post#266 » by Kampuchea » Sun Dec 9, 2018 6:05 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:

Never, we hope.

That’s not very nice

He isn't that bad as a bench scoring guard, we have too many of those as it is.

I actually like him as a player.
FemaleDogPlease
Veteran
And1: 1,473

Post#267 » by FemaleDogPlease » Sun Dec 9, 2018 6:08 pm

blackbishop wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
Cookies4Life wrote:
I can appreciate that perspective. I also can appreciate the idea that young guys like him are going to be inconsistent and it's almost always beneficial for them to try to play through their inconsistencies rather than keeping them on such a short leash.

If guys like Hardaway Jr can get consistent minutes on this team, than so should Frank. He has a much more positive impact than our leading scorer.

Disagree on the framing that Frank had a short leash.

Hardaway Jr like it or not is the best scorer on the team.

it may not necessarily be a short leash, but fizdale rhetoric and what he actually does is messed up.

He talks about defense and wanting a defensive culture but his rotations and playing times are based on how well you are putting the ball in the basket. Defense be damned.

It is the reason players like burke and hardaway get so many minutes. Reason Frank will struggle to stay on the floor. His pass first mentality fails if other players arent putting the ball in the hoop. It also fails because if he isnt initiating the offense he is sitting in the corner where I have rarely seen a pass go.

All signs point to NYC using their cap space this summer to bring in a free agent. So I would say a guy like Burke would be more inclined to accept a minimum deal.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,918

Post#268 » by F N 11 » Sun Dec 9, 2018 6:11 pm

Need to see

Frank
Trier
Dotson
Knox
Mitch

Again... no other point guards should be playing with these guys but Frank. He knows how to play the right way.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#269 » by F N 11 » Sun Dec 9, 2018 6:13 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Clyde Frazier wrote:Mitch remains a freak. Can breathe a sigh of relief with frank back. Fun fake comeback going to the kids too late. Now give frank 20+ min tomorrow.

I did not get to see the game. What was Mitch doing?

A demon on pick and roll defense and hands up at the rim without fouling. Slowly but surely. The layup line was over once he was in with Frank. Nets 18 points in the 4th. Lowest of the game. If you have DVR I say it’s worth a look. Late third to 4th was only kids.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#270 » by F N 11 » Sun Dec 9, 2018 6:17 pm

god shammgod wrote:i quit at halftime. the kids played in the 4th ? now i gotta go back and watch. anything in the 3rd worth watching ?

Very late 3rd and entire 4th is like watching what are supposed to be watching. Do it.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#271 » by F N 11 » Sun Dec 9, 2018 6:22 pm

Juco24 wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is interesting..

Aaaahhh this may explain why KP was the first to greet Frank after the first timeout when he was in the game. KP literally sprinted towards him in joy

KP been on the side of this kid. Passing to him in clutch moments and trusting him on defense. kP/Mitch Kp/Frank is a dynamic combo defedensively and he looks for them on alleys etc. just Bc the kid missed a few shots we threw that starting lineup in favor of sulking vets. It’s time for another 5 games of this lineup.

The starters simply don’t give a fuq and the numbers don’t lie. Giving up like 130 ppg in a stretch lol.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#272 » by F N 11 » Sun Dec 9, 2018 6:25 pm

Tim Hardaway needs a few games off but he won’t get DNP’s Bc this franchise will always be this franchise. Never no damn accountability. Only picking on guys who don’t make much money. Leme guess that tactic won’t work for Hardaway ? It did in Atlanta...
F N 11
RealGM

Post#273 » by F N 11 » Sun Dec 9, 2018 6:27 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:I liked that Frank showed emotion in this game. He played with a little bit of a chip on his shoulder. Was aggressive, but stil played looking to setup his teammates first.

Heard him yelling, point Ming fingers, and setting up the offense. Dude looked in control. However he was like the vet with that unit lol. He took control. Good to see. Step in the right direction.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#274 » by F N 11 » Sun Dec 9, 2018 6:37 pm

Kristaps6_NYK wrote:You guys have no clue don’t you? Fiz played the entire thing smart taking Frank out of the rotation. Frank was playing like complete dick, so he made him sit so he can get motivating saying if I don’t get my **** straight ima be in Europe in 2 years. It was more of a time out so once he gets back he’ll realize there’s no time to be playing like a bitch boy. Does it really take a mad scientist to understand this?

Do it for Tim then. Until then I don’t see this as a Legit tactic. He know exactly who he can do that to.

We need Hardaway as a “threat” excuse incoming.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#275 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Dec 9, 2018 6:52 pm

Cant see Tim racking up dnp's for being in a slump, but his minutes should be cut down some. He certainly didn't play his normal minutes last night.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
nytonm
Pro Prospect
And1: 304

Post#276 » by nytonm » Sun Dec 9, 2018 7:24 pm

Tim is our first option guy. They get treated differently. Also Tim doesn't have any aggression or confidence issues, completely different situations.
NYKHardKnock
Head Coach
And1: 4,950

Post#277 » by NYKHardKnock » Sun Dec 9, 2018 8:02 pm

K P 6 wrote:
Kristaps6_NYK wrote:You guys have no clue don’t you? Fiz played the entire thing smart taking Frank out of the rotation. Frank was playing like complete dick, so he made him sit so he can get motivating saying if I don’t get my **** straight ima be in Europe in 2 years. It was more of a time out so once he gets back he’ll realize there’s no time to be playing like a bitch boy. Does it really take a mad scientist to understand this?

Do it for Tim then. Until then I don’t see this as a Legit tactic. He know exactly who he can do that to.

We need Hardaway as a “threat” excuse incoming.
because frank has to prove himself.. Tim is in his what 6th year if I’m guessing correctly? Frank needed a few games to get him going
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Post#278 » by GEOLINK » Sun Dec 9, 2018 8:03 pm

K P 6 wrote:Tim Hardaway needs a few games off but he won’t get DNP’s Bc this franchise will always be this franchise. Never no damn accountability. Only picking on guys who don’t make much money. Leme guess that tactic won’t work for Hardaway ? It did in Atlanta...

It's weird they give Tim no days off when he had a list full of leg injuries last season.

Don't know when those will creep back up.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,564

Post#279 » by mpharris36 » Sun Dec 9, 2018 8:06 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:Cant see Tim racking up dnp's for being in a slump, but his minutes should be cut down some. He certainly didn't play his normal minutes last night.

I'm not one to defend Timmy but fiz has been running him into the ground recently. With the overtime games and fiz trying to eek out wins he was playing nearly 40 a night. Way way way too much
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,636

Post#280 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Dec 9, 2018 8:14 pm

reub wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Strick wrote:Best defensive quarter by a wide margin and 2nd best offensive quarter. We need that lineup played nightly. They defend together pretty dang well for their ages and the offense is more fluid. The ball rarely sticks

I've literally begged Fizdale (via direct communication) to play that squad together as "the second unit" and just keep them together no matter what the score is. Let them figure it out as a unit because, with KP, it's our future.

Via telepathy or Twitter?

I tweeted that bitch.
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks