ImageImageImageImageImage

Plan full rebuild

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,077

Re: Plan full rebuild 

Post#101 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:34 pm

This thread about to get a lot of action

:-)
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,202

Post#102 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:13 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:This thread about to get a lot of action

I'm here for it. :lol: it is an option. Perry has done what no other GM has ever done here. Erased 95% of the past mistakes and bad image. Put us in positon to build a superteam. All while setting us up for a complete rebuild!! WITH MULTIPLE PICKS AND ASSETS!!! GTFOH!!

I'm down for whatever!!
:beer: RIP mags
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#103 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:08 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:

I'm here for it. :lol: it is an option. Perry has done what no other GM has ever done here. Erased 95% of the past mistakes and bad image. Put us in positon to build a superteam. All while setting us up for a complete rebuild!! WITH MULTIPLE PICKS AND ASSETS!!! GTFOH!!

I'm down for whatever!!

Agreed. Sure, I'm bummed about KD etc, but not THAT bummed. Plenty of good, interesting stuff can happen. I mean, bad stuff too, but that's why it's interesting!
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,202

Post#104 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:24 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

I'm down for whatever!!

Agreed. Sure, I'm bummed about KD etc, but not THAT bummed. Plenty of good, interesting stuff can happen. I mean, bad stuff too, but that's why it's interesting!

Right now...I have faith in Perry. There's plenty of different scenarios to go with.
:beer: RIP mags
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,709

Post#105 » by spree8 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:23 pm

I pray we just go all in on the rebuild. I’m good on the damaged goods shyt in a contract year... McDyess, Amare, KP. Rather take the loss on the chin and keep it movin. I love KD but it’s common sense.
GMAT Knicks :king:

Luka Dončić
Jamal Murray
Donte DiVincenzo
RJ Barrett
Joel Embiid
lloydj
Rookie
And1: 96

Post#106 » by lloydj » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:10 pm

1st Rounder: RJ Barrett (Duke)

2nd Rounder: MAMADI DIAKITE (Virginia) (Dennis Rodman Type Player, who can shoot from outside).

8-)
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,309

Post#107 » by DrCoach » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:03 am

C-Mitch/Kornet
Pf-Vonleh/Ellenson
Sf-Knox/Dotson
Sg-RJ/Trier
Pg-DSJr/Mudiay

#55- pick,
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,877

Post#108 » by Jose7 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:21 am

DrCoach wrote:C-Mitch/Kornet
Pf-Vonleh/Ellenson
Sf-Knox/Dotson
Sg-RJ/Trier
Pg-DSJr/Mudiay

#55- pick,

Mudiay. Stop. PLEASE NO MAS
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
ny-n-md
Sixth Man
And1: 1,386

Post#109 » by ny-n-md » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:06 am

I really hope we bring Vonleh back. He was tremendous against Giannis. With his ascension to the top dawg in the east, we need his versatility and strength for defensive matchups against Giannis. Nobody else on the team can do it.

JUST PLAY THE KIDS ALREADY!!!!!
Great
Bench Warmer
And1: 65

Post#110 » by Great » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:59 am

If no major free agents sign, let the young players get burn.

Then sign older players to provide balance.

My suggestions:

Read on Twitter

When the older players accrue value, trade them for assets.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,995

Post#111 » by Nazrmohamed » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:08 am

DrCoach wrote:C-Mitch/Kornet
Pf-Vonleh/Ellenson
Sf-Knox/Dotson
Sg-RJ/Trier
Pg-DSJr/Mudiay

#55- pick,

I'm just curious why the love for Vonleh but not Herzonia under this scenario. Neither are hot commodities so I don't expect to have to pay anything significant, maybe 15 mil between both of them. But I feel like Vonleh was hot the first half and then fell off a cliff and for Herz he did nothing and then finished strong. Is it possible to resign them to 1yr deals again, cuz if so then maybe I would raise my price.

I'd be interested though in signing a veteran C again to work with Robinson. Maybe overpay a little on a 1yr mentor deal for Tyson Chandler. I'd also not mind throwing in a high Iq vet like a Jared Dudley to get in our wings ear and help with development. Again maybe overspend a little on a 1yr deal. Make it lucrative for them but short term for us.

But then maybe do what the Hawks just did where we absorb a contract for future draft pick or couple of second rounders.
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,128

Post#112 » by waya » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:43 am

We can't let that bald headed worm Adam Silver win.

Keep tankıng, baby.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#113 » by Knicksfan20 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:50 pm

Great wrote:If no major free agents sign, let the young players get burn.

Then sign older players to provide balance.

My suggestions:

Read on Twitter

When the older players accrue value, trade them for assets.

Did you just suggest signing Anthony Randolph on a Knicks forum? :crazy: :lol:

His stats.

9/3/.5/.5spg/.4bpg/ 1.2 topg in 20 mpg.

Fk Anthony Randolph :lol: :lol:
Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,613

Post#114 » by Billy Goat » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:19 pm

spree8 wrote:I pray we just go all in on the rebuild. I’m good on the damaged goods shyt in a contract year... McDyess, Amare, KP. Rather take the loss on the chin and keep it movin. I love KD but it’s common sense.

You have to draft well and make shrewd signings to "rebuild." If the Knicks strike out in FA (likely) why even continue with this? This is currently a bottom 3 roster at best, with no building blocks and no real cohesion. It's a mid 2000's Knicks kind of roster built around shooting without a purpose.

There needs to be changes if Durant and another star dont come because we're wasting our time. Bottoming out for the first pick doesnt work anymore.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,037

Post#115 » by robillionaire » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:40 pm

Billy Goat wrote:
spree8 wrote:I pray we just go all in on the rebuild. I’m good on the damaged goods shyt in a contract year... McDyess, Amare, KP. Rather take the loss on the chin and keep it movin. I love KD but it’s common sense.

You have to draft well and make shrewd signings to "rebuild." If the Knicks strike out in FA (likely) why even continue with this? This is currently a bottom 3 roster at best, with no building blocks and no real cohesion. It's a mid 2000's Knicks kind of roster built around shooting without a purpose.

There needs to be changes if Durant and another star dont come because we're wasting our time. Bottoming out for the first pick doesnt work anymore.

just add RJ to the young group of dsj knox mitch trier, frank if the knicks don't get rid of him, and see who sticks, if it's possible to use the cap space to take on an expiring contract to get another pick I'd also do that
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#116 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:27 pm

lloydj wrote:1st Rounder: RJ Barrett (Duke)

2nd Rounder: MAMADI DIAKITE (Virginia) (Dennis Rodman Type Player, who can shoot from outside).

8-)

I'm for this pick just for the Clyde play by play
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#117 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:28 pm

Great's post not so great
Cookies4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,411

Post#118 » by Cookies4Life » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:45 pm

Assess Trier in the first half of the season and see if he improves on his court vision/passing ability. I was surprised how much synergy he had with Robinson in the pick and roll game; if he works on his decision making abilities he could play spot minutes as a primary ball handler. His ball handling and isolation game are top notch. If he continues showing progression, I'd lock him in for 3 years (3rd year team option.)

Vonleh was terrific in the first half of the season, he looked like a do-it-all type of player on offense and even showed some ability to shoot the ball from the perimeter. He showed enough flashes on the defensive end as well that lead me to believe he could be a versatile backup 4-5 for this team but I'm a little concerned with the drop in his play in the latter half of the year. He looked less confident for whatever reason. I'd look to lock him up also for a 3 year deal (3rd year team option.)

Mario was such an enigma for the squad, at times he looked like a guy who was worthy of being selected #5 in his draft class. He's been inconsistent but I don't think him being in and out of the rotation helped him at all. He did look terrific the last month of the season which I don't know if it was an anomaly or if it was because he was able to play consistently, especially through his mistakes. He can be a very good player in this league if he picks and chooses his spots more judiciously. Even if the games meant nothing in the last month, he did show excellent versatility being able to play 1-4 on the offensive end. I'd lock him up also at a 3 year deal (3rd year team option.)

While I don't like seeing young guys leave this squad without getting some asset in return, Mudiay doesn't really fit what we're trying to do here. He definitely improved his midrange game but his lack of vision and paltry defense makes him unnecessary. Much rather see DSJ and Frank gobble up all his minutes.

They need to be financially responsible this offseason on what contracts they offer to FA's. I wouldn't mind them going after Randle if the price is right. His defense is still suspect but his offensive game is well rounded. He's also a very good rebounder.
Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,613

Post#119 » by Billy Goat » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:56 pm

robillionaire wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:

just add RJ to the young group of dsj knox mitch trier, frank if the knicks don't get rid of him, and see who sticks, if it's possible to use the cap space to take on an expiring contract to get another pick I'd also do that

Would not draft RJ at 3.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,037

Post#120 » by robillionaire » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:59 pm

Billy Goat wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:

Would not draft RJ at 3.

Ok. Well this time next week he'll be on the roster so we won't have to speculate about it anymore. Let's revisit this next friday

Return to New York Knicks