ImageImageImageImageImage

Plan full rebuild

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, j4remi, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, King of Canada, Thugger HBC, GONYK, Capn'O, mrpoetryNmotion, K-DOT, Deeeez Knicks

User avatar
robillionaire
General Manager
Posts: 8,053
And1: 7,898
Joined: Jul 12, 2015
Location: Manhattan
         

Plan full rebuild 

Post#1 » by robillionaire » Wed May 15, 2019 4:45 pm

Let’s say we don’t get KD or Kyrie and don’t waste our space to sign players like Kemba, Harris, Middleton etc

DSJ
RJ?
Frank
Knox
Mitch

Dotson and Trier off the bench

Use the cap space to sign 1 year reclamation projects or to absorb some bad contracts to obtain more draft picks, try to fill the rest of the roster with G Leaguers

Develop the young guys retain flexibility get more assets and tank again.
User avatar
Knicksfan20
RealGM
Posts: 18,341
And1: 5,354
Joined: Aug 19, 2006
       

Re: Plan full rebuild 

Post#2 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed May 15, 2019 4:47 pm

idk....Knox and Frank look somewhat mediocre. DSJR looks like a good offensive player who isnt much of a game changer. Id trade the 3 of them if i could get a really good proven player. We have a chance to get 2 great players in Durant and Kyrie... I dont think we should pass that up either.
Timberwolves: 55
C: Whiteside/Oquinn/J. Allen/Zizic
PF: Ibaka/Grant/Anunoby/TJ Leaf
SF: Porter/Anderson/Anunoby
SG: Green/Barton
PG: Schroder/Barrea/Exum


Pick #14 : Nickeil Alexander-Walker
Pick #32 : Nicolas Claxton
User avatar
robillionaire
General Manager
Posts: 8,053
And1: 7,898
Joined: Jul 12, 2015
Location: Manhattan
         

Re: Plan full rebuild 

Post#3 » by robillionaire » Wed May 15, 2019 5:00 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:idk....Knox and Frank look somewhat mediocre. DSJR looks like a good offensive player who isnt much of a game changer. Id trade the 3 of them if i could get a really good proven player. We have a chance to get 2 great players in Durant and Kyrie... I dont think we should pass that up either.


I personally wouldn’t pass that up. But we have to work on the assumption it probably won’t happen because Knicks
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 30,749
And1: 24,716
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Plan full rebuild 

Post#4 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed May 15, 2019 5:02 pm

I am gunning for James Wiseman or Anthony Edwards next year if we strike out on free agency
Cavs Nation
Dennis Smith Jr/Dunn/Cook
Zach Lavine/Frank Jackson/Brown Jr
Jayson Tatum/DFS/O'Neale
Julius Randle/Bam Adebayo/Bolden
Deandre Ayton/JV

It's like when n*ggas make subliminal records
If it ain't directed directly at me, I don't respect it
User avatar
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
Posts: 15,384
And1: 3,842
Joined: May 05, 2004
Location: Not sure anymore.
   

Re: Plan full rebuild 

Post#5 » by BBALLER4FR » Wed May 15, 2019 5:07 pm

DSJ/Dylan
RJ?/Dylan
Frank/Dylan
Knox/Dylan
Mitch /Dylan

Image
Sooooo..ummmm.....we tanking again or what?
User avatar
TheGreenArrow
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,573
And1: 4,109
Joined: Sep 13, 2017

Re: Plan full rebuild 

Post#6 » by TheGreenArrow » Wed May 15, 2019 5:10 pm

Dont think i can endure another tank year.

Especially with the new lotto system.

I just cant.
User avatar
Knicksfan20
RealGM
Posts: 18,341
And1: 5,354
Joined: Aug 19, 2006
       

Re: Plan full rebuild 

Post#7 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed May 15, 2019 5:11 pm

BBALLER4FR wrote:DSJ/Dylan
RJ?/Dylan
Frank/Dylan
Knox/Dylan
Mitch /Dylan

Image


Frank is our Dylan
Timberwolves: 55
C: Whiteside/Oquinn/J. Allen/Zizic
PF: Ibaka/Grant/Anunoby/TJ Leaf
SF: Porter/Anderson/Anunoby
SG: Green/Barton
PG: Schroder/Barrea/Exum


Pick #14 : Nickeil Alexander-Walker
Pick #32 : Nicolas Claxton
User avatar
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
Posts: 15,384
And1: 3,842
Joined: May 05, 2004
Location: Not sure anymore.
   

Re: Plan full rebuild 

Post#8 » by BBALLER4FR » Wed May 15, 2019 5:14 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:DSJ/Dylan
RJ?/Dylan
Frank/Dylan
Knox/Dylan
Mitch /Dylan

Image


Frank is our Dylan


DSJ/Frank
RJ?/Frank
Dotson/Frank
Knox/Frank
Mitch /Frank

Image[/quote]

Niiiiice.
Sooooo..ummmm.....we tanking again or what?
User avatar
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
Posts: 15,384
And1: 3,842
Joined: May 05, 2004
Location: Not sure anymore.
   

Re: Plan full rebuild 

Post#9 » by BBALLER4FR » Wed May 15, 2019 5:16 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:Dont think i can endure another tank year.

Especially with the new lotto system.

I just cant.


It's maddness. It will be interesting to see how many knuckleheads come out with that tripe given what we just witnessed.

Image
Sooooo..ummmm.....we tanking again or what?
blanko
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,575
And1: 695
Joined: Mar 14, 2015

Re: Plan full rebuild 

Post#10 » by blanko » Wed May 15, 2019 5:19 pm

i really hope mem picks Ja.
Rangers248
Ballboy
Posts: 14
And1: 10
Joined: Mar 23, 2016

Re: Plan full rebuild 

Post#11 » by Rangers248 » Wed May 15, 2019 5:46 pm

To me, if we don’t sign Kyrie and KD, I think you sign some guys that are younger that you feel have potential to 1-2 year deals, alone with a couple of decent vets to help the younger guys grow a bit. Next years FA class (minus Davis) isn’t good at all.

I think it’s important to add some talent and be somewhat competitive next season. Maybe not make the playoffs, but do something like Sacramento did this past season, where you are at least fighting for something until the end of March. The lottery yesterday shows there’s no reason to actively tank anymore, you’ll just get screwed.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 32,482
And1: 23,717
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: WINGSPANDIA

Re: Plan full rebuild 

Post#12 » by thebuzzardman » Wed May 15, 2019 5:52 pm

robillionaire wrote:Let’s say we don’t get KD or Kyrie and don’t waste our space to sign players like Kemba, Harris, Middleton etc

DSJ
RJ?
Frank
Knox
Mitch

Dotson and Trier off the bench

Use the cap space to sign 1 year reclamation projects or to absorb some bad contracts to obtain more draft picks, try to fill the rest of the roster with G Leaguers

Develop the young guys retain flexibility get more assets and tank again.


The amount of jump shots that team would miss? Easily beating this season's team out for most losses.
User avatar
DE FENSE
RealGM
Posts: 14,522
And1: 2,336
Joined: Aug 22, 2006
Location: Brooklyn
 

Re: Plan full rebuild 

Post#13 » by DE FENSE » Wed May 15, 2019 6:21 pm

Tanking is not the answer anymore. Unless next years draft class is extremely deep. tbh we were lucky to get a top 3 pick with this lotto reform.
User avatar
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
Posts: 15,384
And1: 3,842
Joined: May 05, 2004
Location: Not sure anymore.
   

Re: Plan full rebuild 

Post#14 » by BBALLER4FR » Wed May 15, 2019 7:44 pm

DE FENSE wrote:Tanking is not the answer anymore. Unless next years draft class is extremely deep. tbh we were lucky to get a top 3 pick with this lotto reform.


But the masses were preaching "the right way" and "we need to lose as many as possible". 14% chance at Zion? 86% chance at leftovers? Watching Mem, LAL, N.O. shoot up outta nowhere? EXTREMELY lucky to stay in the top 3? With the worst record in the league and less than 20 wins... :nonono: We were lucky. All you believers who sipped the punch and enjoyed the ride this season claim your prize - RJ Barrett!
Sooooo..ummmm.....we tanking again or what?
User avatar
Fury
Knicks Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
Posts: 19,885
And1: 10,041
Joined: Mar 07, 2007
       

Re: Plan full rebuild 

Post#15 » by Fury » Wed May 15, 2019 7:45 pm

No man wtf

Tank season is over.
User avatar
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
Posts: 15,384
And1: 3,842
Joined: May 05, 2004
Location: Not sure anymore.
   

Re: Plan full rebuild 

Post#16 » by BBALLER4FR » Wed May 15, 2019 7:46 pm

Fury wrote:No man wtf

Tank season is over.


Until Summer League, then the chatter begins...
Sooooo..ummmm.....we tanking again or what?
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
General Manager
Posts: 7,715
And1: 5,490
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: Plan full rebuild 

Post#17 » by Are We Ther Yet » Wed May 15, 2019 7:58 pm

If no one comes in FA? WHAT ELSE CAN WE DO? Roll tank!!
a knick fan forum. not a "argue ad nauseam about narratives and biases you hold like blood feuds that span decades" forum, you sentient buttplug. - Marty McFly :lol:
VCBC
Senior
Posts: 695
And1: 1,108
Joined: Apr 15, 2019

Re: Plan full rebuild 

Post#18 » by VCBC » Wed May 15, 2019 8:43 pm

Lottery is officially broken, tanking will be looked @ very differently and you’ll see many borderline playoffs teams tank like they did this year. Only way to make it work is by acquiring unprotected FRPs to increase chances so that Dallas pick is very valuable.

If Knicks strike out, god bless our souls.
User avatar
robillionaire
General Manager
Posts: 8,053
And1: 7,898
Joined: Jul 12, 2015
Location: Manhattan
         

Re: Plan full rebuild 

Post#19 » by robillionaire » Wed May 15, 2019 8:45 pm

It wouldn’t even be a tank we would just be artificially bad and would get to add another top 5 pick to the core. Or if we do surprise people and win some games we’d still have a great chance to win the lottery from 7th or whatever
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 32,482
And1: 23,717
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: WINGSPANDIA

Re: Plan full rebuild 

Post#20 » by thebuzzardman » Wed May 15, 2019 9:35 pm

BBALLER4FR wrote:
DE FENSE wrote:Tanking is not the answer anymore. Unless next years draft class is extremely deep. tbh we were lucky to get a top 3 pick with this lotto reform.


But the masses were preaching "the right way" and "we need to lose as many as possible". 14% chance at Zion? 86% chance at leftovers? Watching Mem, LAL, N.O. shoot up outta nowhere? EXTREMELY lucky to stay in the top 3? With the worst record in the league and less than 20 wins... :nonono: We were lucky. All you believers who sipped the punch and enjoyed the ride this season claim your prize - RJ Barrett!


Goddam right that's a prize. Though the Knicks could have been as low as 5th, that was all. Meanwhile teams that eked out a couple more wins like the Suns or Bulls are 6th and 8th or whatever.

Return to New York Knicks