ImageImageImageImageImage

If we’re building youth... why go for Kyrie? #TEAMDSJr or #TEAMKyrie

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Team Dennis Smith Jr or Team Kyrie?

Keep Smith. Keep the youngsters and look to sign Middleton/Durant.
17%
Trade Smith + Knox + Mitch + Picks for AD, sign Kyrie & KD
54%
Do nothing and continue the rebuild. Sign players to one year deals.
29%

Total votes: 63

Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,977

Re: If we’re building youth... why go for Kyrie? #TEAMDSJr or #TEAMKyrie 

Post#121 » by Fury » Sat Feb 9, 2019 10:40 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Fury wrote:Love what DSJR is doing but come on. Kyrie brings not only Kyrie but KD and maybe AD.

I know KD is a big fan of DSJ. I used to post all these quotes of stars talking up smiff in the BAF threads last year. If DSJ keeps balling like this, these guys would def want to play with him if u ask me. I personally don’t care if they dont come tho... I wanna rebuild

But if Kyrie, Durant and Davis is possible, what rebuilding plan would be better than that trio? That’s as good as it gets
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#122 » by DowNY » Sat Feb 9, 2019 10:53 pm

2 max spots means we’re pushing for big fish. Big Fish means that plan A is to go for it now and the near future. Not to rebuild. That’s fallback.
DowNY
RealGM

Post#123 » by DowNY » Sat Feb 9, 2019 10:54 pm

Perry acquiring 2 1st and DSJr (3 assets in total) while acquiring cap space was pure genius. Like I said last. Iight, let’s play DSJ all the way to the point his value is competing with Tatum. Let that man hit 30 as many times as he needs.
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,125

Post#124 » by Juco24 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 11:05 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Fury wrote:Love what DSJR is doing but come on. Kyrie brings not only Kyrie but KD and maybe AD.

I know KD is a big fan of DSJ. I used to post all these quotes of stars talking up smiff in the BAF threads last year. If DSJ keeps balling like this, these guys would def want to play with him if u ask me. I personally don’t care if they dont come tho... I wanna rebuild

Good info! I didn't know that. I knew/know how Bron feels but not KD. Thanks for sharing
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#125 » by newyorker4ever » Sat Feb 9, 2019 11:06 pm

Kristaps6_NYK wrote:DSJr is an emerging star, 21 years old. Still so much to prove. Doesn’t cost as much, doesn’t have as much bumps and bruises on his body. Granted Kyrie is a HOF player, hit a legendary shot that won the Cavs a title. But we’re building a young culture. Kyrie has that New York mentality.

Hypothetically speaking, if we can get Zion, think of that hype between DSJr/Zion... then you can make deals for someone like Beal and sign KD.

It doesn’t get any better than this right now. Good times :nod:

Knicks fans just cried about D.Rose when he was here and now you want an even worse D.Rose to be our new PG? DSJ can't be a starting PG on a winning team. Now put him on a bad team like this Knicks team and watch him score a bunch of points taking it to the basket but zero defense and bad shooting even at the free throw line.

Yeah i think i'll go with Kyrie.
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Re: If we’re building youth... why go for Kyrie? 

Post#126 » by newyorker4ever » Sat Feb 9, 2019 11:18 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:
Kristaps6_NYK wrote:The kid is the truth, he’s built for this. He’s built for NYC. Let’s stay course and if we do go big on FA let it be else that doesn’t include a point guard.
Kyrie's better and is probably interested so no sane GM would pass that up. DSJ is a trade asset in a blockbuster deal. Probably not for AD, but some other star player on a team going nowhere. Someone like Blake Griffin.

im thinking bradley beal

DSJ, Knox, and Frank for Bradley Beal

Kyrie, Beal, KD, Zion, and Mitch 8-) 8-) 8-)

You better add some draft picks in that deal for B.Beal. At least one 1st and one 2nd....at least.
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Post#127 » by whocares1 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 11:23 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
Kristaps6_NYK wrote:DSJr is an emerging star, 21 years old. Still so much to prove. Doesn’t cost as much, doesn’t have as much bumps and bruises on his body. Granted Kyrie is a HOF player, hit a legendary shot that won the Cavs a title. But we’re building a young culture. Kyrie has that New York mentality.

Hypothetically speaking, if we can get Zion, think of that hype between DSJr/Zion... then you can make deals for someone like Beal and sign KD.

Knicks fans just cried about D.Rose when he was here and now you want an even worse D.Rose to be our new PG? DSJ can't be a starting PG on a winning team. Now put him on a bad team like this Knicks team and watch him score a bunch of points taking it to the basket but zero defense and bad shooting even at the free throw line.

He’s not like Derrick Rose. DSJ finds teammates both in the half court and fast break situations. I’d say he’s more Eric Bledsoe than Derrick Rose.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,583

Re: If we’re building youth... why go for Kyrie? 

Post#128 » by mpharris36 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 11:24 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:Kyrie's better and is probably interested so no sane GM would pass that up. DSJ is a trade asset in a blockbuster deal. Probably not for AD, but some other star player on a team going nowhere. Someone like Blake Griffin.

im thinking bradley beal

DSJ, Knox, and Frank for Bradley Beal

Kyrie, Beal, KD, Zion, and Mitch 8-) 8-) 8-)

You better add some draft picks in that deal for B.Beal. At least one 1st and one 2nd....at least.

im sure there might be added draft compensation but im keeping mitch and the #1 pick out of the deal. Both I assume would be in the pelicans deal. So that is why I am using Beal as a alternative 3rd piece if we land #1 and don't want to trade it for AD.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#129 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Feb 9, 2019 11:31 pm

Going too far trying to get three stars together. Cause if it don't win it all and really that's what they'd have to do to justify it, it will make the team look stupid as hell for doing so.

Cap space for the star power, leave the youth pick etc for the depth. No davis, no beal.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#130 » by mpharris36 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 11:42 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:Going too far trying to get three stars together. Cause if it don't win it all and really that's what they'd have to do to justify it, it will make the team look stupid as hell for doing so.

Cap space for the star power, leave the youth pick etc for the depth. No davis, no beal.

i just think dsj and knox roles will be super depreciated with Kyrie and Durant who are super versions of each player.

Yes I understand the injury risk but Beal is what only 25 yrs old? You can easily find a vet PG for depth as insurance rather than depreciating an asset like DSJ to a 15-20 minute bench role.

Kyrie and Durant if they team up will want to win right away and its not like the team would have no youth.

Zion, Mitch, Trier, Dotson...all our picks + potential Dallas picks. It would still have a relatively young core of depth.

Its a difficult position because for example kyrie is complaining about the celtics youth not being ready to win. I'm not sure him and Durant would be uber patient if the young bucks aren't contributor to that level right away. Its a good probablem to have if we can cash in on the stars in FA and leave our young players and picks as either contributing pieces or trade assets. Its a good problem to have.

ROSTER

Juco24
Lead Assistant

Post#131 » by Juco24 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 11:48 pm

Isn't even more speculation that KD wants to play Kyrie? At least there's legit reasoning for KD but this talk about KD wanting KI to join him? Where's it coming from? Word is that KD wants his own team... and with that being said I know KI stated he wanted to be The Man. All speculation but I'm thinking KD might consider us without KI
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#132 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Feb 9, 2019 11:51 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:Going too far trying to get three stars together. Cause if it don't win it all and really that's what they'd have to do to justify it, it will make the team look stupid as hell for doing so.

i just think dsj and knox roles will be super depreciated with Kyrie and Durant who are super versions of each player.

Yes I understand the injury risk but Beal is what only 25 yrs old? You can easily find a vet PG for depth as insurance rather than depreciating an asset like DSJ to a 15-20 minute bench role.

Kyrie and Durant if they team up will want to win right away and its not like the team would have no youth.

Zion, Mitch, Trier, Dotson...all our picks + potential Dallas picks. It would still have a relatively young core of depth.

Its a difficult position because for example kyrie is complaining about the celtics youth not being ready to win. I'm not sure him and Durant would be uber patient if the young bucks aren't contributor to that level right away. Its a good probablem to have if we can cash in on the stars in FA and leave our young players and picks as either contributing pieces or trade assets. Its a good problem to have.

Kyrie should quit complaining and actually help those guys move forward, especially considering that team made the ECF WITHOUT him.

The injury is a major issue for me. KD will be over 30 and Kyrie and AD are always miss considerable time.

If it aint cap space used only, i'm just not down. Sorry.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#133 » by mpharris36 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 11:56 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Kyrie should quit complaining and actually help those guys move forward, especially considering that team made the ECF WITHOUT him.

The injury is a major issue for me. KD will be over 30 and Kyrie and AD are always miss considerable time.

If it aint cap space used only, i'm just not down. Sorry.

hey, I totally get it. It would be a risk. Im just thinking if I was in that position and I could immensley improve my team with a young all-star caliber player who fits perfectly next to my two big dogs it would tough to turn down for the "potential" of an injury. Even though I completely understand that POV.

Needless to say if we can get Kyrie and KD its tough to go wrong after that.

ROSTER

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,387

Post#134 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Feb 9, 2019 11:56 pm

Fury wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

But if Kyrie, Durant and Davis is possible, what rebuilding plan would be better than that trio? That’s as good as it gets

Can’t argue with that haha. I’m cool with either scenario
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,387

Post#135 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Feb 9, 2019 11:59 pm

Juco24 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

Good info! I didn't know that. I knew/know how Bron feels but not KD. Thanks for sharing

A bunch of stars think of DSJ highly. If I can find my old posts in the baf threads, I’ll post them
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#136 » by newyorker4ever » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:40 am

whocares1 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

He’s not like Derrick Rose. DSJ finds teammates both in the half court and fast break situations. I’d say he’s more Eric Bledsoe than Derrick Rose.

Bledsoe can shoot better then DSJ especially free throws (haha) and plays defense soooooooooo......Huh?
Juco24
Lead Assistant

Post#137 » by Juco24 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:40 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
Juco24 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:I know KD is a big fan of DSJ. I used to post all these quotes of stars talking up smiff in the BAF threads last year. If DSJ keeps balling like this, these guys would def want to play with him if u ask me. I personally don’t care if they dont come tho... I wanna rebuild

A bunch of stars think of DSJ highly. If I can find my old posts in the baf threads, I’ll post them

I was hoping you'd say that :thumbsup:
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,015

Post#138 » by Besart19 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:00 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
Juco24 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:I know KD is a big fan of DSJ. I used to post all these quotes of stars talking up smiff in the BAF threads last year. If DSJ keeps balling like this, these guys would def want to play with him if u ask me. I personally don’t care if they dont come tho... I wanna rebuild

He is our Oladipo, and the latter had much more broken J in first couple of seasons in NBa
Strength and Honour!
Juco24
Lead Assistant

Post#139 » by Juco24 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:11 am

I've wanted Kyrie on the Knicks for forever... but now... @ the very time it seems possible, I'm hoping the Knicks resist the temptation and spend the money on KD and lesser contracts; hoping to make a run at AD the next year. Yes I'm being greedy but also patient. Imagine a AD/KD/Zion front court. Lol

Regardless of that I think DSJ will only get better! I like the oladipo late bloomer comparison
DowNY
RealGM

Post#140 » by DowNY » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:15 am

Juco24 wrote:I've wanted Kyrie on the Knicks for forever... but now... @ the very time it seems possible, I'm hoping the Knicks resist the temptation and spend the money on KD and lesser contracts; hoping to make a run at AD the next year. Yes I'm being greedy but also patient. Imagine a AD/KD/Zion front court. Lol

Regardless of that I think DSJ will only get better! I like the oladipo late bloomer comparison

We tried to trade Porzingis for AD before the deadline. I think we will be just as aggressive in offseason.

That also means Knicks were fine with just 2 big names.

Return to New York Knicks