ImageImageImageImageImage

PG Knicks & Grizz- 14 in a row at msg!/DSJr's First Day Out, but not even Tee Grizzley can stop this tank

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Cookies4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,411

Re: PG Knicks & Grizz- 14 in a row at msg!/DSJr's First Day Out, but not even Tee Grizzley can stop this tank 

Post#281 » by Cookies4Life » Mon Feb 4, 2019 2:34 am

Frank is not the guy we should be looking to trade. If this team has aspirations of getting two superstar free agents, they'll need a glue guy in the starting lineup who can have a positive impact on the floor without the need to score or have the ball in his hands.

He has good passing ability as does Smith Jr. Dennis is more of a drive and kickout type of facilitator which Frank somewhat lacks in his game at the moment. With their ballhandling and playmaking ability, I'd like to see these 2 penciled in as our starting backcourt for the rest of the season. Frank's elite level defense would really help Smith Jr (and Knox at times) as well.

I like Dotson but he doesn't have the facilitating ability of Frank.
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,617

Re: PG Knicks & Grizz- 14 in a row at msg!/DSJr's First Day Out, but not even Tee Grizzley can stop this tank 

Post#282 » by Knick4Real » Mon Feb 4, 2019 2:56 am

El Poochio wrote:Found my new favourite thread

Porzingis has done us dirty lol. I would like to change my username to “F N 11” please and thank you.

Can I change my name from PorzinGAWD to Wargames

please change my name from

Old username: The Uknickorn
to
New Username: The KnicksFix

if that's not available then just: KnixFix

I know this will be my second and final name change but the unicorn is dead to me

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Please, for the sake of my sanity.

Old username: Kristaps6_NYK
New username: MSGHardKnock

I cannot look at this username it burns a hole inside me.

Thanks,

LOL A poster should NEVER pick a name related to a player. Those usually never work out, as this quote proves. Just go with a name connected to the TEAM and not the player. :lol:
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,986

Post#283 » by ITGM » Mon Feb 4, 2019 3:10 am

Knick4Real wrote:
LOL A poster should NEVER pick a name related to a player. Those usually never work out, as this quote proves. Just go with a name connected to the TEAM and not the player. :lol:

Or a general manager.
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,269

Post#284 » by Knicks Byke » Mon Feb 4, 2019 3:14 am

Knick4Real wrote:

Porzingis has done us dirty lol. I would like to change my username to “F N 11” please and thank you.

to

I know this will be my second and final name change but the unicorn is dead to me

Thanks,

nah mean.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#285 » by Mecca » Mon Feb 4, 2019 3:19 am

Tron Carter wrote:dsj with the frank stat line.

his defense isn’t bad either. he can actually lock down when he’s committed on that end. him and frank can work but both they shots need hella work.

this tank stops for no one.

It’s funny you said that because I literally argued with you about this just over a week ago prior to the trade & you said I was crazy.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1794421&hilit=Dsj&start=100#p72067909
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#286 » by HEZI » Mon Feb 4, 2019 3:48 am

Cookies4Life wrote:Frank is not the guy we should be looking to trade. If this team has aspirations of getting two superstar free agents, they'll need a glue guy in the starting lineup who can have a positive impact on the floor without the need to score or have the ball in his hands.

He has good passing ability as does Smith Jr. Dennis is more of a drive and kickout type of facilitator which Frank somewhat lacks in his game at the moment. With their ballhandling and playmaking ability, I'd like to see these 2 penciled in as our starting backcourt for the rest of the season. Frank's elite level defense would really help Smith Jr (and Knox at times) as well.

I like Dotson but he doesn't have the facilitating ability of Frank.

The ball will be in Smiths hands and Frank doesn't know how to play off the ball. Frank doesn't have 2 guards instincts and Smith is not really an off the ball type of scorer so I don't think it's gonna work. Dotson is a natural 2 guard and knows how to come off screens and is comfortable in that role because he's played it for a while even in college. Frank is like a wing player with some PG instincts but not the talent so I see him more of a bench player. He isn't the right compliment for a slashing guard. Since Frank can't create offense for others he relies on the system and other guys getting freed up away from the ball and that's just not Smiths game, nor is it Mudiays game nor was it Burke game. Its why he hasn't looked good next to those guys they don't compliment him and he doesn't compliment them.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,689

Post#287 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Feb 4, 2019 3:59 am

F N 11 wrote:
Sark wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Smith looks tiny on the court and his defense is stinky

Yea I'm not sold on Dennis JR Smith either.

He had the same weaknesses on the Mavs let the man develop.

You can't develop height and reach tho. I just see him as a nice change of pace spark plug off the bench. There's nothing wrong with that type of player. I have a thing against smallish PGs in today's game. I feel the same way about Kemba and he's very much developed.
Free Palestine
HEZI
RealGM

Post#288 » by HEZI » Mon Feb 4, 2019 4:01 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
F N 11 wrote:
Sark wrote:

He had the same weaknesses on the Mavs let the man develop.

You can't develop height and reach tho.

What's the issue with his height and reach? Nobody complains about Mike Conley being tiny yet Smith looked significantly bigger than him.

Smith looks average height for a PG, this "he's tiny" narrative is kinda played out.
DENVER NUGGETS
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#289 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Feb 4, 2019 4:01 am

HEZI wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
F N 11 wrote:He had the same weaknesses on the Mavs let the man develop.

What's the issue with his height and reach? Nobody complains about Mike Conley being tiny yet Smith looked significantly bigger than him.

What has Memphis and Mike Conley won?
Free Palestine
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,600

Post#290 » by El Poochio » Mon Feb 4, 2019 4:02 am

Knick4Real wrote:

to

Thanks,

Its the best when you also impersonate the character

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,600

Post#291 » by El Poochio » Mon Feb 4, 2019 4:03 am

ITGM wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:

Or a general manager.

What about beat writer

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
bkzfinest11
Rookie
And1: 244

Post#292 » by bkzfinest11 » Mon Feb 4, 2019 4:04 am

El Poochio wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:

Its the best when you also impersonate the character

Request Denied!
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#293 » by MaseInYourFace » Mon Feb 4, 2019 4:04 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Sark wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Smith looks tiny on the court and his defense is stinky

I think once Frank's healthy and these two go after each other in practice every day, the team will get a better sense of who they like better.

They’ve been looking at Frank for a while already.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#294 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Feb 4, 2019 4:06 am

MaseInYourFace wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Sark wrote:

I think once Frank's healthy and these two go after each other in practice every day, the team will get a better sense of who they like better.

They’ve been looking at Frank for a while already.

They haven't given Frank a real shot. They've had him on a short leash.
Free Palestine
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,360

Post#295 » by Context » Mon Feb 4, 2019 4:07 am

Knick4Real wrote:

to

Thanks,

:lol: not laughing at my fellow knick fans just the idea of it...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#296 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Feb 4, 2019 4:08 am

I'm not hating on Smith. Maybe he and Frank will complement each other really well and everybody will be happy.
Free Palestine
HEZI
RealGM

Post#297 » by HEZI » Mon Feb 4, 2019 4:09 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
HEZI wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

What's that gotta do with anything? You think Memphis has sucked over the last couple years because of Mike Conleys height?
DENVER NUGGETS
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#298 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Feb 4, 2019 4:11 am

HEZI wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
HEZI wrote:

What's that gotta do with anything? You think Memphis has sucked over the last couple years because of Mike Conleys height?

:lol:

What's Conley's reach? He looks like he has real long arms.

Edit: besides, it's more important to have a PG who is a strong defender unless the team can compensate for it in other ways, like the Sixers did with Iverson.
Free Palestine
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,360

Post#299 » by Context » Mon Feb 4, 2019 4:14 am

El Poochio wrote:If Disgusting Rodney Hood can net multiple picks surely we get some good stuff on DJ Wes

I know...I wish they'd hurry up already...truth be told they're salaries don't make it an easy transaction...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#300 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Feb 4, 2019 4:14 am

Multiple picks for Rodney Hood?
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks