ImageImageImageImageImage

2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 1)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,387

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 1) 

Post#921 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:05 pm

Orange Mamba wrote:Cole reminds me of Deron Williams

That's the same comparison I have for him as well. I was telling 2010 about that
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 28,827

Post#922 » by HerSports85 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:12 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:I got a couple of guys ahead of Cole but won’t be mad if we got him

This as well. The only one I’m indifferent on is RJ Hampton. I’m good with Wiseman, Cole, Edwards and LaMelo. Obviously leaning more Edwards and LaMelo

Yea im with you, although I am pretty high on RJ Hampton as well. Gonna be real hard for the Knicks to mess this up. I would love for us to find a way to get another top pick so we can get 2 of these guys. Preferrably Wiseman and Edwards :D

I’d give up both Mavs picks and a pick swap next year to get another top 5.
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,387

Post#923 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:12 pm

Gotta respect that work ethic
Read on Twitter

I shared a article about him months ago... gonna post it again cause I think it's really good and shows insight of who he is
https://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2019/1/15/18139281/anthony-edwards-basketball-recruiting-nba-draft
“I could have been a professional football player,” Edwards says. “I was really good. I was the No. 1 running back in the country at 9 or 10. I stopped playing because I seen my brothers playing basketball. I thought it looked more fun.”

Holland knew who Edwards was before he ever met him because of his reputation on the football field; he also knew Edwards had a long way to go as a basketball player.

“I remember in one of the early sessions he told me, ‘Coach, if I learn how to shoot, I’m going to be the best player in the country,’” Holland remembers. “‘I’m gonna be unguardable.’ He literally said that to me in his ninth grade year.”

Holland never had Edwards’ talent during his own playing days, but he was familiar with the spotlight. He was part of the first Atlanta high school basketball game to be broadcast on ESPN when he started at point guard for Landmark Christian High School in 2004, alongside future Kentucky star Randolph Morris, against Dwight Howard’s Southwest Atlanta Christian Academy.

Holland would go on to play at Liberty, but that’s where his career stalled out. Shortly after, he started personally training some of the best high school players around Atlanta.

Holland’s training sessions included four of the area’s top players when he started working with Edwards, headlined by current Florida State sophomore guard M.J. Walker. Holland remembers thinking Edwards was a little lazy at first, but the young guard quickly learned how to adapt to the level of competition.

“The first thing about it is he was already a freak athletically,” Holland says. “God made him that.”

Holland saw he needed to build Edwards’ jump shot from scratch, so they started at the most fundamental level. Holland prioritized maintaining proper form and getting the right rotation on the ball. They started slowly by trying to get Edwards to make 70 or 80 shots right in front of the rim with the mechanics Holland required. That first year, Holland didn’t even let Edwards shoot a three in their sessions.

“If you can’t get the right rotation on the ball close to the rim, I’m not going to bring you out,” Holland says.

Edwards’ shot was hardly an overnight success story, but he slowly progressed and began to stack up to Holland’s other protégés. When Walker was named a McDonald’s All-American, it only made Edwards hungrier. And as his jumper improved, so did his confidence.

The summer going into his sophomore year, Edwards put himself on the map while playing on the Under Armour circuit. His bread and butter was still driving to the basket — he was just that much stronger and faster than his opponents, and also a little bit older before the reclassification — but for the first time, Holland and others started to see Edwards evolve from an athlete into a basketball player.

“When [Edwards] made a jump shot, he would look at me like, ‘That’s those gym hours, I can shoot a little bit now,’” Holland says. “And I would look at him like, ‘You ain’t there yet, man. You’re shooting better but you ain’t there yet.’”

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
RealGM
And1: 39,215

Post#924 » by 2010 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:39 pm

Capn'O wrote:
2010 wrote:I'm completely sold on Edwards. If we had the top pick I wouldn't even have to think twice.

I'm sold on him too but also on Cole.

Cole is legit and I def won't complain if we got him, but to me Edwards is in a tier of his own.

That kid is gonna be a big time star. He is extremely well rounded. And his shot is effortless. He never looks like he is doing too much or forcing the action. And he already has a grown man body. Imagine once he is in his prime. He is a lot like RJ in that regard.

We would be set with 3 big time offensive wings in Edwards, RJ and Knox, flanked by defensive wizards like Frank and Mitch.

Then if Smith Jr. finds himself we are looking at a top line young core to supplement with role playing vets who know their place in the pecking order. Guys like Taj, not guys like Randle.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Strick
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,447

Post#925 » by Strick » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:17 am

Frank/Edwards/RJ/Knox/Mitch good mix of defense and offense. Some flashers, some shooters. I would LOVE that core
RGM Knicks BAF- Minnesota Timberwolves

PG: Coby|Ivey|Bones
SG: Monk|Dinwiddie|Smith Jr
SF: B Miller|Jalen J|Cissoko
PF: Paolo|Obi|Walker
C: SenGOON|Koloko|____
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,751

Post#926 » by Fat » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:40 am

Need a dynamic point guard i dont think nothing changes until that happens. just based off the way this team is built mitch needs a point guard, knox needs a point guard, RJ is fine as a secondary handler but probably not someone you give it to every play to create. cole makes the most sense someone that can be a head huncho from the 1. i view him as a kemba walker type of guy.
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
Strick
Lead Assistant

Post#927 » by Strick » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:25 am

FatboyRealPetty wrote:Need a dynamic point guard i dont think nothing changes until that happens. just based off the way this team is built mitch needs a point guard, knox needs a point guard, RJ is fine as a secondary handler but probably not someone you give it to every play to create. cole makes the most sense someone that can be a head huncho from the 1. i view him as a kemba walker type of guy.

I can rock with Cole or Lamelo. I think I lean more in favor of Cole, because Lamelo's shot is so questionable and his effort on defense a lot of the time I've seen him is inconsistent at best. That being said the dude has great height, unbelievable passing ability/vision, really solid handle, and crafty around the rim.

Cole is quick as hell, explosive, I like his shot form and can do a ton that this team would really benefit from having. I think he'll be what a lot of people were/are hoping DSJ can consistently be (with a better jumper)

Honestly right now getting the worst record is crucial. Guaranteeing a top 4 pick could get us Edwards, Wiseman, Cole, or Lamelo (or any other risers). I'd be more than happy with any of them

RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,439

Post#928 » by RHODEY » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:35 am

Strick wrote:
FatboyRealPetty wrote:Need a dynamic point guard i dont think nothing changes until that happens. just based off the way this team is built mitch needs a point guard, knox needs a point guard, RJ is fine as a secondary handler but probably not someone you give it to every play to create. cole makes the most sense someone that can be a head huncho from the 1. i view him as a kemba walker type of guy.

I can rock with Cole or Lamelo. I think I lean more in favor of Cole, because Lamelo's shot is so questionable and his effort on defense a lot of the time I've seen him is inconsistent at best. That being said the dude has great height, unbelievable passing ability/vision, really solid handle, and crafty around the rim.

Cole is quick as hell, explosive, I like his shot form and can do a ton that this team would really benefit from having. I think he'll be what a lot of people were/are hoping DSJ can consistently be (with a better jumper)

Honestly right now getting the worst record is crucial. Guaranteeing a top 4 pick could get us Edwards, Wiseman, Cole, or Lamelo (or any other risers). I'd be more than happy with any of them

Does worst guarantee a top 4 or 5? Either way think Goldenstate's tank is unstoppable.
Fat
RealGM

Post#929 » by Fat » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:44 am

Strick wrote:

yeah same id like any of them as well.

fit wise i like cole, BPA wise id honestly just take wiseman.

Barret/wiseman surrounded by shooters ala simmons/embiid i think it could develop into the type of tandem. id take my chances on it :lol:
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
Strick
Lead Assistant

Post#930 » by Strick » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:46 am

RHODEY wrote:
Strick wrote:

Does worst guarantee a top 4 or 5? Either way think Goldenstate's tank is unstoppable.

It's 5, I had a total mental lapse there. Just need someone else to get into their tier now :lol:

Strick
Lead Assistant

Post#931 » by Strick » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:47 am

I'll legitimately puke if the Warriors tank and get Wiseman. It would be an absolute travesty

Strick
Lead Assistant

Post#932 » by Strick » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:50 am

FatboyRealPetty wrote:
Strick wrote:

yeah same id like any of them as well.

fit wise i like cole, BPA wise id honestly just take wiseman.

Barret/wiseman surrounded by shooters ala simmons/embiid i think it could develop into the type of tandem. id take my chances on it :lol:

The only thing with Wiseman is the Mitch situation. They're different players, but if Mitch really continues beasting and continues to improve idk I would be less sold on going Wiseman. That being said the dude is uber talented and him with RJ would be absolutely disgusting.

Cole/Frank/RJ/Knox/Mitch would be insanely fun to watch too. Good mix of offense and defense. If Cole could sustain good shooting and RJ and Frank can improve shooting that would be a really fun lineup

Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,341

Post#933 » by Worst_to_First » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:54 am

3toheadmelo wrote:N*ggas wouldn’t hold him ineligible if he went to Duke. No cap. **** em..
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Huge loss for college basketball fans.I feel bad for Wiseman.

Seems like this guy is destined to be a Knick though.
Fat
RealGM

Post#934 » by Fat » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:11 am

Strick wrote:Frank/Edwards/RJ/Knox/Mitch good mix of defense and offense. Some flashers, some shooters. I would LOVE that core

out of curiousity how would you run this offense and who's hand would you like to see the ball in the most.
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
Worst_to_First
RealGM

Post#935 » by Worst_to_First » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:13 am

Strick wrote:I'll legitimately puke if the Warriors tank and get Wiseman. It would be an absolute travesty

This is an absolute worst case scenario for the other 29 teams in the NBA.
Worst_to_First
RealGM

Post#936 » by Worst_to_First » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:14 am

3toheadmelo wrote:

That's the same comparison I have for him as well. I was telling 2010 about that

Am trying to get myself to like Cole but for some reason I couldn’t elevate him to the same tier as Edwards in terms of my preferences.
Fat
RealGM

Post#937 » by Fat » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:25 am

Worst_to_First wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

Am trying to get myself to like Cole but for some reason I couldn’t elevate him to the same tier as Edwards in terms of my preferences.

starting off the season i think he can make a case to be in the same tier but ultimately he is most likey a tier below wiseman and edwards
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#938 » by HEZI » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:41 pm

Rule #1: Avoid "tiers"

Rule #2: Don't forget rule #1
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,600

Post#939 » by El Poochio » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:43 pm

Only reason to draft Wiseman at this point is to scam another team

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,404

Post#940 » by robillionaire » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:11 pm

as of now anthony edwards or cole anthony seem like the two I'd be most excited about, if we don't get one of those two I just have a lump of other players I'd be happy with getting, lamelo, hampton, wiseman, mannion, maxey. not high on avidja or maledon but would be willing to give them a fair shot if it comes down to it.

Return to New York Knicks