ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Frank Ntilikina Thread

Moderators: GONYK, Thugger HBC, Jeff Van Gully, King of Canada, j4remi, Capn'O, mrpoetryNmotion, mpharris36, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, K-DOT

User avatar
Fat Kat
RealGM
Posts: 25,452
And1: 14,817
Joined: Apr 19, 2004
     

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1961 » by Fat Kat » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:40 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
K-DOT wrote:Someone's upset they got called out on their bullsh*t lol


Not upset. Just looking for that quote.

Slow down and look at yourself.

If you're too lazy to literally look a page earlier, that's on you

Regardless,

Spoiler:
Fat Kat wrote:
This isn’t Hoosiers. Guards need to be able to beat their man one on one. It collapses the defense and creates open shots.



And now comes the part where you pretend like you didn't mean what you said.

Are you also gonna pretend you didn't use DSJ's DRTG being better than Frank's as proof Frank can't be good defensively?

Take my weirdo crap somewhere else lol. So salty because you can't handle being proven wrong.


The quote speaks for itself and didn’t mention any of the other things that you conveniently added. You reading what I posted, getting triggered and then mischaracterizing the quote is weirdo crap. You then listening to those voices in your head, arguing against them and saying you proved me wrong is scary.

You getting worked up by the stats I posted is an indication that you need to take a breather.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
User avatar
Fat Kat
RealGM
Posts: 25,452
And1: 14,817
Joined: Apr 19, 2004
     

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1962 » by Fat Kat » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:43 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:So.....how many minutes are we predicting Frank plays next season? He'll definitely have comp at the 1-3 positions. I doubt he starts.

I guess if he truly did get taller perhaps some small ball 4 is in the works for him.


He’ll be out of the rotation unless someone gets injured. Don’t see him as top 2 at any position. I wouldn’t mind him getting some play in the gleague.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 34,545
And1: 22,408
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1963 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:47 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:So.....how many minutes are we predicting Frank plays next season? He'll definitely have comp at the 1-3 positions. I doubt he starts.

I guess if he truly did get taller perhaps some small ball 4 is in the works for him.


If he is not going to be given any minutes at the start of the season I'd rather see him starting in Westchester logging minutes and working on his game
User avatar
K-DOT
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 10,841
And1: 13,533
Joined: Nov 25, 2016
         

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1964 » by K-DOT » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:52 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Not upset. Just looking for that quote.

Slow down and look at yourself.

If you're too lazy to literally look a page earlier, that's on you

Regardless,

Spoiler:


And now comes the part where you pretend like you didn't mean what you said.

Are you also gonna pretend you didn't use DSJ's DRTG being better than Frank's as proof Frank can't be good defensively?

Take my weirdo crap somewhere else lol. So salty because you can't handle being proven wrong.


The quote speaks for itself and didn’t mention any of the other things that you conveniently added. You reading what I posted, getting triggered and then mischaracterizing the quote is weirdo crap. You then listening to those voices in your head, arguing against them and saying you proved me wrong is scary.

You getting worked up by the stats I posted is an indication that you need to take a breather.

And your condescension towards my posts is an indication that you have no arguments against the stats I posted

You make a post, I make a rebuttal, and instead of arguing the point you decide to isolate one line and claim I'm mischaracterizing what you said

Maybe you need to take a break, look at yourself, stuff like that. My point still stands. The stats you used are overly basic, and Frank's defense is great, which I can prove statistically. He probably won't be a point guard, but he's still far better than you say
BAF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Jalen Lecque
Cam Johnson/Malik Monk
Keita Bates-Diop
Darius Bazley/Juan Hernangomez
Goga Bitadze/Dwight Howard

Reserves: Pat McCaw, Isaac Bonga, Melvin Frazier, Gorgui Dieng
IR: Josh Jackson's contract (rip)
User avatar
Kampuchea
Head Coach
Posts: 6,374
And1: 2,722
Joined: Oct 20, 2010
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
       

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1965 » by Kampuchea » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:01 pm

The games can’t start soon enough. At least this isn’t as bad as the political Facebook arguments.
User avatar
Fat Kat
RealGM
Posts: 25,452
And1: 14,817
Joined: Apr 19, 2004
     

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1966 » by Fat Kat » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:05 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
K-DOT wrote:If you're too lazy to literally look a page earlier, that's on you

Regardless,

Spoiler:


And now comes the part where you pretend like you didn't mean what you said.

Are you also gonna pretend you didn't use DSJ's DRTG being better than Frank's as proof Frank can't be good defensively?

Take my weirdo crap somewhere else lol. So salty because you can't handle being proven wrong.


The quote speaks for itself and didn’t mention any of the other things that you conveniently added. You reading what I posted, getting triggered and then mischaracterizing the quote is weirdo crap. You then listening to those voices in your head, arguing against them and saying you proved me wrong is scary.

You getting worked up by the stats I posted is an indication that you need to take a breather.

And your condescension towards my posts is an indication that you have no arguments against the stats I posted

You make a post, I make a rebuttal, and instead of arguing the point you decide to isolate one line and claim I'm mischaracterizing what you said

Maybe you need to take a break, look at yourself, stuff like that. My point still stands. The stats you used are overly basic, and Frank's defense is great, which I can prove statistically. He probably won't be a point guard, but he's still far better than you say


What rebuttal? I posted stats. Numbers. A snapshot of all the guards. Save the straw man arguments for someone that doesn’t know better. I’m really not interested.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
User avatar
K-DOT
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 10,841
And1: 13,533
Joined: Nov 25, 2016
         

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1967 » by K-DOT » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:11 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
The quote speaks for itself and didn’t mention any of the other things that you conveniently added. You reading what I posted, getting triggered and then mischaracterizing the quote is weirdo crap. You then listening to those voices in your head, arguing against them and saying you proved me wrong is scary.

You getting worked up by the stats I posted is an indication that you need to take a breather.

And your condescension towards my posts is an indication that you have no arguments against the stats I posted

You make a post, I make a rebuttal, and instead of arguing the point you decide to isolate one line and claim I'm mischaracterizing what you said

Maybe you need to take a break, look at yourself, stuff like that. My point still stands. The stats you used are overly basic, and Frank's defense is great, which I can prove statistically. He probably won't be a point guard, but he's still far better than you say


What rebuttal? I posted stats. Numbers. A snapshot of all the guards. Save the straw man arguments for someone that doesn’t know better. I’m really not interested.

Because you were trying to say that Frank isn't really that good on defense, cause that's what you do. I made the point that your data was incomplete, and you got triggered cause I said something in relation to a previous post you made, cause you know I'm right cause you do this all the time. Post stats that are incomplete in an attempt to prove Frank's defense is overrated, then when someone points out where you're missing something, you get super defensive and claim you're just posting objective facts, when you're not. You post facts, but they're incomplete and you ignore the ones that contradict your opinions.

If you were just posting stats only to post stats, you wouldn't have gotten so offended with me, cause I just posted stats too. The fact that you've been so upset proves you were trying to push an opinion, and are mad because not all the stats agree with you

You don't have to get so salty about it.
BAF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Jalen Lecque
Cam Johnson/Malik Monk
Keita Bates-Diop
Darius Bazley/Juan Hernangomez
Goga Bitadze/Dwight Howard

Reserves: Pat McCaw, Isaac Bonga, Melvin Frazier, Gorgui Dieng
IR: Josh Jackson's contract (rip)
User avatar
god shammgod
Knicks Forum Crazy Board Uncle
Posts: 94,352
And1: 52,723
Joined: Feb 18, 2006
Location: Never Too Early to Tank

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1968 » by god shammgod » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:00 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:So.....how many minutes are we predicting Frank plays next season? He'll definitely have comp at the 1-3 positions. I doubt he starts.

I guess if he truly did get taller perhaps some small ball 4 is in the works for him.


the 4 is the most crowded position. it's so crowded we're playing a 4 at the 3 and we're playing his backup, knox, as a 3 even though he might be better at the 4 too. i don't really see him playing at all to start. i looked at this earlier in this thread and there really isn't a spot for him in the rotation unless they sit knox or trier and i don't see that. there's other guys who won't play that are probably ahead of him. a 10 man rotation is what fiz played last year mostly.

mitch, portis
randle, taj
morris, knox
rj, trier
dsj, payton

that leaves out ellington, dot, iggy, and eventually bullock. dot is a 2 way player and had a better year so i don't see how frank plays over him. and they have to play those other guards they signed some just because. frank is in trouble.
Image
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 34,545
And1: 22,408
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1969 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:14 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:So.....how many minutes are we predicting Frank plays next season? He'll definitely have comp at the 1-3 positions. I doubt he starts.

I guess if he truly did get taller perhaps some small ball 4 is in the works for him.


the 4 is the most crowded position. it's so crowded we're playing a 4 at the 3 and we're playing his backup, knox, as a 3 even though he might be better at the 4 too. i don't really see him playing at all to start. i looked at this earlier in this thread and there really isn't a spot for him in the rotation unless they sit knox or trier and i don't see that. there's other guys who won't play that are probably ahead of him. a 10 man rotation is what fiz played last year mostly.

mitch, portis
randle, taj
morris, knox
rj, trier
dsj, payton

that leaves out ellington, dot, iggy, and eventually bullock. dot is a 2 way player and had a better year so i don't see how frank plays over him. and they have to play those other guards they signed some just because. frank is in trouble.


If Frank is not traded he better stay ready to take advantage of any openings due to injuries. That or Westchester is what I foresee as his best options as a Knick for now. If Fiz confounds me and plays Frank early I'll be gobsmacked
User avatar
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 57,736
And1: 25,500
Joined: Jun 27, 2003
Location: Frankie N Baby
   

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1970 » by GONYK » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:15 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:So.....how many minutes are we predicting Frank plays next season? He'll definitely have comp at the 1-3 positions. I doubt he starts.

I guess if he truly did get taller perhaps some small ball 4 is in the works for him.


the 4 is the most crowded position. it's so crowded we're playing a 4 at the 3 and we're playing his backup, knox, as a 3 even though he might be better at the 4 too. i don't really see him playing at all to start. i looked at this earlier in this thread and there really isn't a spot for him in the rotation unless they sit knox or trier and i don't see that. there's other guys who won't play that are probably ahead of him. a 10 man rotation is what fiz played last year mostly.

mitch, portis
randle, taj
morris, knox
rj, trier
dsj, payton

that leaves out ellington, dot, iggy, and eventually bullock. dot is a 2 way player and had a better year so i don't see how frank plays over him. and they have to play those other guards they signed some just because. frank is in trouble.


We have no use for defense or ball movement, so I'm not optimistic.
User avatar
DaT WaVeY RiCaN
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,326
And1: 1,177
Joined: Jan 23, 2013
Location: 860 CT
     

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1971 » by DaT WaVeY RiCaN » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:22 pm

So how tall is Frank now? I keep hearing some people say 6’7 then others say 6’8
User avatar
K-DOT
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 10,841
And1: 13,533
Joined: Nov 25, 2016
         

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1972 » by K-DOT » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:28 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:So how tall is Frank now? I keep hearing some people say 6’7 then others say 6’8

I hear he's almost 7 feet now

But in all seriousness, it's probably 6'7. Just going off of, he was listed at 6'5 as a rookie, which means he was 6'5 without shoes cause that's how they measure in Europe, so add an inch for shoes and assume he grew one, that's 6'7
BAF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Jalen Lecque
Cam Johnson/Malik Monk
Keita Bates-Diop
Darius Bazley/Juan Hernangomez
Goga Bitadze/Dwight Howard

Reserves: Pat McCaw, Isaac Bonga, Melvin Frazier, Gorgui Dieng
IR: Josh Jackson's contract (rip)
Thugger HBC
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 48,347
And1: 17,024
Joined: Jan 14, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
       

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1973 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:37 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:So.....how many minutes are we predicting Frank plays next season? He'll definitely have comp at the 1-3 positions. I doubt he starts.

I guess if he truly did get taller perhaps some small ball 4 is in the works for him.


the 4 is the most crowded position. it's so crowded we're playing a 4 at the 3 and we're playing his backup, knox, as a 3 even though he might be better at the 4 too. i don't really see him playing at all to start. i looked at this earlier in this thread and there really isn't a spot for him in the rotation unless they sit knox or trier and i don't see that. there's other guys who won't play that are probably ahead of him. a 10 man rotation is what fiz played last year mostly.

mitch, portis
randle, taj
morris, knox
rj, trier
dsj, payton

that leaves out ellington, dot, iggy, and eventually bullock. dot is a 2 way player and had a better year so i don't see how frank plays over him. and they have to play those other guards they signed some just because. frank is in trouble.

Just wondering if there is some real way to get him in. I don't see it at either guards position or the three. Yeah 4 is rather deep as well. If guess if the NBA was like the NFL Frank would be awesome.
If winning matters, the role shouldn't.....the results should.

The ...02% of the fanbse be like...http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1542565&start=140#start_here
User avatar
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 57,736
And1: 25,500
Joined: Jun 27, 2003
Location: Frankie N Baby
   

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1974 » by GONYK » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:03 pm

Once again, this whole debate really becomes moot if Frank is a 37% 3pt shooter.

If you have a 6'7" player who is
- An elite backcourt defender that is switchy enough to cover 4 positions on the floor
- Can run the PnR effectively
- Doesn't need shots and will allow your scorers to operate
- Hits open 3's
- Provides a top 10 defense whenever he's paired with your starting 5

It will be absolute malpractice to not find time for him
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 34,545
And1: 22,408
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1975 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:13 pm

GONYK wrote:Once again, this whole debate really becomes moot if Frank is a 37% 3pt shooter.

If you have a 6'7" player who is
- An elite backcourt defender that is switchy enough to cover 4 positions on the floor
- Can run the PnR effectively
- Doesn't need shots and will allow your scorers to operate
- Hits open 3's
- Provides a top 10 defense whenever he's paired with your starting 5

It will be absolute malpractice to not find time for him


100%. I think most of us are simply wary of, and thus noting, Fiz's questionable judgement
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 34,545
And1: 22,408
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1976 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:15 pm

K-DOT wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:So how tall is Frank now? I keep hearing some people say 6’7 then others say 6’8

I hear he's almost 7 feet now

But in all seriousness, it's probably 6'7. Just going off of, he was listed at 6'5 as a rookie, which means he was 6'5 without shoes cause that's how they measure in Europe, so add an inch for shoes and assume he grew one, that's 6'7


That means his wing span is probably now comparable to most 7 footers since his arms are freakishly long
User avatar
BKlutch
General Manager
Posts: 9,660
And1: 5,866
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1977 » by BKlutch » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:24 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:So how tall is Frank now? I keep hearing some people say 6’7 then others say 6’8

I hear he's almost 7 feet now

But in all seriousness, it's probably 6'7. Just going off of, he was listed at 6'5 as a rookie, which means he was 6'5 without shoes cause that's how they measure in Europe, so add an inch for shoes and assume he grew one, that's 6'7


That means his wing span is probably now comparable to most 7 footers since his arms are freakishly long

Maybe Frank and Mitch can play in defensive situations together. We could call them the Arm Bros!
.
.
----------------------
Killa Knickzzz Kidz
User avatar
Kampuchea
Head Coach
Posts: 6,374
And1: 2,722
Joined: Oct 20, 2010
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
       

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1978 » by Kampuchea » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:30 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:So.....how many minutes are we predicting Frank plays next season? He'll definitely have comp at the 1-3 positions. I doubt he starts.

I guess if he truly did get taller perhaps some small ball 4 is in the works for him.


the 4 is the most crowded position. it's so crowded we're playing a 4 at the 3 and we're playing his backup, knox, as a 3 even though he might be better at the 4 too. i don't really see him playing at all to start. i looked at this earlier in this thread and there really isn't a spot for him in the rotation unless they sit knox or trier and i don't see that. there's other guys who won't play that are probably ahead of him. a 10 man rotation is what fiz played last year mostly.

mitch, portis
randle, taj
morris, knox
rj, trier
dsj, payton

that leaves out ellington, dot, iggy, and eventually bullock. dot is a 2 way player and had a better year so i don't see how frank plays over him. and they have to play those other guards they signed some just because. frank is in trouble.


We should not have signed either Taj or Portis, Knox or Morris plays more at the 4 and Frank gets minutes at the 3.

I really think Frank is meant to play SF
User avatar
2010
Knicks Forum A Helluva Poster
Posts: 23,496
And1: 16,275
Joined: Jul 24, 2008
       

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1979 » by 2010 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:53 pm

I’m likely late to the debate here but I think many believe Fiz isn’t holding the kids accountable cuz they didn’t see outright benchings, being pulled from the lineup for defensive slip-ups, and there was no calling guys out to the media.

Me personally, I hate that type of coaching. Call guys out in the film room, not through the media. Which is why I hated the Larry Brown and Phil Jackson old school tactics. That may have worked back in the days but today’s player is more sensitive and with social media 24/7coverage, and meme culture, it is not effective to operate putting players on blast like that.

What I will say in closure is that this season will determine a lot about Fiz’s coaching and developmental ability. There will be no tanking agenda so we should see him playing to win and a more obvious outlook on his developmental tactics.
Image Image

We The North...

1: Sexton | Collison | Mudiay
2: Redick | Harris | Burks
3: Knox | Hood | Korver
4: Towns | Portis | Randolph
5: Cousins | ✖ | Jones

G League: Dotson | Caboclo | Konate
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 34,545
And1: 22,408
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1980 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:59 pm

2010 wrote:I’m likely late to the debate here but I think many believe Fiz isn’t holding the kids accountable cuz they didn’t see outright benchings, being pulled from the lineup for defensive slip-ups, and there was no calling guys out to the media.

Me personally, I hate that type of coaching. Call guys out in the film room, not through the media. Which is why I hated the Larry Brown and Phil Jackson old school tactics. That may have worked back in the days but today’s player is more sensitive and with social media 24/7coverage, and meme culture, it is not effective to operate putting players on blast like that.

What I will say in closure is that this season will determine a lot about Fiz’s coaching and developmental ability. There will be no tanking agenda so we should see him playing to win and a more obvious outlook on his developmental tactics.


His problem is he has diarrhea mouth and says things just because he wants to fill silences, not because he has a fully formulated thought he needs to share.

It is a problem with big talkers. They overshoot the mark and then have to figure out the logic of everything they've said after the fact. He boxes himself into a corner.

This guy needs to dial down the hustler and think only like a coach and then he may blab less.

If you're all about defense, then preach it to the players and get them to play it. We don't give a crap about what you say to the press.

I agree. He needs to do his coaching behind closed doors and on the courts, but not in the press. I hate that stuff too for the most part.

Return to New York Knicks