ImageImageImageImageImage

IsoZo catching flak from vets

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

RealGM
And1: 39,189

IsoZo catching flak from vets 

Post#1 » by 2010 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:13 am

According to multiple sources connected to the Knicks, Trier’s lack of popularity among his veteran teammates was something of a concern in the locker room. 

“His play on the court was cancerous,” one NBA source said. “A lot of guys didn’t like the way he didn’t play team ball. He cared about himself too much. He looked guys off who were open.’’

While Trier got along swimmingly with fellow rookies Kevin Knox and Mitchell Robinson, some vets felt Trier’s one-on-one style didn’t help the team’s culture

During a Nov. 27 game in Detroit, Trier brought the ball up the court with Trey Burke all alone ahead. Trier didn’t throw it ahead for the easy layup. Instead, Trier barreled toward the basket.

While he drew a foul, players on the bench yelled at Trier, scolded him for not feeding Burke, who held his palms up, shaking his head after the whistle.

The more publicized incident occurred Jan. 23, when Tim Hardaway Jr. chewed out Trier on the court after Trier failed to pass to him on a two-on-one fast break with Hardaway open on the left.

Another NBA source familiar with the situation said when players would choose sides for pickup games before or after practice, he often was one of the last chosen. The Knicks players wanted to play with guys who passed to the open man.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
ItsPajama
Rookie
And1: 1,167

Re: IsoZo catching flak from vets 

Post#2 » by ItsPajama » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:20 am

Yikes....
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#3 » by magnumt » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:23 am

Sooooooooooooo, when these “Vets” looked off the young Players, where was THAT article?!

Where was the article for Knox, when he would REPEATEDLY call for the ball?!

Where was the article when our Vets would drive into the paint and not pass to a young Player?!

Fuqn idiots are media is! :nonono:

—Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#4 » by MaseInYourFace » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:10 am

Hmm so the vets mentioned are Burke and Timmy Hardaway? FWIW I do feel Trier looked to pass more as season went on. He’s a scorer first and second too. Boy would pass to himself if he could. Let’s not kid ourselves.

Considering it’s Berman and for this time in the season I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Something to monitor though.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#5 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:21 am

MaseInYourFace wrote:Hmm so the vets mentioned are Burke and Timmy Hardaway? FWIW I do feel Trier looked to pass more as season went on. He’s a scorer first and second too. Boy would pass to himself if he could. Let’s not kid ourselves.

Considering it’s Berman and for this time in the season I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Something to monitor though.

NOBODY threw a better Lob (as in Lobinson) than Zo all year.

The irony of Tim and Trey complaining that they got looked off lol.
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#6 » by King of Canada » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:38 am

BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,227

Post#7 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:44 am

Basically Berman had to stir the sh*t pot. Called up or interviewed either Burke and THJr to get some juicy quotes. Both guys are butt hurt that Trier is the better, cheaper version of themselves, who took a few shots they thought were theirs (which is any shot the two of them didn't take) and then they supplied the butt hurt remarks.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#8 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:46 am

Trier was only looking to "keep what he killed"
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#9 » by Nazrmohamed » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:06 am

So we bringing up mistakes rookies make prior to the trade deadline now? FOH.

And that's not to say I dont see it sometimes but Hardaway and Burke had a job secured. I sometimes can understand a certain level of survival selfishness on Triers part and then once his role was secure he was a better teammate. Had to show what he can do. Meanwhile Frank is a consummate team player and is about to be shipped. Sometimes ya gotta practice alittle self preservation.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by Nazrmohamed » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:09 am

thebuzzardman wrote:Basically Berman had to stir the sh*t pot. Called up or interviewed either Burke and THJr to get some juicy quotes. Both guys are butt hurt that Trier is the better, cheaper version of themselves, who took a few shots they thought were theirs (which is any shot the two of them didn't take) and then they supplied the butt hurt remarks.

I dont even think they ar butthurt. In the heat of a single play in a single game teammates got frustrated with eachother only for Berman to bring it up months later because the Knicks are out of the playoffs and he needs to justify his job. Probably saved this non-story in his tickler file just in case. I get it's a profession but **** like this makes me understand why Trump says fake news all the time.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,201

Post#11 » by Kampuchea » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:09 am

Multiple sauces.

Berman has none so y’all enjoy the clickbait.
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,261

Post#12 » by gavran » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:11 am

Non-issue, team has no vets anymore.
matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,878

Post#13 » by matchman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:17 am

If there are players complaining Frank passing too much, let me know by then. Otherwise just keep me slept over till the draft day.
Are you fans of the team or the player?
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#14 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:20 am

Nazrmohamed wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Basically Berman had to stir the sh*t pot. Called up or interviewed either Burke and THJr to get some juicy quotes. Both guys are butt hurt that Trier is the better, cheaper version of themselves, who took a few shots they thought were theirs (which is any shot the two of them didn't take) and then they supplied the butt hurt remarks.

I dont even think they ar butthurt. In the heat of a single play in a single game teammates got frustrated with eachother only for Berman to bring it up months later because the Knicks are out of the playoffs and he needs to justify his job. Probably saved this non-story in his tickler file just in case. I get it's a profession but **** like this makes me understand why Trump says fake news all the time.

So, a single play lead to a quote about Trier being "cancerous" with his style of play?

That's obviously straight from the bitter, bearded mouth of that f*cktard THJr, and it clearly represents more than one play, but Trier in general. Let's see... bitter...clueless...lacking in introspection of true ability...angry...yup. THJr it was.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#15 » by br7knicks » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:24 am

good. his play does suck. that style of basketball hurts a team, especially if played a lot of minutes.

it's nice to have a guy who can create for himself, but not at the expense of the rest of the team.

that's exactly why, all season, i've been saying and hoping that they trade him quickly. he's not good for this team, so try to get something for him.

definitely a fan of moving him. i'm tired of "me" basketball. too many years of that ****, which led to a **** load of losing. a lot of guys here like trier, clearly don't care about winning. winning > a guy who can do 1 on 1.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#16 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:26 am

Nazrmohamed wrote:So we bringing up mistakes rookies make prior to the trade deadline now? FOH.

And that's not to say I dont see it sometimes but Hardaway and Burke had a job secured. I sometimes can understand a certain level of survival selfishness on Triers part and then once his role was secure he was a better teammate. Had to show what he can do. Meanwhile Frank is a consummate team player and is about to be shipped. Sometimes ya gotta practice alittle self preservation.

Let's not ignore that Fizzle was just fine with guys dribbling the ball and taking their guy one on one. In fact, the offense seemed to encourage this result. Trier played exactly how the coach wanted. For that matter, so did Burke and THJr.

Trier the cheaper, better version of them. Always made Burke redundant, from the jump. Season just needed a few moments to see if he made THJr redundant too. Yup. That was apparent after 20 games. Glad they sent both packing, especially THJr and his sh*t contract, gifted to him by Mills before Mills realized he need to hire someone who knows what they are doing to ultimately save his own job.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#17 » by King Ken » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:26 am

He used to do that at Arizona as well. I hated watching him play. His game is one of those games that is best on a bad team because he is talented but when the Knicks are trying to win, he probably won't get much PT
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#18 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:28 am

br7knicks wrote:good. his play does suck. that style of basketball hurts a team, especially if played a lot of minutes.

it's nice to have a guy who can create for himself, but not at the expense of the rest of the team.

that's exactly why, all season, i've been saying and hoping that they trade him quickly. he's not good for this team, so try to get something for him.

definitely a fan of moving him. i'm tired of "me" basketball. too many years of that ****, which led to a **** load of losing. a lot of guys here like trier, clearly don't care about winning. winning > a guy who can do 1 on 1.

You'd think sharing the ball is a good thing, but I never saw sets that were really conducive to it happening. Trier probably is what he is though. Agree with that. But he doesn't have to go. He's good as a 6th man. Just like Burke was or THJr. They got rid of short older version of Trier in Burke and the slightly taller, much more overpriced version, in THJr.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by Nazrmohamed » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:56 am

I dont mind isolation in 2 player types. --Best player and bonafide star.
-off the bench spark plug

You gotta be delusional if you think Trier is the first type and I got no problem with the second type so I dont get the over analysis. Any feelings otherwise or that Trier tied up our offense and it looked so aggregious is really an indictment on Fizzdale. Who on this team who has the ability to isolate fails to isolate because of a playbook or accountability on this team?
awy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,341

Post#20 » by awy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:59 am

they traded away these vets already. zo is much more efficient than those scrubs

Return to New York Knicks