ImageImageImageImageImage

KP Trade Discussion Thread (Pt.3)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Re: KP Trade Discussion Thread (Pt.3) 

Post#1461 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:32 pm

HerSports85 wrote:So when we said he’s not close to returning .. he gets upset and post a pic, not video BUT picture of him running and on his way out his team leaks that he wa essentially cleared and wanted to play

Oh but now Dallas is saying the exact same thing and you haven’t heard a peep from this weird mofo.

We should’ve known since the beginning when he refused to work out with certain teams that he was going to be a problem and if he think he can pull these antics on Cuban he’s in for a rude awakening because Cuban will go out his way to destroy him

Rarely will a player go where their idol is. He's had comparisons to Dirk for awhile now. Good luck to living up to that.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,062

Post#1462 » by stuporman » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:33 pm

HerSports85 wrote:So when we said he’s not close to returning .. he gets upset and post a pic, not video BUT picture of him running and on his way out his team leaks that he wa essentially cleared and wanted to play

Oh but now Dallas is saying the exact same thing and you haven’t heard a peep from this weird mofo.

We should’ve known since the beginning when he refused to work out with certain teams that he was going to be a problem and if he think he can pull these antics on Cuban he’s in for a rude awakening because Cuban will go out his way to destroy him

Any twitter mention of KP not playing this season for the Mavs should be spammed with that 'running Melo' KP pic. :lol:
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#1463 » by IllmaticHandler » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:35 pm

F N 11 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:It’s actually that tweet that opened the flood gates on social media. That’s why I brought it up as the diss.

It was basically a idgaf. Then like I said on Friday he realized he was bird for it and then can back later and said “ thank you” but at that point no one cared.

If he would of said sorry New York fans it didn’t work out I love you or some chit like that like Melo it would of been fine. He fuqed up and learning Ny ain’t nun to play wit.

Basically. There would have been some hate cause thats natural in sports, but he 100% kicked off the firestorm he has been receiving all over social media.
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,977

Post#1464 » by Fury » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:36 pm

AllanHoustonFan wrote:I see Porzingis is now dick riding Dirk on Instagram :lol:

Damn went from banging Instagram hoes to becoming one
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,821

Post#1465 » by spree2kawhi » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:36 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:

Rarely will a player go where their idol is. He's had comparisons to Dirk for awhile now. Good luck to living up to that.

Well he won't obviously. Dirk has taken the high route and KP has already lost orientation last summer.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Post#1466 » by F N 11 » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:37 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:Which one of y'all is Mike Plugh?

Read on Twitter

Lmao word he thinks we drinking the koolaid cuz he wanna win now and Knicks fans finally on board with the rebuild.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#1467 » by Knicksfan20 » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:37 pm

BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:Bottom line is HE has no right to be concerned about our direction considering his health and other stuff.

But he IS RIGHT to be concerned with our direction.
Everyone’s should be concerned.

The trade is a good one and yes had we not signed Timmy maybe we get more but our power over the situation woulda lasted til exactly Thursday 3PM.
Cleveland got nothing for Lebron. Toronto got nothing for Bosh. The list goes on. The difference is those guys carried their franchises. And they didn’t have one tenth the sketchiness KP has, health and otherwise.

The stay woke thing is a bit insulting.
Like what, Dolan is a Trump guy?
Does he have a room in the garden where he tortures kittens? Is he really Cobra Commander?!
Cmon now

Good luck going forward but shut up.
You’ll regret walking away. Everybody else did.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yo I’m fkn dead.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,308

Post#1468 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:38 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:Perry is not playing!!! I hope his eye for talent is as good as his ninja GM moves. So far...Knox/Mitch/Trier look solid. Do we really have a good GM. He's got Dolan on board with all of this. He shut Mills down as soon as he took over. He's not taking shyt from players. He's not making a scene. I'm impressed.

Don't forget he got Mitch with the pick from the Melo trade. That's another feather in his cap.

I'm impressed with him. I don't like wasting last year with Jeff but, did he really have time for a coaching search with the Melo trade/Phil and Mills mistakes to deal with?

He gutted the team to the bone at this point. Like I have said, Kanter/Wes/DJ need to go. I know that's easier said than done. Wes should be the easiest to move. Cut Kanter immediately. No one is giving anything for him. Perry would have to work a miracle there. DJ...who needs a center with 20mil in expirings and a pick or whatever? That's gonna take work.

I'm no RealGM so...I won't post 10 team trades to show it's possible. :lol: I just have to trust Perry. It's been over a year and, so far, I'm fairly impressed.
:beer: RIP mags
21 Hussle
Sixth Man
And1: 1,628

Post#1469 » by 21 Hussle » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:38 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Orange21 wrote:There’s three sides to a story. No one knows what really happened. The Knicks are painting it as if KP is the bad guy when that really isn’t 100% true.

How are the Knicks painting him as a bad guy. The ONLY thing the Knicks have said that KP was not on board with what we were doing and did not want to be here any more, and where is the Lie? Its obvious he was not. They have been VERY classy in speaking it about even going as far as to say KP can answer that.

Fizdale PRAISED KP even AFTER he was gone.

Stop making up schit to defend this dude actions.

I’m not really defending his actions, I’m just calling it how I see it. The Knicks weren’t sold on his future(enough to max him) and KP wasn’t sold on the Knicks’ future. Perry and Mills were planning this move for a while.
:meditate: Patience :meditate:
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1470 » by IllmaticHandler » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:38 pm

He Gets to play with Doncic...that mofo would wait two years to be healthy...like you said before he wants to be carried by him.

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,442

Post#1471 » by KnicksGod » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:39 pm

You need Kanter in case you can trade for AD next week.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Post#1472 » by F N 11 » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:40 pm

Don’t be shocked if we trade for AD bruh... I wouldn’t want it cuz I like the young guys.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1473 » by IllmaticHandler » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:42 pm

Fury wrote:
AllanHoustonFan wrote:I see Porzingis is now dick riding Dirk on Instagram :lol:

Damn went from banging Instagram hoes to becoming one

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,274

Post#1474 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:42 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:Perry is not playing!!! I hope his eye for talent is as good as his ninja GM moves. So far...Knox/Mitch/Trier look solid. Do we really have a good GM. He's got Dolan on board with all of this. He shut Mills down as soon as he took over. He's not taking shyt from players. He's not making a scene. I'm impressed.

Don't forget he got Mitch with the pick from the Melo trade. That's another feather in his cap.

I'm impressed with him. I don't like wasting last year with Jeff but, did he really have time for a coaching search with the Melo trade/Phil and Mills mistakes to deal with?

He gutted the team to the bone at this point. Like I have said, Kanter/Wes/DJ need to go. I know that's easier said than done. Wes should be the easiest to move. Cut Kanter immediately. No one is giving anything for him. Perry would have to work a miracle there. DJ...who needs a center with 20mil in expirings and a pick or whatever? That's gonna take work.

I'm no RealGM so...I won't post 10 team trades to show it's possible. :lol: I just have to trust Perry. It's been over a year and, so far, I'm fairly impressed.

Perry is very good. He might even be great.

Dolan's absentee ownership means he's in charge so we get what we've always wanted, a functioning organization.

And Mills actually does have a purpose that seems overlooked here. He has Dolan's trust so he literally is Perry's backstop. Mills does Dolan so Perry can do Perry. It's working well IMO.
ImageImageImage
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#1475 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:42 pm

F N 11 wrote:Don’t be shocked if we trade for AD bruh... I wouldn’t want it cuz I like the young guys.

I seriously doubt that happens. Perry believes in his plan, and it's clear he wont unload the cupboard for any player.

Now if Frank starts yapping.....
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#1476 » by newyorker4ever » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:47 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:hes playing!!
Read on Twitter

Will Frank be playing? Id like to see them starting next to each other.

not sure

He's not. Fiz already said him or Mudiay won't play and that Mudiay is a little further behind in his rehad then Frank so Frank should be back before Mudiay but not today.
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,329

Post#1477 » by drekwins » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:47 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Or did I just take KP's thing to the next level?

On the one hand, "stay woke" already got appropriated by IG and Twitter morons. On the other, KP should just stay away from using, based on his actions, the way NY'er are, and the cultural resonance of the term. KP probably figures he's such a big global star, such considerations are beneath, well, consideration.

He thinks he’s being endearing but really he just needs to STFU.

Pretty much. Maybe if he had a savvy North American advisor/agent.

Nah, he got Janis.

I thought that Melo was delusional... KP takes the cake. This dude truly thinks that hes a finished superstar. This city has seen greatness... Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle, Lou Gehrig, DiMaggio, Mo Rivera, Jeter, Seaver, Gooden, Namath, Lawrence Taylor, Walt Frazier, Willis Reed, Ewing, Messier, Leetch...

Notice, this list doesn't even mention names like: Giambi, ARod, O'Neal, Williams, Clemens, Cano, Mussina, Cone, Wells, Melo, Marbury, Benard King, Manning, Barber, OBJ, Toomer, Plaxico, Strahan, Amar'e, Houston, Sprewell, Debusschere, etc...

KP is a speck in NY history that will be forgotten... potentially in less than 6 months if everything goes perfectly. He could not win games. He could not stay healthy. He did not yet improve his fatal flaws.

Losing KP is nothing to lose sleep over.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1478 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:47 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
F N 11 wrote:Don’t be shocked if we trade for AD bruh... I wouldn’t want it cuz I like the young guys.

I seriously doubt that happens. Perry believes in his plan, and it's clear he wont unload the cupboard for any player.

Now if Frank starts yapping.....

Yes, not going to happen. Perry's not dumping the rest. He specifically kept ALL of the young guys so he has cost-controlled talent to go with the max cats. And some of our young guys will end up being legit pieces in their own right.
ImageImageImage
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,311

Post#1479 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:47 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:Predicting new look KP in cowboy boots and a ten gallon hat

Kids are late getting ready, so have a minute before we leave for church, so:

Prediction: KP tears ACL riding mechanical bull. Bringbackhienke analyzes his leg form in the saddle, says ACL gets torn that way 10/10 times.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1480 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:49 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:Predicting new look KP in cowboy boots and a ten gallon hat

Kids are late getting ready, so have a minute before we leave for church, so:

Prediction: KP tears ACL riding mechanical bull with Bambi. Bringbackhienke analyzes his leg form in the saddle, says ACL gets torn that way 10/10 times.

FFY
ImageImageImage

Return to New York Knicks