ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2020 Mets Thread, p. 50

Moderators: Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, K-DOT, mrpoetryNmotion, GONYK, j4remi, Jeff Van Gully, King of Canada, Thugger HBC, mpharris36, NoLayupRule

User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 73,511
And1: 37,843
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official 2020 Mets Thread, p. 50 

Post#1881 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:00 am

It's pretty pathetic that the Mets have to scrounge around every back ally searching for a GM and manager. This guy Ebbler is just a placeholder until one of the real GMs (no pun intended) becomes available. I hope that we can at least snag a real baseball manager and not some analytics dweeb from the minor leagues or wherever with no MLB managerial experience again.

We have a lot of work to do this off-season and we're not off to a good start. I have an ominous sense of doom about it.
User avatar
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
Posts: 49,932
And1: 15,873
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: mgmt: caa

Re: Official 2020 Mets Thread, p. 50 

Post#1882 » by blueNorange » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:03 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:It's pretty pathetic that the Mets have to scrounge around every back ally searching for a GM and manager. This guy Ebbler is just a placeholder until one of the real GMs (no pun intended) becomes available. I hope that we can at least snag a real baseball manager and not some analytics dweeb from the minor leagues or wherever with no MLB managerial experience again.

We have a lot of work to do this off-season and we're not off to a good start. I have an ominous sense of doom about it.

lol you're just feeding into the media.

mets and epller have talked for awhile now, it's just that the media was busy reporting the people that said no -- remember when sandy said they're talking to people that haven't even been named? that was billy.

the media has an agenda, like for starters the yankees have only hired white managers in their entire existence yet no reporter has ever bothered asking why that is.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Image
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 73,511
And1: 37,843
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official 2020 Mets Thread, p. 50 

Post#1883 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:38 pm

blueNorange wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:It's pretty pathetic that the Mets have to scrounge around every back ally searching for a GM and manager. This guy Ebbler is just a placeholder until one of the real GMs (no pun intended) becomes available. I hope that we can at least snag a real baseball manager and not some analytics dweeb from the minor leagues or wherever with no MLB managerial experience again.

We have a lot of work to do this off-season and we're not off to a good start. I have an ominous sense of doom about it.

lol you're just feeding into the media.

mets and epller have talked for awhile now, it's just that the media was busy reporting the people that said no -- remember when sandy said they're talking to people that haven't even been named? that was billy.

the media has an agenda, like for starters the yankees have only hired white managers in their entire existence yet no reporter has ever bothered asking why that is.


Cohen should hire you for the PR Department. 15 years here and I haven’t seen you criticize the Mets once. :lol:
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 73,511
And1: 37,843
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official 2020 Mets Thread, p. 50 

Post#1884 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:00 am

Mets made a nice pickup yesterday by signing former Cardinals first round draft pick OF Nick Plummer.

Matz signing with the Cardinals was a good move for him. Robbie Ray could be our next move even though we’d lose a draft pick.

Losing PCA in the Baez rental was dumb.
User avatar
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
Posts: 49,932
And1: 15,873
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: mgmt: caa

Re: Official 2020 Mets Thread, p. 50 

Post#1885 » by blueNorange » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:45 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Losing PCA in the Baez rental was dumb.

mets traded one of their weaker prosepcts for a rental, a prosepct that had a shoulder injury that could zapped the power he never had in the first place.

alvarez, vientos, mauricio, and baty are all way, way, way better hitters.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Image
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
User avatar
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
Posts: 49,932
And1: 15,873
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: mgmt: caa

Re: Official 2020 Mets Thread, p. 50 

Post#1886 » by blueNorange » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:47 pm

mets signed a bunch of players

2 year deal to mark canha
4 year deal to starling marte
2 year deal to alex escobar
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Image
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 73,511
And1: 37,843
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official 2020 Mets Thread, p. 50 

Post#1887 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:40 pm

blueNorange wrote:mets signed a bunch of players

2 year deal to mark canha
4 year deal to starling marte
2 year deal to alex escobar


On to the pitching market next
Jeffrey
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,977
And1: 2,830
Joined: Aug 02, 2010
   

Re: Official 2020 Mets Thread, p. 50 

Post#1888 » by Jeffrey » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:51 am

We're looking at Gausman, Ray and Scherzer. Reading Stroman is furious with the Mets. I would like 2 of them from those 4 and Rich Hill for depth.

Now that we have Canha, Marte and Escobar... Dom Smith, JD Davis, McNeil will be available in the trade market.
User avatar
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
Posts: 49,932
And1: 15,873
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: mgmt: caa

Re: Official 2020 Mets Thread, p. 50 

Post#1889 » by blueNorange » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:31 am

y'all better be folliwng the scherzer mets news on twitter, mets offered him 3 years /120 mill and have the strongest offer so far.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Image
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
User avatar
SelbyCobra
General Manager
Posts: 8,437
And1: 14,641
Joined: May 25, 2011

Re: Official 2020 Mets Thread, p. 50 

Post#1890 » by SelbyCobra » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:37 am

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter
Image
User avatar
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
Posts: 49,932
And1: 15,873
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: mgmt: caa

Re: Official 2020 Mets Thread, p. 50 

Post#1891 » by blueNorange » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:48 am

mad max is one of the favorites, i hope he signs.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Image
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
User avatar
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
Posts: 49,932
And1: 15,873
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: mgmt: caa

Re: Official 2020 Mets Thread, p. 50 

Post#1892 » by blueNorange » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:54 am

IT HAS HAPPENED.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Image
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
User avatar
SelbyCobra
General Manager
Posts: 8,437
And1: 14,641
Joined: May 25, 2011

Re: Official 2020 Mets Thread, p. 50 

Post#1893 » by SelbyCobra » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:55 am

Read on Twitter
Image
User avatar
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
Posts: 49,932
And1: 15,873
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: mgmt: caa

Re: Official 2020 Mets Thread, p. 50 

Post#1894 » by blueNorange » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:55 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Image
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
User avatar
SelbyCobra
General Manager
Posts: 8,437
And1: 14,641
Joined: May 25, 2011

Re: Official 2020 Mets Thread, p. 50 

Post#1895 » by SelbyCobra » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:31 am

Read on Twitter
Image
User avatar
2010
Knicks Forum A Helluva Poster
Posts: 30,120
And1: 27,151
Joined: Jul 24, 2008
       

Re: Official 2020 Mets Thread, p. 50 

Post#1896 » by 2010 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:51 am

Does this mean no money left for Baez?
Image Image

We The North...

1: James | Graham | Shamet
2: Bogdanovic | Hardaway Jr. | Thomas
3: LeVert | Barton | Jones Jr.
4: Green | Kuzma | Bol
5: Drummond | Ibaka | Lopez
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 73,511
And1: 37,843
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official 2020 Mets Thread, p. 50 

Post#1897 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:37 am

2010 wrote:Does this mean no money left for Baez?


We always have Cano and Guillorme at 2B.

I’d rather use whatever money we have left to sign Robbie Ray. But c’mon, I thought the Steve Cohen wasn’t going to let the luxury tax be an obstacle to bringing in the pieces we need.
User avatar
2010
Knicks Forum A Helluva Poster
Posts: 30,120
And1: 27,151
Joined: Jul 24, 2008
       

Re: Official 2020 Mets Thread, p. 50 

Post#1898 » by 2010 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:52 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
2010 wrote:Does this mean no money left for Baez?


We always have Cano and Guillorme at 2B.

I’d rather use whatever money we have left to sign Robbie Ray. But c’mon, I thought the Steve Cohen wasn’t going to let the luxury tax be an obstacle to bringing in the pieces we need.


I need Baez back. Idgaf about Cano and Guillorme :lol:
Image Image

We The North...

1: James | Graham | Shamet
2: Bogdanovic | Hardaway Jr. | Thomas
3: LeVert | Barton | Jones Jr.
4: Green | Kuzma | Bol
5: Drummond | Ibaka | Lopez
User avatar
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
Posts: 49,932
And1: 15,873
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: mgmt: caa

Re: Official 2020 Mets Thread, p. 50 

Post#1899 » by blueNorange » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:46 am

2010 wrote:Does this mean no money left for Baez?

mets aren't operating with a budget.

the issue is semien is a better player than baez and didn't get more than 170 million, so baez's market is set unless there's a team that'll give him the extra cash.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Image
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
User avatar
SelbyCobra
General Manager
Posts: 8,437
And1: 14,641
Joined: May 25, 2011

Re: Official 2020 Mets Thread, p. 50 

Post#1900 » by SelbyCobra » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:58 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter
Image

Return to New York Knicks