Post#21 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:24 am

He's Derrick Rose 2.0. No?
Free Palestine
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,308

Re: Dennis Smith Jr Thread 

Post#22 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:27 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:He's Derrick Rose 2.0. No?

Yep.
:beer: RIP mags
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,968

Post#23 » by Manhattan Project » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:55 am

I actually think people have already forgotten how good Rose was during his MVP time, the acrobats that he displayed around the rim Smith can't even come close to replicating. That's what made Rose so special, there wasn't a layup or adjustment he couldn't make. Smith might be as explosive as he is attacking the rim, but he can't hit those layups that made Rose that special. I'd also give Rose the nod in terms of passing even though those Bulls teams needed him to be their Iverson. I'd say he's more so Steve Francis, but he doesn't have his handles or moves with the ball in his hands. Smith is that mold of a PG, he took a little bit from all their games. There's some Baron Davis in his game, but he doesn't have the vision/creativity that made Baron special at times.

I have no doubt that Smith will be a good player in this league, but first things first, he needs to show me he can get over his free throw yips right now. His body language is down right terrible and it's really bothering him, he wears it on his sleeve. Again for me this year, show me you can improvise and adapt to the defenses keying in on you.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,332

Post#24 » by drekwins » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:05 am

Fat Kat wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
islanders11040 wrote:All he needs is a jumper.

Wouldn't you like to see better D, too?

His defense is already decent. He has a better DRPM than Frank and Rondo.

Yeah I don't get what people expect... Ntilikina kind of defense wont happen... Ntilikina is one-of-a-kind in that area for a guard. Kyrie, Rose, Tony Parker and many other PGs were not known as "great" individual defenders. Harden is one of the worst in the game. Yet, all of these guys played on extremely good defensive units. Defense, from a team standpoint, is still 95% about effort (when we're talking about guards/wings who don't have to defend the rim). If DSJ puts in the effort, he can certainly be a apart of a top defensive unit. The kid had 2 special blocks last night. One was because he was pissed off after a turnover. I like his grit. His fire after mistakes reminds me of the old Knicks teams. He has a little Sprewell in him.
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,332

Post#25 » by drekwins » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:08 am

Manhattan Project wrote:I actually think people have already forgotten how good Rose was during his MVP time, the acrobats that he displayed around the rim Smith can't even come close to replicating. That's what made Rose so special, there wasn't a layup or adjustment he couldn't make. Smith might be as explosive as he is attacking the rim, but he can't hit those layups that made Rose that special. I'd also give Rose the nod in terms of passing even though those Bulls teams needed him to be their Iverson. I'd say he's more so Steve Francis, but he doesn't have his handles or moves with the ball in his hands. Smith is that mold of a PG, he took a little bit from all their games. There's some Baron Davis in his game, but he doesn't have the vision/creativity that made Baron special at times.

I have no doubt that Smith will be a good player in this league, but first things first, he needs to show me he can get over his free throw yips right now. His body language is down right terrible and it's really bothering him, he wears it on his sleeve. Again for me this year, show me you can improvise and adapt to the defenses keying in on you.

Rose's quickness was godly. There's insanely quick.. and then there's a level above, that prime DRose reached.
Da_Mane_Man
General Manager
And1: 1,590

Post#26 » by Da_Mane_Man » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:10 am

cotdamn. guy spent a month with Steph Curry and his trainer and he still shoots like this. :nonono:
NYKHardKnock
Head Coach
And1: 4,950

Post#27 » by NYKHardKnock » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:24 am

He’s 21, with his tools. You hold onto him. Improving a jump shot is worked on by repetition, over, and over, and over again, with minor tweaks

If he does, he’s an Elite point guard.

It’s nice knowing if all things don’t work out with Kyrie, we have Dennis Smith to develop. We never have had a legit point guard.

We’re in good hands with Dennis, and most of all Scott Perry.

I believe
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,648

Post#28 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:43 am

Kristaps6_NYK wrote:He’s 21, with his tools. You hold onto him. Improving a jump shot is worked on by repetition, over, and over, and over again, with minor tweaks

It’s nice knowing if all things don’t work out with Kyrie, we have Dennis Smith to develop. We never have had a legit point guard.

I believe

Dude, that username, it's got to go.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#29 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:44 am

Da_Mane_Man wrote:cotdamn. guy spent a month with Steph Curry and his trainer and he still shoots like this. :nonono:

He's got a funky release. Actually reminds me a little of Derrick Rose's.
Free Palestine
NYKHardKnock
Head Coach
And1: 4,950

Post#30 » by NYKHardKnock » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:49 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Kristaps6_NYK wrote:He’s 21, with his tools. You hold onto him. Improving a jump shot is worked on by repetition, over, and over, and over again, with minor tweaks

I believe

I got to put it in a sig that I cannot change my username till lottery date bc bad behavior :/ I hear this every day lol
cuyankees
Veteran
And1: 1,274

Post#31 » by cuyankees » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:55 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:He's Derrick Rose 2.0. No?

Yes, post ACL DRose 2.0

Not a shot in hell pre ACL
NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#32 » by NY2TheBay » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:01 am

god shammgod wrote:inb4 mpharris locks this

who?
NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#33 » by NY2TheBay » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:03 am

DSJr is going to shine bright. He needs to get used to playing heavy minutes and being consistent night in night out. Once he gets that part, gets his 3ball right, sky is the limit. He plays with a huge chip and is a bully, exact type needed in NYC. Happy for him and the franchise.
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,300

Post#34 » by Context » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:09 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:

I believe

no doubt
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Context
RealGM

Post#35 » by Context » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:10 am

NY2TheBay wrote:DSJr is going to shine bright. He needs to get used to playing heavy minutes and being consistent night in night out. Once he gets that part, gets his 3ball right, sky is the limit. He plays with a huge chip and is a bully, exact type needed in NYC. Happy for him and the franchise.
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,587

Post#36 » by mpharris36 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:13 am

i laughed :lol:
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Context
RealGM

Post#37 » by Context » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:20 am

mpharris36 wrote:

i laughed :lol:

i like that side story between the two if you :lol:
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#38 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:31 am

Kristaps6_NYK wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

I believe

I got to put it in a sig that I cannot change my username till lottery date bc bad behavior :/ I hear this every day lol

I'm sure the mods will accommodate you if you apologize for you prior indiscretions. They can't like it either. :lol:
Free Palestine
NY 567
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,437

Post#39 » by NY 567 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:43 am

If he's not a superstar by 23 most of yall will sour on him anyway. Same people have already given up on Frank and Knox and have already dismissed KPs upside despite only being 23 and already making an all star team.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,162

Post#40 » by KnicksGadfly » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:39 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Kristaps6_NYK wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

I'm sure the mods will accommodate you if you apologize for you prior indiscretions. They can't like it either. :lol:

He must have done something really evil to get hit with such a punishment

Return to New York Knicks