ImageImageImageImageImage

Fiz & Knox's Message for NY Fans Who Think Knicks are TANKING...

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Re: Fiz & Knox's Message for NY Fans Who Think Knicks are TANKING... 

Post#101 » by dakomish23 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:26 pm

drekwins wrote:The sad part is that Knox is supposed to be a better offensive player than Ntilikina... yet their rookie FG%'s are just about the same. Frank is the far superior player in every other area of the game. How come Frank sees the bench and Knox starts? Re-enforcing terrible play.

Crazy that in a rebuild our kids get DNPs.

I get the offense can stall b/c teams go under and dare Frank to shoot. I still think everything else he brings to the table warrants him being out there.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#102 » by taj2133 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:56 pm

drekwins wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
taj2133 wrote:You can't be serious with this post frank can't do the offensive stuff that knox can do if frank did that the knicks would have traded for dsj. Frank is very bad offensive player and that's just being nice, knox has lot more of plate then frank has to do. Frank never going to be go to guy for scoring like knox has to do this season, also how many times have frank been in trade rumors more then any knick player, and knox hasn't been in any trade rumors. You need to get your facts right.

Frank's a very bad offensive player, and Knox is almost as bad. Taking more shots at a similar FG% doesn't make you better, it just makes you more of a chucker

I find it funny how often you parrot Frank's shooting percentages to prove that he sucks, yet you can't handle the fact that Knox is just as inefficient. At the very least, Frank's a good defensive player while Knox is one of the worst defensive players in the league

Really just seems like you have an irrational hatred for Frank for whatever reason, seeing as he's pretty much the only person you post about. Find a hobby or something, man

Exactly.

This special type of craziness because frank isn't the better prospect then knox not even debatable who want on your team like many nba gm would take knox over frank. Frank isn't the offensive player that knox is and not even close, frank has scored zero 8 times season lost his starting job because his offensive game was so bad. The knicks traded for dennis smith because frank and other point guard couldn't produce. Further more i don't think the knicks trade for dennis smith if frank produce more like average 10 points and 5 assist . Frank can't put up those numbers knox is put up because if he could everybody would be hype including knicks front office.
cuyankees
Veteran
And1: 1,274

Post#103 » by cuyankees » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:04 pm

taj2133 wrote:
drekwins wrote:
K-DOT wrote:Frank's a very bad offensive player, and Knox is almost as bad. Taking more shots at a similar FG% doesn't make you better, it just makes you more of a chucker

I find it funny how often you parrot Frank's shooting percentages to prove that he sucks, yet you can't handle the fact that Knox is just as inefficient. At the very least, Frank's a good defensive player while Knox is one of the worst defensive players in the league

Really just seems like you have an irrational hatred for Frank for whatever reason, seeing as he's pretty much the only person you post about. Find a hobby or something, man

Exactly.

This special type of craziness because frank isn't the better prospect then knox not even debatable who want on your team like many nba gm would take knox over frank. Frank isn't the offensive player that knox is and not even close, frank has scored zero 8 times season lost his starting job because his offensive game was so bad. The knicks traded for dennis smith because frank and other point guard couldn't produce. Further more i don't think the knicks trade for dennis smith if frank produce more like average 10 points and 5 assist . Frank can't put up those numbers knox is put up because if he could everybody would be hype including knicks front office.

Frank has been disappointing, but think you’d be surprised. Value wise, doubt there’s a huge difference btwn the 2 especially after seeing Fultz get 2 picks.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,298

Post#104 » by DOT » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:05 pm

taj2133 wrote:
drekwins wrote:
K-DOT wrote:Frank's a very bad offensive player, and Knox is almost as bad. Taking more shots at a similar FG% doesn't make you better, it just makes you more of a chucker

Exactly.

The only special type of craziness is you consistently going out of your way to bash Frank, yet failing to acknowledge similar faults in Knox, like how you have repeatedly used Frank's FG% as a negative, but ignore Knox's low FG%

The other special type of craziness is you constantly pulling opinions out of your ass and presenting them as facts or opinions of other people in order to give them more weight
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,688

Post#105 » by shtolky » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:08 pm

taj2133 wrote:
drekwins wrote:

Exactly.

I think you're missing the point of the KP trade, but it's not surprising you think we actively traded for Dennis Smith to replace Frank because he isn't averaging 10 points and 5 assists per game. Dennis Smith was a bonus aspect of the deal and arguably the least attractive piece we got in the trade, not the main component.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#106 » by DOT » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:12 pm

shtolky wrote:
taj2133 wrote:
drekwins wrote:
Exactly.

I think you're missing the point of the KP trade, but it's not surprising you think we actively traded for Dennis Smith to replace Frank because he isn't averaging 10 points and 5 assists per game. Dennis Smith was a bonus aspect of the deal and arguably the least attractive piece we got in the trade, not the main component.

I think he was the main component in that we found the best deal we could that accomplished all our needs, one of which being get a good young player back, that being DSJ.

The thinking isn't "we need to replace Frank" like taj wants it to be, it's "this kid DSJ is pretty good, and we can slot him in with the rest of the young players" because Frank's gonna be the SG from now on, as evidenced by Mills saying him and DSJ will play together
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
taj2133
General Manager

Post#107 » by taj2133 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:14 pm

K-DOT wrote:
taj2133 wrote:
drekwins wrote:
Exactly.

The only special type of craziness is you consistently going out of your way to bash Frank, yet failing to acknowledge similar faults in Knox, like how you have repeatedly used Frank's FG% as a negative, but ignore Knox's low FG%

The other special type of craziness is you constantly pulling opinions out of your ass and presenting them as facts or opinions of other people in order to give them more weight

I understand knox has his faults he could try to be better defensive player and better rebounder if his offensive game isn't working but i work less concerned with him developing then frank . Every category frank has been down except for his scoring stayed at 5.9 that should be up, i would be disappointed if knox was putting the numbers frank was putting up this season. I think the special craziness for frank lovers can't recognize his faults at all can't admit they were wrong about him.
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,688

Post#108 » by shtolky » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:16 pm

K-DOT wrote:
shtolky wrote:
taj2133 wrote:This special type of craziness because frank isn't the better prospect then knox not even debatable who want on your team like many nba gm would take knox over frank. Frank isn't the offensive player that knox is and not even close, frank has scored zero 8 times season lost his starting job because his offensive game was so bad. The knicks traded for dennis smith because frank and other point guard couldn't produce. Further more i don't think the knicks trade for dennis smith if frank produce more like average 10 points and 5 assist . Frank can't put up those numbers knox is put up because if he could everybody would be hype including knicks front office.

I think he was the main component in that we found the best deal we could that accomplished all our needs, one of which being get a good young player back, that being DSJ.

The thinking isn't "we need to replace Frank" like taj wants it to be, it's "this kid DSJ is pretty good, and we can slot him in with the rest of the young players" because Frank's gonna be the SG from now on, as evidenced by Mills saying him and DSJ will play together

Yea I simply meant the ranking as far as which component was best for the team would go:

1) Cap space by a country mile
2) The picks
3) DSJ

But as you said, Taj makes it out to be as if we actively sought Frank's replacement rather than DSJ being a very good component to an excellent trade. Really wonder why he hates Frank that much, it's bizarre at this point. I like Knox and I can admit he's been bad, hit the rookie wall, and needs massive improvement. Frank does as well, but these are 19 and 20 year old kids we are talking about.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#109 » by DOT » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:19 pm

taj2133 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
taj2133 wrote:This special type of craziness because frank isn't the better prospect then knox not even debatable who want on your team like many nba gm would take knox over frank. Frank isn't the offensive player that knox is and not even close, frank has scored zero 8 times season lost his starting job because his offensive game was so bad. The knicks traded for dennis smith because frank and other point guard couldn't produce. Further more i don't think the knicks trade for dennis smith if frank produce more like average 10 points and 5 assist . Frank can't put up those numbers knox is put up because if he could everybody would be hype including knicks front office.

I understand knox has his faults he could try to be better defensive player and better rebounder if his offensive game isn't working but i work less concerned with him developing then frank . Every category frank has been down except for his scoring stayed at 5.9 that should be up, i would be disappointed if knox was putting the numbers frank was putting up this season. I think the special craziness for frank lovers can't recognize his faults at all can't admit they were wrong about him.

So, it's just about raw ppg with you, you're one of those people. Doesn't matter than Knox is just as inefficient as Frank, because he puts up more points, he has to be much better

I mean, I can't argue with that because you fundamentally won't be able to understand why your point is wrong. And you're projecting the idea that people can't recognize his faults, pretty much everyone acknowledges them, you just can't admit that they do because you're trying to gaslight the conversation to make yourself seem the reasonable person while the other side are irrational and unable to see the bad while you see things for what they are

Knox's offensive game sucks right now. Almost as bad as Frank's. That's the facts, but you're just looking at ppg and coming to conclusions
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#110 » by DOT » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:22 pm

shtolky wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
shtolky wrote:

Yea I simply meant the ranking as far as which component was best for the team would go:

2) The picks
3) DSJ

But as you said, Taj makes it out to be as if we actively sought Frank's replacement rather than DSJ being a very good component to an excellent trade. Really wonder why he hates Frank that much, it's bizarre at this point. I like Knox and I can admit he's been bad, hit the rookie wall, and needs massive improvement. Frank does as well, but these are 19 and 20 year old kids we are talking about.

Exactly

They're both projects, give them both time. I really don't care what the overall results of the season are, I just want to see flashes from them, which I have so far. If they're still like this in 2, 3 years then yeah, I'll sour on them, but they're both still within the lines of getting a pass from me

It's bizarre that some people treat them differently from each other. I can't see how you make excuses for one and not for the other
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

taj2133
General Manager

Post#111 » by taj2133 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:23 pm

shtolky wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
shtolky wrote:

2) The picks
3) DSJ

Do you guys actually think that frank is going to start at shooting guard the final 25 games i don't think so, i think its dotson job to loose. If the knicks get kevin durant and kyrie irving mostly all our young players are gone including frank because you need guys that can shoot the ball, it would be same thing the sixers did fultz trade him away because it will be win know.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#112 » by DOT » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:32 pm

taj2133 wrote:
shtolky wrote:
K-DOT wrote:I think he was the main component in that we found the best deal we could that accomplished all our needs, one of which being get a good young player back, that being DSJ.

2) The picks
3) DSJ

Do you guys actually think that frank is going to start at shooting guard the final 25 games i don't think so, i think its dotson job to loose. If the knicks get kevin durant and kyrie irving mostly all our young players are gone including frank because you need guys that can shoot the ball, it would be same thing the sixers did fultz trade him away because it will be win know.

You do know that they can start Dotson, Frank and DSJ at the same time, right?

You seem to have a poor grasp on the concept of positional flexibility as well
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

taj2133
General Manager

Post#113 » by taj2133 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:34 pm

K-DOT wrote:
shtolky wrote:
K-DOT wrote:I think he was the main component in that we found the best deal we could that accomplished all our needs, one of which being get a good young player back, that being DSJ.

2) The picks
3) DSJ

Exactly

They're both projects, give them both time. I really don't care what the overall results of the season are, I just want to see flashes from them, which I have so far. If they're still like this in 2, 3 years then yeah, I'll sour on them, but they're both still within the lines of getting a pass from me

It's bizarre that some people treat them differently from each other. I can't see how you make excuses for one and not for the other

So many people make excuse for frank on this board when he has crappy games and can't admit it at all , when comes to knox people on this board bash the chit for bad games and won't never do this to frank. The exuses for frank when he has bad games , he young or my favorite he from different country, or fizdale hates him. The excuses for knox when he has a bad game, he tommy junior, or he not the next kevin durant not even close.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,445

Post#114 » by robillionaire » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:37 pm

Frank should also be playing the same amount of minutes as Knox with the same amount of rope given. DSJ Frank Knox (idgaf) Mitch. All big minutes
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#115 » by DOT » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:39 pm

taj2133 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
shtolky wrote:

2) The picks
3) DSJ

Exactly

So many people make excuse for frank on this board when he has crappy games and can't admit it at all , when comes to knox people on this board bash the chit for bad games and won't never do this to frank. The exuses for frank when he has bad games , he young or my favorite he from different country, or fizdale hates him. The excuses for knox when he has a bad game, he tommy junior, or he not the next kevin durant not even close.

Holy persecution complex Batman

Absolutely none of that is true, but good try. You get a bronze star for effort
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

taj2133
General Manager

Post#116 » by taj2133 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:40 pm

K-DOT wrote:
taj2133 wrote:
shtolky wrote:

2) The picks
3) DSJ

Lets be real here you know fizdale isn't going play that line up dsj, frank ,dotson and fizdale like traditional line ups.
taj2133
General Manager

Post#117 » by taj2133 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:41 pm

K-DOT wrote:
taj2133 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:Exactly

I beg to differ but okay believe in what you want believe in.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#118 » by DOT » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:46 pm

taj2133 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
taj2133 wrote:Do you guys actually think that frank is going to start at shooting guard the final 25 games i don't think so, i think its dotson job to loose. If the knicks get kevin durant and kyrie irving mostly all our young players are gone including frank because you need guys that can shoot the ball, it would be same thing the sixers did fultz trade him away because it will be win know.

Lets be real here you know fizdale isn't going play that line up dsj, frank ,dotson and fizdale like traditional line ups.

You say that like Fiz hasn't been running 3 guards out there this whole season, and didn't just play Allen and DSJ for long stretches last game. He absolutely likes non-traditional lineups, but I guess you have a narrative to spin, so facts don't matter
taj2133 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
taj2133 wrote:So many people make excuse for frank on this board when he has crappy games and can't admit it at all , when comes to knox people on this board bash the chit for bad games and won't never do this to frank. The exuses for frank when he has bad games , he young or my favorite he from different country, or fizdale hates him. The excuses for knox when he has a bad game, he tommy junior, or he not the next kevin durant not even close.

I beg to differ but okay believe in what you want believe in.

It's not about belief, it's about facts. And the fact is, you're obsessed with Frank. So much so that even in games he doesn't play, you still feel the need to bring him up. It's kind of weird, you really need to get a hobby
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,411

Post#119 » by BallSacBounce » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:50 pm

K-DOT wrote:
shtolky wrote:

The thinking isn't "we need to replace Frank" like taj wants it to be, it's "this kid DSJ is pretty good, and we can slot him in with the rest of the young players" because Frank's gonna be the Non-SG from now on, as evidenced by Mills saying him and DSJ will play together

FIFY
MoochieNorris
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,443

Post#120 » by MoochieNorris » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:50 pm

its not tanking as much as it is letting the kids play and blow the games for you because they're young. they aren't trying to lose, they just don't know how to win yet.

Return to New York Knicks