ImageImageImageImageImage

Welcome to the Knicks Kris Wilkes (signed 2-way contract)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,861

Re: Welcome to the Knicks Kris Wilkes (signed 2-way contract) 

Post#81 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Sep 9, 2019 2:38 am

Fat Kat wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:I think Wooten could contribute, but a lot of forwards would need to get injured.

You may be surprised. Wooten is the kind of guy who could get a few minutes and make some spectacular plays that makes the coaching staff think about giving him more time.

I saw him during a two minute stretch in SL essentially own the floor on both ends with rejections and wild putbacks. He's just the kind of guy who might take even the smallest crack of opportunity and wiggle right on through it.

He’s like a smaller Mitch. Hopefully he pans out and is a valuable call up when Perry starts trading vets.

He might be. He sure looked like it.

I thought similarly that he could be ideal to back-up Mitch.

If he's consistent and rounds out his game, having both of them in the rotation would subject other teams to 48 minutes of pure terror.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,258
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Re: Welcome to the Knicks Kris Wilkes (signed 2-way contract) 

Post#82 » by BKlutch » Mon Sep 9, 2019 2:55 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
You may be surprised. Wooten is the kind of guy who could get a few minutes and make some spectacular plays that makes the coaching staff think about giving him more time.

I saw him during a two minute stretch in SL essentially own the floor on both ends with rejections and wild putbacks. He's just the kind of guy who might take even the smallest crack of opportunity and wiggle right on through it.

He’s like a smaller Mitch. Hopefully he pans out and is a valuable call up when Perry starts trading vets.

He might be. He sure looked like it.

I thought similarly that he could be ideal to back-up Mitch.

If he's consistent and rounds out his game, having both of them in the rotation would subject other teams to 48 minutes of pure terror.

Think of him as Kornet on steroids. He blocked more shots in some SL games than Mitch did. Guy has talent - we should see if he fits the team.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Return to New York Knicks