ImageImageImageImageImage

PG Thread: Welcome to Tank City

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Re: PG Thread: Welcome to Tank City 

Post#181 » by HEZI » Wed Feb 6, 2019 1:21 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
HEZI wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Right, and not at Mudiay or Burke or anyone else who saw the majority of PG time. Let's just ignore that Mudiay was averaging about 30 mpg over the last 10+ games, or more, before he got hurt. And Frank started, what, two games after that and got hurt?

Keep the Frank agenda posting going though. I mean, Mudiay got lots of time, DSJr is here, Frank's not even playing, but you're still posting about him.

My shots at Fiz have nothing to do with Frank. He's just not that good, low level of talent aside. It's possible to know the talent level is low, and Fiz sort of coaches a crap offense. Actually, and now a crap defense. Other than that soft zone BS he throws in is tankalicious, so that's appreciated.

Only one of those guys is a system player that needs to be told what plays to run each time down the floor, got drafted to be the teams PG and remember the questions Fizdale has had to answer about him? The why he doesn't trust him and stuff like that? Well the answers were obvious but he never wanted to expose Frank like that but some of these comments about DSJ reveal a lot. As if the trade to get him didn't say enough.

So, why was Fiz calling plays for Mudiay, which was obvious enough watching the games?

And whatever the trade reveals, the topic was Fiz, not Frank, but again, it's you, so most topics are Frank

The topic is DSJ and his ability to run point and do what Fizdale wants him to do. You spent most of the time here scrapping on the dude when he was in Dallas and buttering up golden boy but now the situation got interesting so lets talk about it. No we won't leave Frank out the discussion, he belongs in it, why? Because his days as a Knick are numbered. He's on the way out and its clear.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,957

Post#182 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Feb 6, 2019 1:25 pm

HEZI wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
HEZI wrote:
Only one of those guys is a system player that needs to be told what plays to run each time down the floor, got drafted to be the teams PG and remember the questions Fizdale has had to answer about him? The why he doesn't trust him and stuff like that? Well the answers were obvious but he never wanted to expose Frank like that but some of these comments about DSJ reveal a lot. As if the trade to get him didn't say enough.

So, why was Fiz calling plays for Mudiay, which was obvious enough watching the games?

And whatever the trade reveals, the topic was Fiz, not Frank, but again, it's you, so most topics are Frank

The topic is DSJ and his ability to run point and do what Fizdale wants him to do. You spent most of the time here scrapping on the dude when he was in Dallas and buttering up golden boy but now the situation got interesting so lets talk about it. No we won't leave Frank out the discussion, he belongs in it, why? Because his days as a Knick are numbered. He's on the way out and its clear.

Spoiler:

:cry:
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,262

Post#183 » by DOT » Wed Feb 6, 2019 1:27 pm

I like what I see out of DSJ

Dude's ball dominant, but he seems to be fine with running the offense and getting guys in sets, not just calling his own number (like some of our previous guards), and while his defense isn't spectacular, he gives effort and is athletic enough to make it work more often than not

Just needs to get his shot to fall
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,271

Post#184 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Feb 6, 2019 1:34 pm

K-DOT wrote:I like what I see out of DSJ

Dude's ball dominant, but he seems to be fine with running the offense and getting guys in sets, not just calling his own number (like some of our previous guards), and while his defense isn't spectacular, he gives effort and is athletic enough to make it work more often than not

Also he's very strong at his size. He's not a big guy for the NBA, but he gets pretty physical. He was bouncing off bigs in the air and maintaining body control to convert at the rim which was pretty impressive.
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#185 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Feb 6, 2019 1:36 pm

HEZI wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
HEZI wrote:

You are entitled to your opinion AFAIK, but your certainties are still opinions, not certainties. How about you wait until the dust clears Friday morning to see if Frank remains a Knick? He might be gone, he might not so you can ease up on those kinds of proclamations while still hating on Frank.
ImageImageImage
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#186 » by dakomish23 » Wed Feb 6, 2019 1:39 pm

DSJ needs to work on his tear drop game. He’s not going to be able to get to the rack every time. Plus, if the defense knows he will try and make them, it will pull the big out and open up passing lanes, especially lobs to Mitch.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Post#187 » by F N 11 » Wed Feb 6, 2019 1:39 pm

DSJ has done things in 2 games that I have rarely seen from ANY of our point guards since Jeremy Lin. He finds guys period. He has a lot of room to grow. If Mudiay was allowed to shoot even tho his jump shot was not a strength then so should Jr. 8 if his 11 made field goals were in the paint.

Frank has a lot of work to do on the offensive end. In the mean time maybe getting some open shots and driving lanes open up Bc of DSJ can help him. He can focus on helping Dennis run the offense and play Defense. If we are trying to build a top Defense trading Frank is a mistake. Numbers don’t lie. I’m a Frank guy and I’m not trashing either guy. I swear people just wanna thrash 20 year olds for fun.

ALL our young guys have potential. Support them and let them develop.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
shmeakone
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,436

Post#188 » by shmeakone » Wed Feb 6, 2019 1:40 pm

His strength and body control are really impressive.

I only see him getting stronger and stronger. A prime Baron Davis comparison isn't out of the question.

I think we've got our PG of the future.
My lifetime better have a Knicks championship.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#189 » by IllmaticHandler » Wed Feb 6, 2019 1:41 pm

Word on the street the real reason why Mitch went off last night is that he finally got a Blue Check...You heard it here first.

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,262

Post#190 » by DOT » Wed Feb 6, 2019 1:43 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:

Also he's very strong at his size. He's not a big guy for the NBA, but he gets pretty physical. He was bouncing off bigs in the air and maintaining body control to convert at the rim which was pretty impressive.

He also seems to know how to use his size and athleticism, which is probably my biggest problem with Mudiay. He's a big guy with pretty good athleticism, but he never seems to be able to use it to get by guys, and when he does, he doesn't convert at the rim as much as he should, being 55% at the rim for the year with only 8 dunks

DSJ on the other hand is 60% at the rim for the year with 21 dunks (fun fact, last year DSJ had 40 dunks, which is 1 less than Mudiay's career total of 41)
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
HEZI
RealGM

Post#191 » by HEZI » Wed Feb 6, 2019 1:47 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
HEZI wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

You are entitled to your opinion AFAIK, but your certainties are still opinions, not certainties. How about you wait until the dust clears Friday morning to see if Frank remains a Knick? He might be gone, he might not so you can ease up on those kinds of proclamations while still hating on Frank.

You think if he makes it past the trade deadline that he's safe? Or part of the long term plan? Look at the players after Zion, all wing players. Chances are we are taking a wing, whether its Reddish or Culver or Barrett. Guys that will only push Frank out the rotation more. Then we got free agents to target. You really see Frank fitting in with the bigger picture? He's looking like a summer asset right now
DENVER NUGGETS
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#192 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Feb 6, 2019 1:49 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

He also seems to know how to use his size and athleticism, which is probably my biggest problem with Mudiay. He's a big guy with pretty good athleticism, but he never seems to be able to use it to get by guys, and when he does, he doesn't convert at the rim as much as he should, being 55% at the rim for the year with only 8 dunks

DSJ on the other hand is 60% at the rim for the year with 21 dunks (fun fact, last year DSJ had 40 dunks, which is 1 less than Mudiay's career total of 41)

It probably explains Mudiay's mid-paint pull-ups with the funky extension on his shot. It's almost like he developed that in response to frustrations with converting at the rim (or maybe just getting tired of hitting the floor like a sack of spuds on his drives).
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#193 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Feb 6, 2019 1:52 pm

HEZI wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
HEZI wrote:

You think if he makes it past the trade deadline that he's safe? Or part of the long term plan? Look at the players after Zion, all wing players. Chances are we are taking a wing, whether its Reddish or Culver or Barrett. Guys that will only push Frank out the rotation more. Then we got free agents to target. You really see Frank fitting in with the bigger picture? He's looking like a summer asset right now

You heard me and understood what I meant. Like I said, damn him all you want, but at least don't try to dictate the conversation by claiming your OPINION on his outcome or your OPINION on what the FO intends is a more accurate analysis than others. You don't know what they intend for Frank so that's the part I'm suggesting you ease up on. Otherwise, bombs away
ImageImageImage
HEZI
RealGM

Post#194 » by HEZI » Wed Feb 6, 2019 2:07 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
HEZI wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

You heard me and understood what I meant. Like I said, damn him all you want, but at least don't try to dictate the conversation by claiming your OPINION on his outcome or your OPINION on what the FO intends is a more accurate analysis than others. You don't know what they intend for Frank so that's the part I'm suggesting you ease up on. Otherwise, bombs away

You right its just opinion. I lost count with how many replacements we've brought in since drafting him though. Writings on the wall, no team does that to a player they are committed to. Now we got a more talented young PG whos on a cheaper long term deal than Frank but hey you right we still dont know

Spoiler:
He gone
DENVER NUGGETS
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,125

Post#195 » by Juco24 » Wed Feb 6, 2019 2:14 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:

Man, I loved it when he pushed Drummond!! :lol: DSJ has swag
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,309

Post#196 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Feb 6, 2019 2:15 pm

HEZI wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
HEZI wrote:

Actually I've posted several times across multiple topics that I saw him gone by the deadline, in a draft day deal, post draft, certainly if Kyrie came as a FA, high probability if Zion wasn't drafted but a SG/SF type of PG type was drafted (everybodies consensus picks 2-6), and even a scenario where Kyrie doesn't come, Zion IS drafted (less SG glut) but FO decides to retain Mudiay as backup PG and roll with Trier Dot. So, whatever the order of events are, outside the trade deadline, yeah.
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,117

Post#197 » by Tron Carter » Wed Feb 6, 2019 2:25 pm

and of course every dsj performance is going to turn into a referendum on frank who isn’t even playing.

I don’t get why we need to be so eager to ship frank out without even giving him and dsj a chance to co exist. as if his nothing contract is crippling our max cap space

how about we just chill the **** out and see how schit plays out because news flash if and when we land kyrie both these fools will be either coming off the bench or in different uniforms. and only one of them NEEDS the ball in their hands to be effective.
R.I.P Black Mamba
Juco24
Lead Assistant

Post#198 » by Juco24 » Wed Feb 6, 2019 2:26 pm

F N 11 wrote:DSJ has done things in 2 games that I have rarely seen from ANY of our point guards since Jeremy Lin. He finds guys period. He has a lot of room to grow. If Mudiay was allowed to shoot even tho his jump shot was not a strength then so should Jr. 8 if his 11 made field goals were in the paint.

Frank has a lot of work to do on the offensive end. In the mean time maybe getting some open shots and driving lanes open up Bc of DSJ can help him. He can focus on helping Dennis run the offense and play Defense. If we are trying to build a top Defense trading Frank is a mistake. Numbers don’t lie. I’m a Frank guy and I’m not trashing either guy. I swear people just wanna thrash 20 year olds for fun.

PREACH!!! Let the church say amen!

Me whishpering...: do we really want to spend a max contract on a PG? :dontknow:

Continuing to whishper... Hey Kev, can you bring Klay with you? (not trying to be greedy--- but...) lol :wink:
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Post#199 » by F N 11 » Wed Feb 6, 2019 2:28 pm

Juco24 wrote:
F N 11 wrote:DSJ has done things in 2 games that I have rarely seen from ANY of our point guards since Jeremy Lin. He finds guys period. He has a lot of room to grow. If Mudiay was allowed to shoot even tho his jump shot was not a strength then so should Jr. 8 if his 11 made field goals were in the paint.

PREACH!!! Let the church say amen!

Me whishpering...: do we really want to spend a max contract on a PG? :dontknow:

Continuing to whishper... Hey Kev, can you bring Klay with you? (not trying to be greedy--- but...) lol :wink:

DSJ has 25 and 12 with Klay last night.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Juco24
Lead Assistant

Post#200 » by Juco24 » Wed Feb 6, 2019 2:29 pm

I forgot who I was debating against but someone said Matthews was a better shooter than THJ... well, while that may be the case - in this game I swear I thought I was having flashbacks. Please get this dude away from NY. A one-time good guard, this dude has become a chucker! Good riddance!!

Return to New York Knicks