ImageImageImageImageImage

Draft Thread 3 - Draftage: Music to Select Your Young Prospects By

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Hey Everyone! It's time to...

STFU Capn'O!
18%
FFS STFU Capn'O!!!
82%

Total votes: 38

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,051

Re: Draft Thread 3 - Draftage: Music to Select Your Young Prospects By 

Post#81 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:59 pm

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Post#82 » by Triple C » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:00 pm

Givony said he would be surprised If Ja didn't go to Memphis and that bodes well for the Knicks as he thinks RJ is the better player
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,326

Post#83 » by Worst_to_First » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:16 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
F N 11 wrote:

All he do is win lol

He'll be a Knick next year. That will change. Lol.

Perhaps for the best..... for now.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,285

Post#84 » by RHODEY » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:15 pm

Old but relevant

Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,788

Post#85 » by Stannis » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:13 pm

Just gonna say this one last time.... don't be so set on RJ. Grizzlies are really considering him.
Free Palestine
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#86 » by Oscirus » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:22 pm

Stannis wrote:Just gonna say this one last time.... don't be so set on RJ. Grizzlies are really considering him.

Too late. Anything short of RJ and we riot
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
GIMME_DATT
Veteran
And1: 1,739

Post#87 » by GIMME_DATT » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:28 pm

Get rj

And load up on shooters around him
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#88 » by F N 11 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:49 pm

Stannis wrote:Just gonna say this one last time.... don't be so set on RJ. Grizzlies are really considering him.

We take Ja or let someone give us the world for him. Simple. Anyone say JA is not good does not know basketball.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#89 » by GONYK » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:51 pm

F N 11 wrote:

We take Ja or let someone give us the world for him. Simple. Anyone say JA is not good does not know basketball.

Nobody is saying he isn't good. They are saying he's not a transformative franchise PG.

You want to go out and guarantee he is?
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#90 » by F N 11 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:13 pm

GONYK wrote:
F N 11 wrote:

Nobody is saying he isn't good. They are saying he's not a transformative franchise PG.

JA Morant will be a top talent/ Difference maker in the nba. Bookmark this. I will for sure be coming back to this.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,934

Post#91 » by Fury » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:14 pm

F N 11 wrote:
GONYK wrote:
F N 11 wrote:We take Ja or let someone give us the world for him. Simple. Anyone say JA is not good does not know basketball.

JA Morant will be a top talent in the nba. Bookmark this. I will for sure be coming back to this.

+1
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#92 » by GONYK » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:15 pm

F N 11 wrote:
GONYK wrote:
F N 11 wrote:We take Ja or let someone give us the world for him. Simple. Anyone say JA is not good does not know basketball.

JA Morant will be a top talent in the nba. Bookmark this. I will for sure be coming back to this.

Bookmarked it is :lol:
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#93 » by GONYK » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:33 pm

Read on Twitter
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,881

Post#94 » by KnixinSix » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:35 pm

Really good take by Givony:

I'm a little surprised by how quickly everyone seems to have settled on the fact that Barrett is clearly an inferior prospect to Morant -- a statement you widely hear among NBA folks. It's not something I actually agree with, personally. If I were making the pick for Memphis, I would be all over Barrett at No. 2, not just because of his positional fit on the roster alongside Mike Conley (although that helps), but also because of Barrett's overall talent level and modern NBA qualities.

These NBA playoff games have been eye-opening. The league's best teams have a big guard/wing in Barrett's mold who is asked to carry a huge amount of playmaking responsibility, both in the half-court and in the open floor. Having more size on the floor gives you clear advantages defensively with the amount of switching every team does. It also leads to numerous cross-matching situations in which the opposing team is forced to decide between giving up a good look early in the clock -- death in today's NBA game -- or having the wrong defender matched up with a team's best player, which is often just as bad.

Barrett is ideally suited for that big wing role with his ability to bust out in transition and make reads out of pick-and-rolls, as he's a much better athlete than he gets credit for. According to P3 sports science data from last year, Barrett tested very well relative to NBA athletes in acceleration and posted elite deceleration metrics, on par with James Harden.

He's a freight train once he gets downhill. He brings elite body control, and he's as aggressive as they come seeking out contact in the paint. He's going to continue to improve his pull-up jumper as his career moves along due to his outstanding work ethic, as he has already made huge strides in that area over the past few years. Combine that with his court vision, scoring instincts, competitiveness and the fact that he still hasn't turned 19 years old, and you have everything you look for in a modern NBA prospect.

Mike, like you pointed out, this Duke team was poorly constructed, which made it much easier for opposing defenses to pack the paint and force Barrett to navigate tight spaces while not possessing elite shooting ability himself. He's going to look much better with the ball in his hands surrounded by NBA shooters, especially as his feel for how to play to his strengths evolves into his 20s.

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/26859001/nba-draft-debate-rj-barrett-future-star
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,881

Post#95 » by KnixinSix » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:36 pm

GONYK wrote:
F N 11 wrote:
GONYK wrote:

Bookmarked it is :lol:

Ja will be really good but so will Barrett
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#96 » by GONYK » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:37 pm

KnixinSix wrote:I'm a little surprised by how quickly everyone seems to have settled on the fact that Barrett is clearly an inferior prospect to Morant -- a statement you widely hear among NBA folks. It's not something I actually agree with, personally. If I were making the pick for Memphis, I would be all over Barrett at No. 2, not just because of his positional fit on the roster alongside Mike Conley (although that helps), but also because of Barrett's overall talent level and modern NBA qualities.

These NBA playoff games have been eye-opening. The league's best teams have a big guard/wing in Barrett's mold who is asked to carry a huge amount of playmaking responsibility, both in the half-court and in the open floor. Having more size on the floor gives you clear advantages defensively with the amount of switching every team does. It also leads to numerous cross-matching situations in which the opposing team is forced to decide between giving up a good look early in the clock -- death in today's NBA game -- or having the wrong defender matched up with a team's best player, which is often just as bad.

Barrett is ideally suited for that big wing role with his ability to bust out in transition and make reads out of pick-and-rolls, as he's a much better athlete than he gets credit for. According to P3 sports science data from last year, Barrett tested very well relative to NBA athletes in acceleration and posted elite deceleration metrics, on par with James Harden.

He's a freight train once he gets downhill. He brings elite body control, and he's as aggressive as they come seeking out contact in the paint. He's going to continue to improve his pull-up jumper as his career moves along due to his outstanding work ethic, as he has already made huge strides in that area over the past few years. Combine that with his court vision, scoring instincts, competitiveness and the fact that he still hasn't turned 19 years old, and you have everything you look for in a modern NBA prospect.

Mike, like you pointed out, this Duke team was poorly constructed, which made it much easier for opposing defenses to pack the paint and force Barrett to navigate tight spaces while not possessing elite shooting ability himself. He's going to look much better with the ball in his hands surrounded by NBA shooters, especially as his feel for how to play to his strengths evolves into his 20s.

I'm not overly high on Barrett, but I think he is head and shoulders above Morant.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#97 » by Oscirus » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:48 pm

I get it for Memphis. I think ja jjj combo and Im definitely getting wood if im them.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,285

Post#98 » by RHODEY » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:54 pm

GONYK wrote:
F N 11 wrote:

No guarantees with anyone...even Zion.. but if basketball wiz Jerry West is on board with JA, so am I.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Post#99 » by j4remi » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:06 pm

GONYK wrote:I'm not overly high on Barrett, but I think he is head and shoulders above Morant.

My sentiments exactly. I'm not mad at the pick but not as high on him as most.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,185

Post#100 » by DOT » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:12 pm

j4remi wrote:
GONYK wrote:I'm not overly high on Barrett, but I think he is head and shoulders above Morant.

My sentiments exactly. I'm not mad at the pick but not as high on him as most.
Just nobody outside of Zion feels like a top 3 pick

I don't think Barrett goes top 3 any other year except maybe 2016, he's probably being picked 4th or 5th most years

And Ja struggles to crack top 5 virtually any other year, probably a 7th or 8th pick usually. But cause he played in a weak conference and showed out, and the only other highly ranked Pg missed basically the entire year, his stock is up at 2nd or 3rd overall

This class just does not look good after Zion, feels like everyone is pretty much equal levels of meh until like 8

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe

Return to New York Knicks