ImageImageImageImageImage

Why do people hate Fiz?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Esq-4
Veteran
And1: 318

Re: Why do people hate Fiz? 

Post#121 » by Esq-4 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:56 am

prophet_of_rage wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Esq-4 wrote:

Several reasons:

1. They might just want to be in NY (eg, KD and KI already have rings);
2. Or, it's the second tier and we over pay
3. There would potentially be 2 stars coming, or 1 with cap space to build a roster around him;
4. The current team is young and can develop;
5. Zion (or another top pick) to add to the talent;
6. Many of the current players will be gone on order to get the big name FAs, so the role players will be different (and perhaps include vets who can shoot/defend/pass/know basketball.)

Fix has had some questionable decisions, but we need to reserve decision another year.

Brooklyn is in NYC too, last I checked. Why this bum squad?
No reason to pick us over BK tbh.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Maybe I'm just not willing to accept that yet. Maybe it's just me, but I'd like to think all things being equal that Knicks edge Nets, even if Nets are in BK.

Either way, we have about 2 max slots top draft pick some young talent. BK having DRuss and young talent doesn't give them a landslide victory as more attractive.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#122 » by nykballa2k4 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:45 am

bleedblue3303 wrote:I'm confused why some people have Fiz hate.

He seems to be doing a great job of developing young talent.

Mitch, Dotson, Trier,Knox, even Mudiay
all seem to be improving.

He has started a culture where young guys play hard.
And enjoy playing here. Besides Kanter and KP there wasn't any drama here this year. I think it was a great rebuilding year.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY. ALL THIS WHILE MAINTAINING THE TANK!

What more would you like to see him do? I don't think he can complicate the system all that much while guys are still learning how to play the game. Also I think it is a strong possibility that Frank may not be a part of the teams plans anymore. So pretty sure that is why he is not playing.

Just curious why people don't like him. I have been very happy with the job he has done.

I don't like him because he doesn't give players that I like minutes. Ultimately he was hired to be a recruiter. If we get KD and Kyrie, he did his job to perfection. If we don't then we will have to judge him on the merits of the team over the next 2 years and continued progression. If he put Frank in the starting 5, I know that I would be happier with him. We don't need to see Mudiay, we don't need to see Vonleh. We need to see Frank.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,653

Post#123 » by prophet_of_rage » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:58 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:

And enjoy playing here. Besides Kanter and KP there wasn't any drama here this year. I think it was a great rebuilding year.

What more would you like to see him do? I don't think he can complicate the system all that much while guys are still learning how to play the game. Also I think it is a strong possibility that Frank may not be a part of the teams plans anymore. So pretty sure that is why he is not playing.

Just curious why people don't like him. I have been very happy with the job he has done.

I don't like him because he doesn't give players that I like minutes. Ultimately he was hired to be a recruiter. If we get KD and Kyrie, he did his job to perfection. If we don't then we will have to judge him on the merits of the team over the next 2 years and continued progression. If he put Frank in the starting 5, I know that I would be happier with him. We don't need to see Mudiay, we don't need to see Vonleh. We need to see Frank.
That's honezt.

Loisl
Veteran
And1: 187

Post#124 » by Loisl » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:51 pm

Stop this no Euro-player bull. Gasol, Kanter (not as crucial s the others), KP and now Frank. Players are taking notice. Fiz is squandering our credibilty and potential future.

Frank is a more likely a good NBA player, than Fiz a good NBA coach, IMHO.
Therefore he should develop him by playing him at least 20 mpg. No matter which other player is playing good. He should find the minutes for Frank.
R.I.P. Mags - :beer:
Once a Knick, always a Knick.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#125 » by prophet_of_rage » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:44 pm

Loisl wrote:Stop this no Euro-player bull. Gasol, Kanter (not as crucial s the others), KP and now Frank. Players are taking notice. Fiz is squandering our credibilty and potential future.

Therefore he should develop him by playing him at least 20 mpg. No matter which other player is playing good. He should find the minutes for Frank.
You might want to check Frank's minutes per game.

Sent from my SM-N950W using RealGM mobile app
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#126 » by prophet_of_rage » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:47 pm

Loisl wrote:Stop this no Euro-player bull. Gasol, Kanter (not as crucial s the others), KP and now Frank. Players are taking notice. Fiz is squandering our credibilty and potential future.

Frank is averaging almost exactly what he did last year 5.9 points on 6.7 attempts, 2 rebounds, 3 assists with 40 per cent efg. It's shocking gow he is the exact same player in pretty much the exact same minutes.

NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,362

Post#127 » by NoStatsGuy » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:30 am

prophet_of_rage wrote:
Sark wrote:
NoStatsGuy wrote:what people get wrong about todays NBA and their coaches. its not so much about x's and o's anymore, you need a coach players can relate to, especially young teams.

fiz is checking all those boxes and is a very modern nba coach. i think its mostly internet forums, that hate fizdale. so its whatever, really. I like coach, i hope he stays for a long time.

im starting to think about x and o when we are in the playoffs, when it actually matters a bit.

Eh, just about all the top teams have a good x's and o's coach. I mean Kerr replacing Jackson, and Budenholzer replacing Kidd, and the success that each has had pretty much shows that the schematic guy is outperforming the cool, relatable guy.
Except Kerr and Bud are the cool, relatable fuys and Jackson and Kidd were both raving jackasses.

exactly..

you can see the same with stevens, from the celtics.

obviously there is exception to the rule. but genrelly teams basically all run the same stuff
im bout dat action boss
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,362

Post#128 » by NoStatsGuy » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:36 am

NYKAL wrote:
drekwins wrote:

3 Main Reasons (at least for me)

1) He chooses favorites irrationally and without justification
2) He preaches defense but doesn't hold anyone accountable to it. Worse, he doesn't reward the guys who do play good D (Mitch, Frank).
3) Many of the young guys have not progressed nearly enough from game 1 until now

Mitch is not ready 30 plus minutes a game and last night was the proof. No one should even be mentioning Frank since he's been MIA far too long to even be part of the "current" discussion.

So, the biggest critique I got from this entire thread was that he wasn't playing Mitch and Frank as much as some want. LMAO ya'll going bat **** crazy over a season without meaning. Hold players accountable...for what when most won't be back next season.

Fiz could sit on the bench and not engage with the team for the entire game and I wouldn't care. I'm seeing growth from everyone not named Frank so, he's doing good imo.

also, as much as we all love defense if you are only able to defend and have 0 offensive game you just cant play
im bout dat action boss
Loisl
Veteran
And1: 187

Post#129 » by Loisl » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:30 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:

You might want to check Frank's minutes per game.

lol, you are right. my bad. it sure doesnt feel like 21 mpg though.
R.I.P. Mags - :beer:
Once a Knick, always a Knick.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,694

Post#130 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:57 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:

Frank is averaging almost exactly what he did last year 5.9 points on 6.7 attempts, 2 rebounds, 3 assists with 40 per cent efg. It's shocking gow he is the exact same player in pretty much the exact same minutes.

Frank's playing time was inconsistent and sporadic without a clearly defined role on a team with no real identity (particularly on defense) in a season where his development should have taken priority ... especially over Mudiay. This season was the perfect opportunity to do this and Tasha's B dropped the ball.
Free Palestine
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#131 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:05 pm

Tasha's B? The name calling was already corny, now it getting downright childish and stupid.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#132 » by nykballa2k4 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:09 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:Tasha's B? The name calling was already corny, now it getting downright childish and stupid.

Would it be so bad if that was his biggest accomplishment? Better than anything Woody or Jeff did no?
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,828

Post#133 » by spree2kawhi » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:36 am

Maybe he's hated for the fact that this team is last in the league in assists, while the top 2 teams in assists also have the overall top records.

Maybe it's because the team would have the personnel to play pass, move, catch & shoot basketball, however we run terribly stagnant dribble penetration plays without any ball or player movement and then keep wondering why our freaking shooting percentages are so low. Hey coach, passing increases percentages!

Maybe that's why.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#134 » by prophet_of_rage » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:02 pm

Did you watch the Grizzlies offence? It featured ball and player movement. The personnel change makes all the difference.

prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#135 » by prophet_of_rage » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:04 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:

Frank's playing time was inconsistent and sporadic without a clearly defined role on a team with no real identity (particularly on defense) in a season where his development should have taken priority ... especially over Mudiay. This season was the perfect opportunity to do this and Tasha's B dropped the ball.
Frank started the year playing 36 minutes and sucked everywhere he was played. He was benched twice and still didn't improve so his minutes were cut. Him not finding a spot on the floor has little to do with Mudiay and more with him not being able to score.

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,317

Post#136 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:23 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:Did you watch the Grizzlies offence? It featured ball and player movement. The personnel change makes all the difference.

Probably implemented by his assistant coach there that we forgot to hire with him, just like how with Hornacek his defenses didn't look terrible in Phoenix, but Knicks failed to realize the defense was coached by another guy, who the Knicks couldn't get along with Hornacek, because that coach didn't suck. Mike Longabardi - the Cavs wouldn't let him go.

Just kidding. The roster does suck. But Fiz isn't really that good either.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#137 » by prophet_of_rage » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:42 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:Did you watch the Grizzlies offence? It featured ball and player movement. The personnel change makes all the difference.

Probably implemented by his assistant coach there that we forgot to hire with him, just like how with Hornacek his defenses didn't look terrible in Phoenix, but Knicks failed to realize the defense was coached by another guy, who the Knicks couldn't get along with Hornacek, because that coach didn't suck. Mike Longabardi - the Cavs wouldn't let him go.

Fiz is a second year head coach. He's just like our players.

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,317

Post#138 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:35 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Meaning not very good? :D
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#139 » by prophet_of_rage » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:32 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Meaning not very good? :D
Relative to competition.

Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#140 » by Sark » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:35 pm

Fizdale has a worse winning % than Frank's TS%.

Return to New York Knicks