ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Frank Ntilikina Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,664

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#821 » by nedleeds » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:02 pm

Keep in mind when giving up on Frank, we're pretty sure he just stopped growing. His last measurement was 6' 6". :o
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,867

Post#822 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:06 pm

nedleeds wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
nedleeds wrote:Dennis is a bad defender. His time in Dallas showed the same. Frank to me has more potential to be a rotation NBA player than DSJ.

He's turning 21 this Summer and has had awful coaching and sporadic minutes for the most part. I'm all for yanking rookies for lack of effort, but I never saw Frank just die out there and he should have been playing 30+ minutes for the past two years. Playing through tentativeness and mistakes is the most important thing for a young guard. Franks shot isn't totally busted like Lonzo or something, Frank shoots 77% from the line. His 3 point form is great, he just needs to get some reps.

I still think Franks ceiling is something around Jrue Holiday, his floor to me is like Aaron McKie.

All that said I have no faith in the coaching staffs player development ability. The same morons giving minutes to **** Mudiay, Mario and Jordan are still here.

Mike Miller was truly some kind of development maestro in Westchester and now he's planting his flag at MSG so judging our future ability at player development because Fiz is head coach is probably unwarranted now.

Fiz may still be a crap coach with awful rotations and weird justifications, but I'll give him half a season to prove to us his rationales last season were driven by the order to tank. If Fiz has question marks hanging over his ability to coach then this is the season to prove that he can (unless he is told be be a tank commander again).

Oh cool, I just read that he is joining the staff. I agree there is no reason not to keep Fizdale, if only because he seems to get along with his players and I do believe he cares and works. If Miller can help with our players off ball movement, catch and shoot and over all foot work around the perimeter that would be a big boost. Watch Knox and Frank shoot in an empty gym and their shots look great, but in the game Knox would often step out of bounds or not be in the corner ready to shoot. Same with Frank, he has this nice high release, nice arc 3 ball that looks like it should go in. Miller in the last half of his career, when he lost his dunk contest athleticism, was an elite catch and shoot player and had great instincts for getting in position to catch and shoot.

The player and the coach are two different people FYI, he's not the former NBA player. This Mike Miller was a college coach from 1989-2015 until he joined the Knicks in Westchester.

Anyway, I do think guys like Knox and Frank can improve dramatically with what may end up being some simple, but needed corrections.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#823 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:09 pm

nedleeds wrote:Keep in mind when giving up on Frank, we're pretty sure he just stopped growing. His last measurement was 6' 6". :o

Frank's arms grew as well and he can now reach Latvia from a sitting position
nedleeds
General Manager

Post#824 » by nedleeds » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:36 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Mike Miller was truly some kind of development maestro in Westchester and now he's planting his flag at MSG so judging our future ability at player development because Fiz is head coach is probably unwarranted now.

Fiz may still be a crap coach with awful rotations and weird justifications, but I'll give him half a season to prove to us his rationales last season were driven by the order to tank. If Fiz has question marks hanging over his ability to coach then this is the season to prove that he can (unless he is told be be a tank commander again).

Oh cool, I just read that he is joining the staff. I agree there is no reason not to keep Fizdale, if only because he seems to get along with his players and I do believe he cares and works. If Miller can help with our players off ball movement, catch and shoot and over all foot work around the perimeter that would be a big boost. Watch Knox and Frank shoot in an empty gym and their shots look great, but in the game Knox would often step out of bounds or not be in the corner ready to shoot. Same with Frank, he has this nice high release, nice arc 3 ball that looks like it should go in. Miller in the last half of his career, when he lost his dunk contest athleticism, was an elite catch and shoot player and had great instincts for getting in position to catch and shoot.

The player and the coach are two different people FYI, he's not the former NBA player. This Mike Miller was a college coach from 1989-2015 until he joined the Knicks in Westchester.

Anyway, I do think guys like Knox and Frank can improve dramatically with what may end up being some simple, but needed corrections.

LOL. I snap assumed because Fiz and Miller were chummy on the Heat. What a **** dunce.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
nedleeds
General Manager

Post#825 » by nedleeds » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:36 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
nedleeds wrote:Keep in mind when giving up on Frank, we're pretty sure he just stopped growing. His last measurement was 6' 6". :o

Frank's arms grew as well and he can now reach Latvia from a sitting position

He just stripped my BBQ sandwich ... and I'm in Atlanta right now.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#826 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:40 pm

nedleeds wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
nedleeds wrote:

LOL. I snap assumed because Fiz and Miller were chummy on the Heat. What a **** dunce.

Not a dumb thing. You're not the first and won't be the last who makes that assumption. Anyway, Miller is going to make the Knicks a much better club. He was pumping people with major improvements to their game out of Westchester.

jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,776

Post#827 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:31 pm

If Frank doesn't get traded and we don't get any max guys. What do you think Frank's role will be with the team next year? Back up for DSJR? Back up 3 if we draft RJ? I can't imagine him beating out Trier and Dot for minutes at the 2. I think the experiment of him playing point is officially done. I really can only see him playing the 3.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#828 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:48 pm

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:If Frank doesn't get traded and we don't get any max guys. What do you think Frank's role will be with the team next year? Back up for DSJR? Back up 3 if we draft RJ? I can't imagine him beating out Trier and Dot for minutes at the 2. I think the experiment of him playing point is officially done. I really can only see him playing the 3.

Wing 3 and D guy. Could be in running to start depending on how he looks.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#829 » by NYKAL » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:20 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Not a dumb thing. You're not the first and won't be the last who makes that assumption. Anyway, Miller is going to make the Knicks a much better club. He was pumping people with major improvements to their game out of Westchester.

won't lie, I thought it was Mike Miller the player too.
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#830 » by taj2133 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:52 pm

NYKAL wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
nedleeds wrote:

won't lie, I thought it was Mike Miller the player too.

That mike miller is on penny hardaway staff in memphis i heard they are good friends.
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,955

Post#831 » by ITGM » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:05 am

Fat Kat wrote:I would be remiss if I did not point out that Dennis had the best defensive real plus-minus on the team last season.

Now feel free to transform from stat nerd, to eye test warrior.

And you know they will, Bro!

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,197

Post#832 » by DOT » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:23 am

ITGM wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:I would be remiss if I did not point out that Dennis had the best defensive real plus-minus on the team last season.

Now feel free to transform from stat nerd, to eye test warrior.

And you know they will, Bro!

Isn't that a gif of you running away from that Rockets PG thread after the stats came out that proved you wrong on your brilliant, well thought out point of "lol Frank not good defender, Harden score 63" and video confirmed it?
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
knicksanity
Freshman
And1: 40

Post#833 » by knicksanity » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:38 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
nedleeds wrote:Dennis is a bad defender. His time in Dallas showed the same. Frank to me has more potential to be a rotation NBA player than DSJ.

He's turning 21 this Summer and has had awful coaching and sporadic minutes for the most part. I'm all for yanking rookies for lack of effort, but I never saw Frank just die out there and he should have been playing 30+ minutes for the past two years. Playing through tentativeness and mistakes is the most important thing for a young guard. Franks shot isn't totally busted like Lonzo or something, Frank shoots 77% from the line. His 3 point form is great, he just needs to get some reps.

I still think Franks ceiling is something around Jrue Holiday, his floor to me is like Aaron McKie.

All that said I have no faith in the coaching staffs player development ability. The same morons giving minutes to **** Mudiay, Mario and Jordan are still here.

Too bad they didn't short list Mike Miller as a HC last season :cry:
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#834 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:38 am

knicksanity wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Too bad they didn't short list Mike Miller as a HC last season :cry:

He's on the staff now. If Fiz fails, he can step in.
knicksanity
Freshman
And1: 40

Post#835 » by knicksanity » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:43 am

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:If Frank doesn't get traded and we don't get any max guys. What do you think Frank's role will be with the team next year? Back up for DSJR? Back up 3 if we draft RJ? I can't imagine him beating out Trier and Dot for minutes at the 2. I think the experiment of him playing point is officially done. I really can only see him playing the 3.

Too bad he'll be our 7th or 8th Man off the bench :cry: :cry: :cry:

I do have a feeling that Dotson will get traded on draft night :oops: :oops:
nedleeds
General Manager

Post#836 » by nedleeds » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:45 am

Should? Or will? He should have been starting and playing all of Mudiays minutes last year.
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#837 » by taj2133 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:50 am

knicksanity wrote:

Dotson more apart of this team future than frank is and i believe there is 60 percent chance frank is off this team this summer.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#838 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:56 am

taj2133 wrote:
knicksanity wrote:

Dotson more apart of this team future than frank is and i believe there is 60 percent chance frank is off this team this summer.

Dotson is a good player. He performed better than Frank, that is clear.

I hope they keep Dot at least.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,954

Post#839 » by KnicksGadfly » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:59 am

nedleeds wrote:

Should? Or will? He should have been starting and playing all of Mudiays minutes last year.

I'd argue that that's more of an indictment of Mudiay or his contract status than an argument for Frank's play.

I would just tell Frank, your refusal and inability to hit a shot is selfishness. You're making your teammates carry you. That seems to be his motivator...he's a team player.

If Frank can hit a shot though, I think he should start.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,335

Post#840 » by Phish Tank » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:08 am

taj2133 wrote:
knicksanity wrote:

why not 61%? or 62%?

Return to New York Knicks