ImageImageImageImageImage

Anthony Davis Trade Discussion Thread (Pt. 2)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,916

Re: Anthony Davis Trade Discussion Thread (Pt. 2) 

Post#61 » by SelbyCobra » Fri Feb 1, 2019 5:24 pm

Read on Twitter

Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,857

Post#62 » by Spree2Houston » Fri Feb 1, 2019 5:44 pm

The 2019 pick was always destined to be traded. You can't preach rebuild but at the same time game-plan to attract marquee Free Agent to come play with a bunch of kids. These kids won't be ready for a few years. It made no sense. So the game plan was to get the highest pick possible this year and package that pick to get another star. This was always the game plan
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,442

Post#63 » by KnicksGod » Fri Feb 1, 2019 5:53 pm

I think I know what might be going on with the absence of Besart. If I am right, and I am guessing, he is probably posting from Istanbul.

With Kanter’s dramatic and inspiring kiss of the floor, President Erdogan has indefinitely censored all Knicks news in Turkey.

So word of the big Porzingis trade has not yet reached Besart.
NYKHardKnock
Head Coach
And1: 4,950

Post#64 » by NYKHardKnock » Fri Feb 1, 2019 5:56 pm

KnicksGod wrote:I think I know what might be going on with the absence of Besart. If I am right, and I am guessing, he is probably posting from Istanbul.

With Kanter’s dramatic and inspiring kiss of the floor, President Erdogan has indefinitely censored all Knicks news in Turkey.

So news of the big Porzingis trade has not yet reached Besart.
Besart is really just James Dolan, the Knicks are busy so be doesn’t have the time to be posting.
SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#65 » by SelbyCobra » Fri Feb 1, 2019 7:22 pm

Read on Twitter
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,977

Post#66 » by Fury » Fri Feb 1, 2019 7:23 pm

KnicksGod wrote:I think I know what might be going on with the absence of Besart. If I am right, and I am guessing, he is probably posting from Istanbul.

So word of the big Porzingis trade has not yet reached Besart.

It has. He's working on 128,201 different scenarios with all that cap space.
Apples
Sixth Man
And1: 619

Post#67 » by Apples » Fri Feb 1, 2019 7:39 pm

They could still get Davis and two max?

Dallas picks
Knox
DSj
Dotson
Kanter

Mitch/Don't know
Davis/Kornet
Durant/Mario
Culver/Trier
Irving/Ntlikina
Nyk4lyfe
Sixth Man
And1: 565

Post#68 » by Nyk4lyfe » Fri Feb 1, 2019 7:46 pm

Pr0nzingis wrote:
peZt wrote:'19 Knicks pick (Likely top 5)
Two future Dallas first round picks
Future Knicks first round pick
Kevin Knox
Mitchell Robinson
Frank Ntilikina

for AD. Pelicans say yes or no?

And then pray to god you can entice KD and Kyrie to sign otherwise you've traded your future for a 1 year rental

Were you drunk when you typed this pile of garbage? Why not give the entire franchise while you at it?

That's what it'll take to get AD and then thats what it'll take to get 2 more max FAs to actually come.
Nyk4lyfe
Sixth Man
And1: 565

Post#69 » by Nyk4lyfe » Fri Feb 1, 2019 7:47 pm

Apples wrote:They could still get Davis and two max?

Dallas picks
Knox
DSj
Dotson
Kanter

Mitch/Don't know
Davis/Kornet
Durant/Mario
Culver/Trier
Irving/Ntlikina

Doubt they'd give us AD without our 1st this year
SmoothLefty21
Starter
And1: 2,410

Post#70 » by SmoothLefty21 » Fri Feb 1, 2019 7:58 pm

Any offer to NO starts with our 1st rounder this year. That's why I don't think NO has any interest in dealing with us: they send us AD and it makes their own asset (our '19 first) less valuable as our record improves down the stretch.

We're talking about a Top 5 player in the NBA in AD, he's not going to come cheap.

'19 1st
Dallas '21 1st
Knox
Robinson
Frank
Kanter and Hezonja's expirings

for AD & Hill (who the Pelicans are supposedly set on moving in the deal).

Dennis Smith Jr can't be traded in a package deal to match salaries. Knox is good but I don't think his ceiling is all that high. He can be a good scorer and 3rd or 4th piece to a good team. Who knows what Frank will be. Losing Robinson would suck. I'm not in love with this draft after Zion and there's an 86% chance we aren't landing him. We only give up one of our own 1sts in this situation.

We'd land AD and sign Kyrie and have all our future 1sts plus Dallas's 2023 first. The problem is the cupboard is pretty bare at that point but we'd still have a decent amount of cap space, I believe somewhere around $20m. Trier, Smith Jr, and Dot are the only guys we'd have on the books (not counting Lance's $1m guaranteed or Noah's stretch).

The upside is that AD is five years younger than KD. The downside is he's injury prone and for as supremely talented as he is it hasn't led to team success in today's NBA.
SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#71 » by SelbyCobra » Sat Feb 2, 2019 12:01 am

This thread isn't getting enough love. This feels really possible.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/02/01/report-pelicans-not-interested-in-lakers-offer-for-anthony-davis/

In trying to trade for Anthony Davis, the Lakers’ main assets are: Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart and all their own future first-round picks.

Brian Windhorst of ESPN:

"From what I know, from sources have told me, the Pelicans are not interested. They’re not interested in any of it. They’re not interested in two first-round picks and all four young players. They don’t like the Lakers’ offer."

The Knicks could possibly have the best asset specifically for the Pelicans' situation, and if so this AD thing could really be the first major piece of an insane offseason.

Or the Knicks end up with nothing and tank again next year. :lol:
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#72 » by ChaosHamster » Sat Feb 2, 2019 12:03 am

Anthony Davis Sr just publicly said he has no interest in letting his son Anthony Davis play for the Boston Celtics.

damn

Read on Twitter
/photo/1
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,311

Post#73 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Feb 2, 2019 12:05 am

SelbyCobra wrote:This thread isn't getting enough love. This feels really possible.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/02/01/report-pelicans-not-interested-in-lakers-offer-for-anthony-davis/

In trying to trade for Anthony Davis, the Lakers’ main assets are: Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart and all their own future first-round picks.

Brian Windhorst of ESPN:

"From what I know, from sources have told me, the Pelicans are not interested. They’re not interested in any of it. They’re not interested in two first-round picks and all four young players. They don’t like the Lakers’ offer."

The Knicks could possibly have the best asset specifically for the Pelicans' situation, and if so this AD thing could really be the first major piece of an insane offseason.

Knicks have enough assets to potentially involve another team as well, to tailor the trade a little more to NO's wants.

Still wary of an AD trade post season. I mean, he's obviously exactly the kind of 3rd piece to the assumed KD + Kyrie. Just seems like the Knicks would have to mortgage the rest of their assets to do it, then be capped out for 4 years after, though not such a terrible thing considering a big 3 of KD,AD, Kyrie.
SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#74 » by SelbyCobra » Sat Feb 2, 2019 12:06 am

ChaosHamster wrote:Image

damn

Good, I hope he has influence, because when all that isht went down Celtics fans were supportive of it because, "it's a business, I applaud Danny for choosing to make the best decisions independent of emotion", and everyone else was all, "damn, that's both coldblooded AND f*cked up".
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,311

Post#75 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Feb 2, 2019 12:06 am

Also, I think AD just wants LA and nothing else. Chance to win with LeBron, then be the face of the Lakers after.
NYKHardKnock
Head Coach
And1: 4,950

Post#76 » by NYKHardKnock » Sat Feb 2, 2019 12:15 am

Good news Boston trading for AD would be Kyries reason to stay. I doubt he even considers Boston in his top 5
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,583

Post#77 » by mpharris36 » Sat Feb 2, 2019 12:15 am

AD wanting LA is fine....that still leaves us with Kyrie and KD.....

If BOS ended up trading for AD that could destroy the plan but this officially takes BOS out of the running...they aint trading a ton of assets to a rental.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Apples
Sixth Man
And1: 619

Post#78 » by Apples » Sat Feb 2, 2019 12:16 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:This thread isn't getting enough love. This feels really possible.

Brian Windhorst of ESPN:

Knicks have enough assets to potentially involve another team as well, to tailor the trade a little more to NO's wants.

Still wary of an AD trade post season. I mean, he's obviously exactly the kind of 3rd piece to the assumed KD + Kyrie. Just seems like the Knicks would have to mortgage the rest of their assets to do it, then be capped out for 4 years after, though not such a terrible thing considering a big 3 of KD,AD, Kyrie.

True but I do think the will be able to keep a couple.
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,816

Post#79 » by Adelheid » Sat Feb 2, 2019 12:53 am

Davis daddy-o flatout blasted the celtics for what they did to Isaiah. Really not possible for AD to go there
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#80 » by NoLayupRule » Sat Feb 2, 2019 1:00 am

I think we might have the best offer for Davis if the lakers have offended NO - and they should have - and of Boston isn’t on his list where he would re-up

Hopefully it’s knox, our 2020 pick and dallas’s 2021/2023 picks
Perhaps smith jr

If we can retain our pick this year, get AD and that free agent dream player

I just really hope we could get some additional asset for deandre

I think Houston would take a trade that could net us a super late first to package too

Return to New York Knicks