ImageImageImageImageImage

Around The NBA - The Finals Countdown

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Prediction:

Raps In 4
16%
Raptors in 6
52%
Raptors in 7
12%
Warriors in 7
20%

Total votes: 25

dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,348

Re: Around The NBA - The Finals Countdown 

Post#681 » by dakomish23 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:16 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote: Toronto has always been in games regardless of who played. Not saying they aren't outsiders but this shouldn't be the narrative.

I felt like they would have been in the game even if Klay had not gone down. To me it's not an automatic game 7 even if Klay doesn't go down. Toronto was battling in that game.

Which part? Klay or KD?

Fair enough. Klay missed game 3 too so I was throwing that into the mix as well.

He just mean so much to them on both sides that I think it’s a push if he plays. He was unbelievable this series.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,810

Post#682 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:21 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:I felt like they would have been in the game even if Klay had not gone down. To me it's not an automatic game 7 even if Klay doesn't go down. Toronto was battling in that game.

Which part? Klay or KD?

Fair enough. Klay missed game 3 too so I was throwing that into the mix as well.

He just mean so much to them on both sides that I think it’s a push if he plays. He was unbelievable this series.

Strangely I don't see my last post anymore but I think you've read it.

Totally agree on Thompson though and you may be right. Keep in mind that they almost pulled it out down the stretch without him, he sure wouldn't have hurt their chances. Anyway, he's an incredible baller.
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#683 » by DowNY » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:22 pm

EricAnderson wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:
Name another “all time great player” without a final mvp

Charles Barkley
David Robinson
John Stockton
Karl Malone
Gary Payton
Patrick Ewing

I mean, I don't put Curry in the GOAT talks for various reasons, but the guy is for sure an all time great, first ballot hall of famer

If those players had the talent around them Curry did they’d have numerous titles.

And it’s not just those players he’s compared to. You have people saying he’s as good as Lebron. That maybe the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.

All I see are assumptions.
Curry is the greatest shooter in NBA history & has enough slick handles to drive for layups and floaters because of the respect his shooting earned.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Post#684 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:48 am

AggO wrote:Van Vleet will be criminally underrated for his performance.

When they needed buckets, he got them those threes in every single game.

he got a finals MVP vote
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
RiseOfTheEmpire
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,706

Post#685 » by RiseOfTheEmpire » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:13 am

spree2kawhi wrote:Now despite all the cool things that happened these playoffs, what's pathetic is that now the takeaway from this year is:

Curry can't carry a team on his own. Now, what did he do in the conference finals you morons? And what about the 47 point game? What is wrong with people?

One quarter where he doesn't do something nobody could and he is trashed here

He's a Kyle Korver with handles man, that's all he is but people never saw a player like that play in the NBA so they've gone crazy. I did the **** he does in the park....dribble dribble chuck a 2 2 is 50% more than 1 and in a game to 21 it's impossible to lose if you have a pure J whoopty doo he can shoot....I can't even wag my tongue like Michael **** Jordan.

Whenever John missed a shot I wondered why the hell can't the players in the NBA shoot, and then I started watching the Olympics and saw the foreigners stroke it I wondered again...how the **** did John, professional NBA basketball player, go 2 for 18??

When Curry came along with the ability to handle it while stroking it, I just thought...oh, a guy who can handle it but not thinking about dunking all the time, so I see why people are amazed. The guy didn't have the athletic ability to fall back on like most ball players, so he became the best at what you're supposed to do....shoot a basketball. This is more of a black eye to the guys before him than anything else in my opinion...look at the kids now, they can all stroke it. About **** time....real basketball players, not grocery baggers who can jump.

But still, he has no impact in the game other than on offense, it's why when he's off he sucks. You should know something about dudes like him....

Even Carmelo could do more than Curry, he just didn't have his shot.

People legit compared this no vertical having short light skinned dude to Michael Jordan a couple of years ago and he got the first ever unanimous MVP.

Now let me ask you....what the **** is wrong with people?
"I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed."
Governor Dudley
Starter
And1: 624

Post#686 » by Governor Dudley » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:25 am

Wow.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
spree2kawhi
General Manager

Post#687 » by spree2kawhi » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:18 pm

RiseOfTheEmpire wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:Now despite all the cool things that happened these playoffs, what's pathetic is that now the takeaway from this year is:

Curry can't carry a team on his own. Now, what did he do in the conference finals you morons? And what about the 47 point game? What is wrong with people?

He's a Kyle Korver with handles man, that's all he is but people never saw a player like that play in the NBA so they've gone crazy. I did the **** he does in the park....dribble dribble chuck a 2 2 is 50% more than 1 and in a game to 21 it's impossible to lose if you have a pure J whoopty doo he can shoot....I can't even wag my tongue like Michael **** Jordan.

Whenever John missed a shot I wondered why the hell can't the players in the NBA shoot, and then I started watching the Olympics and saw the foreigners stroke it I wondered again...how the **** did John, professional NBA basketball player, go 2 for 18??

When Curry came along with the ability to handle it while stroking it, I just thought...oh, a guy who can handle it but not thinking about dunking all the time, so I see why people are amazed. The guy didn't have the athletic ability to fall back on like most ball players, so he became the best at what you're supposed to do....shoot a basketball. This is more of a black eye to the guys before him than anything else in my opinion...look at the kids now, they can all stroke it. About **** time....real basketball players, not grocery baggers who can jump.

But still, he has no impact in the game other than on offense, it's why when he's off he sucks. You should know something about dudes like him....

People legit compared this no vertical having short light skinned dude to Michael Jordan a couple of years ago and he got the first ever unanimous MVP.

Oh boy :roll: please don't quote me again, I've had enough of that nonsense.
spree2kawhi
General Manager

Post#688 » by spree2kawhi » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:34 pm

RiseOfTheEmpire wrote:

Now seriously, I have to come back to that **** again, because when I saw this I almost puked. How embarrassing is this post?

Dude, I'm sure in your park everybody was very happy about your very own Steph Curry impersonation :noway: I'm also glad that you now know exactly how it is to play like him and could experience his deficiencies first hand. Too bad Damian Lillard wasn't there. I guess he was scared. Your judgment is from now on all we need and I truly value your insight and your knowledgeable, deep analysis and basketball mind. You really seem to understand the games nuances. You made my day man.
spree2kawhi
General Manager

Post#689 » by spree2kawhi » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:46 pm

Lakers could get CP3 for free now :lol:

If the trade goes down July 6th, they might have no choice because they won't get Kemba or Kawhi for 24 mil. Houston would love to shed that contract, they could absorb it.
spree2kawhi
General Manager

Post#690 » by spree2kawhi » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:01 pm

Seeing Melo hitting threes in the other tread, I'm convinced we're seeing him and CP on the Lakers this year. Houston will straight dump him on LA, Carmelo will be a late signing in the summer.

AD, LeBron, Melo, JR, CP3 lol

I'll need Kawhi to win it again...
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,945

Post#691 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:16 am

RiseOfTheEmpire wrote:

lol...Melo can do more than Curry....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to New York Knicks