ImageImageImageImageImage

Draft Thread 2: The Electric Draftaloo

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

What Should We Do?

Draft Barrett
73%
Draft Someone Else
9%
Trade the Pick
17%

Total votes: 172

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,520

Re: Draft Thread 2: The Electric Draftaloo 

Post#41 » by blueNorange » Fri May 24, 2019 5:44 pm

GONYK wrote:
blueNorange wrote:this is great news, do it pills! :nod:

Before the unveiling of the lottery results, some scouts and personnel execs said that if the Hawks had won the No. 2 pick, they would focus on wing Jarrett Culver - and that the Cavaliers might have done the same, passing on outstanding guards Ja Morant and RJ Barrett.

Rumors have even cropped up about the Knicks considering Culver over Barrett with the No. 3 pick. At the least, the Knicks will weigh the option.

:nod:

the one thing that sticks is that he uses his body so well to create room.

he’s just strong and because of that’s gets to his spots. he can go to his left.

his shot is slow to get off but there nothing mechanic wise that raise concerns.

guys let’s start the jarret culver hype train, this is the kid we seek with the #3.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,842

Post#42 » by thebuzzardman » Fri May 24, 2019 5:45 pm

I think Knox will wind up to be a superior player to RJ
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,103

Post#43 » by god shammgod » Fri May 24, 2019 5:56 pm

jarrett culver is a souped up frank
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,915

Post#44 » by Fat » Fri May 24, 2019 5:59 pm

GONYK wrote:
FatboyRealPetty wrote:So we finally get a top 3 pick in a 3 man draft but trade down in a weak draft for 8 & 10?

Simply calling it a 3 man draft doesn't mean that the three guys are all worth building around.

take your chances with RJ or morant, maybe if it were a deeper draft i could see trading down making more sense
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,454

Post#45 » by stuporman » Fri May 24, 2019 6:04 pm

The first player in ncaa history to have 850 points, 250 rebounds, 150 assists and 50 made 3s in a single season...... the first player ever as a reclassified freshman that should have been a HS senior this year. Not first freshman to do it..... the first of any ncaa player ever.

...but da wiggle. :lol:

Although, I think this draft is deeper than "the 3 player" cap some are trying to put on it, there's going to be some real good players all throughout the lottery, first round and even into the second round.

To be fair there always is but fans usually tend to focus on the perceived franchise changers before the draft and it's only after awhile down the road do we recognize there were other gems.

Look at the Knicks last draft, Knox showed some potential aside from his epic inefficiency but Mitch was an absolute steal in the second round and undrafted Trier had similar numbers to someone named all-rookie.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Fat
RealGM

Post#46 » by Fat » Fri May 24, 2019 6:26 pm

Triple C wrote:
Read on Twitter

id be more concerned with a RJ/dennis fit than i would RJ/Knox.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 62,163

Post#47 » by F N 11 » Fri May 24, 2019 6:32 pm

My vision for Knox is a legit spot up shooter who can finish on the break , handle the ball, and pass a little. He's not alpha..he's a good fit next to RJ. Not to mention Mitch catching alleys from RJ. The DSJ fit is weird but DSJ hasnt shown to want to run the show anyway. Take the pass make a play or shoot it.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,431

Post#48 » by Oscirus » Fri May 24, 2019 6:33 pm

scariest thing about rj coming here is that paints getting clogged since knox is really our only respectable shooter in the starting lineup. No Bueno.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 62,163

Post#49 » by F N 11 » Fri May 24, 2019 6:39 pm

Oscirus wrote:scariest thing about rj coming here is that paints getting clogged since knox is really our only respectable shooter in the starting lineup. No Bueno.

Knox should be better, Dotson already good, and I’m sure we will get a 4 man who can shoot. Shooting is a focus according to FO.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Fat
RealGM

Post#50 » by Fat » Fri May 24, 2019 6:40 pm

Oscirus wrote:scariest thing about rj coming here is that paints getting clogged since knox is really our only respectable shooter in the starting lineup. No Bueno.

knicks arent going to have the same roster at least id hope not unless they want to tank again. Even if we dont land KD/irving im sure the roster will get a much needed upgrade through free agency
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,699

Post#51 » by shtolky » Fri May 24, 2019 6:42 pm

If we did draft Barrett, I would say on the night he's drafted he would be the only lock to start. The team will look completely different in 6 weeks and it's not even a guarantee Knox or DSJ start next season.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,101

Post#52 » by robillionaire » Fri May 24, 2019 6:46 pm

KD and Kyrie can shoot. Mitch is working on his 3 ball on Instagram. We good
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,527

Post#53 » by DOT » Fri May 24, 2019 6:51 pm

People keep saying it's a 3 player draft

It really isn't. It's a 1 player draft, and RJ and Ja the only guys that stood out statistically outside of Zion

I mean yeah, general consensus seems to be those two are best of the rest, but I don't see that big of a gap between them and the next level down of guys, especially not with Ja "literally a worse finisher than Mudiay" Morant
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,644

Post#54 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri May 24, 2019 7:02 pm

god shammgod wrote:jarrett culver is a souped up frank

Yeah I’m not a big RJ fan but I would take him over Culver
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
RealGM
And1: 39,290

Post#55 » by 2010 » Fri May 24, 2019 7:03 pm

Triple C wrote:
Read on Twitter

I said this last week. Not only Knox, but RJ makes us hate Frank less too. Cuz considering Frank can't dribble a basketball or get into the paint, RJ could function as another ballhandler and penetrator who frees up Frank to a pot up on the wing. Provided Frank can learn how to shoot a basketball, as well.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
RealGM

Post#56 » by 2010 » Fri May 24, 2019 7:04 pm

K-DOT wrote:People keep saying it's a 3 player draft

It really isn't. It's a 1 player draft, and RJ and Ja the only guys that stood out statistically outside of Zion

I mean yeah, general consensus seems to be those two are best of the rest, but I don't see that big of a gap between them and the next level down of guys, especially not with Ja "literally a worse finisher than Mudiay" Morant

There's no such thing as a 1-player draft. It's never happened in NBA history. There are always finds.

RealGM

Post#57 » by 2010 » Fri May 24, 2019 7:05 pm

blanko wrote:i wonder if we can get a second rounder around the the low 40s like Jontay Porter and luca Samanic

Neither will be around in the low 40s

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,172

Post#58 » by Clyde_Style » Fri May 24, 2019 7:09 pm

shtolky wrote:

If we did draft Barrett, I would say on the night he's drafted he would be the only lock to start. The team will look completely different in 6 weeks and it's not even a guarantee Knox or DSJ start next season.

I really like the idea of Smith as the 2nd unit PG actually
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 18,266

Post#59 » by SelbyCobra » Fri May 24, 2019 7:13 pm

2010 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:People keep saying it's a 3 player draft

There's no such thing as a 1-player draft. It's never happened in NBA history. There are always finds.

What about a 0-player draft? :lol:

Fat
RealGM

Post#60 » by Fat » Fri May 24, 2019 7:14 pm

god shammgod wrote:jarrett culver is a souped up frank

the best nba comparison i could come up with for culver is a less athletic evan turner that can possibly hit the 3 at a decent clip.

Culver though he doesnt have really anything about his game you can lock into on offense and say he's going to "thrive in this area" He plays at his own pace which is on the slower side of things the NBA is more fast paced, he isnt that explosive i dont think he can have the same role in the NBA he played in college where he'll be allowed to be a primary initiator on offense (at least not right now), and he isnt that much of threat off-ball as a shooter. 30% from the 3.

i think he can be a good role player starter i dont really see a star though, it really comes down to how he will translate to the NBA. if he can be as successful with the ball as he was in college he's got a bright future especially if he can shoot the ball better.

Return to New York Knicks