ImageImageImageImageImage

Nikola Vucevic as a Plan B?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,211

Re: Nikola Vucevic as a Plan B? 

Post#41 » by Kampuchea » Sun Feb 3, 2019 2:26 pm

Plan F - for FAIL or ****

He is someone you get to fill out the roster as a 3rd or 4th guy, we shouldn't be signing him as our 1st/2nd star though.
ForzaMetro
Senior
And1: 680

Post#42 » by ForzaMetro » Sun Feb 3, 2019 2:49 pm

Plan A is some combination of 2 of KD, Kyrie, Klay (less likely), Kawhi (less likely)

Plan B is KD + Kemba

Plan C is KD or Kyrie and don't destroy flexibility with the rest of the cap

Plan D is use the space to acquire an all-NBA player and/or acquire assets without sacrificing long term flexibility (beyond of course what it would take to lock up said all-NBA player)

Sprinkled into all of those scenarios is the possibility of Anthony Davis.

That’s the way I see it, anyway. Oh and as a part of all scenarios is pray to our respective gods for the #1 pick.

I don’t see where Vuc, Middleton, Harris, Cousins, maybe even Butler make it into any of these, but I guess if you land Kyrie and strike out on Durant, you could talk yourself into some of them making some semblance of sense. I’d probably pass, though. I’m not interested in building a 4 seed.
SARGO127
General Manager
And1: 3,077

Post#43 » by SARGO127 » Sun Feb 3, 2019 2:55 pm

If we whiff on the big fish, would we be able to get Tobias, Vuc, and Middleton for like 20 mil per? Obviously I want nothing to do with them at the max but at 20 mil...

Vuc - Robinson
Tobias - resign Vonleh
Barrett - Knox
Middleton - Trier
DSJ - Frank

That’s actually an interesting team and probably top 3 in the East
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,820

Post#44 » by spree2kawhi » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:46 pm

He can be glad to be in the rotation. Sure he's playing well, but before the year I would've banked on him rotting on the backseat of the Magic tank.
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Post#45 » by EricAnderson » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:53 pm

So we can max ourselves into mediocrity like always? Noooo thank you.

This is my fear of what’s gonna happen though because if we wife on the big names the front office is gonna panic because the KP trade is the type of trade that an get a gm fired if it backfires and they miss out on the big free agents and end up with nobody or second tier guys.

Return to New York Knicks