ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2020 Mets Thread, p. 50

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,086

Re: Official 2019 Mets Thread, II, p. 337 

Post#621 » by blueNorange » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:57 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
melo4three wrote:I think a big question is what do we do with Dom, He is definitely a starting caliber player who we need to find a position for.

He'll probably be in a trade of some kind. If we package him with Noah, we should get something sweet back.

you're not going to get a starter better than noah via trade or free agency sans cole.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,940

Post#622 » by Stannis » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:01 pm

This how I feel. Who the hell do the Mets get if they were to trade Thor?

Nobody better imo, even if they package him with Dom Smith

EDIT: Thor has two more years of arbitration. Just keep him...

He's in that awkward spot where his trade value is not that high but still has potential.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,647

Post#623 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:20 pm

Stannis wrote:This how I feel. Who the hell do the Mets get if they were to trade Thor?

He's in that awkward spot where his trade value is not that high but still has potential.

Move Lugo into the rotation. Get back a stud pitcher who’s almost ready and maybe a stud catching prospect to take over for Ramos after next season?

What about trading JD Davis to an AL team that needs a DH and keeping Dominic Smith for LF?
Free Palestine
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#624 » by blueNorange » Tue Oct 1, 2019 6:11 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Stannis wrote:This how I feel. Who the hell do the Mets get if they were to trade Thor?

Move Lugo into the rotation. Get back a stud pitcher who’s almost ready and maybe a stud catching prospect to take over for Ramos after next season?

What about trading JD Davis to an AL team that needs a DH and keeping Dominic Smith for LF?

how many times are you going to have to be told that lugo as a starter is just an average pitcher vs lugo the reliever is one of the most dominant pitchers in the game. lugo historically is bad 3rd time around, he's had more than enough games to prove this.

4.06 era in 168 innings as a starter
2.52 era in 178 innings as a reliever

lugo is also pitching with a partially torn ucl, that's why his days off are a big deal with him, so you want him to routinely throw 100+ every 5 days?

davis is better than smith with the bat, and has more power that justifies playing his terrible defense in lf whereas with smith, the bat didn't make up for the glove. so you keep davis.

also, who's the stud pitcher? better yet, who replaces the mets best reliever(lugo) after he gets moved to the rotation? if you're going to make terrible takes, at least have a plan with to go along with it instead of saying " trade for a stud pitcher/catcher".

you don't even know the mets have one of the better catching prospects in baseball. :lol:
LOL Y U MAD THO?
prolific96
Junior
And1: 118

Post#625 » by prolific96 » Tue Oct 1, 2019 6:47 pm

What sort of package would Boston ask for to get another Mookie in a Mets uniform? Would Dom, Thor and Nimmo get it done? It would give Boston 3 low cost controllable players while they get their payroll in order. Would the coupons even consider dropping 400 million on a player?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#626 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Oct 1, 2019 7:37 pm

prolific96 wrote:What sort of package would Boston ask for to get another Mookie in a Mets uniform? Would Dom, Thor and Nimmo get it done? It would give Boston 3 low cost controllable players while they get their payroll in order. Would the coupons even consider dropping 400 million on a player?

I don't know what Boston's money situation is. Usually, it's never a problem but they have Betts and their third basemen who they want to extend. I just don't know if they can afford both?

I would offer the Red Sox Thor, Dom, and JD instead of Nimmo. We need his OBP at the top of the lineup. JD's a DH anyhow.
Free Palestine
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,586

Post#627 » by mpharris36 » Wed Oct 2, 2019 12:20 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
prolific96 wrote:What sort of package would Boston ask for to get another Mookie in a Mets uniform? Would Dom, Thor and Nimmo get it done? It would give Boston 3 low cost controllable players while they get their payroll in order. Would the coupons even consider dropping 400 million on a player?

I don't know what Boston's money situation is. Usually, it's never a problem but they have Betts and their third basemen who they want to extend. I just don't know if they can afford both?

I would offer the Red Sox Thor, Dom, and JD instead of Nimmo. We need his OBP at the top of the lineup. JD's a DH anyhow.

what are the mets doing with cespedes next year.

Nimmo
Betts
Mcneil
Alonso
Conforto
Ramos
Cano
Rosario

that is one hell of a lineup...with cespedes getting ABs as well you could go

Betts
Mcneil
Alonso
Conforto
Cespedes
Cano
Ramos
Rosario
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
prolific96
Junior

Post#628 » by prolific96 » Wed Oct 2, 2019 12:39 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:

I was skeptical of Boston's cap concerns but the yankees also spent a couple seasons getting below the tax threshold so maybe there is some truth to it.

Like you I'd prefer to keep Nimmo over JD. The OBP and positional flexibility would be desirable.

With all the good coaching candidates now available, do you think they move on from Callaway?
prolific96
Junior

Post#629 » by prolific96 » Wed Oct 2, 2019 12:43 am

mpharris36 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Nimmo
Betts
Mcneil
Alonso
Conforto
Ramos
Cano
Rosario

Betts
Mcneil
Alonso
Conforto
Cespedes
Cano
Ramos
Rosario

That is a hell of lineup with quality depth to boot. For so long the Mets had such an awful offense.

Have to assume Cespedes is with the Mets unless until July. Can't imagine the Mets eating the money necessary to move him.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#630 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Oct 2, 2019 2:21 am

prolific96 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Nimmo
Betts
Mcneil
Alonso
Conforto
Ramos
Cano
Rosario

Betts
Mcneil
Alonso
Conforto
Cespedes
Cano
Ramos
Rosario

That is a hell of lineup with quality depth to boot. For so long the Mets had such an awful offense.

Have to assume Cespedes is with the Mets unless until July. Can't imagine the Mets eating the money necessary to move him.

Cespedes is going to work on his farm and ride his horses next season. Oh, and play golf when no one is looking.
Free Palestine
nyk2017
Pro Prospect
And1: 765

Post#631 » by nyk2017 » Wed Oct 2, 2019 4:58 am

They should trade him for Kris Bryant. Both guys need a change of scenery. We could move Lugo to the starting rotation. We would be set with our lineup and starting pitching for the next 3-5 years
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,940

Post#632 » by Stannis » Wed Oct 2, 2019 2:54 pm

I don't get the point of moving Lugo as a starter? Our bullpen already sucks. And we saw how Lugo does as a starter, which is very average at best. It just doesn't make sense to turn a good reliever into an average pitcher, when you already have 4 starters with upside.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#633 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Oct 2, 2019 7:20 pm

Stannis wrote:I don't get the point of moving Lugo as a starter? Our bullpen already sucks. And we saw how Lugo does as a starter, which is very average at best. It just doesn't make sense to turn a good reliever into an average pitcher, when you already have 4 starters with upside.

The Lugo that struggled a bit as a starter was a couple years ago. I think he's developed a lot since then. Also, he said he wants to be a starter. We'll make other moves to solidify the BP. It'll be an interesting offseason for sure.

Why haven't we fired Callaway yet? All the best managers on the market will be gone by the time Jeff makes up his damn mind. :noway:
Free Palestine
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#634 » by blueNorange » Wed Oct 2, 2019 7:46 pm

lugo finding success as a reliever doesn't mean he'll have success as a starter, it means his stuff plays better as a reliever.

it's insane how you can't wrap your head around this, and you've yet to say who replaces lugo in the bp.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#635 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Oct 2, 2019 7:59 pm

blueNorange wrote:lugo finding success as a reliever doesn't mean he'll have success as a starter, it means his stuff plays better as a reliever.

it's insane how you can't wrap your head around this, and you've yet to say who replaces lugo in the bp.

It's insane that you think players can't develop.
Free Palestine
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#636 » by blueNorange » Wed Oct 2, 2019 8:23 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
blueNorange wrote:lugo finding success as a reliever doesn't mean he'll have success as a starter, it means his stuff plays better as a reliever.

except he didn't develop at all, he just maxes out as a reliever.

average fastball and slider as a starter is 91 mph and 85 mph
average fastball and slider as a reliever is 94 mph and 88 mph.

these are huge differences. this is the difference between someone average 7 k/9 as a starter and 10 k/9 as a reliever. it's the difference between wanting an okay player vs one of the best relievers in all of baseball.

but then again you wanted nothing to do with pete alonso, you thought he was all smoke. the great adrian gonzalez was good, dom smith is in his way. :lol: L's L's Ls' L's is all you take.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#637 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Oct 2, 2019 9:35 pm

blueNorange wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

except he didn't develop at all, he just maxes out as a reliever.

average fastball and slider as a starter is 91 mph and 85 mph
average fastball and slider as a reliever is 94 mph and 88 mph.

these are huge differences. this is the difference between someone average 7 k/9 as a starter and 10 k/9 as a reliever. it's the difference between wanting an okay player vs one of the best relievers in all of baseball.

but then again you wanted nothing to do with pete alonso, you thought he was all smoke. the great adrian gonzalez was good, dom smith is in his way. :lol: L's L's Ls' L's is all you take.

:rofl:

Ok, whatever.
Free Palestine
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#638 » by reub » Thu Oct 3, 2019 12:55 am

Our bullpen sucks. So make our only good relief pitcher a starter. Smh.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#639 » by blueNorange » Thu Oct 3, 2019 1:06 am

reub wrote:Our bullpen sucks. So make our only good relief pitcher a starter. Smh.

when we agree on something, you know harthorne is wrong.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#640 » by blueNorange » Thu Oct 3, 2019 3:52 am

btw mickey is no lock for next season's job, a lot of beat writers think he's gone.
LOL Y U MAD THO?

Return to New York Knicks