ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2019 Yankees Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,819

Re: Official 2019 Yankees Thread 

Post#1581 » by Rich Rane » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:47 pm

BKlutch wrote:OK, he almost had a stroke here. LOL. But what I read in several places was that Girardi wasn’t able to emotionally relate to and inspire the players as well as they hoped Boone would.

Pretty sure it was Cashman that said that. :lol: Boone is pretty much Cashman and the analytics team's puppet, but to their credit, it's working. I remember in one of Boone's ejections earlier this year, my friend texted me how he wouldn't have been surprised if Boone cursed the umpire out in binary.

Are We Ther Yet wrote:Girardi vs Boone? Whatever. Loved Girardi but...he would do dumb shyt too. Boone has his share of mistakes but...this season has been great. Cashman deserves more credit than either Girardi or Boone. I love this team this year.

Edit...it's feels similar to the Showalter/Torre transition and the early Core 4 years to me. Really fun to watch.

I wholeheartedly believe Girardi played a big part in speeding up the Yankees's rebuild. I think everyone forgets the low or at best mysterious expectations on the team before the 2017 offseason and how surprised fans were when the team surpassed those expectations. That team played hard for Girardi and responded hard in the ALDS when Yankees Stadium booed Girardi in Game 3 after stupidly not challenging the not-called HBP in Game 2.

And I've said it before at the end of last season, despite the Yankees winning 100 games, 2018 was just not a fun season overall. It's different this season. I'll give Boone his credit this season, but I simply just wanted to interject on the point that Girardi never had the players' backs.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,309

Post#1582 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:23 am

Rich Rane wrote:
BKlutch wrote:OK, he almost had a stroke here. LOL. But what I read in several places was that Girardi wasn’t able to emotionally relate to and inspire the players as well as they hoped Boone would.

Pretty sure it was Cashman that said that. :lol: Boone is pretty much Cashman and the analytics team's puppet, but to their credit, it's working. I remember in one of Boone's ejections earlier this year, my friend texted me how he wouldn't have been surprised if Boone cursed the umpire out in binary.

Are We Ther Yet wrote:Girardi vs Boone? Whatever. Loved Girardi but...he would do dumb shyt too. Boone has his share of mistakes but...this season has been great. Cashman deserves more credit than either Girardi or Boone. I love this team this year.

Edit...it's feels similar to the Showalter/Torre transition and the early Core 4 years to me. Really fun to watch.

I wholeheartedly believe Girardi played a big part in speeding up the Yankees's rebuild. I think everyone forgets the low or at best mysterious expectations on the team before the 2017 offseason and how surprised fans were when the team surpassed those expectations. That team played hard for Girardi and responded hard in the ALDS when Yankees Stadium booed Girardi in Game 3 after stupidly not challenging the not-called HBP in Game 2.

And I've said it before at the end of last season, despite the Yankees winning 100 games, 2018 was just not a fun season overall. It's different this season. I'll give Boone his credit this season, but I simply just wanted to interject on the point that Girardi never had the players' backs.

I disagree about last season. Being 1 game away from the WS was a pretty fun run. The Baby Bombers. That was a fun year for me. This year as well.
:beer: RIP mags
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1583 » by Rich Rane » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:50 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

I disagree about last season. Being 1 game away from the WS was a pretty fun run. The Baby Bombers. That was a fun year for me. This year as well.

1 win away from the World Series was 2017. Last season, Yanks got their asses kicked in the ALDS by the Red Sox, including the worst loss in the team's postseason history.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,376
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#1584 » by BKlutch » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:27 am

Rich Rane wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

1 win away from the World Series was 2017. Last season, Yanks got their asses kicked in the ALDS by the Red Sox, including the worst loss in the team's postseason history.

Last year was so upsetting that Are We Ther Yet can't even remember it. I'd also rather not remember it, too.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#1585 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:32 am

BKlutch wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Last year was so upsetting that Are We Ther Yet can't even remember it. I'd also rather not remember it, too.

:lol: totally forgot last year!! Da fuq?
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1586 » by Rich Rane » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:07 pm

Aaaand I think I'll just switch over to the Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,693

Post#1587 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:44 pm

The pressure's on Yankees' fans. How does it feel to know that if you don't win it all, then your season will have been recorded in the annals of baseball history as a complete and miserable failure?

Free Palestine
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#1588 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:54 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:The pressure's on Yankees' fans. How does it feel to know that if you don't win it all, then your season will have been recorded in the annals of baseball history as a complete and miserable failure?

It doesn't really hurt that much due to the massive success I have enjoyed as a Yankee fan. It feels really good knowing that I don't root for the Mets though. It feels really good having the best record in baseball....being in 1st place by a nice margin...and always being in the game until the final out.

Any more stupid questions?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1589 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:58 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:The pressure's on Yankees' fans. How does it feel to know that if you don't win it all, then your season will have been recorded in the annals of baseball history as a complete and miserable failure?

It doesn't really hurt that much due to the massive success I have enjoyed as a Yankee fan. It feels really good knowing that I don't root for the Mets though. It feels really good having the best record in baseball....being in 1st place by a nice margin...and always being in the game until the final out.

But I won't have to suffer the massive and lasting heartache you are sure to suffer for months thereafter. I, on the other hand, am happily looking forward to Knicks basketball training camp without a care in the world.
Free Palestine
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#1590 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:05 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

But I won't have to suffer the massive and lasting heartache you are sure to suffer for months thereafter. I, on the other hand, am happily looking forward to Knicks basketball training camp without a care in the world.

Yankee fans don't endure such pain. It goes away rather quickly. Unlike the 3/4 of every season that Mets fans go through after talking like they have a better team than the Yankees....after a 9-1 start...and then....like clockwork the wheels fall off by mid May. Year in....year out. It hurts so much...they come in this thread and act a fool!!! :lol:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1591 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:07 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Yankee fans don't endure such pain. It goes away rather quickly. Unlike the 3/4 of every season that Mets fans go through after talking like they have a better team than the Yankees....after a 9-1 start...and then....like clockwork the wheels fall off by mid May. Year in....year out. It hurts so much...they come in this thread and act a fool!!! :lol:

Hey, that's bNo and reub. Not me. I never talk up a Mets team preseason no matter what. :lol: Acceptance is the key to happiness.

Hope you know I'm only messin' with you.
Free Palestine
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#1592 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:12 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Hey, that's bNo and reub. Not me. I never talk up a Mets team preseason no matter what. :lol: Acceptance is the key to happiness.

Hope you know I'm only messin' with you.

Yeah I know. I'm just giving it back to ya...ten fold!!! :lol:
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Post#1593 » by GEOLINK » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:23 pm

Because you touch yourself.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1594 » by Rich Rane » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:22 am

Walk, walk, ground into triple play to start the game...oof.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#1595 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:30 am

Rich Rane wrote:Walk, walk, ground into triple play to start the game...oof.

Wow...YES network dropped out here...I guess the rainstorms messing shyt up. Encarnacion grounded into a triple play? Holy shyt!
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1596 » by Rich Rane » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:33 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Wow...YES network dropped out here...I guess the rainstorms messing shyt up. Encarnacion grounded into a triple play? Holy shyt!

CC also gave up 2 solo homers to Polanco and Cruz.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#1597 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:37 am

Rich Rane wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Maybe I'm lucky that YES is blacked out right now!!!
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1598 » by Rich Rane » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:40 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Maybe I'm lucky that YES is blacked out right now!!!

Possibly. Perez just struck out the side (Sanchez, Hicks, Voit).
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1599 » by Rich Rane » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:30 am

Not CC's best game.
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#1600 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:36 am

7-3 now, game over. Sanchez continues his hitting slump.

Return to New York Knicks