ImageImageImageImageImage

Dennis Smith, Jr. Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,999

Re: Dennis Smith, Jr. Thread 

Post#1101 » by god shammgod » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:15 pm

the thing is this though, just because a guy works on his jumper all summer doesn't mean he'll improve much. most young guys are doing that. most of them don't get that much better. we basically have half the team trying to work on shooting this summer. randle, ds jr, mitch, rj, frank. it's not gonna work out for all of them.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,331

Post#1102 » by iLLmatic860 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:19 pm

god shammgod wrote:the thing is this though, just because a guy works on his jumper all summer doesn't mean he'll improve much. most young guys are doing that. most of them don't get that much better. we basically have half the team trying to work on shooting this summer. randle, ds jr, mitch, rj, frank. it's not gonna work out for all of them.

This why I dont get hyped for summer videos

Most the time they arent playing against lock down defenders

Not to mention they dont even show the misses lmao

I find that **** alarming
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,478

Post#1103 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:36 pm

god shammgod wrote:the thing is this though, just because a guy works on his jumper all summer doesn't mean he'll improve much. most young guys are doing that. most of them don't get that much better. we basically have half the team trying to work on shooting this summer. randle, ds jr, mitch, rj, frank. it's not gonna work out for all of them.

Maybe you’re right but nothing stops this hype train sir
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1104 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:38 pm

The one thing that stood out to me the most is when DSJ said he feels a major difference in his shot. So i have high hopes for him this season
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,999

Post#1105 » by god shammgod » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:51 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:

:lol:

he could be the guy who does shoot better, i don't know. but they're not all gonna shoot well after this summer. that's just not realistic.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1106 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:59 pm

god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

he could be the guy who does shoot better, i don't know. but they're not all gonna shoot well after this summer. that's just not realistic.

If I had to guess who I think will improve, I think it will be DSJ,Randle and Frank. RJ’s shot still looked pretty terrible in the summer league and I highly doubt Mitch is gonna shoot much jumpers anyways.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#1107 » by moocow007 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:07 pm

You won't ever know until the season starts and the points (and the pressure that comes with it) actually matter. Whether it's Smith or Ntilikina. Applies to both guys.
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#1108 » by xNewYorkMadex » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:45 pm

DSJr shot below 60% from the line with us last season. That alone should be concerning whether there is a video or not.

Getting 5 fta and shooting over 75% will improve his game. D’Angelo Russell didn’t even average 3fta per game last season which made him a volatile player last season. We need consistency from Dennis, and that small aspect of the game will help him out tremendously.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,751

Post#1109 » by Fat » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:31 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
FatboyRealPetty wrote:Rather have went after Russell this off season but let’s see what Dennis looking like

At 29M per? Image

Yes he’s more skilled than any point guard on this roster. Their would be no “well who’s going to start” d Angelo would straight up get the start without thinking twice. Guys are still debating who should start with what we have now. That already shows u the difference in talent

Idc what numbers say he’s flat out better than all these fools lol
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
TruthBeTold
Bench Warmer
And1: 423

Post#1110 » by TruthBeTold » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:39 am

Kampuchea wrote:Dennis Smith Jr. May Have Fultzed His Shooting Form

https://deadspin.com/dennis-smith-jr-may-have-fultzed-his-shooting-form-1838363702

:banghead:

50% from the free throw line so far this Summer. :roll: His FT shooting form doesn't look smooth at all.

My DSJ Advice: Less dunking and less practice games against scrubs who can't even make the G-league and work on those damn FTs and 3 pointers. :nod:
NYKHardKnock
Head Coach
And1: 4,950

Post#1111 » by NYKHardKnock » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:12 am

If DSJr sucks, Payton will replace. We trade DSJr, draft Cole Anthony.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1112 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:22 pm

TruthBeTold wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:Dennis Smith Jr. May Have Fultzed His Shooting Form

https://deadspin.com/dennis-smith-jr-may-have-fultzed-his-shooting-form-1838363702

:banghead:

50% from the free throw line so far this Summer. :roll: His FT shooting form doesn't look smooth at all.

My DSJ Advice: Less dunking and less practice games against scrubs who can't even make the G-league and work on those damn FTs and 3 pointers. :nod:

Lol
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#1113 » by Knicksfan1992 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:26 pm

FatboyRealPetty wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
FatboyRealPetty wrote:Rather have went after Russell this off season but let’s see what Dennis looking like

At 29M per? Image

Yes he’s more skilled than any point guard on this roster. Their would be no “well who’s going to start” d Angelo would straight up get the start without thinking twice. Guys are still debating who should start with what we have now. That already shows u the difference in talent

Well we had no chance at him once GS wanted the sign and trade and promised the max so it's a moot point.

Get aboard DSJ island. Plenty of property available.
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,751

Post#1114 » by Fat » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:06 am

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
FatboyRealPetty wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
At 29M per? Image

Well we had no chance at him once GS wanted the sign and trade and promised the max so it's a moot point.

im cool with dennis im even cool with ntilkina but im not losing any sleep over either guy if they dont show any strives this season

im tired of this void the knicks have at point every single year. Havent seen a good point guard on the knicks since pablo prigioni

Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,690

Post#1115 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:17 am

At least Frank showed something against NBA level talent in a competitive tournament. What’d DSJ do?
Free Palestine
melo4three
Senior
And1: 253

Post#1116 » by melo4three » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:29 am

Thing is dsj and randle have already shown to be trending in the right direction. Randle hit on 34% last year his first year breaking out the 3 and it looks really clean. DSJ was shooting 37% from 3 before the back injury and mavs drama
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#1117 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:47 am

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:

This why I dont get hyped for summer videos

Most the time they arent playing against lock down defenders

Not to mention they dont even show the misses lmao

I find that **** alarming

If he really worked as hard as he supposedly did on his jumper we should see some improvement. At least on open jumpers. Teams will still give Smith space defending him until he forces them to adjust.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#1118 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:49 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Maybe you’re right but nothing stops this hype train sir

If I had to guess who I think will improve, I think it will be DSJ,Randle and Frank. RJ’s shot still looked pretty terrible in the summer league and I highly doubt Mitch is gonna shoot much jumpers anyways.

I would agree with this but some will probably show more improvement than others. RJs shot looks inconsistent and flat at times.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#1119 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:51 am

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
FatboyRealPetty wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
At 29M per? Image

Yeah I can’t believe people are still bringing that up. Plenty of reason to hope Smith will breakout too.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#1120 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:53 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:At least Frank showed something against NBA level talent in a competitive tournament. What’d DSJ do?

Yup he showed a still inconsistent shot and that he’s still pretty limited offensively. To be fair it was still improvement.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard

Return to New York Knicks