ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: so r kelly huh?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,734

Re: OT: so r kelly huh? 

Post#61 » by JBreezeNY » Sat Jan 5, 2019 7:23 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:
JBreezeNY wrote:
blueNorange wrote:1. hating pedophiles isn't a new fad, it's been around forever

2. that's no excuse, in fact it makes you also a terrible human being but hey it is what it is i guess :dontknow:

Cool.

Stop rooting for the Knicks since we signed such a horrible human being in Dotson as well.

That is a false equivocation since nobody said don't listen to Kellys label or even jazz but I'm sure pro teams do lose many fans if they sign bad people.

Would you listen to R Kelly's music if he abused your daughter or your sister?

I don’t deal in what if’s & if I already called him a terrible human and said I’m still bumping his music, what is creating hypothetical scenarios going to change?
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,654

Post#62 » by prophet_of_rage » Sat Jan 5, 2019 7:30 pm

Phish Tank wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:
Dotson did have to pay for his trangressions with his draft stock and getting kicked out of Oregon.

Now I'd say the main difference is that he did attempt to fix his issues by going to anger management and speaking to kids about violence and other things.

R. Kelly never admitted to anything and never went to fix his own issues.
But R. Kelly was never found guilty of anything, either.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Yeah and as we're learning, there was a lot of drama behind scenes involving the family of that young girl.

If this case happened now, he'd be found guilty.
But he wasn't. I know what I believe about R. Kelly, but if a man is found not guilty you got to leave him alone.

prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#63 » by prophet_of_rage » Sat Jan 5, 2019 7:30 pm

Phish Tank wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:
Then we can say a lot of athletes suffered nothing. Wanna extend it to NFL players? Lance Stephenson? JR Smith? Why didn't Oregon's head coach suffer anything? Didn't he try to cover up the whole accusation?

He might be in the NBA, but he lost 1st round $. His earning potential will never be what it could have been. He had to go through anger management, counseling for a few years.

Look the case was strange to me. How do you get kicked off campus due to Title IX violations yet can't prosecute any of those three players for sexual assault? If the case was prosecuted or if he could have actually been tried in court, there'd be no way Dot's in the NBA right now. It's just that the charges were dropped. Now the other two players (Artis & Austin) were previously suspended or accused of something before. I think Austin had a sexual assualt accusation in the past.

Look I'm not condoning what Dot did. But he had to pay a little bit for it. And unlike some of these other fools - like the Harvey Weinsteins and R. Kellys of the world - at least he took some steps to make sure it doesn't happen again. Whereas these predators preyed on multiple victims.

To me, rehabilitation is just as important too.

That's the only reason I don't see it as equal.

Look, i'm not here to judge, I just find the stance rather odd.

that I'm not outraged at Dot? I'm not treating him as a golden child by any means.

Should Knicks fans be outraged at Anthony Mason too?
Supposedly.

prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#64 » by prophet_of_rage » Sat Jan 5, 2019 7:33 pm

Phish Tank wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:
Then we can say a lot of athletes suffered nothing. Wanna extend it to NFL players? Lance Stephenson? JR Smith? Why didn't Oregon's head coach suffer anything? Didn't he try to cover up the whole accusation?

He might be in the NBA, but he lost 1st round $. His earning potential will never be what it could have been. He had to go through anger management, counseling for a few years.

Look the case was strange to me. How do you get kicked off campus due to Title IX violations yet can't prosecute any of those three players for sexual assault? If the case was prosecuted or if he could have actually been tried in court, there'd be no way Dot's in the NBA right now. It's just that the charges were dropped. Now the other two players (Artis & Austin) were previously suspended or accused of something before. I think Austin had a sexual assualt accusation in the past.

Look I'm not condoning what Dot did. But he had to pay a little bit for it. And unlike some of these other fools - like the Harvey Weinsteins and R. Kellys of the world - at least he took some steps to make sure it doesn't happen again. Whereas these predators preyed on multiple victims.

To me, rehabilitation is just as important too.

That's the only reason I don't see it as equal.

Look, i'm not here to judge, I just find the stance rather odd.

that I'm not outraged at Dot? I'm not treating him as a golden child by any means.

And Sprewell. Ewing might be an interesting test case on what the line is.

Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Post#65 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Jan 5, 2019 7:34 pm

JBreezeNY wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:
JBreezeNY wrote:Cool.

Stop rooting for the Knicks since we signed such a horrible human being in Dotson as well.

That is a false equivocation since nobody said don't listen to Kellys label or even jazz but I'm sure pro teams do lose many fans if they sign bad people.

I don’t deal in what if’s & if I already called him a terrible human and said I’m still bumping his music, what is creating hypothetical scenarios going to change?

Sad to say that is the worst part. You realize that he is a serial pedophile on one hand but then say you still will be supporting him by listening to his music. The hope was the what if scenario might have opened your eyes. Think geez if that was my daughter I would be pissed that people still support this pedophiles music.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
JBreezeNY
RealGM

Post#66 » by JBreezeNY » Sat Jan 5, 2019 7:36 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
JBreezeNY wrote:I just want to know if we not bumping Marvin Gaye anymore either?

He got his wife’s 15 year old niece pregnant or is it selective outrage like Rhodey said earlier?

Or what about David Bowie taking a 15 year old’s virginity and having her 15 year old friend join?

We not bumping his music either?

Once again, fake outrage, goes back to listening to Ziggy Stardust & R.

These acts are literally everywhere. A person would have to go live in a cave and eat grass and berries to avoid 'supporting" such things.

But thats not to say it should be condoned. it shouldnt, but directly or indirectly we all have supported known wrongdoing.

Exactly :clap:
JBreezeNY
RealGM

Post#67 » by JBreezeNY » Sat Jan 5, 2019 7:37 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:
JBreezeNY wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:

Sad to say that is the worst part. You realize that he is a serial pedophile on one hand but then say you still will be supporting him by listening to his music. The hope was the what if scenario might have opened your eyes. Think geez if that was my daughter I would be pissed that people still support this pedophiles music.

To play your game I guess you’d stop listening to Marvin if he **** your daughter or niece.

I’ll keep bumping my music, you do the same.
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#68 » by kane2021 » Sat Jan 5, 2019 7:38 pm

Maybe we’re victims too. Of our impulses. An addictive desire to be entertained. Even unknowingly. We need to eat right? We need clothes. Surly somewhere down the line, we’re supporting something criminal. Just off our basic needs.

Again. The difference is who’s knowingly making a profit off of it.

So maybe we should stop watching the knicks, like the example given. Ok. Then it shouldn’t stop at the knicks. The nba is guilty too. So is espn and abc. And a host of other outlets distributing and profiting. Because in my eyes, becoming a fan of a different team isn’t ending the support.

Like I said maybe we’re victims. No one is implying that we should give up and die. But why not? Because that’s probably the ONLY way we can have a clean soul. Hell. This is stolen land. And we have to pay to be on it.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,348

Post#69 » by Phish Tank » Sat Jan 5, 2019 7:39 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:Look, i'm not here to judge, I just find the stance rather odd.

And Sprewell. Ewing might be an interesting test case on what the line is.

Right. I mean Mase agreed a plea deal in a sexual abuse case. Basically turned out to be a misdemeanor.

https://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/ex-knick-mason-plea-deal-article-1.788245

The Gold Club trials were interesting. IDK if I'm go that far in saying visiting the strip club is a crime but rather morally wrong. Granted Ewing was in the middle of a divorce at the time...
Phish Tank
RealGM

Post#70 » by Phish Tank » Sat Jan 5, 2019 7:43 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:Look, i'm not here to judge, I just find the stance rather odd.

that I'm not outraged at Dot?

Odd stance that a person admitted to wrongdoing is basically forgiven yet another that wasn't convicted either nor admitted anything is guilty because of allegations that were never proven and still isn't even now.

fair point but the R. Kelly trial was a weird trial. Lack of cooperation from an alleged witness because her father was part of Kelly's entourage. It was a public trial too and there was a lot of public support for Kellz in Chicago. Lot of coverups

If Gloria Allred represented any of the victims' families or if the case happened now, we'd have a different result.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#71 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Jan 5, 2019 7:49 pm

Phish Tank wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:
that I'm not outraged at Dot?

Odd stance that a person admitted to wrongdoing is basically forgiven yet another that wasn't convicted either nor admitted anything is guilty because of allegations that were never proven and still isn't even now.

fair point but the R. Kelly trial was a weird trial. Lack of cooperation from an alleged witness because her father was part of Kelly's entourage. It was a public trial too and there was a lot of public support for Kellz in Chicago. Lot of coverups

If Gloria Allred represented any of the victims' families or if the case happened now, we'd have a different result.

No different than a whole state and entire nba world looking the other way to Karl Malone.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Post#72 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Jan 5, 2019 7:50 pm

My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
Phish Tank
RealGM

Post#73 » by Phish Tank » Sat Jan 5, 2019 7:54 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:Odd stance that a person admitted to wrongdoing is basically forgiven yet another that wasn't convicted either nor admitted anything is guilty because of allegations that were never proven and still isn't even now.

No different than a whole state and entire nba world looking the other way to Karl Malone.

you're right
Galou
Pro Prospect
And1: 643

Post#74 » by Galou » Sat Jan 5, 2019 8:06 pm

Look at this..... One of the reasons i say

Nfg

Read on Twitter
F$+*k the Nets.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#75 » by prophet_of_rage » Sat Jan 5, 2019 8:09 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:Odd stance that a person admitted to wrongdoing is basically forgiven yet another that wasn't convicted either nor admitted anything is guilty because of allegations that were never proven and still isn't even now.

Was that Ford's mom or the football player?

Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#76 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Jan 5, 2019 8:14 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:

Was that Ford's mom or the football player?

Malone was in college when he got a 12 year old pregnant. No one had any issues to this, not even the DA's. The child grew up and got drafted by the Buffalo Bills. This is the short version.

Galou
Pro Prospect

Post#77 » by Galou » Sat Jan 5, 2019 8:41 pm

Look at this. Scumbag sales went up which proves that no ***ks were given

http://thesource.com/2019/01/05/r-kelly-spotify-documentary/

R. Kelly is caught up in controversy ever since the premiere of part one of the Surviving R. Kelly docuseries that highlights sexual abuse allegations against him. But that hasn’t stopped people from listening to his music.

The Blast confirms that the singer’s Spotify streams surged by 16 percent since the series aired on Thursday, January 3rd.

This may be ironic because last year the streaming service temporarily pulled his music from their promoted playlists as apart of their hateful content policy. That wasn’t effective and the Pied Piper’s music actually increased before Spotify decided to backtrack.

Kelly’s ex-wife Andrea Kelly, as well as Jerhonda Pace, Kitti Jones, Asante McGee, Lisa Van Allen, singer Sparkle and many more all appear in the six-part documentary. Kelly’s legal team fired back threatening to sue Lifetime claiming the special was “packed with lies.”
F$+*k the Nets.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#78 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Jan 5, 2019 8:45 pm

Galou wrote:Look at this. Scumbag sales went up which proves that no ***ks were given

http://thesource.com/2019/01/05/r-kelly-spotify-documentary/

R. Kelly is caught up in controversy ever since the premiere of part one of the Surviving R. Kelly docuseries that highlights sexual abuse allegations against him. But that hasn’t stopped people from listening to his music.

The Blast confirms that the singer’s Spotify streams surged by 16 percent since the series aired on Thursday, January 3rd.

This may be ironic because last year the streaming service temporarily pulled his music from their promoted playlists as apart of their hateful content policy. That wasn’t effective and the Pied Piper’s music actually increased before Spotify decided to backtrack.

Kelly’s ex-wife Andrea Kelly, as well as Jerhonda Pace, Kitti Jones, Asante McGee, Lisa Van Allen, singer Sparkle and many more all appear in the six-part documentary. Kelly’s legal team fired back threatening to sue Lifetime claiming the special was “packed with lies.”

Lol at Spotify.

Galou
Pro Prospect

Post#79 » by Galou » Sat Jan 5, 2019 8:45 pm

Oh yeah i forgot. Middle finger to Lifetime. My lady be trying to get me to watch that bullcaca channel. Had to check her a few times.
F$+*k the Nets.
cuyankees
Veteran
And1: 1,274

Post#80 » by cuyankees » Sat Jan 5, 2019 8:54 pm

RKelly took over my cigar lounge last year during the Emmy’s. He def had a couple of youngsters in his entourage.

Return to New York Knicks