ImageImageImageImageImage

KP Trade Discussion Thread (Pt.3)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,251

Re: KP Trade Discussion Thread (Pt.3) 

Post#1421 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Feb 3, 2019 2:53 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:Perry is not playing!!! I hope his eye for talent is as good as his ninja GM moves. So far...Knox/Mitch/Trier look solid. Do we really have a good GM. He's got Dolan on board with all of this. He shut Mills down as soon as he took over. He's not taking shyt from players. He's not making a scene. I'm impressed.

Don't forget he got Mitch with the pick from the Melo trade. That's another feather in his cap.
ImageImageImage
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,027

Post#1422 » by stuporman » Sun Feb 3, 2019 2:53 pm

This thread is a mess.....

Yes, KP is an amazing talent and in a perfect world where he's happy and healthy you would definitely keep him....buuuuuuuuuut he wasn't happy and he rarely stayed healthy for a full season. It's a risk he will stay healthy and his size is a concern that he won't ever. He also is due for his max contract so may financially limit the franchise going forward with his question marks.

So the Knicks trade an unhappy and potentially unhealthy young 'star':
*Got two 1st round picks(one unprotected)
*Got two max cap space immediately by clearing out two thought to be untradeable contracts, one of whom was a huge on the court burden as well.
*Got an all-rookie team second year player that sure is flawed but still developing

I wish he was happy and healthy yet he wasn't..... why wasn't he? Who really knows and maybe the previous regime poisoned the well for good with him and it wasn't going to be healed. Perry did pretty good for the situation in getting everything you could want for a supposed 'star' in multiple picks, a promising young player, clearing epic cap space in a year where superstar FAs are out there and dumping terrible contracts.

Fine, it's so sad KP is gone but please, go be a Mavs fan if you love him so much, alright?
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,288

Post#1423 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Feb 3, 2019 2:54 pm

Or did I just take KP's thing to the next level?

On the one hand, "stay woke" already got appropriated by IG and Twitter morons. On the other, KP should just stay away from using, based on his actions, the way NY'er are, and the cultural resonance of the term. KP probably figures he's such a big global star, such considerations are beneath, well, consideration.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#1424 » by Rasho Brezec » Sun Feb 3, 2019 2:55 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
Says the guy sitting in Europe. Lololol

Yeah, meaning I get to view this from some distance. It's not like he said "I want out of New York because it's loud and smells bad". He posted some passive aggressive tweet with a gif and an emoji because he's a 7'3 child earning more money than he can spend who just had a final fight with his employer. And you somehow managed to interpret that as an insult towards the entire city and the fan base.

See that’s where you missed the point. I’m glad you noticed passive aggressive with him. Since you are the king of that yourself. See in NY we see passive aggressiveness a mile a way and call it out. Which is why people went in on him with that tweet on social media. I don’t even micheal rapport went it until he did that but I could be wrong. You must think people are to dumb to read between the lines and see passive aggressiveness for what it really is.

Do they teach passive aggressiveness in Europe in school, cause y’all sure like to hide behind it.

There was another former Knick who played with Porzingis and had the same passive aggressive manner on social media with bible verses and weird inspirational quotes. Did you give him grief for it at the time?
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,916

Post#1425 » by SelbyCobra » Sun Feb 3, 2019 2:55 pm

j4remi wrote:Question about draft night trade possibilities. If we were to pick a player and then move him and given that we've got two firsts in 2021; would that be a way to possibly offer three consecutive firsts for say AD? Like Knicks pick Barrett, send 2020 and 2021 pick. Since they have the Mavs pick in 2021 and because they technically picked Barrett, would that be a way to circumvent the limitations on trading picks? Just curious...

I posted about this yesterday, and your scenario is correct, but it's better than that because of the doors it opens. The Knicks could trade three draft picks in a row right now if they feel like it - they could send a team 2020, 2021, and 2022 first round picks in a deal tomorrow.

The technicality that makes it possible is that the Mavs 2021 is fully unprotected. If there were any protections at all on the pick - even as improbable as "top-1", then it doesn't qualify as "owning" a pick in that draft year and they'd only get credit for having their own 2021 pick in terms of the Stepien Rule.

What I posted yesterday was that Perry getting the 2021 unprotected was massive not because of the pick itself, but because of the flexibility it allows to do things basically every other team can't in trades. The Mavericks could literally have the best record in the league in 2021 and the Knicks would still gain an ENORMOUS amount of value from holding that pick because it's completely unprotected.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,378

Post#1426 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Feb 3, 2019 2:57 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:hes playing!!
Read on Twitter

Will Frank be playing? Id like to see them starting next to each other.

not sure
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#1427 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Feb 3, 2019 2:58 pm

This is going places it really doesn't need to go. You're poking hungry bears at this point. KP is on violated status. It's precisely why he's deleting messages. He knows he fukked up.

He's clearly studied many cultures/ locations, but there's one region he cant play that role and it's here in NY.

He was tolerated while donning orange and blue, even though those tendencies were there.. Had he just said his piece via players union and left, venom wouldn't be coming for him.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,306

Post#1428 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Feb 3, 2019 2:58 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:Let me walk you to this side of the tracks...…

New York is different from any city when it comes to disrespect, especially when you are NOT from here. Only a person who was born and raised in the city would understand this. And we rarely explain anything when dissed. We react, we claim, we own. KP will never live his actions down to a NY'er.

Two posters have explained where the diss lies and it ain the gif. We know KP is friends with Doncic. There's not issue there.

You guys want a debate on this when there isn't one.

Get over yourself brother. I was born and lived and ran all over LI and the city. For damn near half a century. Brooklyn Bronx Manhattan Queens...etc. I've been places most wouldn't go and done things most wouldn't do. You're on some high and mighty NYC BS right now. The type of nonsense that make people hate NY quite frankly. As a mod...you should have more class than this as well. Stand down? WTF?
:beer: RIP mags
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1429 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Feb 3, 2019 2:59 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
hsnd wrote:From what I gather, the "stay woke" instagram post was a sarcastic dig at the fans, basically implying that we're failing to see the big picture.

So...tall white Euro, whose family has shown some interesting social and political inclinations on youtube

Link for context, please?

Janis youtube page. It's a bit of a reach, granted, but one video is "those damn globalists" and the other is "black lives matter isn't a race", whatever the f*ck that means, but it doesn't usually mean well.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,378

Post#1430 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:00 pm

anybody defending KP is not a real knicks fan. PERIOD.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1431 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:00 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:hes playing!!
Read on Twitter

Will Frank be playing? Id like to see them starting next to each other.

not sure

Last quote I saw had Frank out 2-3 weeks with the groin strain, unless I misread and it was 2-3 games, but either way, I think not.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1432 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:02 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
DowNY wrote:Gonna be fun when Kyrie leaves and you still don’t get AD.
Enjoy the core of 1 legged Gordon Hayward, 38 yr old Al Horford and Jayson Regression Tatum. At least y’all have picks. Maybe y’all can trade for John Wall after Kyrie leaves at least :D

Celts fans just salty they couldn't add their tallest white guy ever. I mean, 7'4" inches. So much whiteness!

:lol: @ so much whiteness. So if KP was 6’0 it would have not mattered as much??? :o

:D They would be 1/6th less disappointed!
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#1433 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:05 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:Let me walk you to this side of the tracks...…

New York is different from any city when it comes to disrespect, especially when you are NOT from here. Only a person who was born and raised in the city would understand this. And we rarely explain anything when dissed. We react, we claim, we own. KP will never live his actions down to a NY'er.

Two posters have explained where the diss lies and it ain the gif. We know KP is friends with Doncic. There's not issue there.

You guys want a debate on this when there isn't one.

Get over yourself brother. I was born and lived and ran all over LI and the city. For damn near half a century. Brooklyn Bronx Manhattan Queens...etc. I've been places most wouldn't go and done things most wouldn't do. You're on some high and mighty NYC BS right now. The type of nonsense that make people hate NY quite frankly. As a mod...you should have more class than this as well. Stand down? WTF?

The fact you dont understand tells the entire story. I havent disrespected you in any fashion. You are however disrespecting me because I wont tell you what I actually have told you because you wont put in the legwork to unerstand.

That's your problem, feel free to continue.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#1434 » by IllmaticHandler » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:05 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:Yeah, meaning I get to view this from some distance. It's not like he said "I want out of New York because it's loud and smells bad". He posted some passive aggressive tweet with a gif and an emoji because he's a 7'3 child earning more money than he can spend who just had a final fight with his employer. And you somehow managed to interpret that as an insult towards the entire city and the fan base.

See that’s where you missed the point. I’m glad you noticed passive aggressive with him. Since you are the king of that yourself. See in NY we see passive aggressiveness a mile a way and call it out. Which is why people went in on him with that tweet on social media. I don’t even micheal rapport went it until he did that but I could be wrong. You must think people are to dumb to read between the lines and see passive aggressiveness for what it really is.

Do they teach passive aggressiveness in Europe in school, cause y’all sure like to hide behind it.

There was another former Knick who played with Porzingis and had the same passive aggressive manner on social media with bible verses and weird inspirational quotes. Did you give him grief for it at the time?

If melo is who you talking about why should I . Dude was being booed by the fan base and schited on by the president being totally classless on social media while he was a Knick. Melo got dragged all over the media and this board. KP was treated like a god here and still was ungrateful, so he deserve this treatment.

Like I said put your big boy pants on when it comes to KP cause the ride has just started.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#1435 » by Rasho Brezec » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:07 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
So...tall white Euro, whose family has shown some interesting social and political inclinations on youtube

Link for context, please?

Janis youtube page. It's a bit of a reach, granted, but one video is "those damn globalists" and the other is "black lives matter isn't a race", whatever the f*ck that means, but it doesn't usually mean well.

I see now. Janis liked two videos with African-American alt-righters. I don't think it bears any relevance to Kristaps' attitude towards the Knicks or New York.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#1436 » by MaseInYourFace » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:09 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Or did I just take KP's thing to the next level?

On the one hand, "stay woke" already got appropriated by IG and Twitter morons. On the other, KP should just stay away from using, based on his actions, the way NY'er are, and the cultural resonance of the term. KP probably figures he's such a big global star, such considerations are beneath, well, consideration.

He thinks he’s being endearing but really he just needs to STFU.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,251

Post#1437 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:09 pm

kane2021 wrote:KP is a wannabe. Who was embraced by a city. Supported. Granted an unusual amount of patience. All based on promise.

No one in the city likes an outsider pretending to be a New Yorker. But it can be overlooked or forgiven if you’re providing something valuable to the city.

Basically it was overlooked based on promise. People went against their own grain to extend patience. Which is a quality that’s lacking in a fast paced environment.

Not only did he not deliver but prematurely requested to be moved. Because “the city” apparently didn’t accommodate him to his liking. All this comes at a time he isn’t physically capable of contributing.

Maybe it sounds silly to people who haven’t experienced it. And that’s understandable. But it’s a flat out insult. It’s a cultural thing. Its very similar to inviting someone into your home. Cooking your cultures food for them. Playing your music. Showing them your dances and style. Teaching your language. Only to turn around and say this isn’t good enough for me.

Then. On the way out the door. Tell them what their culture is lacking, in the language you taught them.

It’s the type of slight that causes grand mother’s to throw kitchen utensils and curse.

Is it an emotional reaction? Of course. Because it’s an insult that cuts deep.

Remember. KP is someone who has a culture. It was the knicks that had to go to his country to check up on him. Fiz has to go to his house to introduce himself. And fiz spoke fondly of the experience of seeing where he comes from.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

I do have to give Fiz props for making that trip. It was a new leaf for the franchise. Hard to know if KP really appreciated it, but it was a strong gesture by a head coach.

Let him play with Luka then. Really don't feel any kind of loss not having him here. Another thing you can't really explain to someone who doesn't know it, but being a long-term Knicks fan for pretty much anyone over 30 brings with it an imprint from the 90s teams and that means we don't like fake tough guys. KP is not that tough and he might be fake so let's use this clean slate to build something real.
ImageImageImage
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1438 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:10 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:Link for context, please?

I see now. Janis liked two videos with African-American alt-righters. I don't think it bears any relevance to Kristaps' attitude towards the Knicks or New York.

Not really, probably. Still should have stayed away from "stay woke" on two levels. The NYC level, and then the level of the background of "stay woke".
Cookies4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,411

Post#1439 » by Cookies4Life » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:10 pm

Screw KP, what's done is done. He could've left the organization and fanbase a bit more gracefully but the kid is 23 years old and obviously doesn't understand how insensitive it is to send out that tweet of him and Doncic hours before thanking the fans.

That's essentially a microcosm of his time here: he was immature, had a high sense of self-entitlement and he didn't come off as being genuine. That last part is why a lot of people have vitriol for him, and personally I'd boo him incessantly regardless of how he left the organization.

He skipped an exit meeting which screamed malcontent and being self entitled. The team tried their best to repair the old wounds of the Phil Jackson era, even having their new HC go out there and attempt to build a rapport with our star player.

My biggest issue with him is when he decided to sequester himself in Spain at the Real Madrid facilities for his rehab and provided minimal contact with the FO about how his rehab was going and any updates to provide.

He's been acting quite unprofessional since his sophomore season and his arrogance has been augmenting ever since. Such a sense of entitlement for a guy who hasn't done anything in the league yet.

That Doncic tweet was just the icing on the cake as far as the vitriol this fanbase has for him, especially New Yorkers. It basically corroborates what a lot of people suspected about him, he was never a genuine person during his time here and New Yorkers do pride themselves on being authentic and having their own identity. It upsets a lot of us die hard Knick fans who embraced him and looked past his arrogant ways.
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Post#1440 » by AllanHoustonFan » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:10 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:KP prob thought there was going to be this huge cry for him leaving NY. He found out real quick we don’t give a duck that u gone. You know how many virtual Timbs been thrown at this clown. Like I said 2 days ago Since when NY care about a mofo that did not want to be here. He got his lesson what the real NY is about so now he deleting comments. Even the media is saying we won the trade so you know he butt hurt. Lolllllooool.

His own NY teammates he never showed love to like that in public . But he is dick riding Doncic hard as helll and won’t even be playing no time soon.

Talk to em :onfire: :onfire:
#MKGA

Return to New York Knicks