ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: The Batman

Moderators: GONYK, Thugger HBC, Jeff Van Gully, King of Canada, j4remi, Capn'O, mrpoetryNmotion, mpharris36, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, K-DOT

Nazrmohamed
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,191
And1: 1,969
Joined: May 16, 2013
     

Re: OT: The Batman 

Post#21 » by Nazrmohamed » Sat May 18, 2019 11:02 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:Jesus! 9 Batman movies later...and it's time for another reboot? Keaton/Clooney/Bale/Affleck and now another Batman! 3 different reboots of Superman? DC keeps trying.


You forgot 1. Kilmer
User avatar
kane
Head Coach
Posts: 6,994
And1: 2,316
Joined: Dec 30, 2011
     

Re: OT: The Batman 

Post#22 » by kane » Sat May 18, 2019 1:20 pm

waya wrote:Great casting.

The dude has proven to have serious acting chops the past few years. Just needs to get on that Superhero diet/workout regimen and we're good

He and Matt Reeves are gonna kill it.


i agree the mass public will say "oh god the F'ing twilight guy" but he can act check out 'high life' and no its not about weed :lol: or the rover
User avatar
gavran
RealGM
Posts: 14,736
And1: 4,412
Joined: Nov 02, 2005
Location: crossing the line

Re: OT: The Batman 

Post#23 » by gavran » Sat May 18, 2019 2:02 pm

kane wrote:
waya wrote:Great casting.

The dude has proven to have serious acting chops the past few years. Just needs to get on that Superhero diet/workout regimen and we're good

He and Matt Reeves are gonna kill it.


i agree the mass public will say "oh god the F'ing twilight guy" but he can act check out 'high life' and no its not about weed :lol: or the rover

Good times too. Guy is a great actor.
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
General Manager
Posts: 8,006
And1: 5,740
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: OT: The Batman 

Post#24 » by Are We Ther Yet » Sat May 18, 2019 4:30 pm

Nazrmohamed wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:Jesus! 9 Batman movies later...and it's time for another reboot? Keaton/Clooney/Bale/Affleck and now another Batman! 3 different reboots of Superman? DC keeps trying.


You forgot 1. Kilmer


Damn! That's right. Good catch!!!
a knick fan forum. not a "argue ad nauseam about narratives and biases you hold like blood feuds that span decades" forum, you sentient buttplug. - Marty McFly :lol:
nykballa2k4
RealGM
Posts: 23,298
And1: 3,209
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: Kurt Rhombus is managing the defense...
       

Re: OT: The Batman 

Post#25 » by nykballa2k4 » Sat May 18, 2019 4:50 pm

What does this do to the good JL cast. Aquaman and Wonder Women were fine. DC just screwed up with Batfleck, and really just story telling. Cavil could actually be maintained but they need to figure out how to keep continuity while changing old smug IronBat into a more traditional batman.

They could do some multiverse stuff, and they could take some good fan theories (Joker from suicide squad is Robin).

They could "kill" Batfleck and make a final IronBat/torch passing movie where "this kid keeps following me"

I don't think DC is smart enough to do that, but it would be better for fans to continue the main story and attach new story tellers rather than begin a whole new DCEU.

On the flip side, if they just take all the small screen stars and go big with them in the movies.... Im in. Adding 33 y/o Batman to Grant Gustons Flash and Amells Arrow would be cool
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
User avatar
Kampuchea
Head Coach
Posts: 6,373
And1: 2,721
Joined: Oct 20, 2010
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
       

Re: OT: The Batman 

Post#26 » by Kampuchea » Sun May 19, 2019 12:21 am

It’s dead. The damned twilight dude? Hell no
User avatar
Fury
Knicks Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
Posts: 19,905
And1: 10,065
Joined: Mar 07, 2007
       

Re: OT: The Batman 

Post#27 » by Fury » Sun May 19, 2019 12:43 am

Kampuchea wrote:It’s dead. The damned twilight dude? Hell no


He’s done more stuff after twilight that proves he’s a great actor
StojkoVrankovic
General Manager
Posts: 8,831
And1: 6,130
Joined: Nov 29, 2011
 

Re: OT: The Batman 

Post#28 » by StojkoVrankovic » Sun May 19, 2019 1:00 am

Check out Good Time if you haven't seen it yet, the kid can act his ass off.

He will kill this role if the script is legit
RIP texas celtic, 12/10/14 - 12/10/14
User avatar
Kampuchea
Head Coach
Posts: 6,373
And1: 2,721
Joined: Oct 20, 2010
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
       

Re: OT: The Batman 

Post#29 » by Kampuchea » Sun May 19, 2019 1:15 am

Fury wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:It’s dead. The damned twilight dude? Hell no


He’s done more stuff after twilight that proves he’s a great actor


I think the look is off for this role. He looks like a Robin.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
Posts: 23,298
And1: 3,209
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: Kurt Rhombus is managing the defense...
       

Re: OT: The Batman 

Post#30 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun May 19, 2019 1:36 am

Kampuchea wrote:
Fury wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:It’s dead. The damned twilight dude? Hell no


He’s done more stuff after twilight that proves he’s a great actor


I think the look is off for this role. He looks like a Robin.

He looks like a Harvey Dent.

IDK, if we are going for heart throbs, was Zack Effron busy?
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
User avatar
Fury
Knicks Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
Posts: 19,905
And1: 10,065
Joined: Mar 07, 2007
       

Re: OT: The Batman 

Post#31 » by Fury » Sun May 19, 2019 3:10 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:
Fury wrote:
He’s done more stuff after twilight that proves he’s a great actor


I think the look is off for this role. He looks like a Robin.

He looks like a Harvey Dent.

IDK, if we are going for heart throbs, was Zack Effron busy?


Well, he’s obviously a better actor than Effron
User avatar
knicksh20b
Head Coach
Posts: 7,195
And1: 3,419
Joined: Jul 29, 2007
   

Re: OT: The Batman 

Post#32 » by knicksh20b » Sun May 19, 2019 7:42 am

Can't lie, it felt like they tried to make Batman into a really crappy version of Ironman with Affleck.
User avatar
King of Canada
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 15,567
And1: 10,986
Joined: Nov 03, 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
 

Re: OT: The Batman 

Post#33 » by King of Canada » Sun May 19, 2019 12:04 pm

DC always felt like it was created by a team of accountants
BAF Pacers :king:
R. Rubio l S. Livingston l J. Evans l J. Hands
D. Mitchell l J. Okogie l K. Nunn
L. Doncic l J. Richardson
Zion l R. Anderson l C. Boucher
KP l T. Chandler l A. Pasecniks l J. Porter

RIP mags :beer:
User avatar
NYKnickerbocker
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,778
And1: 2,876
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
Location: Queens
       

Re: OT: The Batman 

Post#34 » by NYKnickerbocker » Sun May 19, 2019 1:02 pm

I get a emotionally disturbed robin feel from him lol. Gunna be hard to shake that “twilight actor” guy feel from me lol. Hope it works tho
nykballa2k4
RealGM
Posts: 23,298
And1: 3,209
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: Kurt Rhombus is managing the defense...
       

Re: OT: The Batman 

Post#35 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun May 19, 2019 4:03 pm

Fury wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:
I think the look is off for this role. He looks like a Robin.

He looks like a Harvey Dent.

IDK, if we are going for heart throbs, was Zack Effron busy?


Well, he’s obviously a better actor than Effron


IDK, usually the bad guy is the more top-shelf actor. Batfleck was just an all around crap character acting, writing, ability for action. Batman's range of affect usually doesn't run far from a few notes so with an actually talented actor it creates a chance to screw up the character IMO.

Overall, the movies will come down to the story. If it's good it won't matter much (as long as the voice can be right, action can be performed etc).
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
User avatar
prophet_of_rage
General Manager
Posts: 8,380
And1: 1,904
Joined: Jan 06, 2005

Re: OT: The Batman 

Post#36 » by prophet_of_rage » Tue May 21, 2019 3:23 am

tjumper78 wrote:i dont know if they can make better batman movies than the trilogy, especially the dark knight.
The trilogy was meh. Dark Knight was carried tremendously by Ledger.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
EL CABRITO
Starter
Posts: 2,054
And1: 101
Joined: Aug 06, 2004
Location: MANHATTAN NEW YORK

Re: OT: The Batman 

Post#37 » by EL CABRITO » Tue Jun 4, 2019 1:03 pm

I've been waiting for this movie since they first revealed it would be based on Batman being the "World's Greatest Detective".
A lot of causal Batman fans aren't up on that aspect of Batman,I'd love to finally see him in full Sherlock Holmes mode.

I'm not too fond of the Twilight guy, but maybe he'll look good in the suit. I didn't like Affleck but he looked like the Dark Knight in the grey suit.
If you have no critics you'll likely have no success.
User avatar
Fury
Knicks Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
Posts: 19,905
And1: 10,065
Joined: Mar 07, 2007
       

Re: OT: The Batman 

Post#38 » by Fury » Tue Jun 4, 2019 2:03 pm

EL CABRITO wrote:I've been waiting for this movie since they first revealed it would be based on Batman being the "World's Greatest Detective".
A lot of causal Batman fans aren't up on that aspect of Batman,I'd love to finally see him in full Sherlock Holmes mode.

I'm not too fond of the Twilight guy, but maybe he'll look good in the suit. I didn't like Affleck but he looked like the Dark Knight in the grey suit.


Check out his movies after Twilight. He’s a beast. I’d start with Good Time. Lots of scenes in Queens
User avatar
DowNY
General Manager
Posts: 9,823
And1: 5,505
Joined: Dec 19, 2010
Location: Your mom's crib, NYC
     

Re: OT: The Batman 

Post#39 » by DowNY » Tue Jun 4, 2019 3:39 pm

This should be Batman Beyond, not the ordinary Batman.
Especially with this young looking dude. This generation is craving for Batman Beyond. Something fresh & different.

With a world that has a mix of Cyberpunk, Altered Carbon & Bladerunner 2049 + Batman concepts, that would be really fun. Not sure what’s taking them so long for this.
Porzingis is soft fam.
NYKAL
General Manager
Posts: 8,104
And1: 1,880
Joined: Nov 10, 2004
Location: LAND O NOD

Re: OT: The Batman 

Post#40 » by NYKAL » Tue Jun 4, 2019 3:40 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:What does this do to the good JL cast. Aquaman and Wonder Women were fine. DC just screwed up with Batfleck, and really just story telling. Cavil could actually be maintained but they need to figure out how to keep continuity while changing old smug IronBat into a more traditional batman.

They could do some multiverse stuff, and they could take some good fan theories (Joker from suicide squad is Robin).

They could "kill" Batfleck and make a final IronBat/torch passing movie where "this kid keeps following me"

I don't think DC is smart enough to do that, but it would be better for fans to continue the main story and attach new story tellers rather than begin a whole new DCEU.

On the flip side, if they just take all the small screen stars and go big with them in the movies.... Im in. Adding 33 y/o Batman to Grant Gustons Flash and Amells Arrow would be cool


I thought he said he was done too. I know he hated the portrayal of superman

Return to New York Knicks