ImageImageImageImageImage

Offseason Thread - Now it's everyone's offseason

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

What should we do?

**** 2019. Keep rebuilding.
31%
Sign KD and Punt
14%
Try for KD AND Kawhi first and rebuild if not
41%
Sign Young High Level Starters
10%
Sign KD and Additional Players
5%

Total votes: 153

Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,339

Re: Offseason Thread - Now it's everyone's offseason 

Post#1921 » by Hes_On_Fire » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:46 am

KnicksGod wrote:Do we even know the Plan A included AD? Do we know KD is going back to GSW or that Kyrie isn’t coming? Ppl throwing in the towel lol.

BFS.

At this point it will be better for the future of the franchise for KD and Kyrie not to come.
New York Knicks franchise W-L record as of 9/2/22 since James L Dolan assumed full ownership (2001):

673-1,007
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#1922 » by newyorker4ever » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:58 am

Billy Goat wrote:
snadler wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:
If they win they'll get players. This plan was dependent on Zion, too. The roster is just so bad right now it's hard for any max guy to justify playing here.

But that’s why they got 2 max slots so anyone could pick a teammate.. the Lakers have 2 superstars and blanks..the point was having 2, regardless of current talent

The Lakers have advantages no team in professional sports has. It's Hollywood. NY doesnt have that type of pizzaz to attract these guys. Hell the practice facility is in Purchase which is practically on another planet for pro athletes living in Manhattan

I get the point you were trying to make but to say NY doesn't have pizzaz is ridiculous. That's New York City and that City has more pizzaz than any other city in the USA. LA does absolutely have an advantage though but think it's more about the weather and they also have pizzaz.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#1923 » by newyorker4ever » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:17 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
F N 11 wrote:
This wasn’t the Knicks being unable to get a meeting with a player. This was them drawing a line in the sand on their terms and being cool walking away from it. Scott Perry and Steve Mills are already the greatest Knicks executives since last century. Couple this refusal to overpay with the intelligent aggressiveness in trading Kristaps Porzingis and I legit can’t remember the last time I was this proud of a Knick front office.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.postingandtoasting.com/platform/amp/2019/6/16/18679305/the-knicks-wont-sign-or-trade-for-a-star-this-june-you-should-feel-good-about-that

ARTICLE OF THE YEAR!!!!!

Seriously on the money and he nails everything I've believed and said many times before so A plus

Really folks, you have to

I posted this article on here about 12 hours ago. Just sayin
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#1924 » by dakomish23 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:25 am

Don’t know if this is right - cap gurus?

Read on Twitter
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1925 » by dakomish23 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:29 am

KnicksGod wrote:Do we even know the Plan A included AD? Do we know KD is going back to GSW or that Kyrie isn’t coming? Ppl throwing in the towel lol.

BFS.

Now the Knicks weren’t pursuing AD?

Denial isn’t just a river in Egypt

Also, read the whole post instead of taking a piece and throwing your positive Knicks spin on it.

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,323

Post#1926 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:45 am

newyorker4ever wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

ARTICLE OF THE YEAR!!!!!

Seriously on the money and he nails everything I've believed and said many times before so A plus

Really folks, you have to

I posted this article on here about 12 hours ago. Just sayin

The glory goes to the writer not who posts it elsewhere. Just sayin
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1927 » by dakomish23 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:49 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
This is absolutely NOTHING like 2010 and what we did to get there. Signing KD after tearing his Achilles and trading the farm for another max player would be similar though.

They didn't trade KP for cap space either. They had to trade him and got good value in doing so.

I never said they traded KP for cap space. I was comparing how they got in position to have the cap space.

Doing that trade, not getting Zion, KD rupturing his Achilles and losing out on AD before FA even starts, when all 3 were big components of the plan A, sucks. And I think it sucks more than losing out on Lebron + big name in 2010 FA.

Well...we don't know what the actual plan was. Obviously AD was not a part of any plans. IMO the plan was...clear the cap...develop youth...build from the ground up. KP threw a wrench in the plans but...Perry handled it well.

I don't see the comparison to 2010 because...they went all in and dumped assets to clear space...and failed. This year...they were able to sign 2 max players...and shyt happens. They didn't fail. The team is in much better shape going forward. I'm not really upset about any of it.

Signing KD and trading the farm would upset me tremendously though.

According to the below article which cited Shams, he was. We didn’t pay the price to get him, but he wasdef in the plans.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2840438-anthony-davis-rumors-lakers-knicks-are-desired-long-term-trade-destinations?share=other

Charania noted the Knicks and Lakers are among a group of teams that includes the Los Angeles Clippers, Brooklyn Nets and Boston Celtics that have expressed interest in the six-time All-Star.

The report pointed to the Knicks in particular as a team that is "motivated to pursue Davis sooner rather than later" because they can use the chance to play alongside him in their free-agency pitches to playmakers such as Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard and Kyrie Irving.

I never said the FO failed. That seems to be what everyone thinks any comment that isn’t positive is implying.

There are two different things.

The actual goal.

The plan B. We have a plan B. Never said we didn’t.

People keep using plan B to diminish the impact of plan A not coming to fruition.

All I’m doing is comparing the plan A’s.

The actual goal in 2017 had 3 players as opposed to 2010 and the actual goal has been severely impacted before FA even started.

How is that better that not attaining our goal in 2010?

Also, I said

Still a long way to go, so many things bounce back in our favor.

Like I said in the 2nd sentence, things can change b/c of FA. Kawhi signs here and we get someone else, then of course it’s better.

And like I’ve said in other posts, they’re at least set up to fully commit to an actual rebuild.

It’s far from the gloom and doom my original post is getting painted as

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,323

Post#1928 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:49 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:

BFS.

Kawhi is coming!!!

TMI
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,989

Post#1929 » by Richard4444 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:52 am

dakomish23 wrote:Don’t know if this is right - cap gurus?

Read on Twitter

Match my numbers

Trade july: Nobody knows if Davis will waive or not his trade kick. So cap space could vary from 23,5M to 27,5M.
LeBron (37.5M_ + AD (27M or 31M) + Kuzma (2M) + Wagner (2M) + Bonga (1,5M) +Deng (5M) + Charges (6,5) = 81,5/85,5M

If they let to do the trade in august: they could use 4pick as salary and use the 120% rule and trade less salary for AD. Ingram (8,2) + Lonzo (7,8) + Hart (2) + 4 Pick(7M) = 25M. And you would have 3 charges less (3,5M), because they would have 8 players under contract instead 5. In that scenario, AD would have to wave his trade kicker to get traded.

LeBron (37.5M), Ingram (8,2) + Lonzo (7,8) + Hart (2) + 4 Pick(7M)+ + Kuzma (2M) + Wagner (2M) + Bonga (1,5M) +Deng (5M) + Charges (3,5) = 76,5, Cap Space of 32,5M.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1930 » by dakomish23 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:53 am

Took this from the GB and thought it was interesting

Read on Twitter

Brons boy..the same dude who tweeted weeks before saying Bron is joining the Lakers, and Lakers trading for AD while keeping Kuzma...now hes saying Kawhi is signing with them lool

:dontknow:

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#1931 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:56 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:Julius Randle anyone?

Been having fun imagining him playing next to Mitch. The question would be guaranteed years. My preference is a team option for the 2nd year. If you really believe in him you can do a 3-4 yr contract.

As far a 4's, I think he is 1 of the best available.
Here is a hypothetical lineup. While Knox is one of my favorite Knicks players, im thinking solidifying the FC could be important to championship contention .

Mitch
Randle
Butler

Barrett
Dotson or better
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,341

Post#1932 » by Worst_to_First » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:01 am

dakomish23 wrote:Took this from the GB and thought it was interesting

Read on Twitter

Brons boy..the same dude who tweeted weeks before saying Bron is joining the Lakers, and Lakers trading for AD while keeping Kuzma...now hes saying Kawhi is signing with them lool

If this happens Lakers’ first game of the season should be against the Spurs and Pop, who has been trying to prevent this from happening through his alleged communication with other teams from dealing with LAL.
Guano
RealGM
And1: 40,557

Post#1933 » by Guano » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:02 am

dakomish23 wrote:Took this from the GB and thought it was interesting

Read on Twitter

Kawhi taking a paycut :lol:
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#1934 » by taj2133 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:08 am

Who ever the pelicans draft at number 4 pick has to play in vegas summer league in three weeks that draftee isn't going to do sit out for that long. The only way that number 4 pick draftee holds up that trade if that team draft european player because of there potential buyout in his team contract. So the lakers have that 23 million on there cap to spend this summer.
bearadonisdna
RealGM

Post#1935 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:17 am

Let's see how sure ppl are kawhi is leaving.
Would be weird to see a star not defend his title.
He goes from reigning champ to former champ in one day.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,036

Post#1936 » by DaGawd » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:26 am

At this point nothing surprises me about the NBA.. wouldn't be shocked if Kawhi did go to the Lakers
BaF
Washington Wizards
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#1937 » by taj2133 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:30 am

DaGawd wrote:At this point nothing surprises me about the NBA.. wouldn't be shocked if Kawhi did go to the Lakers

Kawhi is either going to the clippers or the raptors and he isn't going to take any pay cuts.
bearadonisdna
RealGM

Post#1938 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:36 am

DaGawd wrote:At this point nothing surprises me about the NBA.. wouldn't be shocked if Kawhi did go to the Lakers

Starting that lineup with rondo looks terrible.
They would need some Nick nurse coaching to make that lineup work because they would be playing 4 on 5.

Not sure how teams can feel comfortable playing inferior players at the 1 spot.
To me the 1 spot is the beginning of your backcourt, and if it's a guy like rondo your handicapping your capabilities.
Kidknick!
Head Coach
And1: 1,561

Post#1939 » by Kidknick! » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:48 am

I'm big on Signing Randle, he is young enough to fit in. With some serious skills and triple double ability. It's not even a high risk thing. Two year deal.
blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Post#1940 » by blanko » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:55 am

Oh lets buy some second rounders! I want to get porter!!

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk

Return to New York Knicks