ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2020 Mets Thread, p. 50

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,110

Re: Official 2019 Mets Thread, II, p. 337 

Post#641 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Oct 3, 2019 6:01 am

blueNorange wrote:
reub wrote:Our bullpen sucks. So make our only good relief pitcher a starter. Smh.

when we agree on something, you know harthorne is wrong.

LOL, so you two are now tag-teaming me? What is this world coming to?

But if Lugo becomes a successful starter next season, you two have to be my butlers. :D

Free Palestine
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,502

Post#642 » by blueNorange » Thu Oct 3, 2019 6:53 am

but he won't, he'll be a back end of the rotation pitcher and certainly not better than thor/wheeler.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
jermsknicks
Senior
And1: 254

Post#643 » by jermsknicks » Thu Oct 3, 2019 11:22 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
reub wrote:Our bullpen sucks. So make our only good relief pitcher a starter. Smh.

when we agree on something, you know harthorne is wrong.

But if Lugo becomes a successful starter next season, you two have to be my butlers. :D

Aren't you really Phil Regan? You don't have to take this! Wheeler is going to test free agency and eventually sign with the Braves. That is why the suggestion to bring Lugo back as a starter isn't out of the question.

I have no idea what the bullpen will look like next year, but hoping you can get them right Phil!
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#644 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Oct 3, 2019 11:59 am

jermsknicks wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
blueNorange wrote:when we agree on something, you know harthorne is wrong.

Aren't you really Phil Regan? You don't have to take this! Wheeler is going to test free agency and eventually sign with the Braves. That is why the suggestion to bring Lugo back as a starter isn't out of the question.

I have no idea what the bullpen will look like next year, but hoping you can get them right Phil!

Haha. One of my favorite things about watching Mets games this season was seeing The Vulture run to and from the dugout to the mound.

I’m just humoring those two clowns. They know nothing about the game compared to me. :D

-The Vulture
Free Palestine
jermsknicks
Senior
And1: 254

Post#645 » by jermsknicks » Thu Oct 3, 2019 12:21 pm

I was just thinking that this might be a weird off-season where Mets fans might have some hope for next year. Then the Mets fan in me kicked-in and I realized this is just the calm before the storm. After the Yankees, Nats or Braves win the World Series it will be another miserable post season.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#646 » by blueNorange » Thu Oct 3, 2019 1:44 pm

the man with sources and now also the media is saying the same thing, same old crap.

mets want him fired but fred wilpon, he who has the final say, loves mickey.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
NYKHardKnock
Head Coach
And1: 4,950

Post#647 » by NYKHardKnock » Thu Oct 3, 2019 3:45 pm

I can’t stress enough how excited I am for the team.

Brandon Nimmo
Jeff McNeil
Amed Rosario
Pete Alonso
Michael Conforto
J.D. Davis

First 6 batters is absolutely incredible..

Jacob DeGrom
Noah Syndergaard
Marcus Stroman
Zack Wheeler
Steven Matz

Then you have two guys like Robinson Cano/Wilson Ramos

The bullpen needs an overhaul.

This team can contend for a World Series. And well with how young the team is they can contend for a while.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#648 » by blueNorange » Thu Oct 3, 2019 3:57 pm

NYKHardKnock wrote:I can’t stress enough how excited I am for the team.

Brandon Nimmo
Jeff McNeil
Amed Rosario
Pete Alonso
Michael Conforto
J.D. Davis

Jacob DeGrom
Noah Syndergaard
Marcus Stroman
Zack Wheeler
Steven Matz

This team can contend for a World Series. And well with how young the team is they can contend for a while.

thor will be traded
wheeler won’t be re-signed
one of conforto/nimmo will be traded
LOL Y U MAD THO?
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,457

Post#649 » by JXL » Thu Oct 3, 2019 4:27 pm

Read on Twitter

I hope Girardi gets another shot. Him managing this Mets team could be it.
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#650 » by blueNorange » Thu Oct 3, 2019 4:32 pm

JXL wrote:
Read on Twitter

either joe’s would be great, but would they be yes, men?

mickeys problem was never fully doing what brodie wanted, and his in game decisions sucked.

luis rojas is another name, he was a coach on their staff this past season but before that was a successful manager in their minors.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
NYKHardKnock
Head Coach
And1: 4,950

Post#651 » by NYKHardKnock » Thu Oct 3, 2019 5:41 pm

blueNorange wrote:
NYKHardKnock wrote:I can’t stress enough how excited I am for the team.

Brandon Nimmo
Jeff McNeil
Amed Rosario
Pete Alonso
Michael Conforto
J.D. Davis

Jacob DeGrom
Noah Syndergaard
Marcus Stroman
Zack Wheeler
Steven Matz

thor will be traded
wheeler won’t be re-signed
one of conforto/nimmo will be traded
BVW stated just now that Noah will be on the roster. Nimmo will be the OFer since we’ll have a hole at the 3B with McNeil or Cano will be there. Conforto will NOT be traded. Wheeler is questionable
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#652 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Oct 3, 2019 5:50 pm

JXL wrote:
Read on Twitter

Offseason Agenda:

Phase 1 - Fire Callaway ... check

Phase 2 - Hire Girardi
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#653 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Oct 3, 2019 5:51 pm

blueNorange wrote:
JXL wrote:
Read on Twitter

mickeys problem was never fully doing what brodie wanted, and his in game decisions sucked.

luis rojas is another name, he was a coach on their staff this past season but before that was a successful manager in their minors.

We need a real manager. No more rookies.
Free Palestine
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,882

Post#654 » by Jose7 » Thu Oct 3, 2019 5:57 pm

Glad this prick was gone..as soon as I saw him hunting or fishing or w/e with Harvey, Thor, etc, I knew he was bad news..
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#655 » by blueNorange » Thu Oct 3, 2019 6:27 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
JXL wrote:
Read on Twitter

We need a real manager. No more rookies.

he'd be a rookie that's been managing the mets system since 2007, and has been a successful one at that too. he's 38 which means he was in his 20's when managing.

anyways, my top guys are joe girard, carlos beltran, and then luis rojas.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#656 » by blueNorange » Thu Oct 3, 2019 6:32 pm

** this is just the humble opinon of a scout's take on who the mets should look into/avoid **

Luis Rojas (Internal. Felipe Alou's son. Groomed a lot of the home grown guys. Got raise to take over Columbia this season after high minor experience. Player Development's most trusted manager/coach)

Bob Geren (Catcher mentality; been there, done that. Terry Collins was at his best w/ Geren by his side. Analytically astute.)

Carlos Beltran (Everyone loves Beltran; One of smartest superstars to ever play game. Savvy business man. Out works most)

Joe Girardi (Obvious reasons. Although, not convinced with the pairing of current front office and Girardi. Don't think it ends well but experience in NY plus and catcher mentality)

Hensley Meulens (Candidate and likely favorite for Giants. Universally loved, Positive WBC managerial experience & speaks 5 languages. Has done less with more as hitting coach with Giants. 3 rings)

Moises Alou (Luis Rojas' Brother, Felipe Alou son. Current front office guy in Padres organization. Well respected. Compared to pops for feel of game. Has mostly worked in player development. Has unorthodox approach to treating blisters on hands

Guys to avoid

Mike Matheny (Intelligent. Not a good fit with front office. Is about what Mickey was with in-game management. Has feel for analytics but is universally panned by Cardinals fanbase for decision making skills and sticking with guys way too long because of his gut)

Buck Showalter (Orioles were in the stone ages when he was there. Terrific in-game manager and development guy. Unknown feel on analytics since Orioles had extremely limited analytics department until he left. Expensive.)

Joe Maddon (Let the West Coast take him. Intelligent. Expensive. Would be fire to the media. It would end horribly. Also, he tinkered so much it began to mess with his team, injuries occurred due to the switching of positions and didn't get the most out of his guys last two seasons.)
LOL Y U MAD THO?
RealGM
And1: 39,258

Post#657 » by 2010 » Thu Oct 3, 2019 7:43 pm

Glad Brodie has come out and publicly announced that Thor/Diaz won't be traded.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#658 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Oct 3, 2019 8:20 pm

2010 wrote:Glad Brodie has come out and publicly announced that Thor/Diaz won't be traded.

Thumbs up to that. If we have both of them playing to a normal level, as opposed to their peak potential, we are in the playoffs. They're both still very young with tremendous talent and potential and, most significantly, they're under team control for The Wilponzis.

But now we have to see if they're going to spend any money on the bullpen and maybe a regular everyday honest to god center fielder. I don't even know what, if anyone, is available. Of course, we could simply go with Nimmo in CF. If that's what we end up doing, I guess I'm fine with that. He either, obviously, needs to play or Brodie needs to make a trade. Either Conforto or Nimmo depending on what they're looking to get in return.

Wheelers gone, so we'll need another starter and - SINCE WE'RE NOT MOVING LUGO FROM THE BULLPEN! - we'll need to acquire two starters. One top of the rotation guy to replace Wheeler and another for depth. We had no starting pitching depth this season. Thankfully, our starting rotation remained very healthy throughout the year. We can't count on being that lucky next season.

Wheeler is going to get his $100 million contract so I want to see us spend a good portion of that savings on improving the team. I don't want them to simply put that money back in their pockets to be invested into some ponzi scheme, ya know?
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#659 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Oct 3, 2019 8:23 pm

blueNorange wrote:** this is just the humble opinon of a scout's take on who the mets should look into/avoid **

Luis Rojas (Internal. Felipe Alou's son. Groomed a lot of the home grown guys. Got raise to take over Columbia this season after high minor experience. Player Development's most trusted manager/coach)

Bob Geren (Catcher mentality; been there, done that. Terry Collins was at his best w/ Geren by his side. Analytically astute.)

Carlos Beltran (Everyone loves Beltran; One of smartest superstars to ever play game. Savvy business man. Out works most)

Joe Girardi (Obvious reasons. Although, not convinced with the pairing of current front office and Girardi. Don't think it ends well but experience in NY plus and catcher mentality)

Hensley Meulens (Candidate and likely favorite for Giants. Universally loved, Positive WBC managerial experience & speaks 5 languages. Has done less with more as hitting coach with Giants. 3 rings)

Moises Alou (Luis Rojas' Brother, Felipe Alou son. Current front office guy in Padres organization. Well respected. Compared to pops for feel of game. Has mostly worked in player development. Has unorthodox approach to treating blisters on hands

Guys to avoid

Mike Matheny (Intelligent. Not a good fit with front office. Is about what Mickey was with in-game management. Has feel for analytics but is universally panned by Cardinals fanbase for decision making skills and sticking with guys way too long because of his gut)

Buck Showalter (Orioles were in the stone ages when he was there. Terrific in-game manager and development guy. Unknown feel on analytics since Orioles had extremely limited analytics department until he left. Expensive.)

Joe Maddon (Let the West Coast take him. Intelligent. Expensive. Would be fire to the media. It would end horribly. Also, he tinkered so much it began to mess with his team, injuries occurred due to the switching of positions and didn't get the most out of his guys last two seasons.)

Moises! Actually, anyone from the Alou family tree is fine with me. "Carmelite," Felipe's daughter, is said to be a baseball savant.

Beltran plays his centerfielders too deep.

BREAKING NEWS: "No chance" Mets hire Beltran
Free Palestine
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#660 » by blueNorange » Fri Oct 4, 2019 6:01 pm

btw i'm gonna predict this inevitable terrible off season

- mets hire joe girardi
- mets don't re-sign zack wheeler
- mets trade conforto to unload familia's contract
- mets move lugo to the bp because they're dumb
- mets sign tanner roark and sell everyone he's as good, if not better than zack wheeler
- mets trade ramos but don't have anyone to replace him
LOL Y U MAD THO?

Return to New York Knicks