ImageImageImageImageImage

Around The NBA - The Finals Countdown

Moderators: mrpoetryNmotion, K-DOT, Deeeez Knicks, Jeff Van Gully, j4remi, mpharris36, NoLayupRule, King of Canada, Thugger HBC, GONYK, Capn'O

Prediction:

Raps In 4
4
16%
Raptors in 6
13
52%
Raptors in 7
3
12%
Warriors in 7
5
20%
 
Total votes: 25

spree2kawhi
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,878
And1: 664
Joined: Mar 01, 2005

Re: Around The NBA - The Finals Countdown 

Post#661 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:46 am

Now despite all the cool things that happened these playoffs, what's pathetic is that now the takeaway from this year is:

Curry can't carry a team on his own. Now, what did he do in the conference finals you morons? And what about the 47 point game? What is wrong with people?

One quarter where he doesn't do something nobody could and he is trashed here
spree2kawhi
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,878
And1: 664
Joined: Mar 01, 2005

Re: Around The NBA - The Finals Countdown 

Post#662 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:53 am

Stannis wrote:I wonder if LeBron thinks Kawhi is the GOAT now, since he brought Toronto their first championship by beating the Warriors.

This. People will probably argue that LeBron never had a supporting cast.
EricAnderson
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,828
And1: 1,288
Joined: May 28, 2008

Re: Around The NBA - The Finals Countdown 

Post#663 » by EricAnderson » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:14 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:Now despite all the cool things that happened these playoffs, what's pathetic is that now the takeaway from this year is:

Curry can't carry a team on his own. Now, what did he do in the conference finals you morons? And what about the 47 point game? What is wrong with people?

One quarter where he doesn't do something nobody could and he is trashed here


Name another “all time great player” without a final mvp

Curry a great shooter/scorer nothing more

He needs a perfect situation like GS being surrounded by two of the best shooters ever and two great defensive players to hide how bad he is on D.

The only time he won a title as arguably the best player on his team is when Kyrie and Love were out and Lebrons sidekick became Delladova and somehow that series went 6.
spree2kawhi
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,878
And1: 664
Joined: Mar 01, 2005

Re: Around The NBA - The Finals Countdown 

Post#664 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:36 pm

EricAnderson wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:Now despite all the cool things that happened these playoffs, what's pathetic is that now the takeaway from this year is:

Curry can't carry a team on his own. Now, what did he do in the conference finals you morons? And what about the 47 point game? What is wrong with people?

One quarter where he doesn't do something nobody could and he is trashed here


Name another “all time great player” without a final mvp

Curry a great shooter/scorer nothing more

He needs a perfect situation like GS being surrounded by two of the best shooters ever and two great defensive players to hide how bad he is on D.

The only time he won a title as arguably the best player on his team is when Kyrie and Love were out and Lebrons sidekick became Delladova and somehow that series went 6.

I don't want to infuriate you, so I'll simply say you're very wrong and superficial in how you look back on those dominant years and thus act like a hypocritical fanboy that doesn't understand basketball one bit.
User avatar
K-DOT
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 10,426
And1: 12,884
Joined: Nov 25, 2016
         

Re: Around The NBA - The Finals Countdown 

Post#665 » by K-DOT » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:44 pm

EricAnderson wrote:
Name another “all time great player” without a final mvp

Charles Barkley
David Robinson
John Stockton
Karl Malone
Gary Payton
Patrick Ewing


I mean, I don't put Curry in the GOAT talks for various reasons, but the guy is for sure an all time great, first ballot hall of famer
BAF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Jalen Lecque
Cam Johnson/Malik Monk
Keita Bates-Diop
Darius Bazley/Juan Hernangomez
Goga Bitadze/Dwight Howard

Reserves: Pat McCaw, Isaac Bonga, Melvin Frazier, Gorgui Dieng
IR: Josh Jackson's contract (rip)
EricAnderson
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,828
And1: 1,288
Joined: May 28, 2008

Re: Around The NBA - The Finals Countdown 

Post#666 » by EricAnderson » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:49 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:Now despite all the cool things that happened these playoffs, what's pathetic is that now the takeaway from this year is:

Curry can't carry a team on his own. Now, what did he do in the conference finals you morons? And what about the 47 point game? What is wrong with people?

One quarter where he doesn't do something nobody could and he is trashed here


Name another “all time great player” without a final mvp

Curry a great shooter/scorer nothing more

He needs a perfect situation like GS being surrounded by two of the best shooters ever and two great defensive players to hide how bad he is on D.

The only time he won a title as arguably the best player on his team is when Kyrie and Love were out and Lebrons sidekick became Delladova and somehow that series went 6.

I don't want to infuriate you, so I'll simply say you're very wrong and superficial in how you look back on those dominant years and thus act like a hypocritical fanboy that doesn't understand basketball one bit.


Fanboy? :lol: I have no rooting interest other then the Knicks. I go by what I see

Judging by your comments about Lebron you are the fanboy with an agenda.
EricAnderson
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,828
And1: 1,288
Joined: May 28, 2008

Re: Around The NBA - The Finals Countdown 

Post#667 » by EricAnderson » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:50 pm

K-DOT wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:
Name another “all time great player” without a final mvp

Charles Barkley
David Robinson
John Stockton
Karl Malone
Gary Payton
Patrick Ewing


I mean, I don't put Curry in the GOAT talks for various reasons, but the guy is for sure an all time great, first ballot hall of famer


If those players had the talent around them Curry did they’d have numerous titles.

And it’s not just those players he’s compared to. You have people saying he’s as good as Lebron. That maybe the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.
User avatar
K-DOT
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 10,426
And1: 12,884
Joined: Nov 25, 2016
         

Re: Around The NBA - The Finals Countdown 

Post#668 » by K-DOT » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:54 pm

EricAnderson wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:
Name another “all time great player” without a final mvp

Charles Barkley
David Robinson
John Stockton
Karl Malone
Gary Payton
Patrick Ewing


I mean, I don't put Curry in the GOAT talks for various reasons, but the guy is for sure an all time great, first ballot hall of famer


If most of those players had the talent around then Curry did they’d have numerous titles.

And it’s not just those players he’s compared to. You have people saying he’s as good as Lebron. That maybe the dumbest thing I’ve rver heard.

I mean, with the exception of Durant, I don't think Curry's supporting cast has been particularly good for championship teams

He has a 2nd all star and a defensive all star and some solid role players, it's certainly a good supporting cast, but I don't think it's one of the better ones.

He's not on LeBron's level, but that doesn't mean he isn't an all time great
BAF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Jalen Lecque
Cam Johnson/Malik Monk
Keita Bates-Diop
Darius Bazley/Juan Hernangomez
Goga Bitadze/Dwight Howard

Reserves: Pat McCaw, Isaac Bonga, Melvin Frazier, Gorgui Dieng
IR: Josh Jackson's contract (rip)
User avatar
robillionaire
General Manager
Posts: 8,053
And1: 7,898
Joined: Jul 12, 2015
Location: Manhattan
         

Re: Around The NBA - The Finals Countdown 

Post#669 » by robillionaire » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:57 pm

K-DOT wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:
Name another “all time great player” without a final mvp

Charles Barkley
David Robinson
John Stockton
Karl Malone
Gary Payton
Patrick Ewing


I mean, I don't put Curry in the GOAT talks for various reasons, but the guy is for sure an all time great, first ballot hall of famer


Kevin Garnett
EricAnderson
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,828
And1: 1,288
Joined: May 28, 2008

Re: Around The NBA - The Finals Countdown 

Post#670 » by EricAnderson » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:58 pm

K-DOT wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:
K-DOT wrote:Charles Barkley
David Robinson
John Stockton
Karl Malone
Gary Payton
Patrick Ewing


I mean, I don't put Curry in the GOAT talks for various reasons, but the guy is for sure an all time great, first ballot hall of famer


If most of those players had the talent around then Curry did they’d have numerous titles.

And it’s not just those players he’s compared to. You have people saying he’s as good as Lebron. That maybe the dumbest thing I’ve rver heard.

I mean, with the exception of Durant, I don't think Curry's supporting cast has been particularly good for championship teams

He has a 2nd all star and a defensive all star and some solid role players, it's certainly a good supporting cast, but I don't think it's one of the better ones.

He's not on LeBron's level, but that doesn't mean he isn't an all time great


He had two of the best defensive players and versatile players of their generation in Iggy and Draymond and Klay is one of the greatest shooters ever and underrated all around.

Klays a better all around player then Steph

If Steph isn’t scoring and his shot is off he does nothing else to affect the game.

His defense at times is a joke. There’s a clip of him in game 6 asking for someone else to used Van Vleet because he was roasting Curry
User avatar
robillionaire
General Manager
Posts: 8,053
And1: 7,898
Joined: Jul 12, 2015
Location: Manhattan
         

Re: Around The NBA - The Finals Countdown 

Post#671 » by robillionaire » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:59 pm

I would say Steph is just as much as an all time great as Allen Iverson is, take that however you want
EricAnderson
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,828
And1: 1,288
Joined: May 28, 2008

Re: Around The NBA - The Finals Countdown 

Post#672 » by EricAnderson » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:06 pm

robillionaire wrote:I would say Steph is just as much as an all time great as Allen Iverson is, take that however you want


I would agree with that. Near 50ish all time
spree2kawhi
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,878
And1: 664
Joined: Mar 01, 2005

Re: Around The NBA - The Finals Countdown 

Post#673 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:07 pm

EricAnderson wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:
Name another “all time great player” without a final mvp

Curry a great shooter/scorer nothing more

He needs a perfect situation like GS being surrounded by two of the best shooters ever and two great defensive players to hide how bad he is on D.

The only time he won a title as arguably the best player on his team is when Kyrie and Love were out and Lebrons sidekick became Delladova and somehow that series went 6.

I don't want to infuriate you, so I'll simply say you're very wrong and superficial in how you look back on those dominant years and thus act like a hypocritical fanboy that doesn't understand basketball one bit.


Fanboy? :lol: I have no rooting interest other then the Knicks. I go by what I see

Judging by your comments about Lebron you are the fanboy with an agenda.

No, no, I'm not. I'm ready to respect most NBA players, their abilities and also their legacies. LeBron's ability too. He's just a terrible character. Personally, I just hate his demeanor and I'm simply not ready to overrate him and his three championships after he promised 8 and called himself GOAT. He has major flaws (which are commonly ignored), had great teammates when successful (which is generally downplayed) and was still beaten again and again by various teams in the Finals or before. People act like his championships count double and I simply disagree. That's all. He's definitely good.

Taking away from Curry is ridiculous though and deep inside you know it. They simply swept Portland when dudes like you were already counting them out. You're making the same mistake again, but whatever.
spree2kawhi
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,878
And1: 664
Joined: Mar 01, 2005

Re: Around The NBA - The Finals Countdown 

Post#674 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:11 pm

EricAnderson wrote:
robillionaire wrote:I would say Steph is just as much as an all time great as Allen Iverson is, take that however you want


I would agree with that. Near 50ish all time

Lol this is crazy. I'm out of this conversation. You're embarrassing yourself.
EricAnderson
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,828
And1: 1,288
Joined: May 28, 2008

Re: Around The NBA - The Finals Countdown 

Post#675 » by EricAnderson » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:17 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:I don't want to infuriate you, so I'll simply say you're very wrong and superficial in how you look back on those dominant years and thus act like a hypocritical fanboy that doesn't understand basketball one bit.


Fanboy? :lol: I have no rooting interest other then the Knicks. I go by what I see

Judging by your comments about Lebron you are the fanboy with an agenda.

No, no, I'm not. I'm ready to respect most NBA players, their abilities and also their legacies. LeBron's ability too. He's just a terrible character. Personally, I just hate his demeanor and I'm simply not ready to overrate him and his three championships after he promised 8 and called himself GOAT. He has major flaws (which are commonly ignored), had great teammates when successful (which is generally downplayed) and was still beaten again and again by various teams in the Finals or before. People act like his championships count double and I simply disagree. That's all. He's definitely good.

Taking away from Curry is ridiculous though and deep inside you know it. They simply swept Portland when dudes like you were already counting them out. You're making the same mistake again, but whatever.


Lebrons “good” but you have no agenda? :lol:

You say people downplay the talent around Lebron what about the talent around Curry? He’s played on loaded teams.

Please tell me you don’t think Curry’s as good as Lebron
spree2kawhi
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,878
And1: 664
Joined: Mar 01, 2005

Re: Around The NBA - The Finals Countdown 

Post#676 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:36 pm

EricAnderson wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:
Fanboy? :lol: I have no rooting interest other then the Knicks. I go by what I see

Judging by your comments about Lebron you are the fanboy with an agenda.

No, no, I'm not. I'm ready to respect most NBA players, their abilities and also their legacies. LeBron's ability too. He's just a terrible character. Personally, I just hate his demeanor and I'm simply not ready to overrate him and his three championships after he promised 8 and called himself GOAT. He has major flaws (which are commonly ignored), had great teammates when successful (which is generally downplayed) and was still beaten again and again by various teams in the Finals or before. People act like his championships count double and I simply disagree. That's all. He's definitely good.

Taking away from Curry is ridiculous though and deep inside you know it. They simply swept Portland when dudes like you were already counting them out. You're making the same mistake again, but whatever.


Lebrons “good” but you have no agenda? :lol:

You say people downplay the talent around Lebron what about the talent around Curry? He’s played on loaded teams.

Please tell me you don’t think Curry’s as good as Lebron

Before the Finals started, I was convinced GSW would win in 6 games or less. Consequently he'd have surpassed LeBron on my list after what he did to Lillard and for owning four, not three rings. Well he didn't.
So I'll take it for what it is. Both have three, both are great players. Nothing more. After how the Finals played out, there wasn't more that the Warriors/Curry could have possibly done, so I take it for what it is. I was rooting for Kawhi anyway , but I'll keep it in perspective.

But unlike you, I don't fault Curry, who played incredible playoffs, for something that wasn't possible. I repeat, unlike you, I'm trying not to get hyped up too much and I think you'll eat your words soon.

That said, concerning LeBron, who is not only good but even great if that makes you very happy, how far could he have taken a lineup of Livingston, Iguodala, Green and Cook in that fourth quarter, considering that Kawhi has always had his number and he can barely shoot a three to save his life :lol:

Now this is all you'll hear from me about this. LeBron's great, not perfect and an all time great moron - but dude, he wasn't even in the playoffs. Curry was in the Finals in the West this year, without KD, basically without Cousins and in the end without Klay and he almost outlasted the basketball gods. That last shot could have very well gone in. He was great. You seem crazy for ignoring that. It truly is embarrassing and you should consider simmering down.
User avatar
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 33,824
And1: 19,576
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Around The NBA - The Finals Countdown 

Post#677 » by dakomish23 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:43 pm

K-DOT wrote:People don't want Klay?

I mean, I just make fun of when people say he's a superstar, or think he's good enough by himself to lead a good team

There shouldn't be a single team in the league that doesn't want him


Not you K. You said you’d take him any time
Read on Twitter
User avatar
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 33,824
And1: 19,576
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Around The NBA - The Finals Countdown 

Post#678 » by dakomish23 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:45 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:
the reg season means nothing for teams like GS :lol:

I hate the Warriors I was rooting hard for Toronto but let’s be honest they ain’t beating a healthy GS team


With Klay for 5 games they push it to 7.

Then it’s a toss up.

Idk how they look against TOR if GSW has KD b/c everyone drops down a notch.

Toronto has always been in games regardless of who played. Not saying they aren't outsiders but this shouldn't be the narrative.


Which part? Klay or KD?




Read on Twitter
EricAnderson
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,828
And1: 1,288
Joined: May 28, 2008

Re: Around The NBA - The Finals Countdown 

Post#679 » by EricAnderson » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:50 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:No, no, I'm not. I'm ready to respect most NBA players, their abilities and also their legacies. LeBron's ability too. He's just a terrible character. Personally, I just hate his demeanor and I'm simply not ready to overrate him and his three championships after he promised 8 and called himself GOAT. He has major flaws (which are commonly ignored), had great teammates when successful (which is generally downplayed) and was still beaten again and again by various teams in the Finals or before. People act like his championships count double and I simply disagree. That's all. He's definitely good.

Taking away from Curry is ridiculous though and deep inside you know it. They simply swept Portland when dudes like you were already counting them out. You're making the same mistake again, but whatever.


Lebrons “good” but you have no agenda? :lol:

You say people downplay the talent around Lebron what about the talent around Curry? He’s played on loaded teams.

Please tell me you don’t think Curry’s as good as Lebron

Before the Finals started, I was convinced GSW would win in 6 games or less. Consequently he'd have surpassed LeBron on my list .
.

.



.


I pray to Baby Jesus that you’re trolling. If you honestly believe Curry all time is better or equal to the player Lebron is I can’t even comprehend what you’re watching

I’m not a Lebron fan but the guy does everything on the court. Shooting is the only thing Curry does better then him. Lebron destroys him in every other category.

It’s clear that your hate for the way Lebron has handled certain things throughout his career has clouded your judgement.
spree2kawhi
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,878
And1: 664
Joined: Mar 01, 2005

Re: Around The NBA - The Finals Countdown 

Post#680 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:12 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
With Klay for 5 games they push it to 7.

Then it’s a toss up.

Idk how they look against TOR if GSW has KD b/c everyone drops down a notch.

Toronto has always been in games regardless of who played. Not saying they aren't outsiders but this shouldn't be the narrative.

I felt like they would have been in the game even if Klay had not gone down. To me it's not an automatic game 7 even if Klay doesn't go down. Toronto was battling in that game.

Which part? Klay or KD?

Return to New York Knicks