ImageImageImageImageImage

PG Thread: Don't be a Frankophobe anymore Fiz, but keep the tank rollin'

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,495

Re: PG Thread: Don't be a Frankophobe anymore Fiz, but keep the tank rollin' 

Post#301 » by KnicksGod » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:20 am

I've tried to think good thoughts but I'm coming to the grim reality that JR Smith was probably better than Timmy.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,653

Post#302 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:31 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Ray Williams wrote:
Pathetic

He's trying to maintain he's being unbiased. It's pretty clear 2010 doesn't like Frank - that's fine, but he'll cherry pick to provoke -which actually, I don't mind, but don't pretend.

Anyway, I've always maintained I'm not a huge fan of THJr - even after he's improved this year, which he clearly has.

I've also always maintained that Frank could indeed, when it's all said and done, suck. My point has always been it's just too early. Yes, eventually "it's not early anymore" but that's got to be at least the end of this year away. And given his age, just like with Knox, both guys are "probably somewhere in year 3" guys. Scarily enough, it may be year 4.

In effect, teams are drafting HS guys with a year of seasoning and their college development takes place in the pros. Obviously some guys are more ready to contribute based on talent level. Hey, even THJr - he did 3 years of college, still needed several NBA seasons to really round out. Really starts to put it together (with the right coach) in year 4. Still improves in year 5, takes another step in year 6.

Interesting.

Yeah, that's it basically.

Guys who are down on Frank think they are now being persecuted and it is a gang mentality when it is nothing like that. It is simple. Many of us don't see how you can write the epitaph on a 20 year old who already has advanced skills in one area of the game.

Therefore, if there is a divide, I think it is between people who believe you need to give Frank more time (whether they think he'll be great or not is not the point) vs. people who are so in love with their own opinions they want to close the book on Frank now because they are certain they know he will amount to nothing in the future.

The only arrogance I see here regarding Frank is from those who get offended that not everyone agrees with their writing on Frank's tombstone. I think everyone else who supports giving him more time have been quite honest that his offensive game and aggression at the point needs plenty of improvement. The only black and white scenarios are coming from those who desire to portray the situation that way.
None of this true. See my thread on Mitchell Robinson to see what people are talking about.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#303 » by dakomish23 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:25 am

KnicksGod wrote:I've tried to think good thoughts but I'm coming to the grim reality that JR Smith was probably better than Timmy.

Def more bang for the buck
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit

Return to New York Knicks