ImageImageImageImageImage

Anthony Davis Trade Discussion Thread (Pt. 2)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Context
RealGM
And1: 12,273

Re: Anthony Davis Trade Discussion Thread (Pt. 2) 

Post#81 » by Context » Sat Feb 2, 2019 1:26 am

ChaosHamster wrote:
Anthony Davis Sr just publicly said he has no interest in letting his son Anthony Davis play for the Boston Celtics.

damn

Read on Twitter
/photo/1

I love seeing this...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
egelband
Rookie
And1: 374

Post#82 » by egelband » Sat Feb 2, 2019 1:33 am

I want the Knicks to keep their assets and supplement with FA. No need to sell the farm for AD. Great player but too expensive.
I dunno.
Apples
Sixth Man
And1: 619

Post#83 » by Apples » Sat Feb 2, 2019 1:35 am

NoLayupRule wrote:I think we might have the best offer for Davis if the lakers have offended NO - and they should have - and of Boston isn’t on his list where he would re-up

Hopefully it’s knox, our 2020 pick and dallas’s 2021/2023 picks
Perhaps smith jr

If we can retain our pick this year, get AD and that free agent dream player

I just really hope we could get some additional asset for deandre

I think Houston would take a trade that could net us a super late first to package too

Yep. My lineup.

Mitch
Davis
Durant
Culver
Irving
Apples
Sixth Man
And1: 619

Post#84 » by Apples » Sat Feb 2, 2019 1:36 am

egelband wrote:I want the Knicks to keep their assets and supplement with FA. No need to sell the farm for AD. Great player but too expensive.

True. Think I would only do it if I can keep some assets. Both picks and players.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,391

Post#85 » by robillionaire » Sat Feb 2, 2019 1:44 am

Apples wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:I think we might have the best offer for Davis if the lakers have offended NO - and they should have - and of Boston isn’t on his list where he would re-up

Hopefully it’s knox, our 2020 pick and dallas’s 2021/2023 picks
Perhaps smith jr

If we can retain our pick this year, get AD and that free agent dream player

I just really hope we could get some additional asset for deandre

I think Houston would take a trade that could net us a super late first to package too

Yep. My lineup.

Mitch
Davis
Durant
Culver
Irving

if we trade for davis we could only bring one other max player
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#86 » by Greenie » Sat Feb 2, 2019 1:46 am

Pop Ko’d the Celtics
SARGO127
General Manager
And1: 3,077

Post#87 » by SARGO127 » Sat Feb 2, 2019 1:51 am

Knicks drop tp 5th.
Thomas, Frank, Knox, Mitchell Trier, DSJ, Dotson, Mavs 23 1st for AD absorbed into cap space.
Knicks sign Kawhi
Knicks sign Kyrie
*Kawhi's MAX is 6 mil less a year so this should work cap wise.

Knicks draft Culver at 5.

AD
Kawhi
Culver
Irving

Then ~4 mil to spend on a player and minimums.
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,411

Post#88 » by BallSacBounce » Sat Feb 2, 2019 1:53 am

peZt wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:Not sure why people still think we should be players for AD.

He or his camp has clearly said he wants Lakers or nothing.

Not wasting my time on something that’s not gonna happen.

I just can not imagine AD leaving when he has Kyrie and KD as teammates in New York. If he does to play with a 36 year old LeBron then he is **** stupid

The fact he wouldn't have them as teammates right now is why your trade proposal is so psychotically bad, atm.
Sign them first then trade you don't trade first and pray that's flat out crazy. You **** that up and you will have destroyed the team for a decade. Fans will burn MSG to the ground.
3eePointGoal
Bench Warmer
And1: 877

Post#89 » by 3eePointGoal » Sat Feb 2, 2019 2:03 am

Sark wrote:
aq_ua wrote:I am intrigued to see how the league will approach this AD and Rich Paul situation when it comes to collective bargaining (not sure when that is). The power balance has so dramatically shifted to players, and what we have always sort of known to be true is being made abundantly obvious - players prefer warm climates and large markets where they can increase their marketability, and big sports agents are incentivized to help make this all happen. I could see the introduction of limitations on player representation and anti-collusion provisions, enforced through a requirement for league controlled licensing of agents and the ability of the league to revoke licenses if infringed.

This current version of the NBA has become such a revolving door of rosters that it’s hard to get behind the development of any player in a meaningful manner. Even the concept of franchise player no longer holds any meaningful value. It’s either super team or constant rotation of rookie and short term free agent contracts with nothing in between. It’s a matter of time before the broader fan base reacts meaningfully to this reality by either losing interest in the NBA and/or completely fickle interest that only shows up at playoff time and for whatever team happens to be in season. It’s really only a matter of time on this trajectory.

I grew up a hardcore Knicks fan and that part of me
will be very difficult to erase. But, all I have of the Knicks right now is a team name, a logo and a bunch of guys who likely won’t be around in a few years. All of that has meant I haven’t had the heart to get my kids into the Knicks because the NBA has become such a frustrating sport to follow with any kind of passion - and this is without getting into the Knicks specific level of management incompetency hell.

Sorry for the long rant, it’s been building.

They'll fine AD again if they have to, but that's the extent of it.

There's nothing that the NBA can do about players going to other teams. Athletes have the right, guaranteed by the Supreme Court, to become free agents. If anything, the control that teams have for the first 7 or 8 years will be curtailed before taking away the rights of free agency.

If Anthony Davis wants to play in Los Angeles, then he has the right as an American citizen to do so, once his current contract is up. And there's nothing that anyone can do about it.
Problem is these players are not fulfilling their contract length. If NO tells AD they're not trading him, then the phantom injuries will appear. So it's a tricky situation to say the least.

Sent from my SM-G935T using RealGM mobile app
C- Andre Drummond, Jared Sullinger
PF- Zach Randolph, Marquese Chriss
SF- Danilo Gallinari, Jerami Grant
SG- Devin Booker, Arron Afflalo, Randy Foye
PG- Rajon Rondo, Emmanuel Mudiay

pmoney681@gmail.com
Nyk4lyfe
Sixth Man
And1: 565

Post#90 » by Nyk4lyfe » Sat Feb 2, 2019 2:39 am

SmoothLefty21 wrote:Any offer to NO starts with our 1st rounder this year. That's why I don't think NO has any interest in dealing with us: they send us AD and it makes their own asset (our '19 first) less valuable as our record improves down the stretch.

We're talking about a Top 5 player in the NBA in AD, he's not going to come cheap.

'19 1st
Dallas '21 1st
Knox
Robinson
Frank
Kanter and Hezonja's expirings

for AD & Hill (who the Pelicans are supposedly set on moving in the deal).

Dennis Smith Jr can't be traded in a package deal to match salaries. Knox is good but I don't think his ceiling is all that high. He can be a good scorer and 3rd or 4th piece to a good team. Who knows what Frank will be. Losing Robinson would suck. I'm not in love with this draft after Zion and there's an 86% chance we aren't landing him. We only give up one of our own 1sts in this situation.

We'd land AD and sign Kyrie and have all our future 1sts plus Dallas's 2023 first. The problem is the cupboard is pretty bare at that point but we'd still have a decent amount of cap space, I believe somewhere around $20m. Trier, Smith Jr, and Dot are the only guys we'd have on the books (not counting Lance's $1m guaranteed or Noah's stretch).

The upside is that AD is five years younger than KD. The downside is he's injury prone and for as supremely talented as he is it hasn't led to team success in today's NBA.

If we could send Hill away in a 3-way for an expiring and add another asset to do so, I would do it in a heartbeat
Nyk4lyfe
Sixth Man
And1: 565

Post#91 » by Nyk4lyfe » Sat Feb 2, 2019 2:43 am

SARGO127 wrote:Knicks drop tp 5th.
Thomas, Frank, Knox, Mitchell Trier, DSJ, Dotson, Mavs 23 1st for AD absorbed into cap space.
Knicks sign Kawhi
Knicks sign Kyrie
*Kawhi's MAX is 6 mil less a year so this should work cap wise.

Knicks draft Culver at 5.

AD
Kawhi
Culver
Irving

Then ~4 mil to spend on a player and minimums.

They would likely require our 5th pick in any sort of trade.

Also we have MLE and BAE to round out the SL and bench at that point so theres def options
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,916

Post#92 » by SelbyCobra » Sat Feb 2, 2019 5:30 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,181

Post#93 » by Garbagelo » Sat Feb 2, 2019 5:31 am

SelbyCobra wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

complete low ball offers
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#94 » by knickstape4ever » Sat Feb 2, 2019 5:33 am

SelbyCobra wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I can't wait for the Lakers to miss out on another star to join Lebron. Missed out on PG13 and Kawhi, and now maybe AD. I really hope Knicks land the #1 so they can trade Zion for AD. Based on these other that are getting leaked, Zion plus Frank and the Mavs 2021 1st seems better
SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#95 » by SelbyCobra » Sat Feb 2, 2019 5:33 am

I really want an AD deal to happen for the Knicks because that would be the biggest sign possible that it was ON-ON.
SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#96 » by SelbyCobra » Sat Feb 2, 2019 5:43 am

Read on Twitter
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,813

Post#97 » by Adelheid » Sat Feb 2, 2019 5:46 am

SelbyCobra wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

thats a laughable offer
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Post#98 » by GEOLINK » Sat Feb 2, 2019 5:50 am

Rondo and Lance in a trade package for Anthony Davis. :lol:

I really don’t want to screw up this tank and trading core pieces + picks away.

We made our big move of the season, that should be it.

Leave everything else for the summer.
...c.a.p...
Starter
And1: 503

Post#99 » by ...c.a.p... » Sat Feb 2, 2019 5:51 am

Raps fan here.

I honestly think you guys are positioned fairly well. Let me preface what comes next with that I’m not too well brushed up on your salary cap situation other than the cap space created, but here's two ways how I think your offseason goes:

1. Sign KD and Kyrie with your cap space. Win the lottery and trade Zion and Frank Ntkilina with whatever is needed to match salaries or use left over cap space (if any) to acquire Anthony Davis.

2. You guys sign KD and Kyrie. Get pick no. 2 or 3 in the draft. Take RJ or Ja and trade him along with Kevin Knox and salary fillers for Anthony Davis.

I just have a feeling Dell Demps won’t trade AD to the Lakers just out of spite. You guys will (unfortunately for my Raps) possibly reap the benefits.

And hey, if you don’t get AD, Durant and Irving (or Butler, or Klay, but hopefully not Kawhi) aren’t bad consolation prizes in the Anthony Davis sweepstakes.
DerrickRose16 wrote:
Wade is basically Ben Gordon without the 3-point shooting. Sure, he's been a pretty good defender this year, so that would upgrade, but I'd rather have Gordon because he's cheaper and can hit those threes
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,820

Post#100 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Feb 2, 2019 9:46 am

I don't know what you want with Kyrie...

Mitch
AD
Durant
Kawhi
Frank

Return to New York Knicks