ImageImageImageImageImage

KP Trade Discussion Thread (Pt.3)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,306

Re: KP Trade Discussion Thread (Pt.3) 

Post#1481 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:49 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

It's ok. It's not like Fiz has an offense to learn or anything. :D
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,814

Post#1482 » by Adelheid » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:49 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:Bottom line is HE has no right to be concerned about our direction considering his health and other stuff.

But he IS RIGHT to be concerned with our direction.
Everyone’s should be concerned.

The trade is a good one and yes had we not signed Timmy maybe we get more but our power over the situation woulda lasted til exactly Thursday 3PM.
Cleveland got nothing for Lebron. Toronto got nothing for Bosh. The list goes on. The difference is those guys carried their franchises. And they didn’t have one tenth the sketchiness KP has, health and otherwise.

The stay woke thing is a bit insulting.
Like what, Dolan is a Trump guy?
Does he have a room in the garden where he tortures kittens? Is he really Cobra Commander?!
Cmon now

Good luck going forward but shut up.
You’ll regret walking away. Everybody else did.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yo I’m fkn dead.

I laughed at the cobra commander bit. That came out of nowhere :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cookies4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,411

Post#1483 » by Cookies4Life » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:50 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
F N 11 wrote:Don’t be shocked if we trade for AD bruh... I wouldn’t want it cuz I like the young guys.

I seriously doubt that happens. Perry believes in his plan, and it's clear he wont unload the cupboard for any player.

Now if Frank starts yapping.....

I wish KP had Frank's mannerisms. If KP acted more like Frank does, he would've already been signed to his max and would be waiting patiently for us to build around him this summer.

Nobody has ever accused Frank of being a fugazi. He knows who he is and what he needs to work on. Very humble kid.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,957

Post#1484 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:51 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

zoinks
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,957

Post#1485 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:52 pm

Fury wrote:
AllanHoustonFan wrote:I see Porzingis is now dick riding Dirk on Instagram :lol:

Damn went from banging Instagram hoes to becoming one

:o
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,385

Post#1486 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:55 pm

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,269

Post#1487 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:55 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

I watched the last game finally. The ball movement was actually there. Probably because the remaining crew actually wants to play the game of basketball.

but it does mean I really do want to see what Fiz can do after the the trade deadline. I've become disenchanted with his coaching, but he was clearly biding his time as Perry figured out how to clean up the roster and he has so some of the tanklicious coaching moves may be dismissed as part of the plan.

Not sure if Fiz can coach a lick in terms of real-time decisions or whether he will implement anything noteworthy on either side of the floor, but the change in talent will be his chance to show us he actually does know something about coaching

Will put my Fizbuster on pause for now and return to wait and see mode
ImageImageImage
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Post#1488 » by F N 11 » Sun Feb 3, 2019 4:14 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

I’ll give him a shot now that Tammy and Burke are gone. Mudiay hurt and Kanter not in the plan. Dennis is a creator. I expect mad lobs to Mitch and more East shots for Knox.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#1489 » by F N 11 » Sun Feb 3, 2019 4:19 pm

Okay All signs of the unisnake is removed from my profile.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#1490 » by Knicksfan20 » Sun Feb 3, 2019 4:19 pm

Porzingis is like 6ix9ine. They may be in or from the city, but NY doesnt actually claim them.
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,328

Post#1491 » by drekwins » Sun Feb 3, 2019 4:24 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:Then it's not really a diss towards the city and the fans if only a select few are allowed to understand it.

The whole city does understand it tho. You don't because you're not from here and it aint your lane.

I'm a fan. And I'm not the only one in this thread asking you to explain what it means.

To expand on what others have said, and to add context that may be suitable to you, there's several issues in KP's actions that are largely disrespectful. Above all, KP has displayed that he thinks he is owed more and knows more than any player in NYC history. The only guy who could possibly get away with that is LeBron...if he won. This city doesn't expect perfection. We accept flaws as long as a player gives it his all and it's clear that he is absolutely trying his best. In that sense, we expect a bit of humbleness and humility. For instance, we all love Tiki Barber. He was an undersized RB, not the fastest, etc. Yet, he gave it his ALL, carried the ball more times than anyone expected and never tried to take all of the attention. You could say the say about Jeter, Bernie Williams, Paul O'Neal, David Wells... all had flaws. This city embraced guys with demons: David Wells, Darryl Strawberry, Kerry Collins, even ARod during his last run, etc. This is because these guys showed that they had been humbled and gave their all.

KP, on the other hand, came in thinking that he was already a star and acted like he was a legend. Without even being able to: average 7 rebounds per game, post up a point guard, play a full season, guard the 3 point line, shoot an efficienct percentage or even create his own shot, this guy thought that he had the right to direct Phil Jackson on what to do. The same Phil Jackson that is loved by MJ, Shaq, Kobe and Scottie. He thought that he had all of the answers without even understand how the salary cap works. He thought that he was "owed" winning. He isn't owed s**t. Just like Sprewell, Houston, LJ, Camby, Oakley, Mason, Starks, Ewing, etc. were not owed s**t. They earned NY's love with their dedication, winning and commitment.

His arrogance is not only mis-guided and delusional, it's disrespectful. Why does he deserve such treatment? Who does he think he is? He's not THAT good! NY'ers don't respect stuff like that. You prove yourself first and then you earn our trust enough to speak. You don't come in, sit out games, show massive flaws and then act like you're a finished star where everyone else is the problem. It's disrespectful to us fans who are dedicated to this franchise, who understand how difficult it is to win big, who understand how much dedication we need for things to fall into place. Not to mention, it's disrespectful to all NYers who are working hard to earn every little bit that we are given and who aren't afforded the ability to complain, act childish and claim superiority when we haven't proven a damn thing.

KP is a puppy with big paws. Everything that is loved about him is based on his potential, not who he is at this point in time. He bought into his own hype and we take it as disrespectful because we were willing to be patient. We were willing to give him time despite wanting to win so bad. Then, he acted as if he wasn't a part of the problem. That his skills were sufficient. They are not yet. THat's when he made a lot of us question how hard he is working and how delusional he is. He has to focus on internal growth before he can start claiming that he is "owed" more and deserves a better situation. His own improvement would have been the best way to make the team better.

Peace!
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,509

Post#1492 » by Fat Kat » Sun Feb 3, 2019 4:25 pm

F N 11 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

I’ll give him a shot now that Tammy and Burke are gone. Mudiay hurt and Kanter not in the plan. Dennis is a creator. I expect mad lobs to Mitch and more East shots for Knox.

Wanna see this with Mitch
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
F N 11
RealGM

Post#1493 » by F N 11 » Sun Feb 3, 2019 4:30 pm

drekwins wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:The whole city does understand it tho. You don't because you're not from here and it aint your lane.

I'm a fan. And I'm not the only one in this thread asking you to explain what it means.

To expand on what others have said, and to add context that may be suitable to you, there's several issues in KP's actions that are largely disrespectful. Above all, KP has displayed that he thinks he is owed more and knows more than any player in NYC history. The only guy who could possibly get away with that is LeBron...if he won. This city doesn't expect perfection. We accept flaws as long as a player gives it his all and it's clear that he is absolutely trying his best. In that sense, we expect a bit of humbleness and humility. For instance, we all love Tiki Barber. He was an undersized RB, not the fastest, etc. Yet, he gave it his ALL, carried the ball more times than anyone expected and never tried to take all of the attention. You could say the say about Jeter, Bernie Williams, Paul O'Neal, David Wells... all had flaws. This city embraced guys with demons: David Wells, Darryl Strawberry, Kerry Collins, even ARod during his last run, etc. This is because these guys showed that they had been humbled and gave their all.

KP, on the other hand, came in thinking that he was already a star and acted like he was a legend. Without even being able to: average 7 rebounds per game, post up a point guard, play a full season, guard the 3 point line, shoot an efficienct percentage or even create his own shot, this guy thought that he had the right to direct Phil Jackson on what to do. The same Phil Jackson that is loved by MJ, Shaq, Kobe and Scottie. He thought that he had all of the answers without even understand how the salary cap works. He thought that he was "owed" winning. He isn't owed s**t. Just like Sprewell, Houston, LJ, Camby, Oakley, Mason, Starks, Ewing, etc. were not owed s**t. They earned NY's love with their dedication, winning and commitment.

His arrogance is not only mis-guided and delusional, it's disrespectful. Why does he deserve such treatment? Who does he think he is? He's not THAT good! NY'ers don't respect stuff like that. You prove yourself first and then you earn our trust enough to speak. You don't come in, sit out games, show massive flaws and then act like you're a finished star. It's disrespectful to us fans who are dedicated to this franchise, who understand how difficult it is to win big, who understand how much dedication we need for things to fall into place. Not to mention, it's disrespectful to all NYers who are working hard to earn every little bit that we are given and who aren't afforded the ability to complain, act childish and claim superiority when we haven't proven a damn thing.

KP is a puppy with big paws. Everything that is loved about him is based on his potential, not who he is at this point in time. He bought into his own hype and we take it as disrespectful because we were willing to be patient. We were willing to give him time despite wanting to win so bad. Then, he acted as if he wasn't a part of the problem. That his skills were sufficient. They are not yet. THat's when he made a lot of us question how hard he is working and how delusional he is. He has to focus on internal growth before he can start claiming that he is "owed" more and deserves a better situation. His own improvement would have been the best way to make the team better.

Peace!

New York never been the diva town. We like blue collar guys. Odell even gets flack for doing too much. The following players are exactly what New York looks for.

Saquon Barkley
Derek Jeter
Aaron Judge
Mike Piazza
CC Sabathia

Players that had flaws but was loved Bc they loved us and wanted to be here

Carmelo Anthony
Jr Smith
Raymond Felton
KOQ
Lance Thomas (I think he might be a knick lifer)
Trey Burke
Timmy
Arod
Clemens

There’s just a certain grit and mindset you need to be loved here. That Diva chit don’t rock. Odell better humble or he will be gone too. No one is bigger than the city. Understand the fans are in this with you. Not you in this only caring about yourself.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#1494 » by Rasho Brezec » Sun Feb 3, 2019 4:35 pm

drekwins wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:The whole city does understand it tho. You don't because you're not from here and it aint your lane.

His arrogance is not only mis-guided and delusional, it's disrespectful. Why does he deserve such treatment? Who does he think he is? He's not THAT good! NY'ers don't respect stuff like that. You prove yourself first and then you earn our trust enough to speak. You don't come in, sit out games, show massive flaws and then act like you're a finished star. It's disrespectful to us fans who are dedicated to this franchise, who understand how difficult it is to win big, who understand how much dedication we need for things to fall into place. Not to mention, it's disrespectful to all NYers who are working hard to earn every little bit that we are given and who aren't afforded the ability to complain, act childish and claim superiority when we haven't proven a damn thing.

Peace!

Okay. I can understand that.

However, these are new generations of players who were brought up in a different environment and with the emergence of social media, have found new ways of communicating with fans. So it might be good to accept this type of behaviour as the norm rather than an outlier, otherwise a lot of you will stay angry the entire time.

Look at a guy like Kawhi, who has won everything he could and was thought to be a humble player, pretty much everything you described. And it still wasn't enough for him. More and more star players will want to have their cake and eat it too. Better get used to it.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,056

Post#1495 » by stuporman » Sun Feb 3, 2019 4:38 pm

Unicorny...... :lol:
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
F N 11
RealGM

Post#1496 » by F N 11 » Sun Feb 3, 2019 4:38 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
F N 11 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Wanna see this with Mitch

That’s not even the best one. There’s one where he threw it off the backboard to Powell. Can’t find it anywhere.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#1497 » by IllmaticHandler » Sun Feb 3, 2019 4:38 pm

I like Clyde...

but this Post sums up how the majority of this board acted for years when any form of critique happened on this board. Some Posters saw thru the BS early.

I literally did not even get into that many arguments on this board before KP came....

F N 11
RealGM

Post#1498 » by F N 11 » Sun Feb 3, 2019 4:39 pm

Jordan and Smith Jr starting huh. I won’t be surprised if Deandre come back to the superteam for the low.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#1499 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Feb 3, 2019 4:40 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:
drekwins wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:I'm a fan. And I'm not the only one in this thread asking you to explain what it means.

Peace!

Okay. I can understand that.

However, these are new generations of players who were brought up in a different environment and with the emergence of social media, have found new ways of communicating with fans. So it might be good to accept this type of behaviour as the norm rather than an outlier, otherwise a lot of you will stay angry the entire time.

Look at a guy like Kawhi, who has won everything he could and was thought to be a humble player, pretty much everything you described. And it still wasn't enough for him. More and more star players will want to have their cake and eat it too. Better get used to it.

Spurs fans booed the shyt out of Kawhi and cheered Danny Green. What they did was only a minor glimpse of that work KP gonna get whenever he plays again at MSG.

Rasho, I really don't know where you're from, but one thing about America, you will get this work especially in NY when you diss the city, fanbase etc.

You don't see it that way, and it truly cannot be explained, but that's how it is.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
F N 11
RealGM

Post#1500 » by F N 11 » Sun Feb 3, 2019 4:42 pm

Deandre not going for people just letting people walk by them and not recovering. Even tho he got flack for this Luka didn’t even try to get back. He was proving a point. I wonder if Deandre wanted out? Bc I keep reading that he’s not even trying anymore.

Return to New York Knicks