ImageImageImageImageImage

FA/Trade Rumors & Discussion - Durant, Kyrie, AD, etc (Pt. 2)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,699

Re: FA/Trade Rumors & Discussion - Durant, Kyrie, AD, etc (Pt. 2) 

Post#1781 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:06 pm

Tron Carter wrote:
Kristaps6_NYK wrote:
Read on Twitter

Kyrie is trying HARRRRD to recruit. “Two Max spots.. two.. it’s time..” but KD body language doesn’t look like he’s buying into it. I mean my take is.. I mean he’s in GS right now, he doesn’t want to get too caught up into that stuff right now going for that 3rd chip.. I would get annoyed too, I would entertain it after FA starts. But you can tell Kyrie really wants to team. KD knows the media will get all up on him.

One thing has me thinking... Kyrie wants to come here regardless. KD almost signed with Boston before GS. If Kyrie does sign here, and KD doesn’t buy into teaming, he easily team with KD/AD in Boston which is a better fit imo. I think Kyrie and KD could mesh but KD and AD would dominate. Plus he’s close to NYC and his business, so it wouldn’t be like he’s in GS being that far from it. Boston is a few hours away.

But I do believe we’re the favorites for KD. I think it happens.

wow quite an in-depth conversation to be had in a crowded basketball arena hallway

and how is KD teaming up with kyrie in Boston? they can’t outright sign him

Boston is a very dysfunctional team right now. We, on the other hand .... :lol:
Free Palestine
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,497

Post#1782 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:09 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
DowNY wrote:Orlando Magic built through the draft. :D

Isaac is in his 2nd year and Bamba is a rookie tho. let's see how it plays out for them.

but since you brought up Orlando... ima just leave this here

Orlando has some nice young players in J.Isaac, A.Gordon, M.Bamba and if M.Fultz can get his confidence back then could have something going.

Yeah and they’re starting to win games too. Their rebuild is starting to pay off
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,339

Post#1783 » by Hes_On_Fire » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:14 pm

Didn’t Perry have a lot of say in some of those Orlando drafts?

He was part of the front office that drafted Hezonja, Elfrid Payton, etc.

Hopefully Mitch will make up for those because Knox is closer to Hezonja than he is to anyone else right now.
New York Knicks franchise W-L record as of 9/2/22 since James L Dolan assumed full ownership (2001):

673-1,007
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#1784 » by taj2133 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:26 pm

Now chris brousard believes that both kyrie and durant are coming nyc this summer starts at 5:30 mark
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,328

Post#1785 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:30 pm

Broussard is mad late jumping on the bandwagon, but am sure he will take credit if it happens. He is the worst.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Newyorknick94
Head Coach
And1: 2,518

Post#1786 » by Newyorknick94 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:34 pm

taj2133 wrote:Now chris brousard believes that both kyrie and durant are coming nyc this summer starts at 5:30 mark

Idk if I would trade Zion for AD either
Legends BAT
G - Penny Hardaway/Mike Bibby
G - Gilbert Arenas / Monta Ellis
F - Julius Erving/John Starks
F - Chris bosh/Danny Granger
C - Dikembe Mutombo
BowlRips
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,836

Post#1787 » by BowlRips » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:35 pm

Simmons on the same pod that mentioned Dolan rumors said "the kyrie situation is all over the place, no one knows, but I haven't met a single person that said KD is not going to the Knicks"
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#1788 » by taj2133 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:47 pm

The Warriors are favored to three-peat this season and feel their team, buoyed by the addition of Boogie Cousins, is in a good place as they enter the final seven weeks of the regular season. Durant’s future, they claim, is not a dark cloud hanging over their season. “We have no idea what he’s going to do,” said one team source. “Everyone wants him to stay. There’s not much more we can sell him on. If he leaves, we’ll think of it as being lucky to have him for three great years.” –
Kevin​ Durant dominated​ Sunday’s All-Star Game​ while the​ buzz​ about his pending free​ agency simply dominated​​ All-Star Weekend in Charlotte. The general consensus among NBA executives, coaches and players is that if Durant were to leave the Golden State Warriors as a free agent in July, his most likely destination would be — wait for it — the New York Knicks. It gets better for fans of the team that plays at Madison Square Garden. The other big story coming out of Charlotte is that Knicks owner James Dolan, according to The Ringer’s Bill Simmons, is “courting offers” to sell the club.
https://theathletic.com/825914/2019/02/19/james-dolan-isnt-selling-the-knicks-just-yet-so-how-does-that-sell-kevin-durant-on-the-knicks/
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,137

Post#1789 » by Tron Carter » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:58 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:sad that you keep ignoring the facts. ima just leave this here. and these aint even updated

none of the injuries you listed are major or even comparable to amare’s degenerative knees so you have no point.

I’m terrified that kyrie bruised his hip in 2017 :roll:

pull up curry’s injury history up too :lol:

how much games did kyrie play in last year's playoffs again? oh yeah. none

who hurt their knee again 2 weeks ago?

IM good on kyrie.

when DSJ embraces his true role as Kyrie’s back up next season it’s going to be glorious :lol:

that is if he isn’t included in a AD trade :o
R.I.P Black Mamba
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1790 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:13 pm

Tron Carter wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
none of the injuries you listed are major or even comparable to amare’s degenerative knees so you have no point.

I’m terrified that kyrie bruised his hip in 2017 :roll:

pull up curry’s injury history up too :lol:

how much games did kyrie play in last year's playoffs again? oh yeah. none

IM good on kyrie.

when DSJ embraces his true role as Kyrie’s back up next season it’s going to be glorious :lol:

Ya it will be glorious when we trade DSJ,Mitch,Frank,Knox and all of our picks for an injury prone player. Sounds like a “lol knicks” plan.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Traveyknicks23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,775

Post#1791 » by Traveyknicks23 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:25 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:how much games did kyrie play in last year's playoffs again? oh yeah. none

IM good on kyrie.

Ya it will be glorious when we trade DSJ,Mitch,Frank,Knox and all of our picks for an injury prone player. Sounds like a “lol knicks” plan.

Meh when the Knicks are competing for a championship this discussion becomes non existent lol
Tron Carter
RealGM

Post#1792 » by Tron Carter » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:25 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:how much games did kyrie play in last year's playoffs again? oh yeah. none

IM good on kyrie.

Holy strawman. You can keep being disengenious in referring to young nba superstars as simply “injury prone” but it’s not helping your argument whatsoever. More “lol knicks” ptsd
R.I.P Black Mamba
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1793 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:27 pm

Traveyknicks23 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:

Meh when the Knicks are competing for a championship this discussion becomes non existent lol

Look, if it happens I’ll be rooting for them to win a chip, like the rest of you guys. I just don’t think it’s smart to gut the team for AD and maxing out Kyrie due to their injury history. If we get them, I hope they stay healthy and it works out for us
Tron Carter
RealGM

Post#1794 » by Tron Carter » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:28 pm

Traveyknicks23 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:

Fans have really got on our high horse with our prospects lately. Literally scoffing at the idea of trading for superstars as if our assets are enough to acquire one in th first place. Let’s bring up those posts when burke was going on his all star mid range jump shot binge and he was the PG of the future. those were fun.
R.I.P Black Mamba
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,891

Post#1795 » by KnixinSix » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:29 pm

Can we get AD here? If we have a top 2 pick (maybe top 3) I think we would have a very strong chance.

Based on reports, I think NO is very high on 2 guys in the draft right now. But by the time the process is over perhaps it'll be 2 of the group from Barrett,Reddish and Morant instead of just 1. The top guy of course is Zion.
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1796 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:29 pm

Tron Carter wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:

Holy strawman. You can keep being disengenious in referring to young nba superstars as simply “injury prone” but it’s not helping your argument whatsoever. More “lol knicks” ptsd

Holy strawman you keep ignoring the facts. Must be fun living in fantasy world.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,178

Post#1797 » by Capn'O » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:31 pm

:o at all the Isaac <3 <3 <3

3toheadmelo wrote:
Traveyknicks23 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Ya it will be glorious when we trade DSJ,Mitch,Frank,Knox and all of our picks for an injury prone player. Sounds like a “lol knicks” plan.

Look, if it happens I’ll be rooting for them to win a chip, like the rest of you guys. I just don’t think it’s smart to gut the team for AD and maxing out Kyrie due to their injury history. If we get them, I hope they stay healthy and it works out for us

Agreed on AD. Don't gut. I think you get Kyrie for the package deal with KD. And who knows - they may only be signing 1+1s anyway. Especially Kyrie who theoretically has some time left.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Tron Carter
RealGM

Post#1798 » by Tron Carter » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:31 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Ya it will be glorious when we trade DSJ,Mitch,Frank,Knox and all of our picks for an injury prone player. Sounds like a “lol knicks” plan.

Holy strawman you keep ignoring the facts. Must be fun living in fantasy world.

a fantasy world where signing kyrie and kd is a bad idea because their “injury prone”. hmm. and what would are you living in facts kellerman?
R.I.P Black Mamba
Tron Carter
RealGM

Post#1799 » by Tron Carter » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:32 pm

there’s no scenario where kyrie comes without kd so that point is mute.
R.I.P Black Mamba
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,178

Post#1800 » by Capn'O » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:33 pm

I really wish we could have a fly on the wall report back on Melo's convo with Durant a few years back where they balled in NYC and it became clear KD wasn't coming here then. He sure seems to be now.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:

Return to New York Knicks