ImageImageImageImageImage

PG Thread: On 8 Mile Road, Trick Trick learned we're in Tank City, not Detroit City (recap pg 12)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 28,830

Re: PG Thread: On 8 Mile Road, Trick Trick learned we're in Tank City, not Detroit City 

Post#241 » by HerSports85 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 4:45 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:Using Knox as a spot shooter is such a waste and a central problem.

Knicks offense is stagnant, should be a motion offense though. We should go after Luke Walton. With Smith's shooting deficiencies, there needs to be motion for cuts when he plays with Frank. Knox needs to initiate the pick n roll much more and earlier in the clock while the defense is still getting set. Everything happens too slowly and too late because we don't have the shooters to only be standing around in corners.

We're wasting potential big time so far. That's on the coach.

Idk about initiating the offense, but I’d def put the ball more in his hands, as well as making him the screener and have him in motion. Hell, even post him up so he can face up against the defender closer to the rim.

Leaving him stranded at the 3PT line minimizes his possible impact.

I agree but he has to definitely work on his footwork. Seems like he’s racking up at least 2 travel calls a game
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
TruthBeTold
Bench Warmer
And1: 423

Re: PG Thread: On 8 Mile Road, Trick Trick learned we're in Tank City, not Detroit City 

Post#242 » by TruthBeTold » Sat Feb 9, 2019 4:46 pm

I always knew what DSJ was capable of. I said he has all star potential years ago. This is why I don't want the Knicks to trade him, because they could be trading away a potential future all star. However, Smith Jr. will NEVER get to an all star level if he is not willing to put in the necessary work to dramatically improve his SHOOTING, while fine tuning his overall PG skills and defense.

The Knicks should focus on trying to get KD and Kawhi during the off season, as DSJ continues to improve his shooting and PG skills. Also, lets hope the Knicks can get a top 3 draft pick. 8-)

Ok, so I'm here typing while watching a video of the game. DSJ is shooting his first 2 free throws of the game. The camera view for the FTs is positioned over the rim, showing DSJ from the front instead of the side. This fool shoots the ball and immediately starts looking up at the trajectory of the ball instead of focusing only on the basket. And after he missed the last FT, he has this funny look on his face that is telling me he is thinking, "oh ****, bad trajectory" :lol: Forget practice, this guy needs a shooting coach. I was a good shooter in high school and I always kept my eyes on the basket when shooting. At least I didn't see the same problem with his jump shot.
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,182

Re: PG Thread: On 8 Mile Road, Trick Trick learned we're in Tank City, not Detroit City (recap pg 12) 

Post#243 » by Garbagelo » Sat Feb 9, 2019 5:06 pm

Knicks should try to bring back Deandre Jordan, he seems to be really helping Mitch

Having a rim protector in the game at all times is pretty paramount to establishing a defensive culture
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Re: PG Thread: On 8 Mile Road, Trick Trick learned we're in Tank City, not Detroit City (recap pg 12) 

Post#244 » by whocares1 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 5:09 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:Since 1/25 which is 8 games. Mitch has not committed more than 3 fouls in any game.... Dude has really toned down.

Sounds like development is going on..
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 28,830

Post#245 » by HerSports85 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 5:34 pm

Read on Twitter
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
Anotha Knicks fan
Head Coach
And1: 1,333

Post#246 » by Anotha Knicks fan » Sat Feb 9, 2019 5:45 pm

Triple C wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not for nothing, but I like how our young guys are accomplishing stats like this for us, instead of teams doing it against us, for once.

Also, I hope Fiz is just getting his break wet, and is tinkering with the lineups and play time now, while he has the opportunity (with nothing to lose but games) and realizes he needs to do better once the games count. I'd hate to have to look forward to another coach change, and have to go through that season's associated growing pains.
Join me in welcoming in the new Era of our basketball team:

The New York Mediocrebockers!
Blockwatcher
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,174

Post#247 » by Blockwatcher » Sat Feb 9, 2019 6:19 pm

youth movement feels more real by the day
1 John 2 : 15-17
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,100

Post#248 » by sol537 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 6:25 pm

I would not be opposed to a starting lineup of Jordan (mid-level), KD, Kawhi, Frank, and DSJr with the youth Mitch, Knox, and Trier off the bench.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#249 » by dakomish23 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 7:09 pm

sol537 wrote:I would not be opposed to a starting lineup of Jordan (mid-level), KD, Kawhi, Frank, and DSJr with the youth Mitch, Knox, and Trier off the bench.

Good to know that you wouldn’t be opposed to us signing a top 5 player and another top 10 player

We’ll let Mills & Perry know :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,015

Post#250 » by Besart19 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 10:43 pm

Irving / Smith
Beal / Ntilikina
Durant / Dotson
Williamson / Knox
Jordan / Robinson

If Perry puts this together he deserves a lifetime contract from Dolan
Strength and Honour!
CoolKids
RealGM
And1: 2,648

Post#251 » by CoolKids » Sat Feb 9, 2019 11:09 pm

Besart19 wrote:Irving / Smith
Beal / Ntilikina
Durant / Dotson
Williamson / Knox
Jordan / Robinson

Where is Beal coming from?
Blockwatcher
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,174

Post#252 » by Blockwatcher » Sat Feb 9, 2019 11:44 pm

CoolKids wrote:
Besart19 wrote:Irving / Smith
Beal / Ntilikina
Durant / Dotson
Williamson / Knox
Jordan / Robinson

Where is Beal coming from?

Besart magic
1 John 2 : 15-17
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,517

Post#254 » by Chanel Bomber » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:51 am

So refreshing seeing a Knicks point guard going north-south and making exciting plays.

Return to New York Knicks