ImageImageImageImageImage

Fort Knox: A defense of Kevin Knox

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

TruthBeTold
Bench Warmer
And1: 423

Re: Fort Knox: A defense of Kevin Knox 

Post#781 » by TruthBeTold » Sun Sep 1, 2019 4:11 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
TruthBeTold wrote:
K-DOT wrote:I mean, I'm a Knicks fan so yeah, I'm a Knox fan

But I'm also just calling out your weak troll game. Come up with something creative at least

No, you're an Idiot! Just because you're a Knicks fans doesn't mean you have to forcefully like ALL players on the Knicks roster. :crazy: :lol: :nonono:

Oh, I remember a little about you now, K-DICK. I think we have some negative history. I just don't remember much about it, because you're pretty much useless to me; I do remember you hating on me for some reason. However, I made sure to put your name in the negative memory bank. I bet it was you who locked my prayer thread. I got a lot of And1s when I called out that mod for closing my thread. I guess you are probably searching for a reason to ban me because you are a MOD. Am I right K-DICK? Be creative like your pic with words that is hard to read? Congrats, I will be keeping my eye on your ass now. How the hell did you become a mod anyway? Must have been a serious shortage of members at the time. Oh, sorry if I misspelled your name while typing all of this. I've been dealing with a lot of DICKHEADS recently. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your trying to hard

:lol: I see you put a lot of time, effort and HARD WORK, into typing those 4 words, so I can understand why you feel that way :lol:
You guys kill me. :lol:
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,261

Post#782 » by iLLmatic860 » Sun Sep 1, 2019 4:12 pm

TruthBeTold wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
TruthBeTold wrote:
No, you're an Idiot! Just because you're a Knicks fans doesn't mean you have to forcefully like ALL players on the Knicks roster. :crazy: :lol: :nonono:

Oh, I remember a little about you now, K-DICK. I think we have some negative history. I just don't remember much about it, because you're pretty much useless to me; I do remember you hating on me for some reason. However, I made sure to put your name in the negative memory bank. I bet it was you who locked my prayer thread. I got a lot of And1s when I called out that mod for closing my thread. I guess you are probably searching for a reason to ban me because you are a MOD. Am I right K-DICK? Be creative like your pic with words that is hard to read? Congrats, I will be keeping my eye on your ass now. How the hell did you become a mod anyway? Must have been a serious shortage of members at the time. Oh, sorry if I misspelled your name while typing all of this. I've been dealing with a lot of DICKHEADS recently. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your trying to hard

:lol: I see you put a lot of time, effort and HARD WORK, into typing those 4 words, so I can understand why you feel that way :lol:
You guys kill me. :lol:

I remember when I first started trollin lol
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,200

Post#783 » by DOT » Sun Sep 1, 2019 4:13 pm

TruthBeTold wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
TruthBeTold wrote:

LOL, are you a Knox's Fan? I bet you see big things for him with the Knicks this upcoming season. :lol:
There is a pretty good chance Knox your disappointment so far might go away after year 2.
For now, I think Knox fans can use one of these while making rookie and sophomore excuses. lol.

I mean, I'm a Knicks fan so yeah, I'm a Knox fan

But I'm also just calling out your weak troll game. Come up with something creative at least

Oh, I remember a little about you now, K-DICK. I think we have some negative history. I just don't remember much about it, because you're pretty much useless to me; I do remember you hating on me for some reason. However, I made sure to put your name in the negative memory bank. I bet it was you who locked my prayer thread. I got a lot of And1s when I called out that mod for closing my thread. I guess you are probably searching for a reason to ban me because you are a MOD. Am I right K-DICK? Be creative like your pic with words that is hard to read? Congrats, I will be keeping my eye on your stupid ass now. How the hell did you become a mod anyway? Must have been a serious shortage of members at the time. Oh, sorry if I misspelled your name while typing all of this. I've been dealing with a lot of DICKHEADS recently. :lol: :lol: :lol:

BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
TruthBeTold
Bench Warmer

Post#784 » by TruthBeTold » Sun Sep 1, 2019 4:30 pm

K-DOT wrote:
TruthBeTold wrote:
K-DOT wrote:I mean, I'm a Knicks fan so yeah, I'm a Knox fan

Oh, I remember a little about you now, K-DICK. I think we have some negative history. I just don't remember much about it, because you're pretty much useless to me; I do remember you hating on me for some reason. However, I made sure to put your name in the negative memory bank. I bet it was you who locked my prayer thread. I got a lot of And1s when I called out that mod for closing my thread. I guess you are probably searching for a reason to ban me because you are a MOD. Am I right K-DICK? Be creative like your pic with words that is hard to read? Congrats, I will be keeping my eye on your stupid ass now. How the hell did you become a mod anyway? Must have been a serious shortage of members at the time. Oh, sorry if I misspelled your name while typing all of this. I've been dealing with a lot of DICKHEADS recently. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is that the best you can do, K-Dick? Showing Knicks fans your REAL face in an effort to scare me away?
Since I can't stand to see your ugly face right now, I will have to deal with your hating ass another time.
So hold this (L) for the day K-Dick, and try your best to watch less Knicks games this upcoming season so they can get more (W)s. :lol:
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#785 » by DOT » Sun Sep 1, 2019 4:34 pm

TruthBeTold wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
TruthBeTold wrote:

Is that the best you can do, K-Dick? Showing Knicks fans your REAL face in an effort to scare me away?
Since I can't stand to see your ugly face right now, I will have to deal with your hating ass another time.
So hold this (L) for the day K-Dick, and try your best to watch less Knicks games this upcoming season so they can get more (W)s. :lol:

BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
TruthBeTold
Bench Warmer

Post#786 » by TruthBeTold » Sun Sep 1, 2019 4:43 pm

K-DOT wrote:
TruthBeTold wrote:
K-DOT wrote:Image

K-Dick, because you always show me much love on this forum. :lol:

Just to make your day better like today. :lol: 8-)
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#787 » by DOT » Sun Sep 1, 2019 4:45 pm

TruthBeTold wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
TruthBeTold wrote:

K-Dick, because you always show me much love on this forum. :lol:

Just to make your day better like today. :lol: 8-)

While you're gone, you should come up with some new material

Cause you just seem to have one joke you keep repeating over and over. I'm kind of insulted by how little effort you're putting in here
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,149

Post#788 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Sep 1, 2019 4:52 pm

blanko wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:so when is Knox starting to get Franks treatment, if he continues to suck? 15 games?
When he stopps shooting and all he does is stay in a corner.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

True. Knox's bad basketball comes from all over the court. And on both sides of the ball!
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#789 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Sep 1, 2019 4:54 pm

Iggy can do all the things Knox does PLUS finish through contact. I'm not sure about his defense, but since it's hard to be as bad defensively as Knox, lets assume it's at least a wash.

Iggy will be > Knox, Dotson, Frank.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,261

Post#790 » by iLLmatic860 » Sun Sep 1, 2019 5:15 pm

I think Iggy will be a more impactful player on a playoff team than Knox even tho Knox will be the more skillful player.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,873

Post#791 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Sep 1, 2019 5:58 pm

Never seen TruthBeTold show up without their boring swagger schtick

What a pill
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#792 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Sep 1, 2019 6:00 pm

As far as Knox is concerned, he showed improvements in SL. That's what I care about. I'll leave the predictions to the prognosticaters
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#793 » by DOT » Sun Sep 1, 2019 6:10 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:As far as Knox is concerned, he showed improvements in SL. That's what I care about. I'll leave the predictions to the prognosticaters

I thought his defense looked much better :dontknow:

He's still in the area where if he just shows flashes, that's more than fine with me, but I do want to see some consistency from him this year. He's got potential, just needs development. Same with RJ
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#794 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Sep 1, 2019 6:20 pm

I think Knox kind of sucks, but with some extra hard work and a little luck he can turn into an average NBA starter. In 3 years.
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,776

Post#795 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Sun Sep 1, 2019 6:48 pm

Yuri Vaultin wrote:I must be missing something here. Hasn't he only just turned 20? Seems like there's plenty of time of his game to grow as well as his understanding. To put things in to perspective Siakam had only been playing bball 3 years at this same point and he's turned out alright. From an outsider looking in, it seems to me that Fizdale is perhaps the worst coach at developing young talent. Frank wasn't allowed to play through any mistakes whereas Knox was able to develop bad habits with impunity.

He's super young and played like it on the court. You could see him get down on himself when he made a mistake. He has natural touch, that you can't teach but non existent defensive instincts. IIRC he was primarily a football kid until he had a major growth spurt at 15. So I don't think he's been playing organized ball for that long either. He was really good in December and March but the rest of the year was a real struggle.

Jury is still out on Fiz as a coach and he wasn't great last year but I assume Frank and Knox were handled differently because they're different people. I mean I can't imagine learning the NBA game is done the same way for everyone. Knox has a low motor might need to be out there to learn that lesson. While Frank has issues with staying aggressive and reacting instinctively and might need to be benched when he can't keep that up. Will it work? I'm not sure, but if it doesn't Fiz will be out of a job but so far this summer both of them have made improvements to their games.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#796 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Sep 1, 2019 6:49 pm

Fiz's magnetic personality is a strong draw for top free agents so that makes up for his apparent lack of coaching acumen.
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,776

Post#797 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Sun Sep 1, 2019 7:00 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Fiz's magnetic personality is a strong draw for top free agents so that makes up for his apparent lack of coaching acumen.

It's his magnetic personality that's allowed him to skate by with no offensive system. :lol:
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#798 » by DOT » Sun Sep 1, 2019 7:11 pm

Yuri Vaultin wrote:I must be missing something here. Hasn't he only just turned 20? Seems like there's plenty of time of his game to grow as well as his understanding. To put things in to perspective Siakam had only been playing bball 3 years at this same point and he's turned out alright. From an outsider looking in, it seems to me that Fizdale is perhaps the worst coach at developing young talent. Frank wasn't allowed to play through any mistakes whereas Knox was able to develop bad habits with impunity.

I keep saying this exact thing

It's my big fear with RJ too, especially since Knox thinks he was being held accountable last year when he wasn't

I don't want him to go full Larry Brown on the kids, cause that's how you mess them up as well, but you need to guide them. "Tanking" isn't an excuse for developing bad habits.
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#799 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Sep 1, 2019 8:39 pm

K-DOT wrote:

I keep saying this exact thing

It's my big fear with RJ too, especially since Knox thinks he was being held accountable last year when he wasn't

I don't want him to go full Larry Brown on the kids, cause that's how you mess them up as well, but you need to guide them. "Tanking" isn't an excuse for developing bad habits.

The roster is 14 players deep, if not in overwhelming talent, that at least NBA competence. Fiz should be able to find 9 players that execute an offense (if he has one) and try hard and execute the defense (if he cares about that)

Fiz has ZERO excuses this year.

RJ struggles? Play Trier. Trier chucks too much? Play Dotson. And so on. There's at least 2, and mostly 3, options to play, at each position. Knox has 3 and 4 players who could move ahead of him in the depth chart if he decides defense is an afterthought: Morris. Iggy. Dotson if they go small. RJ can play SF. There's choices.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#800 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Sep 1, 2019 9:04 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Iggy can do all the things Knox does PLUS finish through contact. I'm not sure about his defense, but since it's hard to be as bad defensively as Knox, lets assume it's at least a wash.

Iggy will be > Knox, Dotson, Frank.

Iggy is dope. He'll be a fan favorite by the end of the season.

Return to New York Knicks