ImageImageImageImageImage

Fake Oil Fiz

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,811

Re: Fake Oil Fiz 

Post#161 » by spree2kawhi » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:12 pm

cuyankees wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Read on Twitter

"Is there any?"

:lol:

Don't even need advanced stats, eye test works to answer this ?.

Eye-test is super underrated these days. Actually watching games helps.
Cookies4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,411

Post#162 » by Cookies4Life » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:20 pm

I'm not defending Fizdale in any manner but he does run some plays for the team. Whether or not they can be successfully executed is another story.

All the times that Frank does those dump off passes at mid court it's so they can run the ball to the weakside, try to gain a mismatch and usually throw it into the post.

I get this team doesn't shoot enough 3's which is cumbersome given the evolution of the game in today's era, but who do we have that can actually shoot at a respectable clip behind the arc?

I'm really not defending Fizdale at all, his rotations are baffling, his play calling out of timeouts almost always never work and he's obviously learning on the job like our young players are. But he doesn't have the talent on this roster that'll allow him to make this a 3 point heavy shooting team. We also don't have good playmakers on this squad outside of Frank so the lack of offensive creativity is easy to understand. We just don't have good enough players to execute a solid offense for 48 minutes.
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,850

Post#163 » by SelbyCobra » Sat Feb 2, 2019 12:54 am

Thinking about it, Fiz might be the best coach in the NBA to entice the kind of super team longshot that is at least a viable option now.
StayWoke
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#164 » by StayWoke » Tue Feb 5, 2019 3:36 am

I have secrets about Soda Pop...

Until then stay woke
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#165 » by knickstape4ever » Tue Feb 5, 2019 4:04 am

Cookies4Life wrote:I'm not defending Fizdale in any manner but he does run some plays for the team. Whether or not they can be successfully executed is another story.

All the times that Frank does those dump off passes at mid court it's so they can run the ball to the weakside, try to gain a mismatch and usually throw it into the post.

I get this team doesn't shoot enough 3's which is cumbersome given the evolution of the game in today's era, but who do we have that can actually shoot at a respectable clip behind the arc?

I'm really not defending Fizdale at all, his rotations are baffling, his play calling out of timeouts almost always never work and he's obviously learning on the job like our young players are. But he doesn't have the talent on this roster that'll allow him to make this a 3 point heavy shooting team. We also don't have good playmakers on this squad outside of Frank so the lack of offensive creativity is easy to understand. We just don't have good enough players to execute a solid offense for 48 minutes.

now we got DSJ who is far more of a playmaker than Frank. Frank can't break down the defense to make plays for others.
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#166 » by knickstape4ever » Tue Feb 5, 2019 5:29 am

IMO Fiz comes across as a bit fake...but I guess all that matter is if he's the coach that can attract max FA's. Lloyd Pierce is doing a nice job in Atlanta (only 18 wins, but that team is arguably less talented)
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,444

Post#167 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Feb 5, 2019 7:14 am

knickstape4ever wrote:IMO Fiz comes across as a bit fake...but I guess all that matter is if he's the coach that can attract max FA's. Lloyd Pierce is doing a nice job in Atlanta (only 18 wins, but that team is arguably less talented)

It’s whatever King James says is ok. LeBron likes Fiz so I think we’re good.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,444

Post#168 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Feb 5, 2019 7:16 am

knickstape4ever wrote:
Cookies4Life wrote:I'm not defending Fizdale in any manner but he does run some plays for the team. Whether or not they can be successfully executed is another story.

now we got DSJ who is far more of a playmaker than Frank. Frank can't break down the defense to make plays for others.

Not yet he can’t. But he has occasionally.

And Dennis can’t play defense like Frank.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks