ImageImageImageImageImage

Anthony Davis Trade Discussion Thread (Pt. 2)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

BB_Fan
Junior
And1: 52

Re: Anthony Davis Trade Discussion Thread (Pt. 2) 

Post#141 » by BB_Fan » Sun Feb 3, 2019 6:23 am

drekwins wrote:
Stannis wrote:Knicks already tried to trade for AD. So something tells me that these "executive" reports that KD and/or KI wanting NY are bs. If they were true, the obvious thing would be to grab KD + KI in free agency, then trade for AD in the summer to get your big 3.

So.. seriously... what do the Knicks do? Do you push for AD before the deadline? They already tried. Maybe the Pelicans told the Knicks that they don't want KP but want more picks + prospects.

If you trade for AD now and get him, is there a way to add KD and KI?

I broke this down in another thread. Theres no way to trade for AD now and offer 2 more full max contracts to 2 FA's IF one of those FA's is KD. He's a 10+ year vet so he is going to get 35% of the cap. They'd be about 4-5 mill short in cap room. KD and the other max guy would have to take less than the max. If they go for 2 maxes other than KD, there's more wiggle room and they would be able to trade for AD now and still pay 2 max contracts come summer.

Alternatively, if they sign KD and KL or Kyrie, they can then trade for AD in summer. It'll take almost all of the remaining salary left on the roster to make it work but they'd be able to keep (1 out of DSJ, Frank or Knox) and (1 out of Dotson/Mitch). Trier and the 1st Pick are as good as gone in any trade for AD.

I am sure KD will give a discount to manage the Cap Space. KD has three rings (2017,2018,2019). If a super team is formed with AD.KD/Kyrie willl win a championship in 2020 and 2021 and 2022. KD becomes GOAT with six rings and Bron with three. End of conversation.

2 Million is not much for someone who will make more than 500 M in his career (endorsements, business deals )
BB_Fan
Junior
And1: 52

Post#142 » by BB_Fan » Sun Feb 3, 2019 8:47 am

I think Getting AD to the team will make KD more confident to come to knicks. With AD/KD I am sure kyrie or kwahi will come and they will lower their salary to fit the cap. This is an opportunity for KD to equal MJ six rings and NY Media will make him GOAT.

Manning was a great QB but 10 years from now people will only say Tom Brady as GOAT QB.
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Post#143 » by seren » Sun Feb 3, 2019 12:53 pm

So reports suggest Pelicans are preparing a counter offer to Lakers. That means we seen our. Lakers will accept whatever
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,300

Post#144 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Feb 3, 2019 1:06 pm

BB_Fan wrote:
drekwins wrote:
Stannis wrote:Knicks already tried to trade for AD. So something tells me that these "executive" reports that KD and/or KI wanting NY are bs. If they were true, the obvious thing would be to grab KD + KI in free agency, then trade for AD in the summer to get your big 3.

So.. seriously... what do the Knicks do? Do you push for AD before the deadline? They already tried. Maybe the Pelicans told the Knicks that they don't want KP but want more picks + prospects.

If you trade for AD now and get him, is there a way to add KD and KI?

I broke this down in another thread. Theres no way to trade for AD now and offer 2 more full max contracts to 2 FA's IF one of those FA's is KD. He's a 10+ year vet so he is going to get 35% of the cap. They'd be about 4-5 mill short in cap room. KD and the other max guy would have to take less than the max. If they go for 2 maxes other than KD, there's more wiggle room and they would be able to trade for AD now and still pay 2 max contracts come summer.

Alternatively, if they sign KD and KL or Kyrie, they can then trade for AD in summer. It'll take almost all of the remaining salary left on the roster to make it work but they'd be able to keep (1 out of DSJ, Frank or Knox) and (1 out of Dotson/Mitch). Trier and the 1st Pick are as good as gone in any trade for AD.

I am sure KD will give a discount to manage the Cap Space. KD has three rings (2017,2018,2019). If a super team is formed with AD.KD/Kyrie willl win a championship in 2020 and 2021 and 2022. KD becomes GOAT with six rings and Bron with three. End of conversation.

2 Million is not much for someone who will make more than 500 M in his career (endorsements, business deals )

:eek1: KD went ring chasing for his 1st few. LeBron colluded/tampered basically to start the superteam BS to get his first couple. Not the same as MJ. Kobe is closer to MJ than either IMO.
:beer: RIP mags
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,104

Post#145 » by Tron Carter » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:43 pm

https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-report-20190202-story.html

hopefully this gets done and seals kyrie to the knicks
R.I.P Black Mamba
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,820

Post#146 » by spree2kawhi » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:50 pm

I wonder why the Knicks aren't pushing harder here.
Smash3
RealGM
And1: 9,931

Post#147 » by Smash3 » Sun Feb 3, 2019 4:27 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
BB_Fan wrote:
drekwins wrote:

:eek1: KD went ring chasing for his 1st few. LeBron colluded/tampered basically to start the superteam BS to get his first couple. Not the same as MJ. Kobe is closer to MJ than either IMO.

Ring chasing? Damn you're stupid, at what point in time is joining a 73 win team considered ring chasing? There's nothing to chase, you have a 73 win team being joined by at the time the second best player – that's guaranteed rings.
G: James Harden | Kris Dunn
G: Zach LaVine | Reggie Jackson
F: Josh Richardson | Nassir Little
F: Paul George | Otto Porter
C: Jakob Poeltl | Bismack Biyombo
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,977

Post#148 » by Fury » Sun Feb 3, 2019 4:28 pm

Smash3 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
BB_Fan wrote:

Ring chasing? Damn you're stupid, at what point in time is joining a 73 win team considered ring chasing? There's nothing to chase, you have a 73 win team being joined by at the time the second best player – that's guaranteed rings.

...semantics
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,300

Post#149 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Feb 3, 2019 4:31 pm

Smash3 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
BB_Fan wrote:

:eek1: Apparently...you don't know the meaning of the word stupid...yet...your post is a great example of it.

OR

your joking. :lol:
:beer: RIP mags

Return to New York Knicks