ImageImageImageImageImage

Dennis Smith, Jr. Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, GONYK, King of Canada, j4remi, Capn'O, mrpoetryNmotion, mpharris36, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, K-DOT, Thugger HBC

User avatar
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 57,600
And1: 25,303
Joined: Jun 27, 2003
Location: Frankie N Baby
   

Re: Dennis Smith, Jr. Thread 

Post#1021 » by GONYK » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:24 pm

I apologize for contributing to the derail here.

Back to DSJ.
User avatar
Fat Kat
RealGM
Posts: 25,357
And1: 14,688
Joined: Apr 19, 2004
     

Re: Dennis Smith, Jr. Thread 

Post#1022 » by Fat Kat » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:39 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 31,622
And1: 26,158
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Dennis Smith, Jr. Thread 

Post#1023 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:59 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Mitch gonna average 10+ PPG this season just off open looks from DSJ. It's a shame Mudiay couldnt get the job done
Cavs Nation
Dennis Smith Jr/Dunn/Cook
Zach Lavine/Frank Jackson/Brown Jr
Jayson Tatum/Osman/O'Neale
Julius Randle/DFS/Bolden
Deandre Ayton/Bam

It's like when n*ggas make subliminal records
If it ain't directed directly at me, I don't respect it
MadGrinch
Veteran
Posts: 2,737
And1: 335
Joined: Jan 31, 2002
Location: NYC of course

Re: Dennis Smith, Jr. Thread 

Post#1024 » by MadGrinch » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:56 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
GONYK wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:He will do the same with Knox this year

Who was he gonna bench Knox for? Lance?

Why not? Were we playing for wins?

He was our best option at SF. Also so he can develop and get the experience. Its not that hard to grasp. Lol

Whether you like him or not. Muiday was better than Frank last season.


he really was not ...and dont get me wrong frank wasn't good either

but the proof is in the pudding, mudiay is on a 1 year deal for 1.73 million as a 3rd string point guard on the utah jazz...that's barely hanging on in the nba.

he's a reclamation project with a lot of potential...i'd bet frank if mysteriously found himself a free agent on july 1st would have gotten a better deal than that because he is certainly good at defense while mudiay is good at neither side of the ball.
Its because I'm green isn't it?
User avatar
robillionaire
General Manager
Posts: 8,431
And1: 8,305
Joined: Jul 12, 2015
Location: Manhattan
         

Re: Dennis Smith, Jr. Thread 

Post#1025 » by robillionaire » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:25 am

MadGrinch wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
GONYK wrote:Why not? Were we playing for wins?

He was our best option at SF. Also so he can develop and get the experience. Its not that hard to grasp. Lol

Whether you like him or not. Muiday was better than Frank last season.


he really was not ...and dont get me wrong frank wasn't good either

but the proof is in the pudding, mudiay is on a 1 year deal for 1.73 million as a 3rd string point guard on the utah jazz...that's barely hanging on in the nba.

he's a reclamation project with a lot of potential...i'd bet frank if mysteriously found himself a free agent on july 1st would have gotten a better deal than that because he is certainly good at defense while mudiay is good at neither side of the ball.


That's pure speculation. But playing devil's advocate here, even in a hypothetical scenario where Frank found himself a free agent on july 1st and he got a better deal than that, it wouldn't be because of his defense, but because he is a much younger player with higher upside while mudiay is who he is at this point. Not because Frank was better last season. I hate you for making me defend Bootyay. :lol:
MadGrinch
Veteran
Posts: 2,737
And1: 335
Joined: Jan 31, 2002
Location: NYC of course

Re: Dennis Smith, Jr. Thread 

Post#1026 » by MadGrinch » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:04 am

robillionaire wrote:
MadGrinch wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:He was our best option at SF. Also so he can develop and get the experience. Its not that hard to grasp. Lol

Whether you like him or not. Muiday was better than Frank last season.


he really was not ...and dont get me wrong frank wasn't good either

but the proof is in the pudding, mudiay is on a 1 year deal for 1.73 million as a 3rd string point guard on the utah jazz...that's barely hanging on in the nba.

he's a reclamation project with a lot of potential...i'd bet frank if mysteriously found himself a free agent on july 1st would have gotten a better deal than that because he is certainly good at defense while mudiay is good at neither side of the ball.


That's pure speculation. But playing devil's advocate here, even in a hypothetical scenario where Frank found himself a free agent on july 1st and he got a better deal than that, it wouldn't be because of his defense, but because he is a much younger player with higher upside while mudiay is who he is at this point. Not because Frank was better last season. I hate you for making me defend Bootyay. :lol:



if mudiay is who he is ...and he was signed as a 3rd string point guard ...and i said 3rd string before i looked at their roster and well he may not make it to opening day , they have 2 other decent candidates at point guard (nigel williams goss who was their 2nd round pick in 2017 and justin wright-foreman who is their 2nd round pick this past draft to go with mike conley and his back up dante exum ...donovan mitchell can also play some pg

if he is who he is (i disagree btw and believe he has some very serious potential) then he isn't very good , he led the knicks to the worst record in the league ...they could have done that without him.

he is a bad week from spending his next year in turkey
Its because I'm green isn't it?
MadGrinch
Veteran
Posts: 2,737
And1: 335
Joined: Jan 31, 2002
Location: NYC of course

Re: Dennis Smith, Jr. Thread 

Post#1027 » by MadGrinch » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:07 am

but back to dennis smith jr. he is saying all the right things but his actions during the season thus far lead me not to believe him.
Its because I'm green isn't it?
User avatar
Phish Tank
RealGM
Posts: 16,218
And1: 8,888
Joined: Nov 09, 2004
Location: Your Timepiece
   

Re: Dennis Smith, Jr. Thread 

Post#1028 » by Phish Tank » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:14 pm

Read on Twitter


DSJ gotta have a no camera policy for situations like this
Image

BAF- Houston Rockets:
PG: Fox/Jerome Rob/Okobo
SG: Hield/Huerter/
SF: Huerter/Hunter/Melo
PF: Skal/Melo/PJ
C: Jaxson Hayes/Willy/
Exempt: Edy Tavares

Inactive: Waiters, Swanigan, Leuer, Snell, Louis King, Smailagic
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 31,622
And1: 26,158
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Dennis Smith, Jr. Thread 

Post#1029 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:19 pm

Phish Tank wrote:
Read on Twitter


DSJ gotta have a no camera policy for situations like this

The person that recorded the video said this.
Guys, stop overreacting. He’s not at Knicks practice, he just showed up to my school to get some shots off. He was messing with his form a bit, he doesn’t have that hitch
Cavs Nation
Dennis Smith Jr/Dunn/Cook
Zach Lavine/Frank Jackson/Brown Jr
Jayson Tatum/Osman/O'Neale
Julius Randle/DFS/Bolden
Deandre Ayton/Bam

It's like when n*ggas make subliminal records
If it ain't directed directly at me, I don't respect it
User avatar
malik959
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,781
And1: 1,462
Joined: Apr 10, 2001
Location: Alabama (from L.I)
     

Re: Dennis Smith, Jr. Thread 

Post#1030 » by malik959 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:26 pm

User avatar
Phish Tank
RealGM
Posts: 16,218
And1: 8,888
Joined: Nov 09, 2004
Location: Your Timepiece
   

Re: Dennis Smith, Jr. Thread 

Post#1031 » by Phish Tank » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:28 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:
Read on Twitter


DSJ gotta have a no camera policy for situations like this

The person that recorded the video said this.
Guys, stop overreacting. He’s not at Knicks practice, he just showed up to my school to get some shots off. He was messing with his form a bit, he doesn’t have that hitch


either way, no camera policy should still apply. This prolly the last thing DSJ wants people to see anyways.
Image

BAF- Houston Rockets:
PG: Fox/Jerome Rob/Okobo
SG: Hield/Huerter/
SF: Huerter/Hunter/Melo
PF: Skal/Melo/PJ
C: Jaxson Hayes/Willy/
Exempt: Edy Tavares

Inactive: Waiters, Swanigan, Leuer, Snell, Louis King, Smailagic
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 31,622
And1: 26,158
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Dennis Smith, Jr. Thread 

Post#1032 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:50 pm

Phish Tank wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:
Read on Twitter


DSJ gotta have a no camera policy for situations like this

The person that recorded the video said this.
Guys, stop overreacting. He’s not at Knicks practice, he just showed up to my school to get some shots off. He was messing with his form a bit, he doesn’t have that hitch


either way, no camera policy should still apply. This prolly the last thing DSJ wants people to see anyways.

Yeah i think that’s why they made the guy stop recording. Don’t think he was allowed to be there
Cavs Nation
Dennis Smith Jr/Dunn/Cook
Zach Lavine/Frank Jackson/Brown Jr
Jayson Tatum/Osman/O'Neale
Julius Randle/DFS/Bolden
Deandre Ayton/Bam

It's like when n*ggas make subliminal records
If it ain't directed directly at me, I don't respect it
User avatar
stuporman
RealGM
Posts: 20,891
And1: 6,089
Joined: Nov 27, 2005
Location: SELL THE KNICKS!

Re: Dennis Smith, Jr. Thread 

Post#1033 » by stuporman » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:37 am

Oh no..... there's video of Junior missing a couple of free throws in some random gym, it's all over now!
Image?
melo4three
Sophomore
Posts: 214
And1: 127
Joined: Jul 24, 2019
     

Re: Dennis Smith, Jr. Thread 

Post#1034 » by melo4three » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:56 am

so we gonna trust the 21 seconds of footage making him look bad over the dozens of minutes we have of his shot and overall game looking clean af?
User avatar
TheGreenArrow
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,742
And1: 4,279
Joined: Sep 13, 2017

Re: Dennis Smith, Jr. Thread 

Post#1035 » by TheGreenArrow » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:08 pm

melo4three wrote:so we gonna trust the 21 seconds of footage making him look bad over the dozens of minutes we have of his shot and overall game looking clean af?


The season cant get here fast enough.
User avatar
Knicksfan20
RealGM
Posts: 18,400
And1: 5,432
Joined: Aug 19, 2006
       

Re: Dennis Smith, Jr. Thread 

Post#1036 » by Knicksfan20 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:21 pm

melo4three wrote:so we gonna trust the 21 seconds of footage making him look bad over the dozens of minutes we have of his shot and overall game looking clean af?

Show me the footage of his freethrows looking clean AF
Timberwolves: 55
C: Whiteside/Oquinn/J. Allen/Zizic
PF: Ibaka/Grant/Anunoby/TJ Leaf
SF: Porter/Anderson/Anunoby
SG: Green/Barton
PG: Schroder/Barrea/Exum


Pick #14 : Nickeil Alexander-Walker
Pick #32 : Nicolas Claxton
User avatar
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 57,600
And1: 25,303
Joined: Jun 27, 2003
Location: Frankie N Baby
   

Re: Dennis Smith, Jr. Thread 

Post#1037 » by GONYK » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:24 pm

melo4three wrote:so we gonna trust the 21 seconds of footage making him look bad over the dozens of minutes we have of his shot and overall game looking clean af?


Both samples of footage are mostly meaningless, since 1 is short and the other is highly edited.
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 31,622
And1: 26,158
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Dennis Smith, Jr. Thread 

Post#1038 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:30 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
melo4three wrote:so we gonna trust the 21 seconds of footage making him look bad over the dozens of minutes we have of his shot and overall game looking clean af?

Show me the footage of his freethrows looking clean AF

4:30, 8:30
Cavs Nation
Dennis Smith Jr/Dunn/Cook
Zach Lavine/Frank Jackson/Brown Jr
Jayson Tatum/Osman/O'Neale
Julius Randle/DFS/Bolden
Deandre Ayton/Bam

It's like when n*ggas make subliminal records
If it ain't directed directly at me, I don't respect it
PV2nice
Sophomore
Posts: 100
And1: 45
Joined: Aug 04, 2012
Contact:
       

Re: Dennis Smith, Jr. Thread 

Post#1039 » by PV2nice » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:16 pm

Folks,
Any news in regards to the yearly open practice for this year?
[img][img]https://c.o0bg.com/rf/image_1920w/Boston/2011-2020/2017/04/04/BostonGlobe.com/Sports/Images/09052008_mp05pat222-6869591.jpg[/img][/img]
User avatar
Knicksfan20
RealGM
Posts: 18,400
And1: 5,432
Joined: Aug 19, 2006
       

Re: Dennis Smith, Jr. Thread 

Post#1040 » by Knicksfan20 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:35 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:
melo4three wrote:so we gonna trust the 21 seconds of footage making him look bad over the dozens of minutes we have of his shot and overall game looking clean af?

Show me the footage of his freethrows looking clean AF

4:30, 8:30


That first free throw at 430 did not look clean at all. His free throw ugly AF. The second one is kind of a bad angle.
Timberwolves: 55
C: Whiteside/Oquinn/J. Allen/Zizic
PF: Ibaka/Grant/Anunoby/TJ Leaf
SF: Porter/Anderson/Anunoby
SG: Green/Barton
PG: Schroder/Barrea/Exum


Pick #14 : Nickeil Alexander-Walker
Pick #32 : Nicolas Claxton

Return to New York Knicks