ImageImageImageImageImage

PG Thread: On 8 Mile Road, Trick Trick learned we're in Tank City, not Detroit City (recap pg 12)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Context
RealGM
And1: 11,880

Re: PG Thread: On 8 Mile Road, Trick Trick learned we're in Tank City, not Detroit City 

Post#161 » by Context » Sat Feb 9, 2019 8:31 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:
Read on Twitter

He’s built for New York. Can’t say that a lot for a lot of these players in the league.

I like the kid a lot- second to Mitch...Im just afraid that we'll win more games than we should
and mess up our draft position...
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
Icandoallthings
Senior
And1: 337

Re: PG Thread: On 8 Mile Road, Trick Trick learned we're in Tank City, not Detroit City 

Post#162 » by Icandoallthings » Sat Feb 9, 2019 8:46 am

Still don't believe in the guy. Hope he proves me wrong big time.
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,811

Post#163 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Feb 9, 2019 9:39 am

Using Knox as a spot shooter is such a waste and a central problem.

Knicks offense is stagnant, should be a motion offense though. We should go after Luke Walton. With Smith's shooting deficiencies, there needs to be motion for cuts when he plays with Frank. Knox needs to initiate the pick n roll much more and earlier in the clock while the defense is still getting set. Everything happens too slowly and too late because we don't have the shooters to only be standing around in corners.

We're wasting potential big time so far. That's on the coach.
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,811

Post#164 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Feb 9, 2019 9:54 am

HerSports85 wrote:
F N 11 wrote:“He just be flopping”

And this dude just took the blame for the loss. Wow. Kyrie!?????!!!!!!

Really hope we go after

KD + Kawhi instead

Before DSJR I was all in with Kyrie + KD

It just has to be Kawhi.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,149

Post#165 » by Fat Kat » Sat Feb 9, 2019 11:36 am

kane2021 wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:It's borderline disturbing how some in just a few games now say screw the KD/AD/Irving dream scenario in exchange for building the team around Smith. He's balling no doubt, but this team is straight bad. Posters out here be falling in love with just a wink of an eye.

It’s funny you say that. Because I’ve been wondering why posters are all of a sudden willing to sacrifice the future for win now moves.

And I’m not saying build around smith.

I’m saying get the number one pick.

Meaning go get it if we don’t win it.

It’s too important.

I’m not trading a whole bunch for ad.

A big three with kd and kyrie.

Dreaming and scheming because we been fiening.

Now we looking for reasons to treason what we’ve believed in.

For what?

A couple of stuck up dumb **** that isn’t sure.

Looking for personal allure.

But if it don’t work they hurt.

They want to do this because they movements for individual improvements have been fruitless.

To team up in one place is useless they not proven.

Nothing at all.

History shows when the resentment kicks in they seek replacement friends.

This is a cycle of misery that inexplicably becomes non voluntarily part of our history.

I’m so fed up and exhausted

I question my fandom have I lost it

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
captvict
Sixth Man
And1: 512

Post#166 » by captvict » Sat Feb 9, 2019 11:42 am

Context wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:
Read on Twitter

He’s built for New York. Can’t say that a lot for a lot of these players in the league.

I like the kid a lot- second to Mitch...Im just afraid that we'll win more games than we should
and mess up our draft position...

love this kid...a Westbrook style of play...

Unfortunately I think he will be gone in an AD trade over the summer...especially if the Knicks get Zion as part of that package
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,149

Post#167 » by Fat Kat » Sat Feb 9, 2019 11:55 am

NY2TheBay wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
NY2TheBay wrote:

STAY SOLID

Spoiler:
bandwagon is starting to gain weight

This was two weeks ago :lol:

viewtopic.php?t=1794421

Im talking receipts from two years ago, bruv :lol:

salute tho.

Save me a spot on that bandwagon
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,639

Post#168 » by prophet_of_rage » Sat Feb 9, 2019 12:00 pm

mpharris36 wrote:btw anyone watching the pelicans game?

AD is a freaking beast.
That was messed up that NO was forced to play him.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,093

Post#169 » by Tron Carter » Sat Feb 9, 2019 12:17 pm

nig*as writing haikus now? :lol:
R.I.P Black Mamba
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#170 » by IllmaticHandler » Sat Feb 9, 2019 12:41 pm

E-Balla wrote:Imma need apologies from y'all. Me and Melo are waiting...

When You apologize for THJ first.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,405
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#171 » by E-Balla » Sat Feb 9, 2019 1:05 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:

For what? I said 2 years ago if we didn't sign him or attempt to improve in any way we would lose KP. I was right on with that one too.

The THJr move was always a slight overpay, the justification was that KP was on the first ride out of NY if his supporting cast had no NBA starters in it.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#172 » by IllmaticHandler » Sat Feb 9, 2019 1:12 pm

E-Balla wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

For what? I said 2 years ago if we didn't sign him or attempt to improve in any way we would lose KP. I was right on with that one too.

The THJr move was always a slight overpay, the justification was that KP was on the first ride out of NY if his supporting cast had no NBA starters in it.

Stop it negro :lol: . You was also talking heavily about how he turned the corner as a player. You and Mecca. The only difference is that Mecca admitted he was wrong about THJ in NY. You just like Mecca was writing books on how THJ is different yet I know you wont say you was was wrong about him.
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,401

Post#173 » by BadNewsBarnes » Sat Feb 9, 2019 1:13 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:Using Knox as a spot shooter is such a waste and a central problem.

Knicks offense is stagnant, should be a motion offense though. We should go after Luke Walton. With Smith's shooting deficiencies, there needs to be motion for cuts when he plays with Frank. Knox needs to initiate the pick n roll much more and earlier in the clock while the defense is still getting set. Everything happens too slowly and too late because we don't have the shooters to only be standing around in corners.

We're wasting potential big time so far. That's on the coach.

That's because Fiz is playing a tanking system. Using zones for defense and playing positionless basketball. I have this feeling the system will look entirely different next year.
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
Rodimus921
Veteran
And1: 101

Post#174 » by Rodimus921 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 1:27 pm

Just imagine DSjr Off a Fastbreak with Robinson on his left and Williamson on his right ..
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,149

Post#175 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Feb 9, 2019 1:30 pm

DaGawd wrote:Smiff jr>>>>tinigis pingis

E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,405
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#176 » by E-Balla » Sat Feb 9, 2019 1:36 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

Stop it negro :lol: . You was also talking heavily about how he turned the corner as a player. You and Mecca. The only difference is that Mecca admitted he was wrong about THJ in NY. You just like Mecca was writing books on how THJ is different yet I know you wont say you was was wrong about him.

He did turn the corner. Went from being trash to being average. His first season here he averaged 18/4/3 while playing like you'd expect an average player to play. You're talking to the poster that was comparing him to Evan Fornier I never said anything to make you believe I thought Timmy was anything but an average 2 and he'll be an average 2 in Dallas.

Don't try to overplay it like I was saying Timmy was so great. Dude was a mediocre SG making a little over mediocre SG money. Not a first option so of course he was horrible in that role.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#177 » by IllmaticHandler » Sat Feb 9, 2019 1:39 pm

E-Balla wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
E-Balla wrote:For what? I said 2 years ago if we didn't sign him or attempt to improve in any way we would lose KP. I was right on with that one too.

He did turn the corner. Went from being trash to being average. His first season here he averaged 18/4/3 while playing like you'd expect an average player to play. You're talking to the poster that was comparing him to Evan Fornier I never said anything to make you believe I thought Timmy was anything but an average 2 and he'll be an average 2 in Dallas.

Don't try to overplay it like I was saying Timmy was so great. Dude was a mediocre SG making a little over mediocre SG money. Not a first option so of course he was horrible in that role.

Sure E Balla Sure.... Like I said before getting you to admit anything is pointless. You were always right about THJ.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#178 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Feb 9, 2019 1:39 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:It's borderline disturbing how some in just a few games now say screw the KD/AD/Irving dream scenario in exchange for building the team around Smith. He's balling no doubt, but this team is straight bad. Posters out here be falling in love with just a wink of an eye.

He's nice but of course the team still sucks. I'd consider the idea that Kyrie isn't necessary, but if people are in a hurry to be good, in the "Durant is coming for sure" then they'll need to be another top quality player. DSJr's play opens up the possibility it doesn't have to be Kyrie.

It should probably still be Kyrie.
At least a scenario opens up where it could also be AD, in terms of salary slot, but that feels prohibitive, in terms of assets and players left over. And not so much "Knicks trading all that young talent!" but enough young cost controlled players and picks to kind of tie their hands for 4 years. I saw that during the Melo run. Sure, AD and KD are better, but why put the team in a similar bind? Teams like Toronto and Philly and Boston are making runs but yet STILL have cap space and assets to improve.

Just, it could be Durant and "Mystery FA" not Kyrie, though not sure there's anyone worth it, except Kawhi, and that guy is heading to some SoCal zip code.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#179 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Feb 9, 2019 1:44 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
We might’ve gotten the best player in the trade

And people said we got fleeced :lol:

I mean I think we did. Look at how much KP is avg since the trade....

KP putting up totals of 5 salty tweets and 1 hostage situation since signing with the Mavs.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#180 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Feb 9, 2019 1:47 pm

Fury wrote:How many boards is he averaging? Wanna see how close it is to the 6 KP averages

He's off by 1.1

4.9 (as a Knick) to KP's 6.

All he has to do is Westbrook a rebound away from a teammate a game and they are tied. Since some fans here are already comparing him to Westbrook, it would be the natural thing to do.

Return to New York Knicks