ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Frank Ntilikina Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, King of Canada, mrpoetryNmotion, mpharris36, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, GONYK, K-DOT, NoLayupRule, Capn'O, Thugger HBC

nedleeds
Analyst
Posts: 3,306
And1: 2,650
Joined: Dec 25, 2016
 

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#821 » by nedleeds » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:02 pm

Keep in mind when giving up on Frank, we're pretty sure he just stopped growing. His last measurement was 6' 6". :o
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 35,082
And1: 23,247
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#822 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:06 pm

nedleeds wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
nedleeds wrote:Dennis is a bad defender. His time in Dallas showed the same. Frank to me has more potential to be a rotation NBA player than DSJ.

He's turning 21 this Summer and has had awful coaching and sporadic minutes for the most part. I'm all for yanking rookies for lack of effort, but I never saw Frank just die out there and he should have been playing 30+ minutes for the past two years. Playing through tentativeness and mistakes is the most important thing for a young guard. Franks shot isn't totally busted like Lonzo or something, Frank shoots 77% from the line. His 3 point form is great, he just needs to get some reps.

I still think Franks ceiling is something around Jrue Holiday, his floor to me is like Aaron McKie.

All that said I have no faith in the coaching staffs player development ability. The same morons giving minutes to **** Mudiay, Mario and Jordan are still here.


Mike Miller was truly some kind of development maestro in Westchester and now he's planting his flag at MSG so judging our future ability at player development because Fiz is head coach is probably unwarranted now.

Fiz may still be a crap coach with awful rotations and weird justifications, but I'll give him half a season to prove to us his rationales last season were driven by the order to tank. If Fiz has question marks hanging over his ability to coach then this is the season to prove that he can (unless he is told be be a tank commander again).


Oh cool, I just read that he is joining the staff. I agree there is no reason not to keep Fizdale, if only because he seems to get along with his players and I do believe he cares and works. If Miller can help with our players off ball movement, catch and shoot and over all foot work around the perimeter that would be a big boost. Watch Knox and Frank shoot in an empty gym and their shots look great, but in the game Knox would often step out of bounds or not be in the corner ready to shoot. Same with Frank, he has this nice high release, nice arc 3 ball that looks like it should go in. Miller in the last half of his career, when he lost his dunk contest athleticism, was an elite catch and shoot player and had great instincts for getting in position to catch and shoot.


The player and the coach are two different people FYI, he's not the former NBA player. This Mike Miller was a college coach from 1989-2015 until he joined the Knicks in Westchester.

Anyway, I do think guys like Knox and Frank can improve dramatically with what may end up being some simple, but needed corrections.
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 35,082
And1: 23,247
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#823 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:09 pm

nedleeds wrote:Keep in mind when giving up on Frank, we're pretty sure he just stopped growing. His last measurement was 6' 6". :o


Frank's arms grew as well and he can now reach Latvia from a sitting position
nedleeds
Analyst
Posts: 3,306
And1: 2,650
Joined: Dec 25, 2016
 

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#824 » by nedleeds » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:36 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Mike Miller was truly some kind of development maestro in Westchester and now he's planting his flag at MSG so judging our future ability at player development because Fiz is head coach is probably unwarranted now.

Fiz may still be a crap coach with awful rotations and weird justifications, but I'll give him half a season to prove to us his rationales last season were driven by the order to tank. If Fiz has question marks hanging over his ability to coach then this is the season to prove that he can (unless he is told be be a tank commander again).


Oh cool, I just read that he is joining the staff. I agree there is no reason not to keep Fizdale, if only because he seems to get along with his players and I do believe he cares and works. If Miller can help with our players off ball movement, catch and shoot and over all foot work around the perimeter that would be a big boost. Watch Knox and Frank shoot in an empty gym and their shots look great, but in the game Knox would often step out of bounds or not be in the corner ready to shoot. Same with Frank, he has this nice high release, nice arc 3 ball that looks like it should go in. Miller in the last half of his career, when he lost his dunk contest athleticism, was an elite catch and shoot player and had great instincts for getting in position to catch and shoot.


The player and the coach are two different people FYI, he's not the former NBA player. This Mike Miller was a college coach from 1989-2015 until he joined the Knicks in Westchester.

Anyway, I do think guys like Knox and Frank can improve dramatically with what may end up being some simple, but needed corrections.


LOL. I snap assumed because Fiz and Miller were chummy on the Heat. What a **** dunce.
nedleeds
Analyst
Posts: 3,306
And1: 2,650
Joined: Dec 25, 2016
 

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#825 » by nedleeds » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:36 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
nedleeds wrote:Keep in mind when giving up on Frank, we're pretty sure he just stopped growing. His last measurement was 6' 6". :o


Frank's arms grew as well and he can now reach Latvia from a sitting position


He just stripped my BBQ sandwich ... and I'm in Atlanta right now.
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 35,082
And1: 23,247
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#826 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:40 pm

nedleeds wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
Oh cool, I just read that he is joining the staff. I agree there is no reason not to keep Fizdale, if only because he seems to get along with his players and I do believe he cares and works. If Miller can help with our players off ball movement, catch and shoot and over all foot work around the perimeter that would be a big boost. Watch Knox and Frank shoot in an empty gym and their shots look great, but in the game Knox would often step out of bounds or not be in the corner ready to shoot. Same with Frank, he has this nice high release, nice arc 3 ball that looks like it should go in. Miller in the last half of his career, when he lost his dunk contest athleticism, was an elite catch and shoot player and had great instincts for getting in position to catch and shoot.


The player and the coach are two different people FYI, he's not the former NBA player. This Mike Miller was a college coach from 1989-2015 until he joined the Knicks in Westchester.


LOL. I snap assumed because Fiz and Miller were chummy on the Heat. What a **** dunce.


Not a dumb thing. You're not the first and won't be the last who makes that assumption. Anyway, Miller is going to make the Knicks a much better club. He was pumping people with major improvements to their game out of Westchester.

Anyway, I do think guys like Knox and Frank can improve dramatically with what may end up being some simple, but needed corrections.
jvsimonetti0514
Veteran
Posts: 2,527
And1: 1,668
Joined: Dec 22, 2015
     

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#827 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:31 pm

If Frank doesn't get traded and we don't get any max guys. What do you think Frank's role will be with the team next year? Back up for DSJR? Back up 3 if we draft RJ? I can't imagine him beating out Trier and Dot for minutes at the 2. I think the experiment of him playing point is officially done. I really can only see him playing the 3.
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 24,804
And1: 9,549
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: New York City the best city in the world
     

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#828 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:48 pm

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:If Frank doesn't get traded and we don't get any max guys. What do you think Frank's role will be with the team next year? Back up for DSJR? Back up 3 if we draft RJ? I can't imagine him beating out Trier and Dot for minutes at the 2. I think the experiment of him playing point is officially done. I really can only see him playing the 3.


Wing 3 and D guy. Could be in running to start depending on how he looks.
A new era or error?
NYKAL
General Manager
Posts: 8,155
And1: 1,905
Joined: Nov 10, 2004
Location: LAND O NOD

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#829 » by NYKAL » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:20 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
The player and the coach are two different people FYI, he's not the former NBA player. This Mike Miller was a college coach from 1989-2015 until he joined the Knicks in Westchester.


LOL. I snap assumed because Fiz and Miller were chummy on the Heat. What a **** dunce.


Not a dumb thing. You're not the first and won't be the last who makes that assumption. Anyway, Miller is going to make the Knicks a much better club. He was pumping people with major improvements to their game out of Westchester.

Anyway, I do think guys like Knox and Frank can improve dramatically with what may end up being some simple, but needed corrections.


won't lie, I thought it was Mike Miller the player too.
taj2133
General Manager
Posts: 7,504
And1: 2,971
Joined: Jun 14, 2009

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#830 » by taj2133 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:52 pm

NYKAL wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
LOL. I snap assumed because Fiz and Miller were chummy on the Heat. What a **** dunce.


Not a dumb thing. You're not the first and won't be the last who makes that assumption. Anyway, Miller is going to make the Knicks a much better club. He was pumping people with major improvements to their game out of Westchester.

Anyway, I do think guys like Knox and Frank can improve dramatically with what may end up being some simple, but needed corrections.


won't lie, I thought it was Mike Miller the player too.

That mike miller is on penny hardaway staff in memphis i heard they are good friends.
User avatar
ITGM
RealGM
Posts: 18,326
And1: 6,063
Joined: Jan 16, 2008

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#831 » by ITGM » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:05 am

Fat Kat wrote:I would be remiss if I did not point out that Dennis had the best defensive real plus-minus on the team last season.

Now feel free to transform from stat nerd, to eye test warrior.


And you know they will, Bro!

Image
User avatar
K-DOT
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 11,059
And1: 14,039
Joined: Nov 25, 2016
         

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#832 » by K-DOT » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:23 am

ITGM wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:I would be remiss if I did not point out that Dennis had the best defensive real plus-minus on the team last season.

Now feel free to transform from stat nerd, to eye test warrior.


And you know they will, Bro!

Image

Isn't that a gif of you running away from that Rockets PG thread after the stats came out that proved you wrong on your brilliant, well thought out point of "lol Frank not good defender, Harden score 63" and video confirmed it?
BAF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Jalen Lecque
Cam Johnson/Malik Monk
Keita Bates-Diop
Darius Bazley/Juan Hernangomez
Goga Bitadze/Dwight Howard

Reserves: Pat McCaw, Isaac Bonga, Melvin Frazier, Gorgui Dieng
IR: Josh Jackson's contract (rip)
knicksanity
Ballboy
Posts: 40
And1: 21
Joined: Apr 12, 2018
 

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#833 » by knicksanity » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:38 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
nedleeds wrote:Dennis is a bad defender. His time in Dallas showed the same. Frank to me has more potential to be a rotation NBA player than DSJ.

He's turning 21 this Summer and has had awful coaching and sporadic minutes for the most part. I'm all for yanking rookies for lack of effort, but I never saw Frank just die out there and he should have been playing 30+ minutes for the past two years. Playing through tentativeness and mistakes is the most important thing for a young guard. Franks shot isn't totally busted like Lonzo or something, Frank shoots 77% from the line. His 3 point form is great, he just needs to get some reps.

I still think Franks ceiling is something around Jrue Holiday, his floor to me is like Aaron McKie.

All that said I have no faith in the coaching staffs player development ability. The same morons giving minutes to **** Mudiay, Mario and Jordan are still here.


Mike Miller was truly some kind of development maestro in Westchester and now he's planting his flag at MSG so judging our future ability at player development because Fiz is head coach is probably unwarranted now.

Fiz may still be a crap coach with awful rotations and weird justifications, but I'll give him half a season to prove to us his rationales last season were driven by the order to tank. If Fiz has question marks hanging over his ability to coach then this is the season to prove that he can (unless he is told be be a tank commander again).



Too bad they didn't short list Mike Miller as a HC last season :cry:
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 35,082
And1: 23,247
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#834 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:38 am

knicksanity wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
nedleeds wrote:Dennis is a bad defender. His time in Dallas showed the same. Frank to me has more potential to be a rotation NBA player than DSJ.

He's turning 21 this Summer and has had awful coaching and sporadic minutes for the most part. I'm all for yanking rookies for lack of effort, but I never saw Frank just die out there and he should have been playing 30+ minutes for the past two years. Playing through tentativeness and mistakes is the most important thing for a young guard. Franks shot isn't totally busted like Lonzo or something, Frank shoots 77% from the line. His 3 point form is great, he just needs to get some reps.

I still think Franks ceiling is something around Jrue Holiday, his floor to me is like Aaron McKie.

All that said I have no faith in the coaching staffs player development ability. The same morons giving minutes to **** Mudiay, Mario and Jordan are still here.


Mike Miller was truly some kind of development maestro in Westchester and now he's planting his flag at MSG so judging our future ability at player development because Fiz is head coach is probably unwarranted now.

Fiz may still be a crap coach with awful rotations and weird justifications, but I'll give him half a season to prove to us his rationales last season were driven by the order to tank. If Fiz has question marks hanging over his ability to coach then this is the season to prove that he can (unless he is told be be a tank commander again).



Too bad they didn't short list Mike Miller as a HC last season :cry:


He's on the staff now. If Fiz fails, he can step in.
knicksanity
Ballboy
Posts: 40
And1: 21
Joined: Apr 12, 2018
 

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#835 » by knicksanity » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:43 am

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:If Frank doesn't get traded and we don't get any max guys. What do you think Frank's role will be with the team next year? Back up for DSJR? Back up 3 if we draft RJ? I can't imagine him beating out Trier and Dot for minutes at the 2. I think the experiment of him playing point is officially done. I really can only see him playing the 3.


Too bad he'll be our 7th or 8th Man off the bench :cry: :cry: :cry:

I do have a feeling that Dotson will get traded on draft night :oops: :oops:
nedleeds
Analyst
Posts: 3,306
And1: 2,650
Joined: Dec 25, 2016
 

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#836 » by nedleeds » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:45 am

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:If Frank doesn't get traded and we don't get any max guys. What do you think Frank's role will be with the team next year? Back up for DSJR? Back up 3 if we draft RJ? I can't imagine him beating out Trier and Dot for minutes at the 2. I think the experiment of him playing point is officially done. I really can only see him playing the 3.

Should? Or will? He should have been starting and playing all of Mudiays minutes last year.
taj2133
General Manager
Posts: 7,504
And1: 2,971
Joined: Jun 14, 2009

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#837 » by taj2133 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:50 am

knicksanity wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:If Frank doesn't get traded and we don't get any max guys. What do you think Frank's role will be with the team next year? Back up for DSJR? Back up 3 if we draft RJ? I can't imagine him beating out Trier and Dot for minutes at the 2. I think the experiment of him playing point is officially done. I really can only see him playing the 3.


Too bad he'll be our 7th or 8th Man off the bench :cry: :cry: :cry:

I do have a feeling that Dotson will get traded on draft night :oops: :oops:

Dotson more apart of this team future than frank is and i believe there is 60 percent chance frank is off this team this summer.
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 35,082
And1: 23,247
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#838 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:56 am

taj2133 wrote:
knicksanity wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:If Frank doesn't get traded and we don't get any max guys. What do you think Frank's role will be with the team next year? Back up for DSJR? Back up 3 if we draft RJ? I can't imagine him beating out Trier and Dot for minutes at the 2. I think the experiment of him playing point is officially done. I really can only see him playing the 3.


Too bad he'll be our 7th or 8th Man off the bench :cry: :cry: :cry:

I do have a feeling that Dotson will get traded on draft night :oops: :oops:

Dotson more apart of this team future than frank is and i believe there is 60 percent chance frank is off this team this summer.


Dotson is a good player. He performed better than Frank, that is clear.

I hope they keep Dot at least.
User avatar
knicksh20b
Head Coach
Posts: 7,233
And1: 3,466
Joined: Jul 29, 2007
   

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#839 » by knicksh20b » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:59 am

nedleeds wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:If Frank doesn't get traded and we don't get any max guys. What do you think Frank's role will be with the team next year? Back up for DSJR? Back up 3 if we draft RJ? I can't imagine him beating out Trier and Dot for minutes at the 2. I think the experiment of him playing point is officially done. I really can only see him playing the 3.

Should? Or will? He should have been starting and playing all of Mudiays minutes last year.


I'd argue that that's more of an indictment of Mudiay or his contract status than an argument for Frank's play.

I would just tell Frank, your refusal and inability to hit a shot is selfishness. You're making your teammates carry you. That seems to be his motivator...he's a team player.

If Frank can hit a shot though, I think he should start.
User avatar
Phish Tank
RealGM
Posts: 16,320
And1: 8,955
Joined: Nov 09, 2004
Location: Your Timepiece
   

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#840 » by Phish Tank » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:08 am

taj2133 wrote:
knicksanity wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:If Frank doesn't get traded and we don't get any max guys. What do you think Frank's role will be with the team next year? Back up for DSJR? Back up 3 if we draft RJ? I can't imagine him beating out Trier and Dot for minutes at the 2. I think the experiment of him playing point is officially done. I really can only see him playing the 3.


Too bad he'll be our 7th or 8th Man off the bench :cry: :cry: :cry:

I do have a feeling that Dotson will get traded on draft night :oops: :oops:

Dotson more apart of this team future than frank is and i believe there is 60 percent chance frank is off this team this summer.


why not 61%? or 62%?
Image

BAF- Houston Rockets:
PG: Fox/Jerome Rob/Okobo
SG: Huerter/Romeo
SF: Hunter/Sekou/Melo
PF: Gay/Skal/PJ
C: Jaxson Hayes/Willy

Inactive: Waiters, Swanigan, Louis King, Smailagic

Return to New York Knicks