ImageImageImageImageImage

Fort Knox: A defense of Kevin Knox

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Re: Fort Knox: A defense of Kevin Knox 

Post#81 » by MaseInYourFace » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:49 pm

Icandoallthings wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
Icandoallthings wrote::evil:
I think the issue is we see this differently. What makes Knox deserve the opportunity more than any 19 yo in the d league?

Uhh, talent?

That plus $2.50 gets you a ride on the subway. Lol

You joke but that’s the main reason guys end up in g league vs nba. If it was an egalitarian thing based on who works hardest or puts up best numbers it would be very different.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#82 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:11 pm

Icandoallthings wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
I think the issue is we see this differently. What makes Knox deserve the opportunity more than any 19 yo in the d league?

Because we drafted him?

Ok I understood that point of view. Drafting someone is not enough of a reason for me to believe that they will do well. We make be picking nits here since if he was a late first round pick I would have no real issue with him.
Isn't this why teams draft players?
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Icandoallthings
Senior
And1: 337

Post#83 » by Icandoallthings » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:48 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
Icandoallthings wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
Uhh, talent?

That plus $2.50 gets you a ride on the subway. Lol

You joke but that’s the main reason guys end up in g league vs nba. If it was an egalitarian thing based on who works hardest or puts up best numbers it would be very different.

In all seriousness I think the issue is that I expected more production from 9th pick.
I haven't seen all the games if you have and tell me that he is indeed going all out I will concede. To me it always comes down to how badly do you want it. Talent length height BBIQ are all important as well. (Thanks for the response)
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#84 » by Fat » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:16 pm

If Knox still looks similar to what he is now in year 3 then I’d press the panic button. I wouldn’t worry to much within Years 1 and 2. It’s normal for a rookie to struggle especially his first nba season

I agree with most though he needs better drive and assertiveness that part doesn’t have to be developed it’s just something you should automatically have theirs no excuse for it.
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#85 » by Greenie » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:28 pm

BKAY wrote:Do some of you really think Knox is showing nothing? Pretty ridiculous standards being created for rookies, especially ones that are basically children.

Kids making millions.

Knox should not return next year
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#86 » by Sark » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:07 pm

This is why the Knicks can never build anything. Everyone is too impatient. Knox, just like Frank, needs time to develop. Giving up on either of them, while on their rookie contract, is ridiculous.

The Lakers recently gave up on Russell and Randle on their rookie contracts, and they look like absolute fools for doing so.
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#87 » by malik959 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:14 pm

Man guys can not make up their minds here, you want the vets gone so we could developed our youth, but you want the youth to develope in the a-league. You want to lose to get a good draft pick but you want to look good losing, you want a coach that runs plays but coaches like Pop will cause us to win. You want to get top free agents but these players we tank for can be used to get so and so player. This will go on and on and on and on and on and on.....................................
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Post#88 » by robillionaire » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:20 pm

Knox will be a good player when he’s 22-23 whether it’s on the knicks or some other team. People will be eating crow
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#89 » by IllmaticHandler » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:25 pm

robillionaire wrote:Knox will be a good player when he’s 22-23 whether it’s on the knicks or some other team. People will be eating crow

So that crow is a 4 year dish...I would not call that eating crow then.
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#90 » by HEZI » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:26 pm

Sark wrote:This is why the Knicks can never build anything. Everyone is too impatient. Knox, just like Frank, needs time to develop. Giving up on either of them, while on their rookie contract, is ridiculous.

The Lakers recently gave up on Russell and Randle on their rookie contracts, and they look like absolute fools for doing so.

Giving up and replacing are two different things. Lakers replaced Russell with cap space and Kuzma. Julius Randle also didnt want to resign there so he gave up on them but they also needed the cap space for LeBron. I don't think they would have been able to resign Randle and still sign LeBron. But yeah, you cant ignore the pick that Nets sent to LA in the DLo trade which turned out to be Kuzma and also LA got out of the Mozgov contract.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Post#91 » by robillionaire » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:32 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
robillionaire wrote:Knox will be a good player when he’s 22-23 whether it’s on the knicks or some other team. People will be eating crow

Why, people want him gone right now

That’s when players usually start to reach their potential not at age 19
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#92 » by IllmaticHandler » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:44 pm

robillionaire wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

I mean if people want him gone then yeah. Im speaking more of a serving crow four years later.

Like If frank became a stud, I would not serve crow @ 23. I cant fault people for being disappointed in him these last two seasons is the point I am making.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#93 » by dakomish23 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:18 pm

malik959 wrote:Man guys can not make up their minds here, you want the vets gone so we could developed our youth, but you want the youth to develope in the a-league. You want to lose to get a good draft pick but you want to look good losing, you want a coach that runs plays but coaches like Pop will cause us to win. You want to get top free agents but these players we tank for can be used to get so and so player. This will go on and on and on and on and on and on.....................................

Play the kids and live with the results.

There is a way to maximize this time when the losses are piling up.

We started to do it somewhat. Just fully commit to it.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
BKAY
Analyst
And1: 1,396

Post#94 » by BKAY » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:28 pm

BKAY wrote:Do some of you really think Knox is showing nothing? Pretty ridiculous standards being created for rookies, especially ones that are basically children.

There are even less teenagers in the Gleague (no more than 10) and Knox is certainly better than all of them. Dont love Knox personally. But the standards being set and the expectations for immediate production from <20 y.o. rookies has gotten out of hand. not only with the Knicks but league wide. Knox has had his moments. He's had some monster quarters but has had a hard time piecing together entire games. His defense is sus but not as awful as most are making it out to be. His advanced stats on D are god awful but lets not forget, he played a lot of minutes with Kanter, THJ, Mudiay. Not much of a defense but I think at worst you could say his Defense and D stats would be better if he were consistently sharing the court with + defenders (no duh, i know)
malik959
Lead Assistant

Post#95 » by malik959 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:14 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

I mean if people want him gone then yeah. Im speaking more of a serving crow four years later.

Like If frank became a stud, I would not serve crow @ 23. I cant fault people for being disappointed in him these last two seasons is the point I am making.

Orlando is eating crow over Olawidepo(spelling). You just don't give up on players this early.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#96 » by IllmaticHandler » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:28 pm

malik959 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

Orlando is eating crow over Olawidepo(spelling). You just don't give up on players this early.

first off spell the man name correct wtf. lol

he was there 3 years. And came into the NBA @ 21 and turned 22 his rookie season. He did not get right until 25. Also to Oladipo credit he reinvented himself so in some ways he had to realize what he was not doing right. He literally changed everything he was doing the first 4 years in off season in the NBA after he was traded from OKC.

He is one of those players that needed to bounce around to learn how to take it to the next level.
malik959
Lead Assistant

Post#97 » by malik959 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:32 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
malik959 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

he was there 3 years. And came into the NBA @ 21 and turned 22 his rookie season. He did not get right until 25. Also to Oladipo credit he reinvented himself so in some ways he had to realize what he was not doing right. He literally changed everything he was doing the first 4 years in off season in the NBA after he was traded from OKC.

He is one of those players that needed to bounce around to learn how to take it to the next level.

That's why I put (spelling), sorry I didn't want to look it up
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#98 » by IllmaticHandler » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:35 pm

malik959 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
malik959 wrote:Orlando is eating crow over Olawidepo(spelling). You just don't give up on players this early.

Nah I saw that, but that was a pretty bad butchering. :lol:

Its all good.
malik959
Lead Assistant

Post#99 » by malik959 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:35 pm

Lmao yeah I agree
IllmaticHandler wrote:
malik959 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

Nah I saw that, but that was a pretty bad butchering.

Its all good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
HighRyzer83
RealGM
And1: 4,487

Post#100 » by HighRyzer83 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:37 pm

I just hate the fact that the alphas on that rookie team were showing out. Young, Collins, Bagley... everyone wanted to showcase their stuff more than anything. That shows that they want to be the best. Knox was just there... he wasn't bad, he wasn't good, he was just mehh.. Typical beta boy trait. This game has no place for meh fortnite niceboys. This is the problem with Frank too. Knox better show some killer instinct and soon.

Return to New York Knicks