ImageImageImageImageImage

Offseason Thread - Now it's everyone's offseason

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

What should we do?

**** 2019. Keep rebuilding.
31%
Sign KD and Punt
14%
Try for KD AND Kawhi first and rebuild if not
41%
Sign Young High Level Starters
10%
Sign KD and Additional Players
5%

Total votes: 153

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,280

Re: Offseason Thread - Now it's everyone's offseason 

Post#1101 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:54 am

Hate all the youth. You know you want to.

MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#1102 » by MaseInYourFace » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:55 am

HEZI wrote:
god shammgod wrote:wonder if kawhi just stays now. he aint gonna be on the best team in that city even. probably the smart move, the east is still likely his. maybe he'll sign a short deal, like 2 years, and wait for lebron to get old.

Meh I doubt it's about that with him. It's gonna come down to whether or not he can see himself living in Toronto for the next 4-5 years. It's not like he has anything left to prove, he got some rings now he can get paid and move to where he wants to move to. Jerry West can make the Clips competitive, they got a ton of assets to pull something off. Dubs won't be shyt next year, Houston is considering blowing it up, Portland is solid but can't seem to get over the hump. Denver is climbing but they are still missing a piece imo.

Good points.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#1103 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:55 am

#freelonzo
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#1104 » by HEZI » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:55 am

god shammgod wrote:
HEZI wrote:
god shammgod wrote:wonder if kawhi just stays now. he aint gonna be on the best team in that city even. probably the smart move, the east is still likely his. maybe he'll sign a short deal, like 2 years, and wait for lebron to get old.

Meh I doubt it's about that with him. It's gonna come down to whether or not he can see himself living in Toronto for the next 4-5 years. It's not like he has anything left to prove, he got some rings now he can get paid and move to where he wants to move to. Jerry West can make the Clips competitive, they got a ton of assets to pull something off. Dubs won't be shyt next year, Houston is considering blowing it up, Portland is solid but can't seem to get over the hump. Denver is climbing but they are still missing a piece imo.

that's why i said 2 years though. he can stay there for now and in 2 years move out there and get the 5 year deal that goes well into his 30s.

That's risky though. One injury and he aint getting that deal in 2 years. Wasn't he or uncle Dennis complaining about him being underpaid or something? I can def see him taking a long term deal this summer
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,374

Post#1105 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:55 am

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:DSJ > Lonzo

They're different. They'd actually complement each other really well. Lonzo has always thrived as a quick decision ball mover with another lead guard with him. LA was foolish (pre LeBron) to let Russell go. Him and Lonzo would have made a ton of sense together. They got stuck thinking both played the same position when really Lonzo is a ball handling wing in his best form.

Ya I like the pairing too. I actually think Lonzo is a solid player and is a bit underrated. If it came down to one of them tho I would take Smiff tho. But then again I’m biased :D
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,913

Post#1106 » by god shammgod » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:56 am

BBALLER4FR wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:He ain't lying though. I hate him but there's truth behind the dagger.

Nah he hates the Knicks and goes out of his way to stick it to Knicks fans, who he believes should abandon the ship like he did (he was a Knicks fans).

When you say the Knicks traded away KP - whom he believes is a future MVP #cuckoo - for capspace and fail to mention DSJ and the two first round draft picks the Knicks got from Dallas, you're just trying to make headlines because it's intellectually dishonest.

I get it. I loath him. Then I take a step back and think about how much Knicks hope and smole was being blown and yet the garbage Lakers with 1 player that no one wanted to play with, a front office in shambles, an All Time great who abandoned them, a player with blood clots another who can't shoot to save him life with a stupid and mouthy dad, needing the assistance of an organization with every incentive not to cave or even deal in conference, managed to get a deal done while keeping Kuzma and holding on to $30mil. Max was right. We were duped...again.

we wern't duped about anything that happened so far. we were promised a guy who got seriously hurt. he's probably still coming. whether that's good or not, we'll find out.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#1107 » by dakomish23 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:56 am

thebuzzardman wrote:This fanbase isn't made for a rebuild.

Quite a few fans don't know how it works or can take the process. At all.

You hate everybody on this team :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1108 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:56 am

Thugger HBC wrote:#freelonzo

Freetothesuns
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1109 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:57 am

dakomish23 wrote:

You hate everybody on this forum :lol:

Fixed
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1110 » by dakomish23 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:58 am

Shout out to Shams who for once was right about something.

Acknowledging it b/c there’s a good chance I won’t live long enough to see it happen again.

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1111 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:58 am

dakomish23 wrote:

You hate everybody on this team :lol:

I actually like the young players. They aren't all that yet, but 3/4's of them will pan out to decent/good players.
Cookies4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,411

Post#1112 » by Cookies4Life » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:58 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:I noticed the first tiny rumblings of some fans turning on Mitch. Beautiful. Keep it coming.

Turn on EVERY young player. You know you want to.

Nobodies turning on anyone were simply stating these guys have proven nothing yet and I see nothing close to a franchise changing player currently on our team.

And nobody is saying the players are great either.
But when you rebuild, especially in the current NBA of drafting 19 and 18 year olds, a team needs a few years for the youth to develop. And all of them won't, but the team has to build the asset base. Which the Knicks are doing.

Just because they aren't great, doesn't mean they suck, but each young guy on here has a contingent of much more than one fan, who thinks that young player sucks.

And Mitch is legit. Sorry if he doesn't take enough jumpers or something for you.

I've been noticing a couple of posters mentioning Robinson is overrated by our fanbase. They must not have watched his evolution last season.

Forget the freakish athleticism or the fact he's already an elite rim protector with the capabilities of covering EVERY position on the court. No center in the league plays with his motor or energy level, his game improved considerably as the season went on (especially learning how to avoid foul trouble.) His FT shooting improved and he became a double-double machine the moment he was inserted into the starting lineup after the AS break. Double-double while playing alongside Mudiay who was arguably the worst starting PG at orchestrating the offense in the NBA last season.

A kid like him with his lack of college experience coming into the league and doing what he did is special. He was 2nd in the entire league in blocks and averaged the most blocks in the NBA per 36 minutes. All without scratching the surface of his talent.

He's definitely an outlier to the rule that Knick fans overrate thei young guys. He's special.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#1113 » by newyorker4ever » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:58 am

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:I just cant believe the amount of people here who nut hug Frank who absolutely hate Lonzo. Its mind boggling to me. Lonzo is everything you guys pray Frank actually becomes lol

Lonzo does everything you want from a PG either good or great besides his shooting. His court vision is top notch and his passing is top notch and his defense is really good but the kid just can't shoot. If he could at least hit his free throws at a good percentage then i could get by with that for sure. I still think he can be the starting PG on a winning team. He's not what we want Frank to be because we want Frank to be able to shoot.

He shot 32% last year from 3. Not saying that's great or even good but it's not horrible. Is it that unrealistic to believe he can get up to 35% in a few years? With everything else he brings to the table as a player if he shoots just 35% from 3 hes going to be an extremely useful player especially in the playoffs because hes in the 99th percentile of the NBA as far as decision making goes. He just processes the floor so much faster than a Frank does for comparison. With Frank you NEED him to shoot with Lonzo it's a bonus to everything else. That's the difference for me.

If my choice is between Lonzo, Frank or DSJ for my starting PG it's easily gonna be Lonzo and i said he needs to work on his free throw shooting cause i can deal with 32% from 3 point land with everything great you get from Lonzo. I just needs that free throw shooting to be at least in the low 70% range.
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#1114 » by N Y K » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:58 am

Also, shout out to the Celtics stockpiling picks for AD for years, just to have this happen.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,374

Post#1115 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:58 am

Buttah304 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:DSJ > Lonzo

LMAO Melo you should be a politician hahah.

The past 2 weeks whenever a PG is brought up you dig deep in the DSJ archives to post a player comparison video or a GIF.

Is this guy your favorite player in the league? I figured you would tire out already constantly posting about him.

I’m just doing God’s work. Don’t mind me :cheesygrin:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1116 » by dakomish23 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:59 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

You hate everybody on this forum :lol:

Fixed

Welcome to the party :party: :beer:

A lifetime supply of Jameson and Johnny Walker with Guinness and Heineken lights on tap in the clubhouse

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#1117 » by god shammgod » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:59 am

HEZI wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
HEZI wrote:

that's why i said 2 years though. he can stay there for now and in 2 years move out there and get the 5 year deal that goes well into his 30s.

That's risky though. One injury and he aint getting that deal in 2 years. Wasn't he or uncle Dennis complaining about him being underpaid or something? I can def see him taking a long term deal this summer

it is but toronto is willing to let him miss a damn near 3rd of the season every year it seems. if anything it'll help his longevity. he might not care about titles and just want to be in california but he seems like he plays to win. that's what he keeps saying. he aint gonna win his state even.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#1118 » by god shammgod » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:00 am

dakomish23 wrote:

Shout out to Shams who for once was right about something.

Acknowledging it b/c there’s a good chance I won’t live long enough to see it happen again.

well damn

how dare you :lol:
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1119 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:01 am

Cookies4Life wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:
Nobodies turning on anyone were simply stating these guys have proven nothing yet and I see nothing close to a franchise changing player currently on our team.

And nobody is saying the players are great either.
But when you rebuild, especially in the current NBA of drafting 19 and 18 year olds, a team needs a few years for the youth to develop. And all of them won't, but the team has to build the asset base. Which the Knicks are doing.

Just because they aren't great, doesn't mean they suck, but each young guy on here has a contingent of much more than one fan, who thinks that young player sucks.

And Mitch is legit. Sorry if he doesn't take enough jumpers or something for you.

I've been noticing a couple of posters mentioning Robinson is overrated by our fanbase. They must not have watched his evolution last season.

Forget the freakish athleticism or the fact he's already an elite rim protector with the capabilities of covering EVERY position on the court. No center in the league plays with his motor or energy level, his game improved considerably as the season went on (especially learning how to avoid foul trouble.) His FT shooting improved and he became a double-double machine the moment he was inserted into the starting lineup after the AS break. Double-double while playing alongside Mudiay who was arguably the worst starting PG at orchestrating the offense in the NBA last season.

A kid like him with his lack of college experience coming into the league and doing what he did is special. He was 2nd in the entire league in blocks and averaged the most blocks in the NBA per 36 minutes. All without scratching the surface of his talent.

He's definitely an outlier to the rule that Knick fans overrate their own young guys. He's special.

He's got touch and...what's the proper term? Handwork? Creativity? Around the basket. He doesn't show any post moves in game yet, but the way he alters and adjust shots to the defense indicates he's not some jumping jack who dunks. There's some real bball skills, indicative of a gym rat, that to me, just show, even if it's simply on adjusting his shots around the hoop.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,256

Post#1120 » by Oscirus » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:01 am

I think Griffin put out news of that offer to get the lakers to up their offer but doubt the Knicks really did that. And unless the Hawks are willing to pay to jump the pels I doubt anybodys taking that 4 pick either
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid

Return to New York Knicks