ImageImageImageImageImage

PG Thread: Runnin thru the 6 with my tanks.

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Re: PG Thread: Runnin thru the 6 with my tanks. 

Post#201 » by br7knicks » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:15 pm

Smith missed a lot of shots, but at least most are good shots, and he keeps attacking the basket.

I like what I'm seeing.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#202 » by newyorker4ever » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:16 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:Fun game!!!!!!

Love our young core of Dsjr Knox and Mitch!!!!!

DON'T LET GO OF THE ROPE!!!!!!

ON THE ROAD TO 10-72!!!!!!!

What is it you loved about DSJ and Knox in that game?
cuyankees
Veteran
And1: 1,274

Post#203 » by cuyankees » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:17 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
cuyankees wrote:In the spirit of DSJ > Kyrie, curious where the RJ > Zion posts are? RJ had a way better game today
I do privately believe this.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

So publicly? :)

Joke aside, have heard this plenty of times from people that scout/coach for a living.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,674

Post#204 » by mpharris36 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:20 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
cuyankees wrote:In the spirit of DSJ > Kyrie, curious where the RJ > Zion posts are? RJ had a way better game today

B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,653

Re: FA/Trade Rumors & Discussion - Durant, Kyrie, AD, etc 

Post#205 » by prophet_of_rage » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:20 pm

cuyankees wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:

Joke aside, have heard this plenty of times from people that scout/coach for a living.
Yeah, I just believe RJ has a real NBA position and ability to raise his level in big games. I feel like this is going to be a whoever gets number 2 will be thebreal winner. No pressure of the Zion hype and will get a fantastoc player.

Sent from my SM-N950W using RealGM mobile app
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#206 » by newyorker4ever » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:21 pm

Knick4Real wrote:Um... is anybody else having serious doubts about Kawhi?? :roll:

Hellz no. The guy just averaged 30 in January and still plays top level defense.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#207 » by prophet_of_rage » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:23 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:

Face palm all you want. A 6'7, 290 lbs undersized power forward playing 82 games with no half court skills .... college is a game where bigs shine and wings suffer. The NBA is different.

Remember Oden vs Durant. Nobody believed Durant was better than Oden is college, but come the pros.... different story. And Oden was better than Zion.

cuyankees
Veteran

Post#208 » by cuyankees » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:27 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
cuyankees wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:I do privately believe this.

Yeah, I just believe RJ has a real NBA position and ability to raise his level in big games. I feel like this is going to be a whoever gets number 2 will be thebreal winner. No pressure of the Zion hype and will get a fantastoc player.

Use the 6 year bust rule as my excuse bc actually talking basketball here is pointless.

Trying to keep an open mind to Zion, but more flags for my liking.
cuyankees
Veteran

Post#209 » by cuyankees » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:29 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Face palm all you want. A 6'7, 290 lbs undersized power forward playing 82 games with no half court skills .... college is a game where bigs shine and wings suffer. The NBA is different.

Remember Oden vs Durant. Nobody believed Durant was better than Oden is college, but come the pros.... different story. And Oden was better than Zion.

Uhhh boy, you done did it
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#210 » by prophet_of_rage » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:30 pm

cuyankees wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
cuyankees wrote:So publicly? :)

Use the 6 year rule as my excuse bc actually talking basketball here is pointless.

We do have terrible mods these days. But I shall continue to talk basketball which is still a game of position and skill as much as athleticism. Yes Zion has otherworldly athleticism, but I'm not sold on the hype train. But I'm 46 and have seen a ton of college prospects get overrated and saw the marvel of Bowie over Jordan with no one blinking an eye.

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,352

Post#211 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:31 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

This is a better, more skilled player than Zion, more suited to achieve in how the game was/is played?

Not really seeing it.

To your point, I mean, yeah, in these clips Oden is just overpowering C's that are not representative of what he'll see in the pros. And I try to consider when Zion is just manhandling less physical college players for points etc. There is some of that. In spite of that, Zion appears to be a much more well rounded, fluid player, fully capable of guarding "the incredible shrinking 4's" in the NBA today, while being able to take advantage of quite a few inside. Obviously Zion is currently lacking the outside shot to be a prototypical 4 in today's game, but seems to be coming along there. Anyway, RJ's no slouch and is consensus #2 for most. I could buy they are closer than he gets credit for.
RealGM
And1: 39,218

Post#212 » by 2010 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:32 pm

F N 11 wrote:One thing that can’t be overlooked is all the guards finally looking for Kevin....

With Tim, Kanter, and Burke gone he is higher on the totem pole.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#213 » by newyorker4ever » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:32 pm

Newyorknick94 wrote:Mitch getting better by the game

He's looking just like a young Clint Capela which is who i've been comparing him to the whole time. Hopefully by the end of the year they'll let him start practicing at getting better with his short shot from 8-10 feet from the basket and some turn arounds.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#214 » by prophet_of_rage » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:34 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

This is a better, more skilled player than Zion, more suited to achieve in how the game was/is played?

Not really seeing it.
You don't see the footwork, the jump hook, the seal, the rebounding in traffic, the explosive first jump for a legit 7 footer?

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,352

Post#215 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:37 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:Face palm all you want. A 6'7, 290 lbs undersized power forward playing 82 games with no half court skills .... college is a game where bigs shine and wings suffer. The NBA is different.

Not really seeing it.
You don't see the footwork, the jump hook, the seal, the rebounding in traffic, the explosive first jump for a legit 7 footer?

Those are all good. They also look more ordinary to the skills Zion brings as a 4.

Plus you yourself said his skills were amplified by playing subpar college competition. So rebounding and sealing against guys he is physically overmatching isn't that impressive. Nice jump hook though...
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#216 » by prophet_of_rage » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:39 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Not really seeing it.

Those are all good. They also look more ordinary to the skills Zion brings as a 4.
What does Zion bring as a 4. He doesn't have range, a tight handle or a real go to move. He can jump out the gym against 6'8 guys and run the floor.

newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#217 » by newyorker4ever » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:40 pm

BKlutch wrote:
CDAZ wrote:Dsj love affair over or is there still a line to get on the bus?

As Fiz said, he was tired on the second game of a back to back. He played a lot of minutes last game and he's (?)19.

No 19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28 year old is gonna be tired in any back to back game and even suggesting it is absolutely ridiculous.
cuyankees
Veteran

Post#218 » by cuyankees » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:43 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
cuyankees wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:Yeah, I just believe RJ has a real NBA position and ability to raise his level in big games. I feel like this is going to be a whoever gets number 2 will be thebreal winner. No pressure of the Zion hype and will get a fantastoc player.

Use the 6 year rule as my excuse bc actually talking basketball here is pointless.

We do have terrible mods these days. But I shall continue to talk basketball which is still a game of position and skill as much as athleticism. Yes Zion has otherworldly athleticism, but I'm not sold on the hype train. But I'm 46 and have seen a ton of college prospects get overrated and saw the marvel of Bowie over Jordan with no one blinking an eye.

Mod situation is such a wide variance from actual eyes for talent and sensibility to simple KT repeaters, it's like RGM has a mod quota that must let in headscratchers.

Luka, Exhibit A. Confident you'll find a strong correlation btwn Luka detractors pre draft to Zion cheerleaders.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,934

Post#219 » by F N 11 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:44 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
CDAZ wrote:Dsj love affair over or is there still a line to get on the bus?

As Fiz said, he was tired on the second game of a back to back. He played a lot of minutes last game and he's (?)19.

No 19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28 year old is gonna be tired in any back to back game and even suggesting it is absolutely ridiculous.

Stfu and let the kid grow. Jesus the whole team suffers. Each game y’all just nag nag and nag. It’s not even criticism it’s nagging. If you watched the game he had makeable shots which suggest fatigue. I can’t imagjne how pros feel on a back to back when I’m sore the next day after playing ball.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#220 » by NoLayupRule » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:47 pm

This was the most entertaining and best played game I can remember this season

Nice growth and quality from the guys
Jordan is a very likable knick
Robinson is exploding before our eyes
And dsj looked very nice out there despite his shooting struggles

Return to New York Knicks