ImageImageImageImageImage

Why do people hate Fiz?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,069

Re: Why do people hate Fiz? 

Post#141 » by Jeffrey » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:56 pm

Why do superstars still want to come to the Knicks that comes with a (Please Use More Appropriate Word) owner, media with teeth and distractions to no end? TO. BE. IMMORTAL.

What is the only other reason why stars want to come here? If the Knicks had as many rings as Boston and LA, I don't see them coming here. This is the ultimate test, to chase a unicorn with the distractions. And you will need 2-3 stars with tunnel vision that only sees the end of the light to win here.

If you win here, your feet will be kissed by every Knick fan on this board. Yes, some of y'all will munch on those toenails if they win.

And I feel that for a small possible window that we can get 3 superstars... so don't mind me if I go effing crazy when 3 legit star players are here rather than seeing Knox, Smith Jr. etc.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#142 » by Greenie » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:21 am

Jeffrey wrote:Why do superstars still want to come to the Knicks that comes with a (Please Use More Appropriate Word) owner, media with teeth and distractions to no end? TO. BE. IMMORTAL.

What is the only other reason why stars want to come here? If the Knicks had as many rings as Boston and LA, I don't see them coming here. This is the ultimate test, to chase a unicorn with the distractions. And you will need 2-3 stars with tunnel vision that only sees the end of the light to win here.

If you win here, your feet will be kissed by every Knick fan on this board. Yes, some of y'all will munch on those toenails if they win.

And I feel that for a small possible window that we can get 3 superstars... so don't mind me if I go effing crazy when 3 legit star players are here rather than seeing Knox, Smith Jr. etc.

This is a load of bull.

The Knicks haven’t won **** in forever so obviously stars DON’T come here. When we finally got one **** went left and we hung him.

Name other stars that came here in the last 20 years.

LeBron hit Free agency how many times? Each time he told us to kiss his ass. And that’s a ninja supposedly chasing Jordan’s ghost.

KD didn’t come here and had the chance. He went to a team ALREADY winning. Now he’s supposed to throw that away to come here to look like LeBron’s ass in LA? Yeah right.

When Knick fans try to fall back on legacy they look foolish. We have none and aren’t that important to basketball outside of financially driven reasons.

People keep talking about a player coming to save us. The Knicks need to save themselves.
BKAY
Analyst
And1: 1,396

Post#143 » by BKAY » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:29 am

Jeffrey wrote:Why do superstars still want to come to the Knicks that comes with a (Please Use More Appropriate Word) owner, media with teeth and distractions to no end? TO. BE. IMMORTAL.

To sum it up in three letters. NYC. The fans are always more upset than the players and the coaches when it comes to Dolan. Its always about how so-and-so is being wronged but those guys never say a dang peep, most times. It will be interesting to see what Phil's gotta say when he finally goes public.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#144 » by Greenie » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:06 am

Fiz answers this for you every game
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,312

Post#145 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:56 pm

Context
RealGM
And1: 12,300

Post#146 » by Context » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:01 pm

Greenie wrote:Fiz answers this for you every game

he's tanking you guys are doing too much...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Context
RealGM

Post#147 » by Context » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:04 pm

and i dont want to hear none of you crying if Fiz's becomes weak and subsides to the pressure and we go on a winning streak...smdh
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,062

Post#148 » by GONYK » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:05 pm

Context wrote:and i dont want to hear none of you crying if Fiz's becomes weak and subsides to the pressure and we go on a winning streak...smdh

Do you believe that the only reason we haven't been winning is because Fizdale has decided not to?
Context
RealGM

Post#149 » by Context » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:07 pm

GONYK wrote:
Context wrote:and i dont want to hear none of you crying if Fiz's becomes weak and subsides to the pressure and we go on a winning streak...smdh

Do you believe that the only reason we haven't been winning is because Fizdale has decided not to?

not clear on what you're asking me...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Context
RealGM

Post#150 » by Context » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:54 pm

Yall doing waaay tooo much- Doc Rivers doesn't agree with you:

“I think he’s done a remarkable job,” said Rivers, according to ESPN’s Ian Begley. “He’s had a tough job. I’ve been in that position. You have a bunch of young guys. I had four high school guys one year, or three high school guys, in Boston. That’s hard.”

“That’s a hard job because you’re teaching and you’re not necessarily winning. But it pays dividends later,” said Rivers. “Some of those guys turn into pieces to help you win. Some of those guys turn into pieces that you use. But either way, you have to develop. Developing is hard.”

Spoiler:
https://clutchpoints.com/knicks-news-clippers-coach-doc-rivers-praises-david-fizdales-job-coaching-young-players/
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,686

Post#151 » by shtolky » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:13 pm

It's Fiz's fault Frank didn't develop this year while missing half the season with injuries. Mudiay is objectively having his best season as a pro (not saying he's good or anything, but what I said is true), but Fiz doesn't deserve credit for that because Mudiay is the worst player in NBA history according to people here. He obviously shouldn't get any credit for Mitch being the steal of the draft, that credit goes to DJ only. Trier playing well as an undrafted FA is probably due to him already having that dog in him.

It wouldn't matter who the coach was, the forum would bash him. He gets bashed for playing Knox 30 mpg for some reason when his only backup is basically Hezonja who the forum bashes consistently. When you have a G-League roster, the team will tend to look like garbage no matter what. If Fiz and the team sucks next year when there is actual NBA talent on the roster, then go nuts on him. Pretty silly to do so this year. Yes, roster construction matters...a lot.
Context
RealGM

Post#152 » by Context » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:21 pm

shtolky wrote:It's Fiz's fault Frank didn't develop this year while missing half the season with injuries. Mudiay is objectively having his best season as a pro (not saying he's good or anything, but what I said is true), but Fiz doesn't deserve credit for that because Mudiay is the worst player in NBA history according to people here. He obviously shouldn't get any credit for Mitch being the steal of the draft, that credit goes to DJ only. Trier playing well as an undrafted FA is probably due to him already having that dog in him.

It wouldn't matter who the coach was, the forum would bash him. He gets bashed for playing Knox 30 mpg for some reason when his only backup is basically Hezonja who the forum bashes consistently. When you have a G-League roster, the team will tend to look like garbage no matter what. If Fiz and the team sucks next year when there is actual NBA talent on the roster, then go nuts on him. Pretty silly to do so this year. Yes, roster construction matters...a lot.

LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,062

Post#153 » by GONYK » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:31 pm

shtolky wrote:It's Fiz's fault Frank didn't develop this year while missing half the season with injuries. Mudiay is objectively having his best season as a pro (not saying he's good or anything, but what I said is true), but Fiz doesn't deserve credit for that because Mudiay is the worst player in NBA history according to people here. He obviously shouldn't get any credit for Mitch being the steal of the draft, that credit goes to DJ only. Trier playing well as an undrafted FA is probably due to him already having that dog in him.

This lacks a little bit of nuance in terms of what people are actually annoyed about.

In a season where wins are irrelevant, who cares who Knox's backup is?

Fiz established early in the season that if a young guy is struggling, you sit a few games. Knox never saw that level of accountability, even when he was playing no defense and with an extremely low motor. In fact, there are tons of examples of times that Fiz rewarded the exact opposite behavior that he said he was focused on fostering.

That kind of inconsistency is just one of the many reasons that people are showing frustration with Fiz. That kind of thing is not dependent on the quality of the roster either.
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,332

Post#154 » by drekwins » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:42 pm

Context wrote:
GONYK wrote:

We couldn't win even if we tried. Our roster is horrible.
Context
RealGM

Post#155 » by Context » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:46 pm

GONYK wrote:

In a season where wins are irrelevant, who cares who Knox's backup is?

Fiz established early in the season that if a young guy is struggling, you sit a few games. Knox never saw that level of accountability, even when he was playing no defense and with an extremely low motor. In fact, there are tons of examples of times that he rewarded the exact opposite behavior that he said he was focused on fostering.

That kind of inconsistency is just one of the many reasons that people are showing frustration with Fiz. That kind of thing is not dependent on the quality of the roster either.

I am sure he has his reasons- maybe the FO and Fiz have their reasons...Point being- its his first season, its a tank year, no need
for the microscope to be on him right now Gony...There is enough good things for this board to give him the benefit of the doubt- not to mention, we dont have all of the "behind the scenes" info...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Context
RealGM

Post#156 » by Context » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:48 pm

drekwins wrote:
Context wrote:
GONYK wrote:

We couldn't win even if we tried. Our roster is horrible.

now I get Gony's question...I think there were some situations where if Mitch was played -or left to finish a game -we would have won...
just some situations...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#157 » by Thugger HBC » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:06 pm

Fiz did about face to some of things he said. Maybe HE thought the roster could prove to be better than what it was.

He did preach accountability especially on defense. Look at the roster, and be serious. Who's the defenders? Frank Lance Mitch, Vonleh were pretty much the most of note, cant play them all together primarily because none a real scoring options, and despite defensive importance, this is a scoring league.

I cant fault the coach for playing a rookie a ton of minutes. That's what anyone should want to see. I do think Fiz said he'd throw Knox into the fire, that to me would indicate he would get a full chunk of court action.....and he has.

As for a system to be set, after watch the Phil Jackson experiment and D'antoni several coaches before....nah, I wanna see the talent come in first. System can be added after the talent to make a system work gets plugged in. Already seen the south, now I'd rather see the North.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,332

Post#158 » by drekwins » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:18 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:Fiz did about face to some of things he said. Maybe HE thought the roster could prove to be better than what it was.

He did preach accountability especially on defense. Look at the roster, and be serious. Who's the defenders? Frank Lance Mitch, Vonleh were pretty much the most of note, cant play them all together primarily because none a real scoring options, and despite defensive importance, this is a scoring league.

I cant fault the coach for playing a rookie a ton of minutes. That's what anyone should want to see. I do think Fiz said he'd throw Knox into the fire, that to me would indicate he would get a full chunk of court action.....and he has.

As for a system to be set, after watch the Phil Jackson experiment and D'antoni several coaches before....nah, I wanna see the talent come in first. System can be added after the talent to make a system work gets plugged in. Already seen the south, now I'd rather see the North.

I don't buy the scoring argument. We can't crack 95 even with our "offensive lineup". I personally think that defense leads to offense. It's better to play great defenders than guys who are slightly better scorers but still below average. Those guys really don't have a place and we have had a bunch of them.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#159 » by Thugger HBC » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:31 pm

drekwins wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:Fiz did about face to some of things he said. Maybe HE thought the roster could prove to be better than what it was.

I don't buy the scoring argument. We can't crack 95 even with our "offensive lineup". I personally think that defense leads to offense. It's better to play great defenders than guys who are slightly better scorers but still below average. Those guys really don't have a place and we have had a bunch of them.

Defense does lead to offense, but those defenders need to have offensive skill otherwise they'll be back on defense real quick.

Plug in our best defenders exclusively we wouldn't score much at all and those guys would likely foul out anyway. Our scoring output took a major dip after the trade. That's what happens when you trade not one, but two guys capable of 15-20 nightly and don't truly replace that.

As for who has a place or not, really that applies to nearly everyone on the roster, even some of the "defensive" minded guys.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Post#160 » by whocares1 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:55 pm

Context wrote:Yall doing waaay tooo much- Doc Rivers doesn't agree with you:

“I think he’s done a remarkable job,” said Rivers, according to ESPN’s Ian Begley. “He’s had a tough job. I’ve been in that position. You have a bunch of young guys. I had four high school guys one year, or three high school guys, in Boston. That’s hard.”

“That’s a hard job because you’re teaching and you’re not necessarily winning. But it pays dividends later,” said Rivers. “Some of those guys turn into pieces to help you win. Some of those guys turn into pieces that you use. But either way, you have to develop. Developing is hard.”

Spoiler:
https://clutchpoints.com/knicks-news-clippers-coach-doc-rivers-praises-david-fizdales-job-coaching-young-players/

Yea but who’s opinion is more valid, Doc Rivers or Knicksfan4lyfe123?

Return to New York Knicks